Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

No poll atm

:)
:(

Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 110

Author Topic: [WARLOCK] - Discussion and Suggestions  (Read 170776 times)

dukea42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [WARLOCK] - Discussion and Suggestions
« Reply #1290 on: March 03, 2014, 07:26:44 am »

I got a partially tested bugfix for this...

**fixed per below: Change on the reaction for the reagent A to: [REAGENT:A:1:PLANT:NONE:NONE:NONE][REACTION_CLASS:SOUL]

Fairly certain it was picking up any "butchered" soul. I know it was working on the standard souls but I had limited invaders killed to test it on invader souls changed via the Orc plugin.

If my modding skills follow, all souls start out as plants with the reaction class as soul. That allows them to wither. The phylactery changes it to a stone tool, with the same reaction class. If you changed the PLANT to NONE it would endlessly loop on the same phylactories it makes.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 07:53:31 am by dukea42 »
My posts are probably based on Masterwork DF mod

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1291 on: March 03, 2014, 07:44:30 am »

I had a look, yeah, I used the specific soul plant, instead of any plant with soul reaction class. The posted fix works, except that you slightly messed up the reagent, you have one NONE too much. ;)

But yeah, I fixed it in the dev version, among a few other things... like... wait for it.... ALL SUMMONED CREATURES CAN BECOME NOBLES AND SOLDIERS!
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Jaso11111

• Bay Watcher
  • The Emperor protects...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1292 on: March 03, 2014, 08:02:12 am »

I had a look, yeah, I used the specific soul plant, instead of any plant with soul reaction class. The posted fix works, except that you slightly messed up the reagent, you have one NONE too much. ;)

But yeah, I fixed it in the dev version, among a few other things... like... wait for it.... ALL SUMMONED CREATURES CAN BECOME NOBLES AND SOLDIERS!
Kiss me you bastard!

Nuttycompa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1293 on: March 03, 2014, 08:03:20 am »

Oh no this is a bad new!
 This is the 4th tower I lost because of you amazing update Meph :'(

But, seriously keep it coming :P

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1294 on: March 03, 2014, 08:27:57 am »

Kiss me you bastard!
No. :P

Update will come later today. I have a few things added, mostly bugfixes, some more things in the GUI and a new tileset.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

kizucha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1295 on: March 05, 2014, 05:39:23 am »

Hey. :)

I have a little question about the warlocks and population cap. The ghouls and skelettons count to the population cap but i like to play most of my games with a low population cap because i want to "work" for a high population but i think its not so good with the warlocks if the "minions" count to the population cap. I like to set the cap so low that i dont get anyone after the first two migration waves but the little problem or my question is, can i "create/make" new warlocks? Or is it possible that i only get warlock migrants? Exists there a way that i can have more warlocks with a low population cap?

And if i dont overseen it are there anywhere in the manuel or other places a list what job's can a warlock/skeletton/ghoul do? Or i have to try it?

palu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1296 on: March 05, 2014, 10:24:29 am »

You're not supposed to get more migrants after the first two waves anyway, warlock civs are supposed to die out in worldgen.
Hmph, palu showing off that reading-the-instructions superpower.
The internet encourages thoughtful, intelligent discussion and if you disagree I hate you.

kizucha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1297 on: March 05, 2014, 11:11:23 am »

Oh ok, that i dont know it's my first try with the warlocks.^^

But how can i do all the fency stuff like banner? They consume a warlock, thats a little tricky then , because if one is unlucky and start with only 1 warlock and dont get any warlock from the migrants. Ok it's the worst/worst scenario but is that not a little to strikt? I think about an building like the town portal from dwarf's. :)

And by the way. I think the warlock civs in my worlds are somewhat alive, get alway's min. 2 civs to chose. I gen the worlds always for 100 years and take the large region.

palu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1298 on: March 05, 2014, 02:47:59 pm »

A wy to get new warlocks would be great, but atm there is no way to get them.
Hmph, palu showing off that reading-the-instructions superpower.
The internet encourages thoughtful, intelligent discussion and if you disagree I hate you.

LMeire

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Troglodytes for their horradorability.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1299 on: March 05, 2014, 03:17:39 pm »

You could take advantage of the "warlocks having families" bug to try and get little warlock kids, but other than that your only options are resurrecting dead warlocks at the 3rd-tier necromancy circle or reembarking.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2014, 03:19:47 pm by LMeire »
"☼Perfection☼ in the job puts pleasure in the work." - Uristotle

kizucha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1300 on: March 05, 2014, 03:31:08 pm »

I know the possibility of resurrecting but with the banner-reaction we USE the warlock and he dissapears or i'm wrong? And i think for the ressurection we need the corpse of the warlock?

Correct me if i'm wrong how i said it's my first time as warlock and i have very low experience with the warlock-mode. ^.^

Edit: If the "Warlock-Families"-bug work i try it but only in emergency, i dont like to use it because it feels wrong and cheaty. xD
« Last Edit: March 05, 2014, 03:33:33 pm by kizucha »

Geneoce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1301 on: March 05, 2014, 03:47:26 pm »

A nice way to guarantee a larger supply of warlocks is to use the embark size changer in dfhack.

I never run with less than 9 warlocks. Actually I always run with 9 warlocks.
I don't care that the vacuum people are promising a blowjob machine in the future. I'll buy it then if they ever deliver.

Jaso11111

• Bay Watcher
  • The Emperor protects...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1302 on: March 05, 2014, 04:40:45 pm »

Soooooo mussel shells can be reanimated... thats a thing. My fishery is now very crowed XD
Could we perhaps get some sort of undead beacon that attracts ambient undead to it, like the gnome druid device?   

Dazbuzz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1303 on: March 06, 2014, 02:43:50 am »

Does the reaction at the emissary not have a chance to trigger a migrant wave? It says it can in the manual. Is that not a way to get more Warlocks? I tried it a bunch of times, but never got it to work. Not sure what its called, something like "Call Walking Dead".

kizucha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1304 on: March 06, 2014, 04:07:46 am »

With the reaction in the emissary, i think it do not work because the warlock civ's die out in the worldgen. So no more migrants if you already have the 2 hardcoded migrationwaves.

With geneoce's style the bigger embark, do you guy's use the warlocks for the more "low"-jobs like farming/mining/crafting? Or are your warlocks "lazy" and let the minions do all the hard work? :)
And are you guy's actually farm or only hunt and brew bloodwine and kill anything on sight?^^
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 110