Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: ᕙ(`▽´)ᕗ (RPG) Magia Exquisitis: Grey Christmas IC Thread ᕙ(`▽´)ᕗ  (Read 4944 times)

KujiUn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"...she's really that innocent?" Robert shrugged, before finishing up the work.
Still alive, amazingly.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile

"...she's really that innocent?" Robert shrugged, before finishing up the work.

"Not especially, I just don't care." she comments as she hears this, chuckling a bit.
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile

Turn 1: Saturday, 5th of July, 2014

Robert:

Rolling out of bed, you make a quick trip to the hardware store for supplies before settling down in Kordoiupt's workshop for some crafting. After four hours of hard work, you manage to produce a steel cutlass for Roger and the chain-mail one piece that will eventually go under full plate armor for Yuri.

-500 USD (Unless you do your own research into the raw material costs of your projects, I will price them as I see fit)
+1 Steel Cutlass
+1 Chain One-Piece

After you finish with your crafting, you ask the Orc if he has any armor you can borrow to practice with. After some convincing, he agrees and lends you an ill-fitting suit of splint armor and an elven laborer to practice with. You spend several hours allowing the elf to pelt you with snowballs and pinecones, while you learn how to best protect yourself and others by allowing your gear to absorb the brunt of a blow.

Result = 11
+New Maneuver

You pay a quick visit to the office, where you find Adrian without much difficulty. You ask him about form fitting armor and clothing. The enchanter admits that his wife used to be an expert in enchanted vestments, and promises to dig through some of her old notes for you when he gets the chance. In the meantime, he suggests a few authors from the library.

When you reach the library however, you find that it is closed. Apparently some rare documents were stolen in the morning, and the castle staff is still investigating the theft.

Result = 5

Roger

Intent on learning a few new Cantrips, you head down to the library, find a few books, and sit down to study. This goes well enough for the first few hours, and you are well on your way to figuring out how to leach ambient soul energy from certain kinds of incoming spells, when you hear a loud crashing sound from behind several bookshelves.

Rushing over to investigate, you find a small cloaked humanoid pulling several scrolls covered in gold leaf out of a broken glass display case. You shout at the thief, and it turns to confront you. The next few seconds are a blur, and you fail to get a good look at your foe before it lashes its tongue like a frog, striking you in the head. Your cheeks promptly begin to burn, and all goes black.

You are roused back to consciousness by a couple librarians investigating the broken cases. You tell them what you saw, and they promptly decide to close the library for the day in response to the threat. You are thrown out, and decide to start your bar hopping a bit early.

Result = Critical Failure
+New Negative Feature

At Coaldust you quickly mix a drink with rum, sand, and a dash of your own blood. You dip the ring in, recite the oath, drink half, and pour the rest down the toilet before repeating the entire process a second time. This earns you a few strange looks, but you feel slightly empowered for the trouble.

+2 Uses of Familiar Fusion
Result = 10

Lastly you pay a visit to Holy Nights, where you try to get a feel for the local flavor and perhaps score a dance with somebody pretty. Your efforts seem to go less than nowhere however. For some reason, everybody you talk to is extra polite and excuses themselves from the conversation at the first possible opportunity; You find this perplexing, as usually that doesn't happen until you bring up the talking hat. To your horror, the mystery is solved when you pay a visit to the bathroom, look in the mirror, and discover that your face is completely covered covered in hideous boils!

Result = 5

Yuri

You stop by the library early in hopes of finding the letters and periodicals. It takes you a few hours, but you eventually round up a copy of the letters and several interesting magazines. The letters look to be a pain in the ass; It would seem that the author mixes useful information in with sentimental poetry to his loved ones and boasts about his power and wickedness. Each of the periodical you pick out have a cover story that mentions the Quidlings, but without an in depth reading, you cannot be sure if the stories contain piratical magical knowledge, or simply historical fact.

On your way out of the library, you pass a strange line of hooded figures entering.

Result = 18
+The Following Literature, All Due Back in Two Weeks

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Your attempt to speak with the Reindeer doesn't go as planned. Charon and Eight, the reindeer Kestrel described as decent, are out doing other things with their Saturday afternoon, which leaves you with only Pluto to talk with. The flight leader is less than intrested in talking about internal magic, and instead spends several hours futility flirting and trying to get you to drink with him. Eventually you give up and leave.

Result = 6

On the bright side, your trip to NCU goes exactly as planned. You show up, talk the libarian into giving you a card, and check out a copy of An Introduction to Applied Super-Cantrips, a somewhat dated textbook published in 1999. You then leave campus and head to Coaldust for an early dinner.

Result = 8
+An Introduction to Applied Super-Cantrips

Jacob:

You surf the web over breakfast, and purchase a proper USB Wifi Adapter for Robert. After shipping your total purchase comes to 50 USD. It will arrive on Monday.

-50 USD

At the hardware store, you learn that the current price for Living Silicon is 1700 USD Per Pound, which puts a purchase right out of your decided budget. You learn that the price fluctuates with each shipment, and that shipments occur every Tuesday. The clerk tells you that the price is not very stable compared to the dollar, and that it can get as low as 200 USD per pound, or as high as six or seven thousand for the same.

Disappointed with your findings, you pay a visit to the workshop, and get to talking with Kordoiupt about how you can help him out. You quickly learn that he wants several of his employees to learn how to code in Python. He offers to give you some spare supernatural materials and parts for several hours of introductory lessons. You agree and set to work. The elves speak little English, but luckily your years in the Tech Support field has taught you to deal with such situations. The session lasts far longer than you had expected, but by the time you are finished, the workers understand basic syntax and if-statements. The Orcish Overseer rewards you efforts with a bag of what he perceives to be junk, but what you find to be fantastic.

Result = 13
+The following Items
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

By the time you finish at the workshop, it is already very late in the evening. You find the library is closed pending the investigation of a theft earlier in the day, but you wait around for another hour or so, and it eventually opens up for you. Once inside, you pick out a book on chemistry, and look up Living Silicon. You learn that the stuff is mined in a separate universe where the metaloid elements make up most of the life. Hardware designers like working with Living Silicon because it can handle the supernatural marginally better than the stuff found naturally on earth, but it is much more popular with manipulators and various non-mundane biologists, who can use the stuff to easily create or modify various inorganic lifeforms. Formulas and rituals exist that one can use to create their own Living Silicon, but it is usually cheaper and more convenient to just import it.

Result = 17

Nathan:

You wake up before everybody else, and begin the day with session of meditation and magical practice. You focus your thoughts and actions on improving the Flames of Wrath from your Rage Comet Strike spell into a more prolonged and reliable spell. You work at this endevor until well into the afternoon, at which point you reach a breakthrough, and discover that you can project a protective aura of ragefire around yourself and maintain it for an extended period of time.

Result = 16
+ New Spell

Although satisfied with the results of your meditation, you couldn't help but notice that you were attracting odd looks doing it in the public castle garden. You decide to explore town in search of a better place to do so, and choose to start your search by asking one of the servers at Coaldust. He quietly tells you about a small non-denominational temple maintained by the priests of several gods. They have rooms for silent prayer and meditation, as well as spell practice.

You decide to pay the place a visit. It is a bit rundown, and you can tell that most of the local flock are the poorly paid elven laborers, but nobody seems intent on bothering you. After exploring the place for a bit, and deciding that it is to your liking, you leave, but on your way out the door you stop to check out the church bulletin and a flier catches your interest. It would seem that one of the priests is putting on a magical combat tournament for charity, and the prizes all come in the form of magical knowledge...

Result = 14
+New Opportunity for Nathan

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile

Alright. Start the reflection phase. Anybody who played in the bonus RP session has a GP to spend. If you got something from the Homebrew Department already this turn, you may want to wait for me to get the details up before requesting something else.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile

Increase Constitution if possible, otherwise learn 2 at-will spells
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

KujiUn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

One GP to create a new defensive stance, with Industry as the type, and DEF as the evasion.
Still alive, amazingly.

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Not sure when the homebrew will be posted, so I'll just go ahead and get another Maneuver.
Quote from: BaerTaffy
If Adele covered Aerosmith, that would be my life right now.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile

Turn 1 reflection is up!

Sorry it took so long. I'm going to try and crank out the monsters you will all be fighting today. If anybody else wants to spend their growth point before the mission this afternoon, Ask Tar or Kuji. If either of them feel up to it, I give them permission to do some home-brew stuff today.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile

Mission Results:

Two encounters worth of simes have been killed
1 encounter worth of slimes have been driven off
Mission Successful!

Everybody gets 2000 USD! (Reguardless of if they participated or not)

You know the location of several treasure sites! (Opportunities updated)

Robert seems to have suffered some mutations as a result of his exposure to the mutagenic slimes! (Reflection 1 Updated)

Post New Forum Turns Now!

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

12 hours: If noone objects, Roger will go get that treasure chest and haul it back to camp.

KujiUn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Robert woke up staring at the mirror, his side turned a bit so he can see the sail. "Shit! How am I gonna... wait, alright. I'll just add a notch to the armor. This thing should fit then. Should see if I canuse it for... swimming or something, I dunno."

Later on, he waits for Jacob to bring him the supernatural material he wanted to imbue in the hard hat so he could go do that.

6 hours: Create the following: a full-plate armor set (leaving room for the sail, of course), a tower shield, and a steel hard hat. That should be... 105lbs all together, round it up... $200.
6 hours: Apply the metal onto the hard hat, giving it a new enchantment. (Empower Metal Object, 3d6+2 + time 1d+1 = 4d6+3)
« Last Edit: December 30, 2013, 02:25:32 pm by KujiUn »
Still alive, amazingly.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile

Yuri sighs, fingers stretching a little.

"I should continue my research. The Raindeer seem to be a dead end for now, I shall wait until I can arrange a meeting ahead of time with one of the... agreeable sorts. For now... I shall do research, and perhaps... a little strengthening of my body.

6 Hours: Read through Sun Eater's letters, attempting to glean some sort of information that may be useful for hiding any obvious physical changes my powers may cause. ((Reading: 3d6+2))

6 Hours: Attempt to train Constitution. (Constitution: 2d6+2

EagleV

• Bay Watcher
  • Oblivisci tempta quod didicisti
    • View Profile

"Roger, I'd like a look at that magical clokwork. Do you mind if I come by tomorrow?"

4 hours: Back to the library. Find out if it is possible to get healing energy and/or liquid out of a portal. (Research. 3d6 + 3)
1 hour: Bring mind iron to Robert. If I counted right, and it's monday, show him how the wifi stick works and install it. (Auto, I think.)
"Well, just let me know how much it cost you, and what your hourly rate is. Oh, one more thing, do you have any experience making keys?"
1 hour: Get fuel from the shop. Take starship reactor with me so I can find the right stuff. Up to $500 or 4 liters (whichever is less).
6 hours: Work on the micro-reactor in the workshop, trying to get it working. Be cautious. (Craft: Mechanical Engineering. 4d4+3)
Quote from: Robert Donoghue and Fred Hicks
There are three things you must learn if you wish to defeat me, my young pupil. First, you must look within yourself and find your core of strength. Second, your mind and body must be in perfect unison. Third...
*WHACK*
Third, stop listening when you should be fighting.

KujiUn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Keys? Yeah, sure, I can make keys. Might be quicker to just go to one of those key vending machines they have nowadays, though. Why, you need something specific?"
Still alive, amazingly.

EagleV

• Bay Watcher
  • Oblivisci tempta quod didicisti
    • View Profile

"I do. Got yet another metal from mister K, he said it can pick just about any lock if you use it for a key. If you make one for me, you can have the rest of it."
Quote from: Robert Donoghue and Fred Hicks
There are three things you must learn if you wish to defeat me, my young pupil. First, you must look within yourself and find your core of strength. Second, your mind and body must be in perfect unison. Third...
*WHACK*
Third, stop listening when you should be fighting.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4