Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Re: Forum Games and Roleplaying / G.S. ALCATRAZ  (Read 665 times)

Mysterious warrior

• Bay Watcher
  • where is the catnip? I've stopped seeing unicorns
    • View Profile
Re: Forum Games and Roleplaying / G.S. ALCATRAZ
« on: December 15, 2013, 06:07:06 pm »

"Get up! You're not getting your pardons by sleepin' in are ya?" You wake up. There is a burly voice speaking to you and for a while, you never notice that you're sleeping on a hard metal bed. You're in a room with concrete on all sides except the far wall. That is completely metal bars with a metal bar door. On the wall behind you, there is a single chalk line. behind the bars stands a man in a guard's uniform who you assume was speaking to you.
   "That's right I'm talkin' you! You're on pest control duties today. Better get started. If you don't finish by 10:00 PM, You get double duties the next day." The man opens the door and leads you down the hallway. On your right, there are more cells, but you're not interested in that. You're staring out the window  at the vast emptiness beside you. Soon, you remember where you are. You're on a prison ship. Not the kind of ship that sails through the water, but the kind that sails through the stars. You here an intercom start up and a female voice speaks, "WELCOME TO THE G.S.S. ALCATRAZ. CURRENTLY, YOU ARE A PRISONER WHO IS CONSIDERED UNSAFE FOR YOUR PLANET. BUT THAT MEANS NOTHING HERE. ON EVERY PLANET, THERE ARE DIFFERENT STANDARDS FOR RIGHT AND WRONG, BUT HERE, THERE IS ONLY ONE STANDARD. OURS. EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOU ARE EXPECTED TO FOLLOW OUR RULES AND REGULATIONS HERE. FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO ARE SPENDING THEIR FIRST DAY HERE, PLEASE FILL OUT A CHARACTER REFERENCE SHEET OR CRS FORM. WHEN YOU HAVE FILLED OUT YOUR SHEET, PLEASE TURN IT IN TO YOUR LOCAL WARDEN. CRS FORMS ARE AVAILABLE TO GET FROM EVERY WARDEN. THANK YOU FOR CHOOSING G.S.S. ALCATRAZ, EVEN THOUGH YOU HAVE NO CHOICE WHAT SO EVER."
Quote from: Sentient Bowtie
i can't wait to try this at home!
Hey, where can MW and I get some catnip?

Mysterious warrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Forum Games and Roleplaying / G.S. ALCATRAZ
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2013, 09:03:05 pm »

Character Sheet:
Each character has it's own unique place. Each character is defined in many ways. Species, Abilities, Gender, and Ethic place. This sheet is used to define your character in the best way you can.
CHARACTER SHEET:
NAME:     AGE:     GENDER:     RACE:     ETHIC PLACE (GOOD, BAD, MIDDLE, ETC.):
SMALL DESCRIPTION OF RACE:
SMALL BACKSTORY:
INCARCERATION REASON:
STATS:
each player has it's own set of stats, and the way that it decides those stats depends on many things including its race.( All races must have strengths and weaknesses that would match it to most other races ) These stats all have bases. there are 4 stats: Strength, which determines your ability to move and carry objects and your unarmed attacks. Intelligence, which determines your mental capacity and some... other traits. Lifespan, which determines, well, how long you live. Immunity, which determines your ability to withstand diseases and other life forms. For the first two, strength and intelligence, they are battle stats. They determine your ability to fight and survive. For the last two, lifespan and immunity, they are Bio-stats. They determine your basic biology. Your battle stats each have a base of 10. Your Bio stats have a base of 75. You may add 10 to your battle stats, dividing them up how you wish. You may add 50 to your Bio stats, dividing them up how you wish.
STR:
INT:
LSN:
IMU:
please copy down the stats sheet ( written in blue ) and make it your first post.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2013, 09:29:57 pm »

"Inside voice!"

Maybe it's not a good idea to reuse characters, but I've already got a character imprisoned on a spaceship, so...

Name: Grate Gold
Race: Human
Ethic Place: Good
Grate was a prodigy born to a very poor family on a planet heavily segregated by wealth and social class. When he was only about five, he made some sort of computery machine from a discarded solar panel and the shattered remnants of a cellular phone. By the time he was 7, his talent was noticed; he was given state-sponsored schooling. He befriended a slightly older girl from the lower end of the elite, which was (of course) a breech of etiquette; they kept their friendship secret for a while. Needless to say, this ended badly...
Reason assigned to HMRC for Incarceration: Violation of District Restrictions; Improper Fraternization with Betters; Resisting Arrest; Illegal Creation of Weapons, Possession of Weapons
Str 10
Int 20
Lsn 100
Imu 100
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Mysterious warrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2013, 10:57:51 pm »

As you turn in your form to your warden, you here a voice on the intercom: it's the same voice that introduced you earlier today," THANK YOU FOR TURNING IN YOUR CRS. PLEASE WAIT UNTIL FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS ON TODAY'S CHORES. ABOARD THE G.S.S. ALCATRAZ, PRISONERS WILL RECLAIM THEIR PLACE IN SOCIETY ( doesn't matter WHICH society ) BY PERFORMING GOOD DEEDS AND SERVICES. WHEN ENOUGH DEEDS ARE PERFORMED, THE PRISONER IS GIVEN A CHOICE. THEY CAN RE-ENTER SOCIETY AS A FREE INDIVIDUAL WITH A "PARDON". OR, THEY CAN STAY ABOARD THE G.S.S. ALCATRAZ AND CONTINUE WITH SERVICES AS AN ACT OF GOOD WILL. TODAY'S SERVICE IS PEST CONTROL. WE ARE DESCENDING DOWN UPON THE MOON OF POOSH. THIS MOON IS HOME TO MANY LIFE FORMS AND THERE IS A TERRIBLE INSECT PROBLEM. PLEASE MEET THE WARDEN IN THE TOOL ROOM WHEN YOU ARE READY." the intercom shuts off and your warden says," Better get a move on, eh?"

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2013, 10:59:52 pm »

This is a suggestion game, then?

Go to the tool room.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Mysterious warrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2013, 11:04:58 pm »

Kind of. That's the way you start you mission. When there are more characters, there will be chat sessions and what have you in the meantime, but these are just for missions. Trust me, the moon of Poosh has a very Large pest problem... If you want to get started on your mission right away, you'll have to give me some time for the mission post.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2013, 11:06:59 pm by Mysterious warrior »

Mysterious warrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2013, 11:19:41 pm »

Mission: Pest control on Poosh.
For your first mission aboard the G.S.S. Alcatraz, you transport down to the moon of Poosh. There, you must get rid of a small pest problem. Unfortunately, the pests aren't the things that are small. You are.
You and your warden step into the tool room for you to get your equipment. " Now don't even thing about trying to use this stuff for anything other than our services. All the tools have dead locks on them. If you try to use them out of line, they shut off and you're just holding a piece of metal. Now remember, on the moon of Poosh, the pests are quite large. So get tough equipment. If I were you, I'd get the sonic net, the Antac spray, and maybe some bait, just in case." You grab you equipment and step out the door. You gaze out onto the vast fields of Poosh and see wondrous things. large purple trees swaying in the cool breeze, small fumblebees trying to collect pollen off of the carnivorous plants of the fields, and small rabbit-like creatures known as kliqes ( cleeks ). The warden leads you to a small village where there is a bit of a commotion heard...

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2013, 11:21:53 pm »

(I wonder how the locks work. Let's not test them right now.)

Follow warden.
Sig

Mysterious warrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2013, 11:33:16 pm »

As you and the warden approach the village, you here some screams of panic and fear.
" Like I said. No ordinary pests..."
You finally enter the village. It seems like a normal village except for two things. One: the buildings are made of pure ice. The walls, roof, and furniture are ice. The floor and other things are made of snow. As you step into the village, you're happy the prison suits are thermo-smart.
Two: The people there are blue and they look very similar to cats. They look like blue and white cats with green monk robes on. They are running in panic from insects the size of a Great Dane. The insects have 10 legs and look like an Earth flea. One of the villagers approaches you and the warden, "OH! Thank goodness! You are part of the G.S.S. ALCATRAZ! Thank you! Please, the Decipedes have invaded our city again." Equip a tool of your decision and prepare for instruction.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2013, 11:39:55 pm by Mysterious warrior »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2013, 11:48:49 pm »

Sonic Net.
Sig

Mysterious warrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2013, 11:55:26 pm »

" I see you chose the sonic net. That's a very wise decision. If you'll notice that on one end, there is a small button on a control panel. every time you catch one, hit that button. it will shrink the animal and store it in a small capsule.Now get going." For this, you need to use the DND dice roller plus your str stat. roll a 20 sided die. You need a minimum of +21 to get a successful grab. There are 12 Decipedes to be caught. Roll all 12 times, add your str modifier, and report all 12 tries to the warden

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2013, 11:56:23 pm »

...Typically, the GM rolls important die rolls.

And what's wrong with random.org?
Sig

Mysterious warrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2013, 11:58:27 pm »

(( I'm sorry, it's been a while since I've been online, what's a random.org? ))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2013, 12:03:42 am »

Sig

Mysterious warrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2013, 12:11:42 am »

( Oh, I see. I've never heard of this. The DND dice roller is actually a lot like this. I guess it doesn't matter. Anyway, Min 1, Max 20. You need to get 21 to get a successful catch. Add your roll and str modifier to get your outcome. so roll an 11 or higher. )
Pages: [1] 2