Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

No poll atm

:)
:(

Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 110

Author Topic: [WARLOCK] - Discussion and Suggestions  (Read 174735 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: [WARLOCK] - Dev Log - Day 12 - Alpha V0.2 - Download
« Reply #480 on: January 13, 2014, 04:39:39 am »

I can upgrade skeletons in a workshop, its simple.

I also solved the problem I had with ghouls and hunting. A very simple solution:

No hunting, no fishing. If you want to kill animals, send your military. I will add more military squads for this. One skeleton, one ghoul.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: January 13, 2014, 06:38:37 am »

WAIT WHAT. HOW CAN YOU DO THAT?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #482 on: January 13, 2014, 06:42:13 am »

Magic.

Also permitted jobs in the entity file. Just removing one or two doesnt do anything, but if you remove all that belong to one category, the category is deleted. :)
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Nuttycompa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: January 13, 2014, 07:24:27 am »

Why fishing  :'(

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #484 on: January 13, 2014, 09:05:17 am »

Why not? :D

I got something really awesome: Rituals that transform random invaders, anywhere on the map, to a werebeast or thrall/husk that attacks the others in his unit.

Invaders attack => Warlock goes to his dungeon and does dark ritual => 2 invaders turn into werebeasts or thralls => Chaos and Selfdestruction of invaders. :)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #485 on: January 13, 2014, 10:22:29 am »

Thrall chamber can now turn invaders into husks. uncontrollable and berserk.
Thrall chamber can turn ghouls into thralls. uncontrollable, but friendly.
Vampire crypt can turn any warlock into a vampire.
Vampire crypt can turn any vampire into a warlock.
Werebeast lair can turn invaders into werewolves. uncontrollable and berserk, temporary.

I dont see the benefit in turning a civ-member into a werewolf, so I did not add this.

Ebonforge and Glasshaper got new/more reactions.

8 new books. Each library got one, each single one is a buildmat for one building. :) They are cheap, its just to make sure that you build the libraries first.

Now I will take a look at the skeleton upgrades.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #486 on: January 13, 2014, 12:11:05 pm »

Skeleton upgrades are a thing. Skeleton can go from bone => ironbone => bloodsteel => dreadnought. They get tougher bones, fitting the metal they are made of, and get higher skill learn rates. 50% for normal skellies, 75% for ironbone, 100% for bloodsteel and 125% for dreadnought skeletons. This only affects combat skill however, all the normal labors are still on 0% for all.

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: January 13, 2014, 12:47:45 pm »

How many bars do we need to upgrade one skeleton?
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

shadowclasper

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McSpacemarine, AxeDwarf
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #488 on: January 13, 2014, 03:26:22 pm »

So how do we get good materials from skeletons? If their crafting labors prevent them from getting good things? We'll never see Masterwork Dreadnought Spears for example?

Also, I think Ghouls should be allowed to keep fishing. Hunting is a military thing sure, but fishing should remain. Also it should be a 'ghoul pack' of 5 ghouls.
Project Manager for Towergirls: Subtitle Pending

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #489 on: January 13, 2014, 04:10:59 pm »

No fishing. I always disliked it, and was glad that I could delete it entirely.

Skeleton skills will maybe upgraded manually in a workshop. Dont know yet. Otherwise: Trade/Steal from caravans. The Darkpact can do masterwork items as well.

shadowclasper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #490 on: January 13, 2014, 04:44:26 pm »

It'd be great if they could be upgraded manually.

Ha, what if you worked them up through the alchmeical metals? Changing their form as their skills increased?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #491 on: January 13, 2014, 07:04:38 pm »

Dev Log - Day 13 - Today was a good day.

That break did wonders. :)

I removed the stale blood from ghouls, they were messing up the place, which hurts FPS. I removed all hunting and fishing related jobs, which makes ghouls much more... combat heavy. They are now natural butchers, but cant learn any other labors. They are good fighters though.

The Necromantic Altar can now raise all dead on the map, for the cost of 3 souls. Cheap, yes, but the undead are opposed to life and you cant control them.

The Eternal Rose can now remove all bad thoughts from your dungeon, for the cost of one rose.

The Vampire Crypt, Werebeast Lair and Thrall Chamber now have reactions.

I added two more nobles.

The Darkpact can now add a quality to the item created, and allows you to either type or pick from a list. Thanks at Putnam for the update. The concept is finished as well, and there might be negative side effects now.

I added 8 more books, one to each of the libraries. Each one unlocks one building. This is done to ensure a progression from dungeon to library to high-rituals.

Skeletons now come in castes. 4 available, bone, ironbone, bloodsteel and dreadnought. Each level up costs 10 metal bars and raises their skills by 2 and their combat-skill learn rate by 25%, as well as molding their entire body of these metals. A dreadnought skeleton is a heavy hitter and can take quite some beating. They are naturally rare, but you can upgrade them yourself at the Corrupted Forge.

I also tested a fancy warpstone-cloud catapult. More on that later.

Calling sieges, migrants or caravans now costs souls.

Glass Shaper now has ruby glass and cobalt glass items. Red and Blue.

Ebonforge is in. Makes ashlander and ebon glass, as well as raw ruby and cobalt glass. The first two are weapon/armor grade, Orc Fortress players should know them. The evil Ashlander elves trade those.

For tomorrow I have on my list: Test all the above mentioned features in a fort. Work more on the blight catapult / AoE siege ammo. Bundle everything up for Alpha V.03. Start working on the abyss, the demon-summoning workshop. :) And figure out a way to make your dungeon crumble if all your Warlocks died.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2014, 07:16:08 pm by Meph »

DoX

• Bay Watcher
  • No, seriously.
    • View Profile
Re: [WARLOCK] - Dev Log - Day 13 - V0.2 - Vampires, Werebeasts and Thralls.
« Reply #492 on: January 13, 2014, 08:42:24 pm »

Gettin' me all excited over here Meph. Using the new Glass as a primary building is fantastic, totally suits the theme. Just imagining a Dreadnaught all decked out in Ebonglass. Wooh!

Just a few questions n' comments, because I assume that's what we're here for. Also to go wooh.

- The Thrall Chamber: Making a ghoul into a mad killing machine is, by all accounts, badass. It does sort of minimize it's effectiveness unless you build the chamber right outside the gates of your fortress though. How do you get your new Thrall anywhere near useful hacky-slashy frontlines? Does it become like a pet? Can you pasture it?

- The Ebonglass Forge: Given these are Warlocks, will there be alchemical means to make alternative regents for these reactions?  Ways of creating artificial gold and cobalt dust?

- The Darkpact: Love it, but it still seems too easy. 65% success, and if you fail you just lose a bunch of trees? Some fire? I mean, for an Adamantine zweihander, I'd expect at least 20% success and a chance of blood maggots exploding from the wishing warlock's eyes.

- Vampire Crypt: Any chances of rare, difficult to create Blood Elixirs that can stave off the thirst for whole seasons? Possibly created from forgotten beast blood? Also, some sort of "Vampire Frenzy" option, using many many bloodwine casks to temporarily boost a vampire to incredible strength/speed?

- Are the two new nobles appointed or specially created?

- Now, as a closing thought, how to have it so the entire fortress crumbles if you lose all your warlocks? The most efficient means I can think of is a building, some kind of central "Alter" wherein, once a year, a warlock can perform a free reaction (using skills only Warlocks possess, praying or somesuch) that causes a map-wide spell, making all skeletons, ghouls and spawned/created creatures remain civilians. If it's not performed once a year, then every unit that isn't a warlock falls apart or goes mad or becomes opposed to life. No more civs, no more fortress. Just a big empty fort full of wild animal skeletons and ghouls. Sounds like fun for a reclaim, huh?

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
  • Profile Pic has Changed! Sorry for the Delay.
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: January 13, 2014, 09:22:00 pm »

We can have vampires drink using a reaction, but will they do it automatically? It seems like a lot of micromanagement might be involved, especially with larger fortresses.
Given current events, I've altered my profile pic and I'm sorry it took so long to fix. If you find the old one on any of my accounts elsewhere on the internet, let me know by message (along with the specific site) and I'll fix. Can't link the revised avatar for some reason.

shadowclasper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #494 on: January 14, 2014, 12:47:35 am »

Question and clarification for the changing of skeletons?

It mentions skills going up by two? Does this refer to crafter skeletons? So a skeleton's skills will all increase by two? or something else?

Secondly, I really think Ghouls should be able to fish. If only so we can have a gollum in our water caverns...

edit: Question? Can you have warp stone based weaponry? That'd actually be pretty cool.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2014, 04:43:22 am by shadowclasper »
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 110