Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 60

Author Topic: The First Magic Girls: A New Day Dawns  (Read 66144 times)

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
Re: The First Magic Girls: A Fiendish Plan
« Reply #465 on: December 23, 2013, 06:18:02 pm »

make sure i lost them then check myself for wounds.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: December 23, 2013, 06:53:37 pm »

Keith winces.
"Yeah feel free to take me in at anytime now..."
You are taken to a governmental-looking building. The agents who were with you leave, replaced with another one. He says (in English):
"Hello. Sorry for the deception, but this is a vital national matter. A source suggests that you were near that meteor that struck a few hours ago. Is this correct?"

Walk to a hospital, at least it may get the followers off me
Ha, no. They're still trailing you. Some are trying to talk to you.
(Does Jane understand Japanese?)
(As a tourist, Jane knows a workable amount. Some dialects and rare words will confuse her, but she can usually catch the jist.)
(Good.)
There is a fair amount of what sounds like people either cheering you on, criticizing you, or squeeing. Some seem to be trying to interview you, in a combination of English and Japanese.

make sure i lost them then check myself for wounds.
[6] You seem to have lost them pretty well...and yourself.
Injuries? Well, you're panicking, your clothes are heavily damaged, one foot is bare, and the other only has a sock, but other than that, you're fine.

Quote from: Tiruin
Reasonable complaints about being sidelined.
You get checked and let's skip past that. The doctor notes that you do not seem to have any condition he is familiar with, but there does seem to be something a bit off about your skin.
And because we both want you to join the plot, a governmental agent picks you up on his way to the beach. Anything you want to ask him or do you want to just forget about it and accelerate to afterwards?

((Did everyone there get scanned?))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: December 23, 2013, 07:10:29 pm »

"Near it? The dang thing hit me! I almost lost my sandwich as well. Oh, and the boat started sinking. And also I started hearing whispers on the life boat."

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: December 23, 2013, 10:03:05 pm »

Sigh. Why did bad things always happen to Madoka? Rotten luck, usually.

Ah well. She should be getting home now, don't you think?

Start wandering and looking for directions.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: December 23, 2013, 11:30:54 pm »

"Near it? The dang thing hit me! I almost lost my sandwich as well. Oh, and the boat started sinking. And also I started hearing whispers on the life boat."
"That's...um...unusual. But, not as unusual as what's happened with some of the others. Like the one woman who destroyed the wall of a building with a touch. And we're here to make sure you won't be able to do something like that."

Sigh. Why did bad things always happen to Madoka? Rotten luck, usually.
Ah well. She should be getting home now, don't you think?
Start wandering and looking for directions.
[5] You manage to get home.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: December 23, 2013, 11:33:58 pm »

Keith stops feeling like cooperating at that.
"Are you quite sure you want to leave that phrase like that?"

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: December 24, 2013, 12:00:49 am »

Keith stops feeling like cooperating at that.
"Are you quite sure you want to leave that phrase like that?"
"My English is not so good, sorry. I'm saying that we want to test you, to make sure you will not."
Sig

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: December 24, 2013, 12:03:38 am »

"Oh! That's much more agreeable than the impression I had. I was half tempted to see what doing the mind thing at full blast against one person would do."

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: December 24, 2013, 02:45:19 pm »

"...Indeed. We could take you over there?"
Sig

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: December 24, 2013, 02:52:34 pm »

Scoot scoot scoot away from the people... not running away, just not wanting to stand near them...
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: December 24, 2013, 02:54:31 pm »

"You okay?"

((Also, did I get everyone scanned?))
Sig

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: December 24, 2013, 02:55:32 pm »

"You okay?"

((Also, did I get everyone scanned?))

((As far as I know.))

"... Yes..."
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: December 24, 2013, 04:25:50 pm »

"Let's go."

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The First Magic Girls: Power Exposition
« Reply #478 on: December 24, 2013, 04:57:29 pm »

((I hope you're right.))

"Alright. Everyone's done? ...Good."
"Didn't he say to do the little kid?"
"Alright." Moriko places her hand on Mimu's forehead, and looks surprised.
"I--I think she's alive..."
"It wouldn't be the weirdest thing today. Come on, let's wake the slacker."
Taisho leads the group to the home of Chihu.
"Oy, we've got the paperwork."
"I'm serious. I need a chance to rest."
"Evaluate them now or you're fired."
"You wouldn't do that, Tai. I'm too important." Regardless, perhaps ten second later Chihu opens the door.
"Alright, let's see them. Alphabetizing..." He tosses the papers into the air before grabbing them one by one.
"Greenwood, Kaia. Alternate form can float a bit, move stuff via electromagetic manipulation, shock attackers, and is composed of a material more fragile than flesh, but without any pesky internal structure. She can also release short-ranged lightning bolts and cling to surfaces, and she should be better at electronics work.
"Kikiuchi Yukari. Alternate form floats and heals. Assorted aerokinetic powers. Versatile, lucky you. Watch for bullets, though.
"Matsumo Kimiko. Controls metal, a bit weak to magic. Alternate form made of metal and can conjure blades, pillars, and such from solid surfaces. Nice mix.
"Minu, or Mimu, or whatever...ooh. This is neat. Two species of mana...ahem. Alternate form feline, various mind alteration abilities, regeneration. Also some downsides. Ai, you're taking her in? Expect being woken up a lot in the middle of the night to calm her down. Also make sure she doesn't cross the street alone.
"Miyuki Matsumoto. Sonic control, enhanced hearing. Alternate form paler.
"Shinohara Mao. Shapeshifting, and can shift others' shapes with a touch.
"Woodson, Willamina. Can use a variety of toxic chemicals with a touch. Alternate form can do the same at range. Biochemistry screwed up, also has harmful effects on small animals nearby. Look on the bright side: Your days of using bug spray are over.
"Finally...Yu, Claudia. Alternate form stony, allows rapid repair of injury; you also have a nice destructive attack, and a bunch of mental issues. I suppose I have the incident downtown to thank for my job, but try to not do that in the future. Here." He hands you a necklace with about a dozen little symbols on it. "This should suppress your powers and such, though not as well as Ai does."
Chihu sighs. "Alright, I'm in need of a nap. Don't bug me for an hour or so."

"Let's go."
You head out. It's going to take a while; care to chat with the agent?
Sig

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The First Magic Girls: Power Exposition
« Reply #479 on: December 24, 2013, 04:58:55 pm »

Na... Try and read his mind some.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 60