Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 60

Author Topic: The First Magic Girls: A New Day Dawns  (Read 66231 times)

draco1234

• Bay Watcher
  • What's the worst that can happen?
    • View Profile
Re: The First Magic Girls: Maho Ga Umareru
« Reply #30 on: December 14, 2013, 03:16:42 pm »

I think that's everyone. Convenient.

Not quite, I still need to post my action.  (Sorry about that, I've spent most of the day packing to come home from Uni for the holidays.)

((I don't suppose there is anyway in the future I can get my arm back?  Being the only one with a crippling disability will be... interesting.))
« Last Edit: December 14, 2013, 03:59:28 pm by draco1234 »

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 14, 2013, 03:21:51 pm »

Ah that make more sense. Anyway, food. Find some chicken, got chips, need vegetable. I think peas would go best.

Buy food, go home
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Emral282

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 14, 2013, 03:56:06 pm »

'Right. The immanent danger of burning down the house is now over. Horray.
Now, that little lightshow was most certainly NOT normal. I should probably see if that really happened or I just hallucinated it.'

Go look up various news and astronomy websites to see what exactly happened up there.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 14, 2013, 04:04:46 pm »

How very strange, Claudia thinks as she looks back at the tree. What just happened? Something hit her, but she is somehow alright? What?

Examine the shattered tree. How has it shattered - like glass? What could have done such a thing?

Also, is anybody looking at me?

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 14, 2013, 04:22:23 pm »

Hmmm? The nausea seems to be fading away. I guess that it's not radiation poisoning then, but what is it then? Maybe there's something in the news about it? I should ask the cab driver to put it on the radio.
"Excuse me, but do you think that you could put the news on the radio? I want to see if there's any information on that thing from space."
Listen to the radio for anything about the incident.
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

draco1234

• Bay Watcher
  • What's the worst that can happen?
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 14, 2013, 07:59:39 pm »

Kaia came to, dazed and confused from the fall.  As she tried to raise herself up from the wreck of the car, she found that she couldn’t seem to move her left arm.  She managed to push herself to a sitting position with her right arm, and then turned to see what was wrong with her arm.  When all she saw was a stump pitifully waving back and forth, it took a while for comprehension to dawn.  And when it did, the panic set in.
Scrambling madly, she pulled herself off of the wreck of the car and fell to the ground.  Picking herself up, she began to stagger towards the hotel, the only coherent thought coalescing in her head being to find her parents.  There seemed to be a person standing nearby, but in her fright she barely noticed him.

Stagger towards the hotel and try to find my parents.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 14, 2013, 10:22:03 pm »

nng... wait, I... changed, a little? maybe... I can...

attempt to pinch cheek, assuming i somehow activated an effect, meaning this is a dream and I should wake up. If this fails, either i am insane or I can actually shapeshift. Try to shapeshift my back back into correct shape.
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 14, 2013, 10:25:42 pm »

Hiromi Anaya
You were enjoying a bit of floutistry, a typical day towards the end of December, when you saw a lovely burst of colors. Blues, mostly, but some purples, too. It's a nice scene and (why is my creativity so dead argh how is it almost midnight) you get hit with a shard.
Your skin feels weird, and you feel all the soil and rocks around you sort of...tingling.
Dizziness?
     Allergy?
          Lacking pain.
It isn't that time..gruh.

Hiromi stood up and dusted herself, seeing the small patches of soil on the edges of her pants and looked up at the skies.
Sun's out, still pretty early. A bit cold. Probably should get checked up by Doc.

Get to the nearest clinic--also ask the doctor tending to me about recent news, like that meteorite I've heard from before.
Class D's usually burn up in the atmosphere...
Check the vicinity for that thing that hit me.
Now who would throw a rock at me?
« Last Edit: December 14, 2013, 10:44:32 pm by Tiruin »

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 15, 2013, 04:59:35 pm »

After sitting down for a good minute, Medomai's suddenly struck by a new, foreign thought.

I should go for a walk.

Before she knows it, she's standing up and getting her shoes on.

Step outside for a walk.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 15, 2013, 05:17:25 pm »

I can... walk?

That's new. My back was broken a few moments ago... Oh well. Let's get out of here... finally out of that room...

((Note: per comic, being locked in is now canon :P running with that.))

Stand up. Walk away quickly.
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 15, 2013, 10:05:18 pm »

Away...to where?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 15, 2013, 11:01:36 pm »

Away...to where?

Away from the building. Just... away. Nowhere in particular. Somewhere not crowded.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 15, 2013, 11:02:43 pm »

Away...to where?

Away from the building. Just... away. Nowhere in particular. Somewhere not crowded.
That sounds really poetic.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: The First Magic Girls: Characters
« Reply #43 on: December 16, 2013, 01:15:57 am »

Keith heads for the life boats with his family.
Such a logical course of action! Are you sure you can do that?
You flee for the life boats. [6] You hurry for a life boat and get shoved into the water. Oh no! If only you could somehow move in water!
((Funny thing: I was imagining such a response even before rolling the die.
If there is a God, He has a funny way of showing His existence...))

Yukari decides to use her phone to call for a cab to a nearby clinic, if possible. She thinks this through.
>If I get to a clinic and get my wrist checked, then they'll be all worried, but-
Her line of thought is interrupted by a text message.
Where the hell are you? Mom's looking for you!
You've been gone for three hours, and you left your bag here

She sighs irritably, before doing some quick thinking.
"Be right there, just give me a couple of minutes."
Yukari sprouts the wing constructs she had found she had gained and flies to her mother's house, where she had been eating dinner earlier.
She'd explain it to her sister; her mother would never believe her. Yes, she needed to a ride to the nearest clinic as soon as possible, but first she needed to get home, if only to assuage her mother and sister.
Fly to my mother's house.
You do so. You note along the way that the wings seem mostly for show; you are floating more than flying. It still beats the bus any day, though. (And you're still moving at a good speed, when the winds don't slow you.)

"..." Minu looks worried and slightly upset. Would she have to stay her long? When could she see her parents again? Who would her foster parents be? And could she still wear her cat costumes? The lack of injuries are of no concern to the four year old as she looks around for food, and any indication of what might have happened since she fell asleep suddenly. Last she remembered had been some pretty lights...
"Is there anything you want? Are you hungry?"
You get some food and pick at it, worried. Soon, a woman in a suit comes.
"Hello there...Minu?"

Miyuki staggered towards the reception desk, the pain was almost unbearable now and the incessant noise was still raging through her head. She could barely think any more, simply focusing on reaching the receptionist. When she finally got there she spoke

"Please... I need a doctor"
You are quickly brought to a doctor. Treatment begins.

Let the hospital people do their stuff. I probably have a concussion from... whatever the hell that was.
You do so.

Tirus thinks back to what the creatures said. Maybe the meteor did something to her. Maybe she could help.
"Grandmother, do I have your permission to go find and help anyone who's been hurt by the meteors?"
Wait for answer. If yes, then go find other victims and see if I can use this supposed healing ability.
[1] She shakes her head.
"It's too dangerous, Sent. We don't know what could be out there. Just...let's just stay inside for a while."

Ah that make more sense. Anyway, food. Find some chicken, got chips, need vegetable. I think peas would go best.
Buy food, go home
Food obtained.
[3] You get stopped by some guy trying to convince you to "flame on," but push past him pretty easily. It seems you are getting some notoriety.

'Right. The immanent danger of burning down the house is now over. Horray.
Now, that little lightshow was most certainly NOT normal. I should probably see if that really happened or I just hallucinated it.'

Go look up various news and astronomy websites to see what exactly happened up there.
They're not sure exactly what, but...this object seemed to streak almost out of nowhere, not appearing on any telescopes or other sensors until a few hours ago. It struck the atmosphere, released a bunch of chunks to Japan, Korea, and the Chinese coast, and vanished even faster than it appeared; it left no physical residue. However, a good amount of chaos was still caused; those struck by or near the landing sites of the chunks tended to be remarkably uninjured for the most part, and to have had strange experiences...
There are a few casualties, but given that dozens of fragments struck people, surprisingly few.
[5]
You find a site advertising a sort of government organization for the people affected by the shards, offering them aid and a job in exchange for figuring out what these things are. And "other duties as needed," of course. Every job has that...

How very strange, Claudia thinks as she looks back at the tree. What just happened? Something hit her, but she is somehow alright? What?
Examine the shattered tree. How has it shattered - like glass? What could have done such a thing?
Also, is anybody looking at me?

Kinda like glass, except that shattered glass is...less melty at the edges.
And where was Claudia walking? Downtown? Secluded mountain trail? Where?

Hmmm? The nausea seems to be fading away. I guess that it's not radiation poisoning then, but what is it then? Maybe there's something in the news about it? I should ask the cab driver to put it on the radio.
"Excuse me, but do you think that you could put the news on the radio? I want to see if there's any information on that thing from space."
Listen to the radio for anything about the incident.
[6]
Some crazy guy is talking about how this is an obvious sign of the apocalypse. Man, this televangelist is really on the ball. You wonder what he's doing on the radio, where donations to him might pay for the airtime.

Kaia came to, dazed and confused from the fall.  As she tried to raise herself up from the wreck of the car, she found that she couldn’t seem to move her left arm.  She managed to push herself to a sitting position with her right arm, and then turned to see what was wrong with her arm.  When all she saw was a stump pitifully waving back and forth, it took a while for comprehension to dawn.  And when it did, the panic set in.
Scrambling madly, she pulled herself off of the wreck of the car and fell to the ground.  Picking herself up, she began to stagger towards the hotel, the only coherent thought coalescing in her head being to find her parents.  There seemed to be a person standing nearby, but in her fright she barely noticed him.

Stagger towards the hotel and try to find my parents.
"Halt! Stop! No!" You ignore him, moving past, with people avoiding you.
[6]
Your parents hug you, reacting badly as they get shocked. Judging by how your father is clutching his chest, you think something is wrong, you genius you.

nng... wait, I... changed, a little? maybe... I can...

attempt to pinch cheek, assuming i somehow activated an effect, meaning this is a dream and I should wake up. If this fails, either i am insane or I can actually shapeshift.
OW! You shouldn't pinch so hard.
I can... walk?
That's new. My back was broken a few moments ago... Oh well. Let's get out of here... finally out of that room...
Stand up. Walk away quickly.
So you do, wandering down the street.

-snip for space-

Get to the nearest clinic--also ask the doctor tending to me about recent news, like that meteorite I've heard from before.
Class D's usually burn up in the atmosphere...
Check the vicinity for that thing that hit me.
Now who would throw a rock at me?
[2] A quick check results in nothing. You decide to head for a clinic. Maybe you could at least make sure you're sane.

After sitting down for a good minute, Medomai's suddenly struck by a new, foreign thought.
I should go for a walk.
Before she knows it, she's standing up and getting her shoes on.
Step outside for a walk.
You do so. Where do you want to walk to?

Status
Spoiler: Jane Grave (scapheap) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Hiromi Anaya (Tiruin) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Keith Johnson (kj1225) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Medomai (Pufferfish) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Mimu (RangerCado) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Minami Hikaru (Emral) (click to show/hide)

Updates go much faster when you're not writing character sheets and consulting GURPS between sections.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 16, 2013, 02:29:07 am »

I wonder what happening in Akihabara  today, Medomai thinks, I'm sure there's gotta be a new release, something to do to get my mind off of... What happened.

To Akihabara!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 60