Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Demonjustice - Blessed by the Gods [v0.34.11]  (Read 5557 times)

WoobMonkey

• Bay Watcher
  • High Lobster of Fluffy Wamblers
    • View Profile
Re: Demonjustice - Blessed by the Gods [v0.34.11]
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2013, 09:03:39 am »

PTW.

May I be dorfed?
Edangzak Utharsanad Gedor - think you have what it takes?
CharmCrafted

The dog misses the ball!
The ball softly hits Urist McTrainer in the head, breaking the paper-thin skull and denting the non-existent brain!

exodius1

• Bay Watcher
  • [ALMOST_HOLLOW]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2013, 09:06:08 am »

Yes? We should put Faith into righteousness of our Cause! Besides timeloop means we do more smiting without getting older!

[ooc] I am really enjoying this RP, it is a very nice change of pace.
It wasn't intended for you to go insane both in character and out of character.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2013, 09:50:02 am »

Peregarrett, go ahead and take your turn Monday, I need to write part three of the fall of orbtrances and take my turn in Steelhold.

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2013, 10:35:32 am »

Yes? We should put Faith into righteousness of our Cause! Besides timeloop means we do more smiting without getting older!

One might rather view it as a punishment for their hubris. An eternity of torture, brought upon by their absolute, self-righteous belief that they knew and were carrying out Armok's will.
We must take heed, and never ignore guidance given to us by Armok. Time slows down when cats overpopulate? Armok wishes for cat blood to flow. We are beseiged by Forgotten Beasts? Armok is chastising us for our folly in not properly securing our fortress. Tantrum spiral? Armok is punishing us for allowing too many of his followers to die.

Woe unto the dwarf who believes he knows Armok's will. False belief is as much a sin as lack of belief, perhaps greater. False prophets will forever whisper in thine ear that they know truths mortals cannot. Pay them no heed, and serve Armok as you best see fit.

---

How's that for some religion-ing?
And the dining room gets painted with the blood of my dwarf due to their "blasphemy".

exodius1

• Bay Watcher
  • [ALMOST_HOLLOW]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2013, 11:16:11 am »

One might rather view it as a punishment for their hubris. An eternity of torture, brought upon by their absolute, self-righteous belief that they knew and were carrying out Armok's will.
We must take heed, and never ignore guidance given to us by Armok. Time slows down when cats overpopulate? Armok wishes for cat blood to flow. We are beseiged by Forgotten Beasts? Armok is chastising us for our folly in not properly securing our fortress. Tantrum spiral? Armok is punishing us for allowing too many of his followers to die.

Woe unto the dwarf who believes he knows Armok's will. False belief is as much a sin as lack of belief, perhaps greater. False prophets will forever whisper in thine ear that they know truths mortals cannot. Pay them no heed, and serve Armok as you best see fit.

---

And the dining room gets painted with the blood of my dwarf due to their "blasphemy".

HERESY! Armok's will is our Cause and we need to follow it as close to the Scripture as dwarvenly possible, Brother MDFification! Our Order forbids such frivolous forms of worship! "Serve Armok as thou see fit"? This is preposterous! What next? "Treat thine elven neighbours as thou would treat thou-self"?

Our Faith has been passed down through the Scripture of Urist the First, our ancestor! Only in his words we can find what our Lord truly wants! And it clearly states that only those most faithful to Him will be able to smite His enemies righteously through all eternity!

----

I love how we are making separate sects of the Faith right now, it should spice up the game as long as we have a gentlemanly agreement that "smiting other dwarves, even heathens, is a grave offense in the Eyes of Armok and should be avoided at all cost", Berzerkers excluded that is.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2013, 11:24:31 am »

Och. Damned priests such as you spend your time bickering over the will of the God. Truly, if'n ye wanted to glorify His name, ye would be doing something about it rather'n squabblin' like elves about theory.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2013, 11:25:45 am »

---

HERESY! Armok's will is our Cause and we need to follow it as close to the Scripture as dwarvenly possible, Brother MDFification! Our Order forbids such frivolous forms of worship! "Serve Armok as thou see fit"? This is preposterous! What next? "Treat thine elven neighbours as thou would treat thou-self"?

Our Faith has been passed down through the Scripture of Urist the First, our ancestor! Only in his words we can find what our Lord truly wants! And it clearly states that only those most faithful to Him will be able to smite His enemies righteously through all eternity!

----

I love how we are making separate sects of the Faith right now, it should spice up the game as long as we have a gentlemanly agreement that "smiting other dwarves, even heathens, is a grave offense in the Eyes of Armok and should be avoided at all cost", Berzerkers excluded that is.

THIS IS AN OUTRAGE! The scripture of Armok tells us clearly that Armok's will is what we must follow, but that each has their own path!  But all can know Armok's will for them, as it was preordained at the beginning of time.  Our lives, our fates, and everything we do: Armok knows all.  We must be who we are, and may Armok reward or smite us in the afterlife!  THAT is the will of Armok.  For your heresy, you will all burn in the afterlife!

----
I'm imagining a dwarf who is a mad priest, an outcast in the priesthood.  He daily goes on rants about the will of Armok and how all of our actions are known to him before time began, but never remembers saying it and then goes back to buisness as usual without remembering, and vigorously denies having ever said these things.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2013, 11:29:19 am by 4maskwolf »

exodius1

• Bay Watcher
  • [ALMOST_HOLLOW]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2013, 11:33:28 am »

[ooc] Oppsie Daisy, Did I accidently a Great Schism?[/ooc]

Nonsense, Brothers! Nonsense! The Scripture should be followed with no deviation! Sola Scriptura is what leads our lives! Your unpious words will make Armok send you to the Elven Meadows up in the sky without your steel war hammer, so you will forever feel both the accursed rays of the sun and the guilt of not beeing able to smite those pointy-eared demons!

[ooc]Ohh.. and Bsnott... I promise  my Dwarf will not start worshipping a soul-eating demon this time. For realzies^^[/ooc]

bsnott

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_PATIOS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2013, 11:44:19 am »

---

----

THIS IS AN OUTRAGE! The scripture of Armok tells us clearly that Armok's will is what we must follow, but that each has their own path!  But all can know Armok's will for them, as it was preordained at the beginning of time.  Our lives, our fates, and everything we do: Armok knows all.  We must be who we are, and may Armok reward or smite us in the afterlife!  THAT is the will of Armok.  For your heresy, you will all burn in the afterlife!

----
I'm imagining a dwarf who is a mad priest, an outcast in the priesthood.  He daily goes on rants about the will of Armok and how all of our actions are known to him before time began, but never remembers saying it and then goes back to buisness as usual without remembering, and vigorously denies having ever said these things.
THIS IS NONSENSE. The God of Blood cares little to none whether you are who you are, or change. His will is that blood be shed, and that blood be shed for reason. If blood is shed without reason, then he is not doing his job. That is what our Great God does, he directs war to where it would be best suited to help the dwarves of the world.
"This town ain't big enough for the two of us, turkey"

*gobbles menacingly*

WoobMonkey

• Bay Watcher
  • High Lobster of Fluffy Wamblers
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2013, 12:22:01 pm »

It has come to my attention that there are those among us who doubt the truth of the existence of Holy Armok.

Let the following proofs bring light to the souls and minds of those swayed by Elven heresy; may no Dwarf be further mislead upon apprehension of the Truth.

i) The argument from Forgotten Beasts:

As every Dwarf is well aware, generation follows from generation, requiring the Spores of the male to settle upon the Earth of the female.  This is seen among all children of the world, from Dwarf through Chicken.  And yet, I beg you witness the Existence of the Forgotten Beast; each unique, male OR female, with no alternate counterpart.  Whence come these fell creatures, but from the might of Armok, who shapes all existence?

ii) The argument from necrophilia necromancy:

The existence of necromancers is well-established fact.  What is lesser known is the source of their dark talents - hidden books outlining the Secrets of Life and Death.  Each of these books does, indeed, have a source author from among the living Races; but what of the Secrets themselves?  As we see that the methods outlined in these blackened tomes are effective, we are left with a choice: assume that the Living have somehow discerned how to create the Primal Spore, and the Mechanisms by which it functions (an absurdity, to be sure); OR; there exists a Prime Sporulator, creator and First Author of the Secrets.  QED.

iii) The argument from absurdity:

As we all know, the Earth is a vast Square, resting on Supports at the four Cardinal Points, by which we know Direction.  We Dwarfs, most blessed of our LORD, also know of the Making and Use of supports, especially the hidden knowledge of their mechanisms and linkages to levers.

Without an architect, so supports are made.  Without a mechanic, no linkages occur.  Therefore, for there to be a solid Earth resting on Supports, we must admit to the existence of a Great Architect.  For there to be Supports, there must be a Lever, requiring a Grand Mechanic.

Unless we posit the patent absurdity of a mortal being, who may just press a Button to make it all occur, sui generis - which is, prima facie, ridiculous.  As well to posit that all Dwarfen dignity, morality, ingenuity, and even Existence were naught but a silly, incomplete Game.  That's simply Elf Talk; to hold such a belief is to tempt Armok to Pull the Lever, and loose Holy Magma upon us all.

Be warned, doubting Thikuts, that disbelief in the face of such irrefutible proofs is sheer madness, akin to that of one gone Fey in a fortress without Stacked Cloth.

-Shem Aquinus
Edangzak Utharsanad Gedor - think you have what it takes?
CharmCrafted

The dog misses the ball!
The ball softly hits Urist McTrainer in the head, breaking the paper-thin skull and denting the non-existent brain!

exodius1

• Bay Watcher
  • [ALMOST_HOLLOW]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2013, 12:37:38 pm »

What he said

Preach On, Brother!

[ooc] Could I have a look at my dwarf please?[/ooc]

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 15, 2013, 12:54:54 pm »

May I be dorfed with the name Zekariah, a male?

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 15, 2013, 12:55:48 pm »

THIS IS NONSENSE. The God of Blood cares little to none whether you are who you are, or change. His will is that blood be shed, and that blood be shed for reason. If blood is shed without reason, then he is not doing his job. That is what our Great God does, he directs war to where it would be best suited to help the dwarves of the world.

Our lord Armok is both the creator and the destroyer. From his will stem all things, and for his amusement all things must be destroyed. An act of creation is as pleasing to Armok as an act of destruction, for a creating thing will inevitably be eliminated in whatever fashion he deems fit.
Is this not why we dwarves are his chosen people? Our artifice goes beyond any other races. A dwarf dies just as well as a goblin - in fact, we kill less often then they. If creation is not pleasing to Armok, then all of our laws are forfeit. Murder and vandalism would be better in Armok's eyes than an ordered society that can produce more than the sum of its parts.

---

My brothers and sisters, heed my words! We live in a dark time. Simplification of Armoks will abound in the mountainhomes. Corrupt priests lead dwarves to follow their will in place of Armoks, content that petty blood sacrifice endears them to our lord. When Our Father is tired of this plane, it will be sent back to the void from whence it came. Only those souls who have pleased him in their willingness to follow his commands will be saved! Look inward, I say to you, and find how you might best serve Armok's will.

---

(OOC: On that note, can I be dwarfed as a records keeper named Emdief? I envision my dwarf being basically dwarf Martin Luther. Except nobody listens to them. And the powers that be aren't out to kill them, providing they have virtually no following.
Also I've started a doctrinal conflict that is tearing the church apart. Oh lawd. I can tell ye I no not to which sect I belong; only that I am not an Emdiefist)
« Last Edit: December 15, 2013, 01:10:04 pm by MDFification »

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 15, 2013, 01:00:22 pm »

I wish to be an engraver.

exodius1

• Bay Watcher
  • [ALMOST_HOLLOW]
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 16, 2013, 04:34:36 am »

Our lord Armok is both the creator and the destroyer. From his will stem all things, and for his amusement all things must be destroyed. An act of creation is as pleasing to Armok as an act of destruction, for a creating thing will inevitably be eliminated in whatever fashion he deems fit.
Is this not why we dwarves are his chosen people? Our artifice goes beyond any other races. A dwarf dies just as well as a goblin - in fact, we kill less often then they. If creation is not pleasing to Armok, then all of our laws are forfeit. Murder and vandalism would be better in Armok's eyes than an ordered society that can produce more than the sum of its parts.

---

My brothers and sisters, heed my words! We live in a dark time. Simplification of Armoks will abound in the mountainhomes. Corrupt priests lead dwarves to follow their will in place of Armoks, content that petty blood sacrifice endears them to our lord. When Our Father is tired of this plane, it will be sent back to the void from whence it came. Only those souls who have pleased him in their willingness to follow his commands will be saved! Look inward, I say to you, and find how you might best serve Armok's will.

---

(OOC: On that note, can I be dwarfed as a records keeper named Emdief? I envision my dwarf being basically dwarf Martin Luther. Except nobody listens to them. And the powers that be aren't out to kill them, providing they have virtually no following.
Also I've started a doctrinal conflict that is tearing the church apart. Oh lawd. I can tell ye I no not to which sect I belong; only that I am not an Emdiefist)

Theoretically you should be on my side than, Luther was one of the people who tried to introduce Sola Scriptura,wasn't he? or am I mixing religious reformists right now?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5