Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: A tale of demons and hosts:Hell is closed  (Read 7253 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: A tale of demons and hosts:Hell is closed
« Reply #30 on: December 15, 2013, 11:07:37 am »

The big thing is that I have a single, rank D ability which doesn't seem to do much, while everyone else has multiple abilities, most including one of a higher rank and all more useful/well-defined than mine. And also that my character is a little girl with a gaping wound somehow.
..... I can fix things and lie well. You can survive seemingly fatal wounds. 'Doesn't do much' is the understatement of the year.
Well, the ability description didn't exactly help me understand that it did so.

Edit for GWG:  Scap is using the term for a person with a demon sealed in them from Naruto so maybe look for more information on that from a Naruto wiki?
...How the heck would I know that if I didn't already know Naruto?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 15, 2013, 11:11:10 am »

1. Oh. I personally think it could be useful knowledge, but it's your call.

2. Well that's pretty good, since Angel's heart is pretty close to destroyed. (What the heck does being more closely connected to the demon do, anyways?)
The big thing is that I have a single, rank D ability which doesn't seem to do much, while everyone else has multiple abilities, most including one of a higher rank and all more useful/well-defined than mine. And also that my character is a little girl with a gaping wound somehow.

3. Oh dangit. Can I at least use their senses? And how many is a swarm? What limits are there on spellcasting? ...And how hard is it to learn new spells?
2. When I finish the first turn..
3. Not yet. The bigger the swarm, the more energy. The cost is energy so until you collapsed. As you grow used to your demon, you gain more spell and spell casters simply have a easier time, Angel can learn spell 'normally' it will just be hard.
I would presume we can increase our ability levels by doing things related to them? Like learning how to kick a demon out of someones body or make a sealing circle might increase the holy aura.
Yes and one can learn other abilities the same way.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 15, 2013, 11:26:49 am »

One day...one day, I will be Skitter. Possibly with some extra abilities, but the core will be Skitter. This I swear to Scion.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 17, 2013, 07:38:19 pm »

So... when you be ready Scap?

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 18, 2013, 11:53:59 am »

Keith Johnson
"You okay?" A hand before you reaches out. It belongs to a underclassmate. Grabbing it, you haul yourself to your feet.

You tell everyone you're alright, the fall didn't even hurt. You don't tell them why you fell. A roar of complete rage that only you could hear.

You are at school, in the hallway of the north part with a disappearing crowd. It the end of the day. It also feel like the end of your peaceful days. A look out the window shows a shaky girl leaving the school part across the street.

Gabriela Marek
You step into the fading sunlight, not quite alone, but friendless. Everyone in your circle, gone along with the book. The only reason you are still here was because of the demon that appeared and offered a pact to save yourself. Cowardly? Maybe, but now you could plan.

You are outside the south half of the school.

Sacha Overbeck
It was a stroke of luck. You tripped and caught hold of the suspect's anklet, scattering the contraband your department suspected he had, but lacked proof. Well now you got proof.

Your and your demon's minds on the other hand, are thinking of that roar that made you tripped. No one else reacted to it.

You are in the mall with a worried looking man pinned down by you.

Denton Bennett
You help the upperclassmate to her feet, you mind working away while your demon wonders what the roar was. The girl, named Keith Johnson tripped at the same moment of the roar. With no one else reacting to it, you mark the girl as something odd.

You are at school, in the hallway of the north part with a disappearing crowd. It the end of the day. A look out the window shows a shaky girl leaving the school part across the street.

Angel Beatricesdaughter
Pain, horrible pain. You want to cry out, sob, but Leruin told you stay still. To you left there a body of woman, her clothes red with blood, like your. Unlike you, she dead, a dagger to the heart. A dagger that was then used on you.

A beat then another. Your heart, now rebuild, Leruin said. The pain tells you the wound still exists, but you not so cold now.

The sounds of a door closing echo. You relax, you cry. You are in a room with a doorway, two altars and a dead body.

Abbey Kingsley
You curse as the wench slips away. What was that roar that spooked you? Your demon shrugs, in defiant of the lack of shoulders. Dropping down to pick up your wench, you noticed it way past lunch. You should go take your break if you started hearing roars.

You are at the garage that you work at.

So... when you be ready Scap?
(Too much fanfics, is my excuse. Also, how two players right next to each other have not made eye contract yet(rolls) is beyond me.)
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 18, 2013, 02:40:50 pm »

Gabriela scans the crowd, trying to make eye contact with as much people as possible.

EDIT: ((Obviously I'm scanning the crowd to find other people who have made pacts with demons.))
« Last Edit: December 18, 2013, 02:42:44 pm by USEC_OFFICER »

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 18, 2013, 04:45:07 pm »

Keith watches the girl a bit more before turning to Denton.
"Thanks...?"
Keith leaves the word hanging in the air waiting for the other person to say their name.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 18, 2013, 06:04:42 pm »

"What the.. Um..." Sasha mumbled as she flipped the suspect over while wondering what exactly the roar was about "You're under arrest."

Read suspect his rights and arrest him. Try to scan the crowd to make sure no-one else noticed.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 18, 2013, 08:34:24 pm »

Keith watches the girl a bit more before turning to Denton.
"Thanks...?"
Keith leaves the word hanging in the air waiting for the other person to say their name.

"No problem. The name's Denton Bennet. You can call me Den if you want."

Den looks at the girl, wondering why she tripped the same time you heard the roar.

"Hey," he says, taking a look at the girl out the window. "Did you hear that roar as well?"
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 18, 2013, 08:48:28 pm »

Joshua's face appears in the corner of Keith's vision.
<Hey Kid. I think this one is...>
<A pact holder? Are we going to mark this one or...>
<No... Let him live, even if it's just out of professional courtesy.>
Keith raises an eyebrow at Denton.
"Maybe I did. Why do you ask?"

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 18, 2013, 08:53:52 pm »

Joshua's face appears in the corner of Keith's vision.
<Hey Kid. I think this one is...>
<A pact holder? Are we going to mark this one or...>
<No... Let him live, even if it's just out of professional courtesy.>
Keith raises an eyebrow at Denton.
"Maybe I did. Why do you ask?"

Den looked at the girl. Something wasn't normal about her. Then again, nothing was normal about himself.

"You show me your pact, I'll show you mine."

Den unbuttoned his school shirt, up to the part where a black heart split in half was tattooed on the left side of his chest.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 18, 2013, 08:55:10 pm »

"Sorry, the only one I let that far down is Joshua."
Keith smirks at Denton.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 18, 2013, 09:04:01 pm »

"Okay then," he smiled awkwardly. Must be a incubus.

["Damn cowardly incubus! Back in Hell, I'd have ripped him apa-"]

["Pipe down, Doom. You're not in Hell right now."]

"Joshua, eh? Mine's Doom." ["I'm not yours, human."]

"So, did you see that shaking girl walking down the street?"
Dying of laughter?

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 18, 2013, 09:07:13 pm »

"Yeah. I did."

Joshua's face sneers at the name Doom.
<He made a pact with a BLOOD DEMON!? I'm personally amazed he managed to form a coherent sentence.>

Keith rolls her eyes.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 18, 2013, 09:14:35 pm »

"What should we do? Doesn't seem like a coincidence..."

["Hey you, incubus! What kind of name is Joshua? Ooh, I'm terrified mom! There's a demon under my bed named Joshua!"]

["Shut up, Doom.]

Den lets out a sigh. "Sorry, tact isn't necessarily Doom's forte."
Dying of laughter?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6