Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

No poll atm

:)
:(

Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 110

Author Topic: [WARLOCK] - Discussion and Suggestions  (Read 174478 times)

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
Re: [WARLOCK] - Discussion and Suggestions
« Reply #1470 on: April 11, 2014, 04:45:56 pm »

I was more referring to the actual warlocks, unless that would affect the ghouls and skeletons too.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1471 on: April 11, 2014, 05:47:55 pm »

it would be warlock only.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

blapnk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1472 on: April 11, 2014, 08:01:05 pm »

I'm able to raise the skeletons directly from their coffins. They surround my necromantic altar. They leave a bit of stuff in their coffin but I can still free it for use for the next one. Haven't had cause to try it with the warlocks.

Can you supposed to be able re-raise ironbone/bloodsteel/dreadnought skeletons because I couldn't seem to. I also can't seem to grind wolfram bars, it might be because it's looking for [REACTION_CLASS:WOLFRAM] and I'm not sure if wolfram bars have it, only the ore.

drayath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1473 on: April 12, 2014, 01:17:26 am »

You can re-raise higher level skeletons, and they come back as the same skeleton type (i have various iron/blood re-raised skeletons)

-----
Issues

Restless dead: Attack prisioners, resurected megabeasts

At least one the elven mithril items is bugged (i think one of the weapons), melting down items from one ambush got me 3000 mithril bars.
Melting metal casts from xxxClad creatures returns a lot of bars (1 bar per 2 casts). A steelclad horse gives 10 steel bars, ends up being a lot of bars after a mounted attack.

Acid flasks in weapon traps don't seem to work. Get enemy hit by flask, but no aoe effect or special effect on enemy hit.

Library sections should probably be build with 1 special book rather than 10 books (made in central library). Otherwise once you have 10 books can learn all spells by building/deconstructiong each library section in turn.

-----------
Suggestion new buildings: Teleport Beacon
1x1 building taking 1 soul & 1 block & 1 large gem to build
6 Reactions: Teleports all items with 3/6/9 radius to the blue/red portal. This can be done with arguments to the existing teleport script.

Mainly intended to be used to clear-up after sieges, but can also find intresting ways to use it in mining/industry. Varying ranges are to help find ways to play with it.
Consider: Is balanced without reagents for use? Can't use many reagents or would be faster carting the items back that carrying out the reagents.
Future: Would be balanced better if instead of teleport all items, each reaction could teleport just the nearest item. Would need minor teleport script changes.
EDIT: I have a tweak to the teleport script to teleport just the nearest X items, just need to test it.

-----------
Suggestion

Ease of use on skelleton (iron->steel->dread) upgrades
Add an additional option to the forge, that instead of upgrading the unit that runs the reaction just upgrades a random skelleton. Insead of having to play around with profiles can just repeat the reaction 10 times to upgrade 10 skelletons.
Grant the unit a candointeraction: range 500, single creature target, no los, caste restricted to unit type upgrading from, start-end-delay so can only use once; performed the required upgrade.

-----------
Suggestion

Ease of use on spell training
Add a combination learn spells to each library section. Teaches all spells that section teaches with one reaction (possibly at a slight reagent discount to doing them seperatly)

-----------
Suggestion

Ease of use on stat training
Add some major improvement reactions (E.g. 8 souls for 2000 in a stat)
Balance issue; Can presently give unlimited improvements in all stats. Would something like the following be more balanced; In each stat can only have 1 minor, major and grand improvement (via IT_CANNOT_TARGET_IF_ALREADY_AFFECTED or syndrome class). Minor 2 souls, +500 stat. Major +750 stat, 4 souls. Grand +1000 stat 8 souls. (e.g. max +2225 in each stat if have all three and higher improvents are less efficient in souls per stat). Would mean that different base stats (from caste/random rolls) still has an impact.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2014, 05:04:27 pm by drayath »
Drayath's Gem Splitting Workshop - Split large gems and gem trinkets into numbers of small gems.
Drayath's Seed Brewery - Convert bags of spare seeds into useful booze.

Jiamil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1474 on: April 12, 2014, 01:30:26 am »

Suggestion

Ease of use on skelleton (iron->steel->dread) upgrades
Add an additional option to the forge, that instead of upgrading the unit that runs the reaction just upgrades a random skelleton. Insead of having to play around with profiles can just repeat the reaction 10 times to upgrade 10 skelletons.
Grant the unit a candointeraction: range 500, single creature target, no los, caste restricted to unit type upgrading from, start-end-delay so can only use once; performed the required upgrade.

Don't think this would be a good idea. I like to control which skeleton is upgraded, especially in the early game. Having to play around with the profiles doesn't bother me, I just use nicknames for the units and search them in the profiles, so quite easy to use.

Suggestion

Ease of use on spell training
Add a combination learn spells to each library section. Teaches all spells that section teaches with one reaction (possibly at a slight reagent discount to doing them seperatly)

Spells on discount? I don't know, this sounds wrong to me. There are in general not many Warlocks around (at least the maximum I had was 10), and teaching them spells is a main part of the Warlock game. Making this easier would take a lot away, and giving discount for making something easier sounds equally wrong. If you really would like to implement something like that, it should be more expensive, because you don't need to invest time on it.

Also: Fort with the "Not-Vampires" is lost (well, at least not fun to play with), because those "Not-Vampires" killed all Warlocks faster than I could revive them. In the dwarf threapist it still shows the "Vampire Buff" on them, but sadly I have no clue how to change the transformations-reaction so this buff would go away, too (instead of just the caste changing).

drayath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1475 on: April 12, 2014, 02:42:48 am »

@blapnk: on second thoughs i think i may have fixed the re-raise skelleton interaction, check the following an change if required (can be done in an in progress game)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

--

On the skelleton upgrade i was think this was in addition to the existing option. I presently have 40 skelletons (and another 10+ that permently died), and it has been a lot of searching through workshop profiles to get them upgraded to bloodsteel and in most cases i have had enough bars available to upgrade most skelletons at the same time.

On the spell training, it is more a work around for not easily being able to see what spells a unit has (showunitsyndromes aside), made worst by spell training being canceled half way through due to someone picking up the bin containg the reagent. Being able to do one reaction and check it has sucessfully completed would be easier. Present tower, start of year 5 and i am just getting around to learning more than the odd spell (mostly due to building a 10000 block tower!) but have 100+ of most of the reagents i would like to burn through as easly as possible.
[/code]
Drayath's Gem Splitting Workshop - Split large gems and gem trinkets into numbers of small gems.
Drayath's Seed Brewery - Convert bags of spare seeds into useful booze.

blapnk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1476 on: April 12, 2014, 09:54:57 pm »

How about a way to unlearn spells? After my witch got killed by being trapped in her own webs on my own traps, I've decided I don't want my warlocks learning that spell any more.

I savescummed and she took out two of my elite ghouls instead. They didn't stand a chance. I suppose I could get rid of all my weapon traps instead. I need to get some airmages next time I play dwarves.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2014, 10:25:24 pm by blapnk »

Szarrukin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1477 on: April 13, 2014, 03:54:53 am »

I need some kind of "Raiding for dummies" manual. As far as I know, I need raiding kit, overlord and throne room. I command my imaginary minions to plunder, got few messages ("Your Ovelord command his minions to focus on stealing", "Your minion turns every stone....", "Your minions arrive with smug grin on their faces. But did they succeded?") and.... nothing else. No loot. What have I done wrong?

Azuraal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1478 on: April 13, 2014, 04:09:44 am »

Raiding countryside has very low chance of getting anything, and the only way for raiding anything else comes from raiding.

blapnk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1479 on: April 13, 2014, 07:49:49 am »

• Send minions to kidnap and raid the countryside
  • Interrogate any prisoners you get
  • Torture any prisoners you get
  • Raid better targets

You might need to run the prisoner reactions several times. You could torture your prisoners to death if you want or you could try to keep them alive and fed at the dungeon cells for longer.

megahelmet

• Bay Watcher
  • *casts* Meteo!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1480 on: April 13, 2014, 01:24:12 pm »

I need some kind of "Raiding for dummies" manual. As far as I know, I need raiding kit, overlord and throne room. I command my imaginary minions to plunder, got few messages ("Your Ovelord command his minions to focus on stealing", "Your minion turns every stone....", "Your minions arrive with smug grin on their faces. But did they succeded?") and.... nothing else. No loot. What have I done wrong?

This reaction also sometimes bugs out. Watch carefully when your overlord performs it. If there is no little cloud of smoke when it runs, then it is broken. You will get only the first line of dialogue and that's it. To double check, try having a skeleton learn a skill at the inscriptor. If they aren't getting skillups, (again, watch for the cloud of smoke...no smoke, it's broke) it's a surefire bet that the snydrome thing broke.

(I have no idea how to reset it. I just savescum to before it broke)
Pylons on fire can stay, its awesome.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1481 on: April 13, 2014, 05:21:18 pm »

Autosyndrome  cant randomly break...
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Hotawotwot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1482 on: April 13, 2014, 06:22:34 pm »

I've tried converting some captured thieves and ambushers but they become "tame" citizens of my civ and once released a fight broke out. Should I just run the conversion reaction repeatedly or what?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1483 on: April 13, 2014, 06:27:38 pm »

Unfortunately the script doesnt work as intended. converting captured invaders is not possible atm.

Hotawotwot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1484 on: April 13, 2014, 07:16:12 pm »

Oh, well, that's fine, I can just construct some trap room to kill them off for scalps and souls then.
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 110