Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13

Author Topic: StarLords3K - An on-line strategic 4X space game  (Read 37571 times)

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
Re: StarLords3K - An on-line strategic 4X space game
« Reply #150 on: October 30, 2016, 02:09:27 pm »

Really? I never saw it. Meh, doesn't matter.

Yeah, by the time you decided to venture this far inside Tetpot teritory while our shipyard were churning our ships, you were done.

Welcome Panh. It's a bit of a lategame feel atm. Find a good liege and get help to grow fast.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

SaintofWar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: October 30, 2016, 07:23:19 pm »

That's not really true. I had a bunch of ships nearby ready to clear you out, and there was no way you two could even put a dent in my defenses after I kicked you out of Orabet. The final score was like 4 or 5 of your BBs versus 2 of mine lost.

What made me abdicate in the end was the pointlessness of it all. It takes you 2 turns, same as me, to build a battleship. That's 2 movement of me. My fleet randomly retreats? I lose 2 turns. I just didn't want to deal with the war anymore. I had a specific objective, and I achieved it. Me sticking around past that point was unnecessary.

mahks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • StarLords3K
« Reply #152 on: October 31, 2016, 12:06:54 am »

There are no random retreats

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
  • Cant resist... must edit post.
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: October 31, 2016, 12:13:45 am »

I'm fairly certain his forces hit the stuff i put in Pul Dol to block his reinforcements and then his guys retreated before combat (presumably because he was in probe mode).
« Last Edit: October 31, 2016, 12:21:56 am by QuakeIV »
GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
I wish my grass was emo, then it would cut itself.
Quote from: Jesus
Quote from: The Big Fat Carp
Jesus, you broke the site!
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: October 31, 2016, 12:57:33 am »

That's not really true. I had a bunch of ships nearby ready to clear you out, and there was no way you two could even put a dent in my defenses after I kicked you out of Orabet. The final score was like 4 or 5 of your BBs versus 2 of mine lost.

What made me abdicate in the end was the pointlessness of it all. It takes you 2 turns, same as me, to build a battleship. That's 2 movement of me. My fleet randomly retreats? I lose 2 turns. I just didn't want to deal with the war anymore. I had a specific objective, and I achieved it. Me sticking around past that point was unnecessary.

You clearly underestimated our shipbuilding. I'll leave it at that.

Mahks: speaking of which, I see an issue with a player quitting: as things stand, all his stars revert to imperial control. Now, for his core stars, sure, I see the logic, but that also mean that any star he recently occupied is lost to its previous owner. In this case it wasn't so bad (the only pre-war system I lost was Pul Dol, and that was an indy), but given how weak shield are right now, someone who know he was out could send his fleet deep in enemy territory on a suicide mission to grab a cople planets then quit for thos planets to revert to imperial control.

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

mahks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • StarLords3K
« Reply #155 on: October 31, 2016, 02:11:14 am »

I see an issue with a player quitting: as things stand, all his stars revert to imperial control. Now, for his core stars, sure, I see the logic, but that also mean that any star he recently occupied is lost to its previous owner.

That is a good point. recently captured stars should go rebel rather than Imperial.

but given how weak shield are right now

Why are shields weak? Are they too low a level or are there too many bombers?

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: October 31, 2016, 07:59:46 am »

Welcome Panh. It's a bit of a lategame feel atm. Find a good liege and get help to grow fast.
I'm trying to find someone atm, and slowly colonizing close by planets. Haven't seen anyone yet. I think I understand how basic stuff works, and I don't expect much from me for this run.

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: December 24, 2016, 08:50:33 pm »

Game has been progressing in a fairly entertaining fashion so far.  The mechanics are a little weird, but a lot of planning goes into moving your fleets around, which I find to be quite enjoyable.  At this point all of my warship designs are tuned to my overall strategy and the economic might of our alliance is making headway against our enemies (basically all the rest of whats left of the universe).

Its legitimately optimal to cut deals with people rather than murder them, to an extreme extent.  This leads to a lot less war of extermination (gobbling up peoples land is very slow and arduos) and a lot more working to try to pry peoples vassals away.  Quite the unique experience, cant say I have really played a game like that before.

Decided I would post a chart of our GDP data to give you an idea of whats up now that we have about a month of data (three economic audits).

Spoiler: big-ish (click to show/hide)

The alliance has been collecting production information and normalizing it into credits to allow us to diagnose our overall productivity and how that productivity is growing.  It will likely become more informative as time goes on.
GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: December 25, 2016, 08:38:49 am »

I suspect the low Vensom productivity is due to him messing his refinery up during game. For the record, I'm Asigo, Quake is Tetpot. I'm suffering quite a bit from my vassal leaving the game right now, which slowed down my productivity.

rumpel

• Bay Watcher
  • test
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: December 25, 2016, 10:27:10 am »

I just started playing and did the short tutorial in the training world and now I guess I have to wait, right? That's cool though. I really need another game I only need to spend a few minutes each day. :)

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: December 25, 2016, 10:30:48 am »

If you feel you're ready to join the real game, you can ping the admin, he'll usually let you go there faster.

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: December 25, 2016, 09:21:47 pm »

He tends to be interested in letting people in at this phase of the game so they can get the ropes for the next match.

Vensom has low productivity because Digen blew up almost half of his stars  :P
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote

mahks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • StarLords3K
« Reply #162 on: September 16, 2017, 04:54:25 am »

A new episode will begin in a few weeks.
Anyone interested should try the test game and learn the basics, so you will get a good start in the real game.

mahks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • StarLords3K
« Reply #163 on: October 02, 2017, 06:41:54 pm »

The new episode has begun.

Feel free to join up or ask questions here.

se5a

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: October 02, 2017, 07:14:51 pm »

I almost joined, but I'm going to be away from home with unknown internet access for a couple of weeks shortly.
really need to make an android client :p
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13