Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 60

Author Topic: The First Magic Girls: A New Day Dawns  (Read 66242 times)

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
Re: The First Magic Girls: Maho Ga Umareru
« Reply #60 on: December 16, 2013, 06:10:05 pm »

Fuuka still hides behind Yukari. She knew Kimiko, alright: biggest bully in the school,a typical delinquent, fairly scary.

She was secretly glad, of course, that she had her older sister right there. Yukari herself didn't know Kimiko at all- but there probably wasn't going to be a chance of Kimiko going for either her or the other girl while she was standing there; least, that was what she thought.

Speaking of which, the brown-haired girl chimed in.
"So...did you two see the meteors?"
« Last Edit: December 16, 2013, 06:12:40 pm by IamanElfCollaborator »

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 16, 2013, 06:19:48 pm »

"See it? A giant chunk of it hit me like a bitch. You wimps are lucky that you weren't in my place, else they'd be wiping you off the street right about now." Kimiko collapses into a nearby chair, secretly glad for the rest.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 16, 2013, 06:21:11 pm »

Yukari disregards her rudeness entirely.
"I see. We've all been hit then?"

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 16, 2013, 06:33:15 pm »

Willamina groans, partly from the nausea and partly from the radio's message. She never believed in all that apocalypse mumbo-jumbo. The way she saw it, the Mayans probably just ran out of space on their calendar and figured that if their two millenia didn't last longer than they did, they could just make another one. As the televangelist begins getting around to how the meteorite was actually a spacecraft shuttling Lucifer to Earth, she changes the station, searching through different frequencies until she finds a relaxing fugue by Bach, which she listens to until she arrives at the hotel.

When she arrives at the hotel, Willamina will head to her room and take a nap.
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 16, 2013, 06:35:04 pm »

Miyuki flinched slightly as she heard Kimiko crack her knuckles, she just wanted to be away from her. The mention of meteors made Miyuki remember when she was hit once more, she had seen something in the sky then. Was it a meteor that had hit her?

"I think I might have been hit by one"
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 16, 2013, 07:06:08 pm »

"So we've all been hit by a meteor. Big whoop. Last I checked the only prize I got was a concussion. Bet some bastard has already swiped my piece of space rock."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 16, 2013, 09:01:07 pm »

You decide to head for a clinic.
Approaching the receptionist, Hiromi asked on whom she should see for 'skin issues'. A dermatologist perhaps?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: The First Magic Girls: In Which I Try to Finish a Turn Before Midnight
« Reply #67 on: December 17, 2013, 12:00:44 am »

I wonder what happening in Akihabara  today, Medomai thinks, I'm sure there's gotta be a new release, something to do to get my mind off of... What happened.

To Akihabara!
You head to Akihabara, where electronics abound, cosplay cafes are common, and Google thinks should be Khabarovsk.
[4,1] On one hand, you find a nice manga. On the other hand, you don't have any money, having left what you do have at home.

Do something crazy like... I don't know... Swimming back to the life boat by chance?
Gasp!
You do so, a bit bruised and annoyed. Also, your clothes are soaked.
It's kinda chaotic.

I'm going to have to lose this tail, somehow.

Throw off any 'fans' before heading home
[3] You manage to get rid of him with a solid punch to the jaw and return home.

Minu looks up at the woman, still kinda sad. She wanted to see her parents, and if they weren't hurt badly, then why were they sent somewhere else? Regardless, she gives a slow nod, unsure of who the woman was.

"Wh-who you...?"

"I am Hogosha Aiko. I'll be taking care of you for a while...if that's fine?"
(I'm really uncertain how this should be going...has anyone adopted any orphans lately?
Not that Mimu's parents are dead. They're alive.)

"Damn it, it's getting late."

Text friends that I got into some kind of accident and won't be able to make it tonight. Call parents to tell them that I'm in the hospital.
Your friends demand details. Man, you need to get some new friends.
Your parents express concern and want to know what happened.

-snip-
Call my mom to tell her I'm at the hospital with my sister, and get my wrist checked and treated, hopefully.

((COINCIDENTALLY ITS THE SAME HOSPITAL KIMIKO IS AT NOW, MINU MAY BE AT AND HOPEFULLY HIROMI'S HEADING TO.))
[2]
She wants to know what happened...

-snip-

Try to find a phone to call an ambulance for my father.  Once he is safe, try and find medical attention for myself.
[3] You accidentally discover how to change back. Your arm is still missing, but the stump is all covered in skin, not bleeding and stuff. Yay?
You manage to get to a hospital. It's not the closest one, you're sure of that...
When you get there, your father gets taken into the ER, and you are taken to an examination room, whereafter they discharge you due to not having any treatable issues (unless you got a prosthetic or something).
Quote from one doctor: "If it wasn't for the fact that I'm looking at your shoulder, I wouldn't believe that you had lost an arm."

-snip-
She walks over there and grabs a random book and reads it until she starts feeling tired.
Once done with her light reading she neatly puts it away and gets ready for bed.
You do so.
Please wait for further world-breaking events or, barring that, the rest of everyone to catch up.

And where was Claudia walking? Downtown? Secluded mountain trail? Where?
Claudia wonders how she even got here. One moment she's downtown, then she's at a park - or at least that's what it looks like... my, how time flies when you're lost in thought. Very easy to get confused in such a state. This, though, was most certainly not normal.
Have the emergency services arrived or something? And am I alone? If there doesn't seem to be any sort of reaction from the surrounding public, go back to my hotel room.
No emergency services, no. Plenty of gawking people, though.
Kill. Maim. Destroy.
Maybe if you broke something, that annoying voice would shut up...
[1] Oh come on.
You glance over the people, choosing a target. Having done so, you focus your power on the unlucky man, expending a bit of energy, watching him fall apart, melting at the edges, like the tree had been.
It felt...good.

-snip-

So she called over a nurse and asked if they had a phone that she could use
A nurse brings her her phone. Presumably, she calls her mother.
"Hello?"

"That was certainly wierd."

Katelyn checks herself again, just to make sure, and goes to find a band-aid.
Yup. That was weird.
[4] You accidentally shift yourself a little bigger. Huh. You play with this a bit, discovering that you can go bigger or smaller. Oh, the possibilities...

Willamina groans, partly from the nausea and partly from the radio's message. She never believed in all that apocalypse mumbo-jumbo. The way she saw it, the Mayans probably just ran out of space on their calendar and figured that if their two millenia didn't last longer than they did, they could just make another one. As the televangelist begins getting around to how the meteorite was actually a spacecraft shuttling Lucifer to Earth, she changes the station, searching through different frequencies until she finds a relaxing fugue by Bach, which she listens to until she arrives at the hotel.
When she arrives at the hotel, Willamina will head to her room and take a nap.
"Hey, don't change the station. My taxi, my radio. Besides, this guy's good. He knows what he's talking about."
You sigh a bit, mentally reducing the driver's tip with each word. Particularly "change," "taxi," "good," and "what".

You make it to the hotel, getting a much-needed nap.

You decide to head for a clinic.
Approaching the receptionist, Hiromi asked on whom she should see for 'skin issues'. A dermatologist perhaps?
You are in a waiting room, painted a pale yellow-green.
"What kind of skin issues? If it's minor enough, we might be able to handle it here; you might have to go to a hospital for something more severe."

Everyone at the hospital (except Mimu)

You are contacted by cell phone or else by an interney person (RNA, by their name tag). You get informed that you are wanted in a room on the third floor, and get directions to there from the main elevator cluster.

Status
Spoiler: Jane Grave (scapheap) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Hiromi Anaya (Tiruin) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Keith Johnson (kj1225) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Medomai (Pufferfish) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Mimu (RangerCado) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Minami Hikaru (Emral) (click to show/hide)

This has gotten to the point where I'm having trouble keeping track of where everyone is. There's just too many people for me to keep it all in my head, which doesn't bode well with my general GMing method for that big-picture stuff...
Here's hoping I get everyone together soon!
« Last Edit: December 17, 2013, 11:34:26 am by GreatWyrmGold »
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 17, 2013, 12:09:25 am »

While waiting for the boat to get to land do something to pass the time... The rock that hit me was glowing, maybe it game Keith super powers! /snort.

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 17, 2013, 12:19:19 am »

Continue sleeping, possibly having strange and revealing dreams.
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 17, 2013, 12:19:58 am »

Sent knew better than to argue with her grandmother. So, she decided to follow what her grandmother advises with.

"Yes, of course, grandmother."

Wait inside and turn on the radio or something. If nothing interesting happens, attempt to sleep.

((I didn't really miss too much last turn, considering I'm basically waiting inside.))

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 17, 2013, 01:10:41 am »

Yukari attempts to handle situation via leaving the room and talking to her mother on the phone.
Explain situation to mother via saying I slipped and hurt my wrist.

Meanwhile, Fuuka is now left in the room with Miyuki and Kimiko. She instinctively stays away from Kimiko, scared.

Announcements!

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 17, 2013, 01:23:29 am »

Medomai's eyes are caught by a large cardboard standee.

"Star Dust Witch Meruru!!"
, a title below it says, with a stack of manga next to it. No cellophane wrapping, either.

Huh, I've heard of Meruru. I wonder if it's any good.

She picks up one of the first few books, and somehow flips to the magical girl transformation.

Wow, that's actually really cool! I wish I could do that.

Pretend to do a magical transformation!!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 17, 2013, 02:29:46 am »

"... oh dear," Claudia says under her breath, then laughs at herself. That's a pretty funny reaction to what amounts to unprovoked murder. 'Oh dear'. Really. Has she herself gone off the deep end, or has reality done the same? Moreover, does it ultimately matter? Our perception of reality is purely subjective, and-

No, no, no. This isn't time to stand around waiting for somebody to ask questions. This is a time to do something else entirely. Namely, remove herself from the premises post-haste.

Escape! Listen carefully if the voice has any more detailed instructions than 'Kill! Maim! Destroy!' or if it really is such a boring twit.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 17, 2013, 09:11:37 am »

((I have no clue how this is supposed to work. And I still think their dead until proven otherwise :P ))

Minu seems really nervous. She didn't know anything about this woman, and she probably didn't know anything about her! What if they didn't get along? Would she get sent back to her parents, or just another person she didn't know? Regardless, she gives a tiny wave.
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 60