Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

No poll atm

:)
:(

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 110

Author Topic: [WARLOCK] - Discussion and Suggestions  (Read 174723 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: [WARLOCK] - Dev Log - Day 13 - V0.2 - Vampires, Werebeasts and Thralls.
« Reply #495 on: January 14, 2014, 04:06:23 am »

No fishing :P

Skills go up for skeleton migrants. Transformation does not raise the natural skill, only the skill learn rate. Nothing I can do abou it. But I will try to add this using scripts.

Warpstone based weaponry: Possibly, I havent gotten that far.

Vampires will drink drinks automatically, but they will not chose bloodwine over... lets say dwarven rum or wine. Thats why I added this extra manual reaction. They should be quite rare, so its not too much management. I am also not entire sure how the game handles this, because after 3 months they get the bloodsucker tag back, but I dont know if their blood-thirst counter has been set to 0 with this. It might be that they dont drink blood for 3 months, then get that tag back and are like "Oh my, I havent had a drink for 3 months" and instakill someone.

Thrall Chamber: The Thralls will wander about randomly. No control. So yeah, putting this up where invaders walk through might make sense. I really couldnt give you thralls for your army that use weapons and armor, they are so indestructable... doesnt count like a pet, cant be pastured.

Ebonglass Forge: Currently it takes 10 powder, for the glass reaction, but you get 150 from grinding ore. I dont think that there will be a shortage. Its mostly to take green glass and recolor it. Of course the weapon grade ones are more expensive... but I dont think I will add alchemy to this. Maybe chemistry, I havent done that yet. I think about adding AoE attack materials like Acids and Warpstone to it.

Darkpact: Remember, you need quite a bit to build it, and destroying all plants/trees on the map is pretty damning. Same for "kills worker", because you dont have many warlocks. And misery, the dfhack plugin doubles the impact of negative thoughts. I obviously havent tested this ingame, but I think its ok like it is. If testing shows that its too abusive, I can change the balancing easily.

Vampire Crypt: Yeah, why not? Blood Elixier and Blood Frenzy... mh.... I could even make vampire specific spells, now that you mention this.

Any good ideas for Werebeasts? I cant really see how I can add them into the civ. Because they transform that fully heal, they pause/zoom every month, which is annoying, and they drop all their gear, making them bad for the military.

Nobles are appointed. Just like military commander/militia captian.

The crumbles when warlocks dies: No need for a workshop, I can do this automatically.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

shadowclasper

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McSpacemarine, AxeDwarf
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #496 on: January 14, 2014, 04:38:44 am »

Okay, so thought on Thrall chamber.

Can it produce a thrall who is automatically in a cage? That would make the most sense I'd think. Require a cage to go into the reaction, and pop out someone inside of a cage. That way they could be placed as traps and released as needed? Also seems like what the Warlocks would do. Cage up the person to be transformed into a thrall and activate the device for doing it.

edit: Had an idea. What if the effects of archeology that were normally bad instead produced GOOD results for Warlocks? Like if blood beasts are called upon, they are pets? Likewise, some of the normally good stuff will result in bad things for warlocks. Warlocks probably don't really want the attention of the gods all that much ehn?
« Last Edit: January 14, 2014, 04:43:43 am by shadowclasper »
Project Manager for Towergirls: Subtitle Pending

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #497 on: January 14, 2014, 04:58:21 am »

Archeology only has 1 negative effect, the easter egg Red Marker. Archeology has nothing to do with god. ^^

I cant make anything produce anything inside cages, but I might be able to turn caged invaders into thralls. So you build a cage trap, capture a human, turn human in cage into a husk, and it should still be in the cage. Maybe. Its worth a try. :) I really like the idea of uncontrollable monsters inside cages that are released upon the enemy.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

shadowclasper

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McSpacemarine, AxeDwarf
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #498 on: January 14, 2014, 05:04:49 am »

You could also do it with caged friendlies perhaps? Somebody brings a caged Ghoul to the place and thralls him?
Project Manager for Towergirls: Subtitle Pending

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #499 on: January 14, 2014, 05:10:30 am »

theoratically. Can you just cage civ members?

razorback

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: January 14, 2014, 07:49:34 am »

oh its so exciting to read all the inovations everyday  :)

and thanks for the 2 new nobles!
but would you please reconsider my earlier suggestion:

1 small squad: (5 - 10) wich is firstly used for self defense and later on for hunting-ghouls or what else (no/small room requirements, needs no unlocking)
Harbinger: small squad (~10?) , best used for warlock only (high requirements, unlocks the 4 riders and the 2(!) Crypt Lords)
2 Cryptlords: mediocre to high room req. large squad (~50) for one melee and one ranged platoon

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #501 on: January 14, 2014, 08:03:30 am »

My thinking was this: Harbing makes the main army, ghoul-squad used for "hunting" and skeleton squad allows an archer squad, without the problems mentioned earlier. And the 4 riders for special warlocks.

You seem to overestimate the amount of warlocks you get. It will not be many in each tower. 10 Warlocks would already be a lot in one dungeon. I want every single one to be a valued member that you know by hand. Teach spells. Resurrect if he/she dies...

razorback

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: January 14, 2014, 08:23:24 am »

ok i understand this...
i just don't really like that your dungeonoverlord would be on the field/in the same squad with the bulk of worthless commoners
(and i need much more than 15 archers^^)

about the amount of warlocks
i imagined that a 200 souls(lol) tower would have something like 10 warlocks and about 10 vampires wich would then be somewhat sufficient.  ::)

Buel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: January 14, 2014, 09:49:13 am »

Werebeasts, hrm. Could be very rare creatures/pets to be added? Just very expensive at embark? Like 400 points for a were creature. Kinda like the plump helmet men. Just a random gender and were creature, used specifically for war, or hunting?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #504 on: January 14, 2014, 10:29:47 am »

I just started my first real test fort. Embarked with 1 skeleton, 2 ghoul, 2 vampires and 2 warlocks. Odd combination. We also tamed some evil creatures in worldgen, I took 4 of each: sluagh, barghest, raven, grave cat.

2 Vampires will make it very interesting for the 2 Warlocks to survive. Lets see how it goes.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: January 14, 2014, 10:30:49 am »

What is the difference between vampires and warlocks?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #506 on: January 14, 2014, 10:48:44 am »

A vampire is a warlock that is also a vampire. Thats it. ^^

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: January 14, 2014, 10:49:54 am »

Hm. So you got four warlocks.

LMeire

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Troglodytes for their horradorability.
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: January 14, 2014, 11:01:05 am »

So far the only real difference I've noticed is that Vampires never get hungry or sleepy but if they stay thirsty for too long then someone dies. Also, vampire migrants tend to start with higher Crafting levels than they do in Sorcery or Prayer, so it's really easy to overlook them in a wave if you only look at sprites. ('Cause they look like skeletons.)
"☼Perfection☼ in the job puts pleasure in the work." - Uristotle

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #509 on: January 14, 2014, 11:02:45 am »

('Cause they look like skeletons.)

I really hope I can fix that, but if the game thinks that someone with natural skills is still a peasant... I cant do anything about it.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 110