Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Demonjustice - Blessed by the Gods [v0.34.11]  (Read 5550 times)

WoobMonkey

• Bay Watcher
  • High Lobster of Fluffy Wamblers
    • View Profile
Re: Demonjustice - Blessed by the Gods [v0.34.11]
« Reply #30 on: December 16, 2013, 05:18:35 am »

The doctrine of Sola Scriptura is usually associated with Reformists ('Calvinists,' in Lutheran terminology).
Edangzak Utharsanad Gedor - think you have what it takes?
CharmCrafted

The dog misses the ball!
The ball softly hits Urist McTrainer in the head, breaking the paper-thin skull and denting the non-existent brain!

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 16, 2013, 08:09:34 am »

THIS IS NONSENSE. The God of Blood cares little to none whether you are who you are, or change. His will is that blood be shed, and that blood be shed for reason. If blood is shed without reason, then he is not doing his job. That is what our Great God does, he directs war to where it would be best suited to help the dwarves of the world.

Our lord Armok is both the creator and the destroyer. From his will stem all things, and for his amusement all things must be destroyed. An act of creation is as pleasing to Armok as an act of destruction, for a creating thing will inevitably be eliminated in whatever fashion he deems fit.
Is this not why we dwarves are his chosen people? Our artifice goes beyond any other races. A dwarf dies just as well as a goblin - in fact, we kill less often then they. If creation is not pleasing to Armok, then all of our laws are forfeit. Murder and vandalism would be better in Armok's eyes than an ordered society that can produce more than the sum of its parts.

---

My brothers and sisters, heed my words! We live in a dark time. Simplification of Armoks will abound in the mountainhomes. Corrupt priests lead dwarves to follow their will in place of Armoks, content that petty blood sacrifice endears them to our lord. When Our Father is tired of this plane, it will be sent back to the void from whence it came. Only those souls who have pleased him in their willingness to follow his commands will be saved! Look inward, I say to you, and find how you might best serve Armok's will.

---

(OOC: On that note, can I be dwarfed as a records keeper named Emdief? I envision my dwarf being basically dwarf Martin Luther. Except nobody listens to them. And the powers that be aren't out to kill them, providing they have virtually no following.
Also I've started a doctrinal conflict that is tearing the church apart. Oh lawd. I can tell ye I no not to which sect I belong; only that I am not an Emdiefist)

Theoretically you should be on my side than, Luther was one of the people who tried to introduce Sola Scriptura,wasn't he? or am I mixing religious reformists right now?

I don't envision him as a Lutheran, just a generic reformist.

exodius1

• Bay Watcher
  • [ALMOST_HOLLOW]
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 16, 2013, 08:13:05 am »

THIS IS NONSENSE. The God of Blood cares little to none whether you are who you are, or change. His will is that blood be shed, and that blood be shed for reason. If blood is shed without reason, then he is not doing his job. That is what our Great God does, he directs war to where it would be best suited to help the dwarves of the world.

Our lord Armok is both the creator and the destroyer. From his will stem all things, and for his amusement all things must be destroyed. An act of creation is as pleasing to Armok as an act of destruction, for a creating thing will inevitably be eliminated in whatever fashion he deems fit.
Is this not why we dwarves are his chosen people? Our artifice goes beyond any other races. A dwarf dies just as well as a goblin - in fact, we kill less often then they. If creation is not pleasing to Armok, then all of our laws are forfeit. Murder and vandalism would be better in Armok's eyes than an ordered society that can produce more than the sum of its parts.

---

My brothers and sisters, heed my words! We live in a dark time. Simplification of Armoks will abound in the mountainhomes. Corrupt priests lead dwarves to follow their will in place of Armoks, content that petty blood sacrifice endears them to our lord. When Our Father is tired of this plane, it will be sent back to the void from whence it came. Only those souls who have pleased him in their willingness to follow his commands will be saved! Look inward, I say to you, and find how you might best serve Armok's will.

---

(OOC: On that note, can I be dwarfed as a records keeper named Emdief? I envision my dwarf being basically dwarf Martin Luther. Except nobody listens to them. And the powers that be aren't out to kill them, providing they have virtually no following.
Also I've started a doctrinal conflict that is tearing the church apart. Oh lawd. I can tell ye I no not to which sect I belong; only that I am not an Emdiefist)

Theoretically you should be on my side than, Luther was one of the people who tried to introduce Sola Scriptura,wasn't he? or am I mixing religious reformists right now?

I don't envision him as a Lutheran, just a generic reformist.

Oh ok, I'll try to remember that.

@WoobMonkey, Thx, I can never remember that.
It wasn't intended for you to go insane both in character and out of character.

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Гномовержец Enjoyed throwing someone recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 16, 2013, 03:57:17 pm »

Journal of Peregarrett, the Carp Enter.
1st Granite 456
"Brothers! This place shall become the Glorious Temple of Blood!" - said Bsnott, our holy leader, when we settle here. "Okay" - replied we all and get to work.
Now the year have passed and this place is still no more than a wormhole on the hill side! What a Carp, dwarves? We even don't have a dinig hall!

Okay, since Bsnott actually lacks any sence of art and architecture, I have to take that place and get things working!

First, we need a hall. Everybody who's idle - go smoothing!
After you finish the hall, dig the stairs down. As deep as needed. THen we'll think what's next.

17th Granite
Armok is pleased with us! We've found a cavern with an exit of mapma tube! We have to set up forges there - wood is rare in this place and we need it for beds. Everything else can be made of copper - I've seen a tetrahedrite vein there.

21st Granite
Nomal the Blacksmith has given birth to a girl. That's the first baby here, may Armok grant her an epic life story!
I've found out that we ran out of drinks. Although ascetism forges the spirit, we still need some booze.

6th Slate
13 new acolytes have joined our place! We can use any of your skills, brethen, come in and feel home!
We've built first magma smelter and threw a rooster in the magma. This sacrifice should bring us some luck.

26th Slate
Another baby was born.
We've started excavating tetrahedrite vein. Copper weapons are better than nothing!
Did you know that the Russian word for "sock" is "no sock"?
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 16, 2013, 04:32:23 pm »

Journal of Peregarrett, the Carp Enter.
1st Granite 456
"Brothers! This place shall become the Glorious Temple of Blood!" - said Bsnott, our holy leader, when we settle here. "Okay" - replied we all and get to work.
Now the year have passed and this place is still no more than a wormhole on the hill side! What a Carp, dwarves? We even don't have a dinig hall!

Okay, since Bsnott actually lacks any sence of art and architecture, I have to take that place and get things working!

First, we need a hall. Everybody who's idle - go smoothing!
After you finish the hall, dig the stairs down. As deep as needed. THen we'll think what's next.

17th Granite
Armok is pleased with us! We've found a cavern with an exit of mapma tube! We have to set up forges there - wood is rare in this place and we need it for beds. Everything else can be made of copper - I've seen a tetrahedrite vein there.

21st Granite
Nomal the Blacksmith has given birth to a girl. That's the first baby here, may Armok grant her an epic life story!
I've found out that we ran out of drinks. Although ascetism forges the spirit, we still need some booze.

6th Slate
13 new acolytes have joined our place! We can use any of your skills, brethen, come in and feel home!
We've built first magma smelter and threw a rooster in the magma. This sacrifice should bring us some luck.

26th Slate
Another baby was born.
We've started excavating tetrahedrite vein. Copper weapons are better than nothing!

Your industry pleases him, my brother. Forge onward in his name.

---

I get dwarfed yet? Can we get peek at our dwarves in general?

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 16, 2013, 05:14:17 pm »

Sure you can!

here's a list of dwarf requests that I've found here. Anybody's missed?
May I be dorfed?

May I be dorfed?

Could I have a look at my dwarf please?

On that note, can I be dwarfed as a records keeper named Emdief?
will dorf them next time

I wish to be an engraver.
But you're woodcutter now!
4maskwolf is dorfed too.

And whose dorf Hav0k is?
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 16, 2013, 05:17:29 pm »

Sure you can!

here's a list of dwarf requests that I've found here. Anybody's missed?
May I be dorfed?

May I be dorfed?

Could I have a look at my dwarf please?

On that note, can I be dwarfed as a records keeper named Emdief?
will dorf them next time

I wish to be an engraver.
But you're woodcutter now!
4maskwolf is dorfed too.

And whose dorf Hav0k is?
Alright. I guess I'll just have to engrave wood. With deep grooves.

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 16, 2013, 06:09:22 pm »

This is the dorfing post. Also testing forumdwarves plugin

Spoiler: Bsnott the Miner (click to show/hide)
Spoiler:  Hav0k the Miner (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Exodius the Lye Maker (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: EmDiEf the bookkeeper (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: WoobMonkey the Potter (click to show/hide)
Aaaaaaand we've struct the next cavern, and gold veins shine in the dark!
« Last Edit: December 16, 2013, 06:20:25 pm by peregarrett »

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 16, 2013, 06:40:27 pm »

Very bad sense of empathy, slow to trust, doesn't compromise... this is going to be fun.

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 16, 2013, 07:46:19 pm »

Very bad sense of empathy, slow to trust, doesn't compromise... this is going to be fun.

And I'm a jolly/angry tub of lard.
Pretty much the ideal theologian, amirite?

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 16, 2013, 07:48:34 pm »

And I'm a jolly/angry tub of lard.
Pretty much the ideal theologian, amirite?
I, meanwhile, am the nervous and forgetful leader of a cult of personality.

exodius1

• Bay Watcher
  • [ALMOST_HOLLOW]
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 17, 2013, 04:29:16 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Fat, no empathy, stubborn (never feels discouraged), hates crowds. Yup, only a gender change and I am a stereotypical Cardinal^^

WoobMonkey

• Bay Watcher
  • High Lobster of Fluffy Wamblers
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 17, 2013, 06:55:36 am »

He often feels discouraged.  He doesn't often experience strong cravings or urges.  He is trusting.  He views helping others as an imposition on his time.  He would rather intimidate others than compromise with them.  He has a sense of duty.  He talks very quietly when he is angry. 

Puritan apologist, much?  XD

Definitely gonna stick with the whole dogmatic, teleological doctrine apologist route with any future writeups.  Paraphrasing the logic of Aquinas seems to have been a pretty fitting start to this dorf's entire philosophical superstructure!  Lucky guess, I s'pose - or was it the will of Armok Almighty, moving my fingers as they typed?
Edangzak Utharsanad Gedor - think you have what it takes?
CharmCrafted

The dog misses the ball!
The ball softly hits Urist McTrainer in the head, breaking the paper-thin skull and denting the non-existent brain!

exodius1

• Bay Watcher
  • [ALMOST_HOLLOW]
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 18, 2013, 06:37:23 pm »

Soooo..... How are we doing?

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 18, 2013, 07:33:14 pm »

Soooo..... How are we doing?

You're all still in peril of loosing your immortal souls.
Emdief Cancels Lecture: Pennance
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5