Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

No poll atm

:)
:(

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 110

Author Topic: [WARLOCK] - Discussion and Suggestions  (Read 174745 times)

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
Re: [WARLOCK] - Dev Log - Day 11 - Alpha V0.2 - New Download
« Reply #465 on: January 12, 2014, 06:20:10 am »

Instead of making them turn opposed to life, make them opposed to life by default and give warlocks the ability to remove the tag.  You can use alternating interactions to make sure there is never a moment that they revert in-between as long as a warlock is around.  By limiting the range and max targets on the warlock interaction, you can set a limit on the number of slaves per warlock, and how closely they have to be watched.  For additional fun, you can give skeletons a rebellion interaction if they stay opposed to life for too long.

razorback

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: January 12, 2014, 06:22:25 am »

as i recall, there are allready different skeletoncastes right?
like dwarf-, elf-, orc-skeleton and so on with certain skillbonuses

for the spawned ones i could imagine 2-workshops, the soul- and the bone-shaper
the first is like a library giving the 'newborn' skeletons the apropriate skills of their kin (and ONLY their kin: no dwarf skeleton with bow skill, no elf with hammer etc.)
and in advance increasing their particular skills. (but i'm not sure if a skeleton should be grandmaster or even expert...)

the second one is a furnance to physicaly upgrade the skeletons to as said ironbone, bloodsteel and dreadnought.

the higher the transformation gets, like usual the higher the price should get and i think especially for the boneshaper (or what it will be called) there should be an increasing risk of killing the skeleton, the higher-tier the metal gets.

shadowclasper

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McSpacemarine, AxeDwarf
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #467 on: January 12, 2014, 06:54:27 am »

I thought the skeleton castes were based on profession? So a smith skeleton would be one thing, regardless of the original race?

How would material effect the skeleton? Besides altering stats? Can you limit the maximum skill level of a caste? So a dreadnought smith skeleton would have only 'no skill' in all skills besides smithing? But up to grandmaster in smithing?
Project Manager for Towergirls: Subtitle Pending

Buel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: January 12, 2014, 12:38:44 pm »

So, with the necromancer altar or what ever to raise the dead. Does said corpse have to be a humanoid? Aka, goblin etc? Cause I put it right next to leprechauns and had the raise the dead on repeat, nothing happened!

LMeire

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Troglodytes for their horradorability.
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: January 12, 2014, 01:03:03 pm »

So, with the necromancer altar or what ever to raise the dead. Does said corpse have to be a humanoid? Aka, goblin etc? Cause I put it right next to leprechauns and had the raise the dead on repeat, nothing happened!

Butcher the corpses and use their bones instead.
"☼Perfection☼ in the job puts pleasure in the work." - Uristotle

LMeire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: January 12, 2014, 01:33:03 pm »

I've tried five different times, and it seems that spawning a Blood Elemental crashes the game about as soon as the elemental leaves the library. (Blood Beasts, too.) EDIT: Also it seems that ghouls can perform the reactions too, which I found out when the burrowed testing-Warlock took a break.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2014, 01:58:08 pm by LMeire »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #471 on: January 12, 2014, 04:49:36 pm »

Day 12 - Day Off.

No modding on the Warlocks today. Gives Alpha testers more time to report problems before I continue, which will be tomorrow. ;) (I did forum support, a few test embarks, designed some workshops for warmist, but didnt do any modding on the warlocks.)

@LMeire: Couldnt replicate the crash on spawn of bloodbeasts/elementals.

@Buel: The corpse needs FIT_FOR_ANIMATION. Yours didnt work because you set it to REPEAT. NEVER DO THAT. Autosyndrome does not trigger if the reaction is on repeat.

@shadowclasper: No, there is only one skeleton caste. I cant alter skills per caste, not with conventional means. Different materials would act like natural armor though. If their bones are made of steel-grade metal, its essentially steel armor. And yeah, I can sort of upgrade them based on caste with specific skills, using syndrometrigger and other scripts. But in the end it all comes down to the handling, how easy it is for the player to use.

@razorback: No, just one skeleton caste. It was a suggestions, has not been implemented yet. Since skeletons can be build from any bone stacks, it would be weird to make a "dwarf skeleton" from badger and cat bones. And yes, skeleton update workshops can be done. Any good names?

@IndigoFenix: Opposed to life by default could mean that you embark with 7 units, but no Warlock, and instantly lose the game.  :-\ What would you use as "rebellion interaction", if opposed to life doesnt turn them hostile? Crazed is known to cause loyality cascades ingame. Overall I like the idea, but I havent looked into the actual interactions yet.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

LMeire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: January 12, 2014, 05:03:59 pm »

About the "warlocks marrying undead" thing, I wouldn't worry too much about it.

The younger brother is a living warlock too, (Well, he was, apparently his chest is gone.) so the marriages just result in badass family trees.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: [WARLOCK] - Dev Log - Day 12 - Alpha V0.2 - Download
« Reply #473 on: January 12, 2014, 05:11:42 pm »

:o

I am not sure if its in the alpha 02 I uploaded, but does you creature:warlock_civ have [BABY:1] and [CHILD:1] ? They shouldnt have any kids at all.  :-\
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

zlurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: January 12, 2014, 05:17:31 pm »

Not that it should be surprising. Warlocks have morals that are even more laughable than those dirty tree-hugging elves. :<

LMeire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: January 12, 2014, 05:19:21 pm »

Eh, give me a few minutes; their raw file was a bit messy when I opened it so I'll let you know if/when I find it.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
[/s]

EDIT: NVM, misread and opened civ file.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2014, 05:22:01 pm by LMeire »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #476 on: January 12, 2014, 05:22:57 pm »

Ah, the formatting. ^^ Use notepad++ or a similar program. the regular one doesnt cut it, it doesnt recognize the line breaks.

EDIT: Just do Ctrl+F and search for "CHILD:1". Thats about it. If its too much work, I download the alpha and look myself. ;)

LMeire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: January 12, 2014, 05:27:07 pm »

They do indeed have that tag.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #478 on: January 12, 2014, 05:29:54 pm »

Thank you. I have it removed in my dev-version, but I never played long enough for marriage and kids. I only had migrants, but no kids among them so far.

shadowclasper

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McSpacemarine, AxeDwarf
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #479 on: January 12, 2014, 07:15:35 pm »

@shadowclasper: No, there is only one skeleton caste. I cant alter skills per caste, not with conventional means. Different materials would act like natural armor though. If their bones are made of steel-grade metal, its essentially steel armor. And yeah, I can sort of upgrade them based on caste with specific skills, using syndrometrigger and other scripts. But in the end it all comes down to the handling, how easy it is for the player to use.
Dang. Well... hmmm... okay. Question? Can a SYNDROME trigger it? Like, a disease that increases skill level? (I have absolutely no idea if this works, you said using syndrometrigger so yeah). So, we make the upgrade from a normal skeleton to a 'ironbone craftskeleton' and that reaction also creates a boulder that automatically evaporates and releases a VERY small cloud that infects the skeleton and upgrades their skill level on the spot? Could be combined with clever design of a fortress to insure that it happens, roleplaying it and all. No more difficult than setting up a departure point on the edge of the map.

@razorback: No, just one skeleton caste. It was a suggestions, has not been implemented yet. Since skeletons can be build from any bone stacks, it would be weird to make a "dwarf skeleton" from badger and cat bones. And yes, skeleton update workshops can be done. Any good names?

Boneshaper and Soulshaper sound good. Assembly Station would work too. Bone Factory. Bone Lab. Thrall Assembly perhaps?

edit: Also, it'd be interesting if we could create bone giants and other terrribly beasties by combining creatures. Can you say skeletal hydra?

Also, a reaction to enslave/make pets out of/normal skeletons would be bad ass. Or changing the bodies of megabeasts into skeletal versions. Skeletal Rocs would be badass.

edit2: Also, it just hit me. While all military recruits are going to look like skeletons. Will Ghouls bite if they're lashers rather than wrestlers? If not, then probably skeletons shouldn't be allowed to wrestle (no point to it for them), instead it should be ghouls that are the wrestlers?

edit3: Also note on the formatting of the libraries. I know it doesn't matter. but could you put little hallways connecting the libraries if they're lined up properly?

edit4: Also on libraries. Shouldn't body and soul go with the blood and vampirism area? And the golden area be metals and wealth again? Spells that attract adventurers and settlers to the slaughter basically? Also alchemy for converting metals and such as dwarves do?
« Last Edit: January 12, 2014, 08:32:50 pm by shadowclasper »
Project Manager for Towergirls: Subtitle Pending
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 110