Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

No poll atm

:)
:(

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 110

Author Topic: [WARLOCK] - Discussion and Suggestions  (Read 173970 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: [WARLOCK] - Dev Log - Day 1
« Reply #180 on: January 01, 2014, 09:45:13 pm »

Well, you do have something. Just not something new. :P

The information thing could be expanded: Torture for information, get "false info" or "valuable info" or "map to old graveyard" or "map to village" or "schedule of caravans"... then use these as reagents in the raiding/kidnapping system to get better loot.

I also made these:
Code: [Select]
[ITEM_INSTRUMENT:ITEM_INSTRUMENT_TORTURE_RACK]
[NAME:torture rack:torture racks]
[HARD_MAT]
[ITEM_INSTRUMENT:ITEM_INSTRUMENT_TORTURE_MAIDEN]
[NAME:iron maiden:iron maidens]
[HARD_MAT]
[ITEM_INSTRUMENT:ITEM_INSTRUMENT_TORTURE_THUMBSCREW]
[NAME:thumbscrew:thumbscrews]
[HARD_MAT] Dont think that warlocks would otherwise use many "instruments", so torture instruments fits fine with the naming scheme of things.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: January 01, 2014, 09:48:24 pm »

I'm still curious: will prisoners be pets, or will they be items? And how big a part would they likely be in any given Warlock's tower?

I have a few ideas for prisoners that are just off the top of my head, if you don't mind my brainstorming.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #182 on: January 01, 2014, 09:58:02 pm »

Currently they are actual caged creatures. Caged invaders from cage traps. You build a torture chamber, then build/bring the cage nearby (so that the worker in the torture chamber can see them).
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Octobomb

• Bay Watcher
  • I like pens
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: January 01, 2014, 10:03:44 pm »

I'm kinda useful!
Also, would Warlocks use poisons much?
Experimentation!
Prehaps the torture device could be more arcane and evil? Thumbscrews are pretty tame, considering. Prehaps a magical electrocution or something.
Prehaps different 'strengths' of torture devices and 'strengths' of workshops might be considered - one workshop might be the a chair victims are bound to (weak) and you can use say, thumbscrews for a information grab, moderate success, pain benifits, very little, whereas a high end torture rack might be near useless for getting information but boy you can drink up that pain.
Actually, do you mind if I did some of this for you? As a way of getting experience? You pick what I do and retain complete control over what happens, and I practise and make myself useful.

Fakeedit: Can you inflict syndromes on caged creatures, perchance?
I saw 5 people with fedoras in my town yesterday.
They're the special biohazard containment agent, out to deal with m'laria.
Sig
Bay12's resident tea drinkers

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #184 on: January 01, 2014, 10:40:55 pm »

Can you inflict syndromes on caged creatures, perchance?
 - Yes, but it uses three different scripts that interlock. fov-command, autosyndrome and in that case tweak-makeown, in addition to the transformation into a ghoul. Even I was glad when I saw that Boltgun already had a setup for this. Its quite complex.

I dont mind if people want to learn or contribute. ;) Currently I have one workshop and two reactions. It works, but can be expanded upon. The raiding system does not exist yet, but its very simple in the actual modding-part. Its just hard to balance it, with the percentages. Not too complex, not too useless, not too powerful. But yeah, go ahead. I was working on forges and failed at miasma-producing ghouls again. ^^

DoomOnion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: January 01, 2014, 11:39:29 pm »

Oh my god Meph, my already dying social life will finally kick the bucket at this rate.

I will never leave my room if this gets finished. Kudos.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #186 on: January 02, 2014, 12:15:38 am »

I will never leave my room if when this gets finished. Kudos.
Fixed that for you.

Currently working on weapons and armor. And I gave wrestling to ghouls, they now have a second sprite for fighters. :)

razorback

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: January 02, 2014, 06:31:04 am »

wow!

i really like to read all that now!

but: why are ghouls quick and skeletons slow?
that doesn't really fit in my mind :/

about torturing:
i imagine 2 (or more) stages; one slight with a meagre chance of getting information and one hardcore with a high chance of getting information but also a high chance of killing the victim

razorback

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: January 02, 2014, 07:17:42 am »

to be more precise about skelletons and ghouls:

i imagine the skelletons to be a quickly bonerattling horde, quick fighters but rather weak and brittle (easy to kill) whereas the ghouls are slow, very strong and have a quite tough skin.

and no comes my next idea, a new caste:

THE GIANTS!
tribes from the mountains, that either have been corrupted, enslaved or swore an oath to the warlocks.

they are 2 ore 3 times larger than a human, incredibly strong but rather stupid and clumsy. their main labours would be mining and all kinds of metalworking. they have some natural skills in fighting, wrestling and so on and prefer large blunt weapons
they need to drink, eat, sleep and can even breed.
the downside is, they have very low offspring (no twins etc.) have only an expected lifespawn of about 25 years, need much more food and drink than an average species and arrive quite rarely in migrant waves.

to get more of them there could be a reaction in a somewhat higher magical building like "curse giant tribe" or "call the savage powers of the mountains" wich summons a small migrant wave with only giants

i would picture them somewhat like the giant blacksmith from 'dark souls'

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #189 on: January 02, 2014, 07:47:30 am »

to be more precise about skelletons and ghouls:

i imagine the skelletons to be a quickly bonerattling horde, quick fighters but rather weak and brittle (easy to kill) whereas the ghouls are slow, very strong and have a quite tough skin.

and no comes my next idea, a new caste:

THE GIANTS!
tribes from the mountains, that either have been corrupted, enslaved or swore an oath to the warlocks.

they are 2 ore 3 times larger than a human, incredibly strong but rather stupid and clumsy. their main labours would be mining and all kinds of metalworking. they have some natural skills in fighting, wrestling and so on and prefer large blunt weapons
they need to drink, eat, sleep and can even breed.
the downside is, they have very low offspring (no twins etc.) have only an expected lifespawn of about 25 years, need much more food and drink than an average species and arrive quite rarely in migrant waves.

to get more of them there could be a reaction in a somewhat higher magical building like "curse giant tribe" or "call the savage powers of the mountains" wich summons a small migrant wave with only giants

i would picture them somewhat like the giant blacksmith from 'dark souls'

Most of this is impossible. ^^ Like needing more food or drinks, no twins, migrant waves of only giants, and why giants in a undead/monster fort? Werewolves, Demons, Succubi, Cerberus, Tentacle Monsters, that makes sense... classical horror stuff. But most of all: I cant do more castes. I am glad that I managed to fit the ghouls in there, but adding another graphic for another race/species in this would mess up all the skills again. It gets more and more difficult, the more you add.

Everything else I will do on the civ creature will be castes (like skeleton = dwarf skeleton, elf skeleton, drow skeleton), or curses (werebeast curse, demon-possessed)

I am used to fast, clawed ghouls that hunt people down... skeletons on the other hand are undeads, which are alway slower than the living. At least the classic undead.

DoomOnion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: January 02, 2014, 08:10:07 am »

Vampire clans.

Make it happen, sir!

I have no problems with crossovers, I would very much like to see a Malkavian vampire in my tower going all cray-cray  :D

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #191 on: January 02, 2014, 08:54:14 am »

If you give me a list of vampire clans with a few attributes that I can put in, why not? I liked Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines a lot. :)

Grimmash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: January 02, 2014, 09:35:20 am »

I can give you a quick write up tonight.  There were 13 clans, each with 3 of 17 disciplines (powers) and various benefits/drawbacks.  It's been a while, so I'm not sure I could properly do all 13 from memory.  But the Malkavians mentioned were insane, Tzimisce were flesh and bone crafters, Gangrel were physical powerhouses, Toreador were depraved artisocrats, Ventrue were the organizers and politicos, Lasombra used shadows, Followers of Set used blood magic, Assamites i think were assassins, Ravnos were gypsies, Nosferatu were disfigured, Brujah were fighters, and Giovanni and Tremere were... Something.

Disciplines included Auspex to see the future, Obtenebration to use shadows, Vissicitude for bome and flesh, Thaumaturgy for magic, Celerity for speed, Potency for power, something for toughness, some social stuff, Animalism, Protean for using the earth, and a few I am forgetting.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: January 02, 2014, 10:03:40 am »

Hey Meph, in this how would you get more Warlocks? Just from migrants?

Oh and make sure that skeletons can't become vampires!

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #194 on: January 02, 2014, 10:14:23 am »

Giovanni and Tremere were... Something. => Giovanni were aristokrats as well, and Tremere were the mages if I am not mistaken.

13*3*17 is a bit much. Currently vampire migrants are super rare. If I do that much, thats more of a "playable race:vampire the masquerade edition" ;) But I am not averse to easter eggs, adding a few of the more interesting vampire clans.

More Warlocks: 2 migrant waves, thats it. You cant get more. But I want to do it that you can resurrect each one unlimited times, if you have the materials and the corpse hasnt been destroyed or animated by accident. Skeletons you can construct, ghouls you can make from captured invaders. But Warlocks are rare and you have to take good care of the ones you have.

Skeletons dont even have blood. ^^
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 110