Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

No poll atm

:)
:(

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 110

Author Topic: [WARLOCK] - Discussion and Suggestions  (Read 170847 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: [WARLOCK] - Collecting Ideas
« Reply #45 on: December 23, 2013, 02:06:00 pm »

who spent the most money won.
Tournaments solved that problem. ;) Each class allows different cards, with Extended being around 500€ max for a deck, while my Vintage deck was closer to 6000€. Some times I really think I should have kept it.  :-\

migshark: Squads will be smaller, with more powerful creatures. But I think most battles will not be fought with brute strength.

Combining creatures doesnt work, because it requires transformation. I cant change materials or bodyparts on the same creature...

Butchering will result in a soul-item lying around. Directly. I thought about something like a "Soul Syphon" workshop. Soul + Hourglass = Phylactery, which is then used in reactions.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

zlurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 23, 2013, 02:39:30 pm »

Expensive cards don't mean you're going to win. One idiot brought his power nine deck to the first vintage tournament we had and won. So, the next weekend, I brought a deck that wasn't worth more than $60 and completely annihilated him on turn two over and over and over again. He never made the mistake of bringing his bling deck ever again. :x

Also I don't know if someone mentioned the idea or not because there's lots of words in some of these posts but maybe make it so that warlocks can sacrifice others to heal themselves of wounds and stuff.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #47 on: December 23, 2013, 02:47:30 pm »

Sacrificing other stuff is always difficult. Sacrificing (or injuring) the worker itself is a lot simpler to do.

I thought about a torture chamber: Send an acolyte to be tortured (which injures him), but makes all other acolytes work faster for a while. :D
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

mahrgell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 23, 2013, 04:17:00 pm »

Well, you can sacrifice a warlock to get a warlock soul and then make the healing require warlock souls.

udsuna

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 24, 2013, 02:31:03 am »

Never was a tourney player. I live in the 'states... too long a drive. Also STILL way too expensive.

And why not just heal via normal collected souls?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #50 on: December 24, 2013, 09:35:50 am »

Why heal at all? If you are sick or injured, the residing warlock just aranges an accident and he gets a new skeleton worker.

AshFire

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 24, 2013, 05:16:47 pm »

Why heal at all? If you are sick or injured, the residing warlock just aranges an accident and he gets a new skeleton worker.
Can this be done by using LawWarlock? So the crime in the Tower is to be weak, and when an Acolyte is injured, LawWarlock comes to fight him. If Acolyte dies - so be it, if not, he is allowed to live because he has proved his strength. Presence of an ill Warlock makes others unhappy because he is unpunished criminal.

Another random idea: can something important (like wealth or blueprints) depend on the height of the Tower? Maybe building it really high should have some reason.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2013, 05:18:41 pm by AshFire »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #52 on: December 24, 2013, 05:27:24 pm »

Can this be done by using LawWarlock? So the crime in the Tower is to be weak, and when an Acolyte is injured, LawWarlock comes to fight him. If Acolyte dies - so be it, if not, he is allowed to live because he has proved his strength. Presence of an ill Warlock makes others unhappy because he is unpunished criminal.

Another random idea: can something important (like wealth or blueprints) depend on the height of the Tower? Maybe building it really high should have some reason.
No, no and no. ^^

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #53 on: December 25, 2013, 07:31:09 pm »

I finally found the solution to this damn graphics problem:

All civ-members will be skeletons. And you... you will be Sauron, more or less. Skeletons do all the labor, but cant learn spells... but you can bring one skeleton to a workshop and run: "Possess a body", or "Take on form", and then the skeleton will transform into a caste that is allowed for the noble position. And the noble position has the special Warlock sprite.

You now have an army of skeletons, and one Warlock to rule them all. I will make a warlock, an acolyte/apprentice and an advisor. They are your three nobles, they can learn spells, and so on. I think this will work.

and if your Warlock dies... no worries, just his body died. As long as you have phylacteries and souls and skeletons, you can resurrect him, by simply possessing a new body. :)

Sage Ethereal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 25, 2013, 08:34:50 pm »

I have been liking what I have read so far. Looking for having an army of minions I can use/abuse at will!  :D

Shadow9657

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 25, 2013, 09:52:59 pm »

That sounds awesome! You could split the skeletons into different castes based on their former race. So like there would be an orc skeleton caste that is better at fighting and an elf skeleton caste that is good at farming etc. Just my 2 urists.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 25, 2013, 09:59:42 pm »

Maybe implement a progressive magic system, where physical health and magical power are inversely proportionate, due to pacts with dark gods and such? As you gain power, you become weaker and closer to death. Powerful warlocks have slow speed because they have to levitate themselves around; their limbs can't support them.

razorback

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 26, 2013, 10:13:34 am »

I finally found the solution to this damn graphics problem:

All civ-members will be skeletons. And you... you will be Sauron, more or less. Skeletons do all the labor, but cant learn spells... but you can bring one skeleton to a workshop and run: "Possess a body", or "Take on form", and then the skeleton will transform into a caste that is allowed for the noble position. And the noble position has the special Warlock sprite.

You now have an army of skeletons, and one Warlock to rule them all. I will make a warlock, an acolyte/apprentice and an advisor. They are your three nobles, they can learn spells, and so on. I think this will work.

and if your Warlock dies... no worries, just his body died. As long as you have phylacteries and souls and skeletons, you can resurrect him, by simply possessing a new body. :)

I like that idea, really ;)
but in my opinion only 3 magicians or so are a little bit limited...

so i recently had an idea... as allways, i'm no modder so i'm totally not sure if this is even possible but anyway:

what if you just have different castes wich extremely differing learning rates and some specific starting skills
so every caste would have certain jobs (jobgroups) wich they can hardly change and therefore the sprites would simply fit

per example:

undead corpse caste: natural skill of novice in masonry/mining/stonecrafting -99% learning rate in every other job -> undead sprite
skeleton caste: natural skill in bonecarving and basic fighting abilities -> skeleton sprite
acolyte: some skill no worthless minion could ever accomplish, like praying; -99% on manual work
warlock: sorcery skill etc.
and so on..

For fighting skills especially:
warlocks should be the only ones wich can properly use their magic equipment (magic staves) and those would have a different fighting skill than the crude weapons the undead minions would use - so the recruit/fighter/legendary 'soldiers' would also have different looks.

additionally the mentioned nobles could also be used as different sprites for the most powerfull warlocks.

i know, this could be bypassed but i think if the player is willing to obey the "rules" it should work.

what is more:
could different castes have a different "biology"?
like if skeletons do not need to eat but also have just an expected lifespawn of just 5 years before they fall apart
undead corpses wich only eat meat but slowly rot
warlocks with certain extraordinary eating behaviors but a nearly unlimited lifespawn
« Last Edit: December 26, 2013, 10:35:13 am by razorback »

ThaMuzz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 26, 2013, 10:45:38 am »

Few things:
1) Really like the idea of a "captive prisoner/slave" item.  Item would be harvested through either a "raiding" building that would act like the expedition outfitter, or by sacrificing units in the slave pits, which would act a lot like sacrificing a life to Armok, killing the unit who runs the reaction.  Also like the idea of prepared undead tools, which could be used at the raiding building (to simulate sending out a host of undead soldiers).

2) I do like the idea of not relying on migrations for population.  I imagine the Warlocks as less a civilization, and more a group of outcasts from other civilizations who have aligned themselves with dark forces.  As such, having large groups of acolytes show up seems strange to me.  I find the idea of these outcasts creating their workforce far more appealing.
Slaves produced by Broodmothers/lords would make up a core pillar of industry in a tower (already suggested this, but have some elaboration), and there would be a tech tree involved in improving them and the slaves they produce.

Basic Warlock Broodmothers would produce basic slaves, "blanks" or something.  Only produce the weakest of souls when sacrificed/butchered (is it possible to make workers butcherable?).  Fairly weak and stupid, useful only for manual labor.
Using a mechanism similar to iron/steel cladding war beasts, these basic Broodmothers could be improved to produce more useful slaves.  Captives could be sacrificed to turn a broodmother into a version that produces slaves of that race.  More advanced reactions could be used to create Broodmothers whose offspring a especially useful when harvested for souls or other materials.

One thing: when I was playing in 4b, slaves were not showing up in Therapist.  That could make a slave based fortress harder to manage.

3) Demon binding might take a form similar to the current Colosseum.  A demon is summoned and must be subdued.  Its corpse can then be processed for a demon shard, which can be used to create a more pliable, subservient beast or used in advanced reactions.

4) In addition to Jafar, I'd suggest Abdul Alhazred from H.P. Lovecraft and the Skeksis (particularly SkekTek) from the Dark Crystal as inspirations.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2013, 10:57:49 am by ThaMuzz »

ThaMuzz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 26, 2013, 11:28:06 am »

Hall of the Dead:
- Extract Skeleton: Kills unit running reaction.  Produces a skeletal worker.  Useful way to convert useless slaves.
- Create Skeletal Servant: Converts running unit into skeleton caste, preserving skill (which extract does not).  Requires magical reagents.
- Prepare Skeletal Cyst: Kills unit running reaction, produces a Skeletal Cyst.  Reaction only works when performed by skeletal workers.
- Open Skeletal Cyst: Consumes a skeletal cyst, creates a skeletal worker with no skills.
- Create Abomination: Consumes skeletal cysts and other tools to produce a tool that can be used to spawn a potentially useful pet/worker

Raiders Cabal Building:
- Prepare Snatcher: Takes skeletal cyst, cloak, dagger.  Produces Snatcher Cyst.
- Prepare Raiding Party: Takes multiple skeletal cysts, weapons and armor.  Produces Ambush Cyst.
- Prepare Siege Party: Takes a lot of skeletal cysts, weapons and armor.  Produces Siege Cyst.
- Prepare Corrupter: Takes a skeletal cyst, clothes, magical reagents, gold coins and books of dark lore.  Produces Corruptor Cyst.

Raid Launch Point:  All would use a skill (something like Strategist or Slavedriver or something).
- Snatch Child of (race): uses Snatcher Cyst, 25% chance of being consumed.  High chance of child slave tool as product.  Small chance of triggering siege by race raided.
- Raid (Race): Uses an Ambush Cyst, 50% chance of being consumed or reduced to a handful of snatcher cysts.  Chance to produce a mix of slave items, also possibly some loot.  Moderate chance of triggering a siege by target race.
- Siege (Race): Uses a Siege Cyst, high chance of being consumed or reduced to a handful of ambush cysts and snatcher cysts.  High chance to produce a lot of slave items and potentially good loot.  High chance of causing a siege.
- Corrupt (Race): Uses a Corrupter Cyst, high chance of being lost.  Low to medium chance of producing a few Traitor slave items and possibly some valuable loot.  Small chance of causing a siege.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 110