Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 71

Author Topic: New Age Mercenaries: Tales of Hard Times (IC Thread)  (Read 40395 times)

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: New Age Mercenaries: Dungeons Abandoned and Dragons Exterminated
« Reply #90 on: December 16, 2013, 04:28:03 pm »

(( In D&D yes but this isn't D&D. ))
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 16, 2013, 04:30:42 pm »

You said 4th edition AD&D and are using the same races I assumed.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 16, 2013, 04:43:21 pm »

(( I'm not the host dude, but he's not using the racial skills and stuff from D&D that was just the framework for the game he's made up the rest himself to fit the game and to balance things.

From the OP. If you're going to create a mage, the only thing you can do without any knowledge of magic-wielding - and you don't know shit about it because there is no one to learn from - is to transform raw magic energy to focused and unfocused energy pulses, and you're able to move things in distance (which demands a powerful effort of will)

Going from that the ability to use a high level attack like lightning breath will require a lot of time and practice. ))
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 16, 2013, 04:46:39 pm »

He could make it so that it starts out weak and gets stronger later on, when he becomes more used to using his lightning breath.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 16, 2013, 05:06:41 pm »

(( I'm not the host dude, but he's not using the racial skills and stuff from D&D that was just the framework for the game he's made up the rest himself to fit the game and to balance things.

From the OP. If you're going to create a mage, the only thing you can do without any knowledge of magic-wielding - and you don't know shit about it because there is no one to learn from - is to transform raw magic energy to focused and unfocused energy pulses, and you're able to move things in distance (which demands a powerful effort of will)

Going from that the ability to use a high level attack like lightning breath will require a lot of time and practice. ))
Yeah but since the Humans killed all the mages and they never beat the Dragonborn I have more powerful magicks.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 16, 2013, 05:08:15 pm »

(( Doesn't mean you specifically, your species does but your no stronger then the rest of us players. Giving you high level magic is a little unfair on every other player and would be a nightmare to balance. ))
« Last Edit: December 16, 2013, 05:10:40 pm by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 16, 2013, 07:08:21 pm »

South. Walk south. Keep walking until something interesting is found, and then peruse it.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 16, 2013, 08:37:36 pm »

(( Doesn't mean you specifically, your species does but your no stronger then the rest of us players. Giving you high level magic is a little unfair on every other player and would be a nightmare to balance. ))
Well I do the GM PM'd me the details but basically I can do some buffs and some basic offensive moves but it literally takes all my energy.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 17, 2013, 03:46:14 am »

GM here to solve the question.
Froggy Ninja, The Dragonborn of original DnD really have ability of breathing with elemental forces, but there are two points:
1) Average Dragonborn lives about 250-300 years, though the oldest ones can live for five or six centuries. So, being 20, you're not even a teenager of your kind. So your ability still needs practice and development.
2) I nerfed that ability 'cause it's pretty overpowered, as I think. Now it requires magical efforts as well as physical. Not each Dragonborn is fire-breathing here.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: December 17, 2013, 08:02:54 am »

Pay no attention to the people talking. Just head up to the railway station and take a ride out to the country.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: December 17, 2013, 09:39:33 am »

(I may have misread the table but I'm pretty sure that I'm a young adult.
 Vital Statistics
Table: Dragonborn Random Starting Ages Adulthood    Simple    Moderate    Complex
                                                          20 years    +1d8             +1d10    +1d12
Middle Age1    Old2    Venerable3    Maximum Age
120 years    170 years    220 years    +20d20 years )

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: December 17, 2013, 11:44:24 am »

(( Young adult is still young bud. You ain't gonna get an ability that strong without training and practice the same way none of us have substantial fighting abilities. ))
« Last Edit: December 17, 2013, 11:54:28 am by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: December 17, 2013, 11:54:10 am »

((I know I was just pointing out that I might as I am not a teenager but a young adult.))

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: December 17, 2013, 11:55:10 am »

(( Better off then me lol, I got the ability that I might live if I die, which does me no good what so ever in anything at all. At most I'm a mortally wounded guy who lives 1 more turn before my wounds or the enemy finishes me off. ))
« Last Edit: December 17, 2013, 12:02:44 pm by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: December 17, 2013, 01:46:09 pm »

Spoiler: Froggy Ninja (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Caerwyn (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Harry Baldman (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 17, 2013, 02:05:29 pm by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 71