Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

No poll atm

:)
:(

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 110

Author Topic: [WARLOCK] - Discussion and Suggestions  (Read 173968 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: [WARLOCK] - Collecting Ideas - A lot of screenshots atm
« Reply #150 on: December 30, 2013, 07:31:35 pm »

Blood Wine is planned. :)

A catch22 rose makes no sense. My workers already dont eat, drink or sleep anyway. ;)

Possibly farming roses into a "perfume" or whatever, used to apply to fleshy undeads so they don't spread miasma and make their masters miserable. => This gives me an idea... make a zombie caste, which speards miasma. So you start with zombies instead of skeletons, and they create miasma indoors. So you keep them outside, or "upgrade" them to skeletons.

The rosebush topiary as decoration can be done, but not the watering/withering.

And I dont know if they are hauled to a hospital, no idea. I just got the sleeping part to work, now lets see what I can do about the waking-up part.
EDIT: Yeah, it works. :) They dont instantly wake up, but finish sleeping till they naturally wake up. But it works. :) They dont get hungry or thristy, ignore tantrums and just lie there, like some fairytale princess... sleep little warlocks, sleep. :D
« Last Edit: December 30, 2013, 07:41:08 pm by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

DoomOnion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: December 30, 2013, 09:47:51 pm »

Ghouls for working class, perhaps? They feel pain, they need to eat, but no drink, no breathe, no age.

SharpKris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: December 30, 2013, 10:40:44 pm »

when i think of ghouls i picture them as cannon fodder really.. how about floating eyes? made from body parts at a workshop. think of them as scouts

DoomOnion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: December 30, 2013, 10:42:51 pm »

Aren't they supposed to be cannon fodders? I mean, I can hardly picture ... a warlock tower consisting of hundreds of random floating eyes and a warlock or two, with a couple of skeletons.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #154 on: December 30, 2013, 10:44:49 pm »

Currently I only have this:
 - Skeleton workers. No eat, no sleep, no drink, no emotions.
 - Undeads. Just raise whatever as friendly, but independant undead.
 - Souls Wisps. Scouts that can be turned into suicide bombers.

And... I will not lie. The libraries have been a lot more work then I anticipated and took half of the day to do. But I think I found a design that I like. Some will call me crazy, but on the other hand people requested "large libraries" for Warlocks. Well. I think I can deliver that.

Is a modular system, you can build them together like you want. First example is the intended way, the other 3 arent wrong either. ;) Its 9 buildings. North/West, North, North/East, East, South/East, South, South/West, West, Center. Dimensions are 7x7 (center), 7x11 / 11x7, and 11x11 for the corners. I hope you like it.

::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

DoomOnion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: December 30, 2013, 10:51:28 pm »

Holy shit meph, that looks absolutely stunning.

SharpKris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: December 30, 2013, 10:51:43 pm »

my symmetric OCD is flaring up! good job!

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #157 on: December 30, 2013, 11:01:18 pm »

I guess if I make the 7x11 into 11x11 as well, people would have almost unlimited ways of combining them... but I wanted to leave the option of "long & thin" sections open, for people that dislike mining out half a level just to build a library. ;)

I am not quite sure about the straight walls on the 7x11 versions...  :(

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: December 30, 2013, 11:02:47 pm »

Changelog for Masterwork 5a:
-Added Lego Libraries

Nuttycompa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: December 31, 2013, 12:20:04 am »

Glorious!!!

Grimmash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: December 31, 2013, 12:43:47 am »

Those are pretty awesome.  My only advice would be a tileset that gets rid of the black space between the sections.  Maybe a half wall?

But that is more of a tileset thing, not really a mod thing, and my personal OCD.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #161 on: December 31, 2013, 12:46:31 am »

Grimmash... there is no black space. Thats just a mock-up I did with paint. If you build them next to each other, they will visually merge. (leaving no space for stairs, thats why I left 1 tile space on the first example, because that will be how most people will probably end up building them)

EDIT: I think I will add ghouls as civ-members. They can learn and are faster then skeletons, but stink up the place with miasma, if kept indoors too much.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2013, 01:29:29 am by Meph »

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: December 31, 2013, 09:03:18 am »

If you're looking for more castes, you could make a small number of warlocks into run-of-the-mill necromancers that raise everything they see. The rest would have to haul corpses to workshops to raise the dead with very specific reactions or haul them over to the altar.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #163 on: December 31, 2013, 04:49:59 pm »

I dont think I will do castes for the warlocks. Its all done with interactions. If they should learn raise-dead, you can just teach them, no need for a caste-transformation with that.

I want to avoid these constant transformations that you have in dwarf mode, because they fully heal everyone all the time. No guildhall for warlocks. Castes for skeletons and/or ghouls: Maybe. But no switching between them.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: December 31, 2013, 04:52:08 pm »

Aww, no more Level Up Effect.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 110