Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 71

Author Topic: New Age Mercenaries: Tales of Hard Times (IC Thread)  (Read 40381 times)

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
Re: New Age Mercenaries (IC Thread)
« Reply #1005 on: February 09, 2014, 07:18:31 am »

Here I am again.

WhitusOpus
[1]You drive through the trade quaters and squares, your car moving smoothly and pretty silent while going at the low speed. Unfortunately, all the legal traders that would buy your fancy watches are closed that late. [6] But you easily recall the positions of the other ones. You drive down to the working quaters and reach for the old buildings of Industrial Quater, where lots of interesting to you folks dwell. There, you manage to sell the watches without any excessive questions about their origin, and get some more money - 3 Imperials, to be precise. Next, you skulk through the quaters in search for info-traders. This is an unofficial name for those who know enough about things happening in the Capital City to sell their knowledge. [4] You walk around the dirty quaters, looking for persons you think may be useful. Occasionally you meet the gang of armed men, who rush aside from your fancy trench - looks like they know something about it's previous wearer. That is interesting. You stop and turn around to them. A minute passes in complete silence before you lunge forward and grab one of them tight - the others yell and run away, leaving their buddy to you without a word. The guy you grabbed - a long-haired thug in a short coat that is obviously too large for him, squeaks something like:

- I did nothing, lemme go, I owe you nothing!

Ask him right questions, and you get your answers.

UltraValican
As you reach for a mentioned Inn, you see that this is a wooden building of two floors - first one is something like a hall with tables and chairs to seat, and second one is for rooms, you guess. You walk in, and a cheerful fat moustachios guy walks towards to you with haste.
This is the Inn-keeper. His name is Grod, as you learn form his obnoxiously friendly speech. You express your wish for a room, and pay the given price of 2 singuluses. Grod shows you a room and gives you a key. You thank him and shut the door. Then, you magic yourself up a meal of chicken. It is nice and tasty. Then you summon a sibgulus - it is covered with the strange engravings, which reveal its magic nature.

Alexandria
You walk around his shop, like if you were wondering about what it can offer, seeking for a family picture in fact. You find one - there is the trader, a mature woman who must be his wife, two younger ones who must be his daughter and one more boy who must be a son.
You remember their pictures and try to recall their images in trader's memory. [2] Unfortunately, you feel that those memories do not make him feel better. He remembers of something like everyday expenses related to his family, which is not completely what you wanted. He is in the same mood and gives you the same offer.
You quit this one and skulk for another weapon shops - in fact, three more are left. The first one you visit refuses to buy smallarms, and wonders for your rifles more. You try to enhance his opinion to fit your purposes, and [6] it seems you did too much. He is now striving to gift you with something, but refuses to get anything from you.

Caerwyn
Right side:

Channeling research room

Containing research room

Refining room

Storage room

Left side:

Control room

Transfusing room

Extraction room

Storage room
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: February 09, 2014, 09:16:08 am »

If there's a chair in the room put it up against the door and try to catch some z's
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

Alexandria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: February 09, 2014, 01:00:56 pm »

Let him give me whatever he wants ( Preferably money. ) then choose another shop and try the previous method again to sell the pistols.
The darkness was eternal, all-powerful, unchangeable.
She had stared into it for to many years, alone and unblinking, determined that it would not take her.
Now it never would.
Now she was lighting a candle.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: February 09, 2014, 02:16:04 pm »

Now I think I can wake up.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

WhitiusOpus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pro-radiation Lobbyist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: February 09, 2014, 03:55:03 pm »

((Hmm... Interesting way to make me have think a bit about my response :P give me a few, I'll think of it.))
Quote from: The Froggy Ninja
Young Masches: Fetch yonder blade!
Masches grabs his "sword." Navi gasps. Her aura flushes a pinkish hue and she flies out the window.

WhitiusOpus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pro-radiation Lobbyist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: February 09, 2014, 04:36:50 pm »

Shove the picture with the signature on it into his face, and wait for his response.
"Do you recognize this name? Also, don't worry, the person who wore this coat won't be needing it any longer, and I'm not with them."

He then grins dangerously, making the man more disturbed than comforted,

"But that doesn't mean you shouldn't be afraid of me. Besides the point, why are you so afraid of the men who wear these? Who are they?"
« Last Edit: February 10, 2014, 11:43:18 am by WhitiusOpus »
Masches grabs his "sword." Navi gasps. Her aura flushes a pinkish hue and she flies out the window.

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: February 09, 2014, 10:29:07 pm »

Ooh, Storage Room! Let's loot it!

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: February 10, 2014, 02:32:53 pm »

UltraValican
You look around - the room you got has a bed with proper stuff (like pillows, blanket, etc) folded in it's head, a small table, a chair and a table with a single candle on it. Everything carved in wood in a bit rough, but still nice manner. You get the chair and bar the door with it - just in case. Then, you make yourself up a bed and jump into it. It is warm and soft there, so you fall asleep fast after a long time in woods.
Screaming women. Chirr of a machine guns. Fires. Steel crosses of Men on bloody-red banners. Dark figures in brown coats rushing the burning village. You head towards a shabby hut, and bust the door open with your steel-reinforced boot - someone tried to bar it, but their puny attempt doesn't stop you. Inside, you see a woman and two little children she hugs. She cries and tries to talk to you, but you can't understand the language. Her message is pretty clear, but not like you care. You feel something heavy in your hands - just before you understand what is it you squeeze the trigger and machine gun spits out death upon them.
You wake up in cold sweat.

Alexandria
He gifts you an Imperial and wishes you good luck as you leave. You head to the next shop here. It is just on the other edge of the quater. Here, you try enhance the mood of trader, wich results into [2] failure. But he is still eager to buy whatever you offer, for his buisness is not going too well and his supplies are short since the war ended. His offer is 5 Imperials for both pistols and munitions. He has not much of assortment, though - in fact, he only sells various handguns. You can even see that one of those seems to fit you by size.

Rolepgeek
((That is how the real roleplay of sleep is done  :) ))
You open your eyes and stand up. Gerruce is right here, at yours side - sleeping on the floor near to your bed. The sun is rising - you can see it through the window. The morning is rather frosty, but just fine for you. You adore the sunshine for a moment before hearing knocks at your door - a slightly muffed voice (familiar to you already) asks if you wanna go or not.

WhitusOpus
While you speak, face expression of that punk changes several times. As you show him the picture with Sheryl's, he opens his mouth like if he would like to say something, but as you speak that you are not the original coat-wearer, he not just only shuts it, his whole face expresses daring intensions and he'd already start to spit verbal shit upon you, but your grin and statement of danger make him shut up again. He still feels hmslef more confident than he was before you started to talk to him, because now he knows you're not one of them. He keeps his mouth shut for a moment, then murmurs something like "fuck you".

Caerwyn
You follow a room on the right with your whole group, led by desire of loot. Zigfried puts his hand inside the key hole, and big reinforced slides in and left. As you go in, you see crates, crates, crates and crates over crates with a little more of crates. Markings on most of them say that those are canned food. But as you crack one of thу last, the one that stands in a very corner, under all the others open, you see, all of a sudden, a cloth. It is surely wrapping something. You tear it and cut it, until something yellow shows up. Gold. In ingots. Each has a symbol of steel crosses on it, as well as the highest probe mark. You're rich! RIIICH!
You still have another storage room on the opposite.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: February 10, 2014, 04:23:49 pm »

I gather my things, disbar the door and ask about the Elders and see I can have an audience with them
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

Alexandria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: February 10, 2014, 04:55:57 pm »

Sell the pistols and ammo that goes with them, then head to a hunting store and look for scopes that fit our rifles. Preferably scopes that can be adjusted to fit different ranges.
She had stared into it for to many years, alone and unblinking, determined that it would not take her.
Now it never would.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: February 10, 2014, 10:27:15 pm »

"Yeah, give me a minute, friend. Need to collect my things, is all."

Then, Jaster sets about doing exactly that, before heading out to meet with his new companion.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

WhitiusOpus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pro-radiation Lobbyist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: February 11, 2014, 10:59:29 am »

Turn him around, and slam him into the alley wall.
Jakob's grin grows wider, and his eyes more maniacal.
"Listen here you little shit. Your life is meaningless to me. I don't care if you die, I can find another like you. Better yet, you should be more afraid of me, than the man who wore this. I killed him. I killed them all. Now answer my questions, before I decide you're a waste of time."

If he doesn't give me answers, slam him face first into the ground. Start grinding my boot onto the side of his head.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2014, 02:22:46 pm by WhitiusOpus »

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: February 11, 2014, 12:33:08 pm »

UltraValican
((Well, it is, like, 2 a.m. now. They're most likely to be asleep. You may have a nap until morning or do some nightwalking.))

Alexandria
You do sell the sidearms, getting your money and shaking hands with a now cheerful merchant. Then, you go to the last shop left in city - the hunting-oriented one. There, you see the scopes before even entering - they are exposed in showcases. Those are long brass pipes, nearly as long as the barrel of the rifle they are suppose to be mounted at. And you see no regulators on them - looks like they are calibrated for one specific range. The long one. Maybe something more is inside? You walk in, and see the holder cleaning his rifle at the opposite side of the room. You ask for scopes, and he suggests you those you saw in the showcase. Those are pretty cheap - 15 singuluses - and fit just nicely for hunting. You ask for something combat-oriented, and the answer is that by law of Empire of Men free-trade of battle-oriented weaponry and assesories should be performed only by license, which he hasn't enough money to buy. So he hasn't those. However, as your sight glimpses on his rifle parts, you spot the short barrel of steel with a few regulators on it. You spot the glass in it's fronts. As the trader sees what catched your attention, he moves that away quickly, and continues to assemble his rifle from freshly cleaned parts.

Rolepgeek
You gather your poor belongings scattered around, then open the door and behold the same picture you saw yesterday - crumpled uniforms, now with a brown duster over them, a long case behind his shoulder and cheerful expression on the face. while looking over your shoulder, one of the eyebrows of your new companion comes up:

- Ahem. This.. thing.. right behind you.. is it supposed to be there?

WhitusOpus
((Now we're talking))
[4] You slam him into the wall of the nearest buliding before he realizes what were you going to do. His whole face is a mess of blood, mostly because of his broken nose, which now bleeds intensively. He spits a broken bloodied tooth out of his mouth.
- Okay! Okay! Stop it, I'll say whatever you want! Sheryl's is a fancy whorehouse hold by Nashe Delo - a thugged-out band of fancy pricks who have good connections to run whatever buisness they want. They like to wear fancy things, ike that coat of yours.
Sigs

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: February 11, 2014, 12:34:34 pm »

UltraValican
((Well, it is, like, 2 a.m. now. They're most likely to be asleep. You may have a nap until morning or do some nightwalking.))

Alexandria
You do sell the sidearms, getting your money and shaking hands with a now cheerful merchant. Then, you go to the last shop left in city - the hunting-oriented one. There, you see the scopes before even entering - they are exposed in showcases. Those are long brass pipes, nearly as long as the barrel of the rifle they are suppose to be mounted at. And you see no regulators on them - looks like they are calibrated for one specific range. The long one. Maybe something more is inside? You walk in, and see the holder cleaning his rifle at the opposite side of the room. You ask for scopes, and he suggests you those you saw in the showcase. Those are pretty cheap - 15 singuluses - and fit just nicely for hunting. You ask for something combat-oriented, and the answer is that by law of Empire of Men free-trade of battle-oriented weaponry and assesories should be performed only by license, which he hasn't enough money to buy. So he hasn't those. However, as your sight glimpses on his rifle parts, you spot the short barrel of steel with a few regulators on it. You spot the glass in it's fronts. As the trader sees what catched your attention, he moves that away quickly, and continues to assemble his rifle from freshly cleaned parts.

Rolepgeek
You gather your poor belongings scattered around, then open the door and behold the same picture you saw yesterday - crumpled uniforms, now with a brown duster over them, a long case behind his shoulder and cheerful expression on the face. while looking over your shoulder, one of the eyebrows of your new companion comes up:

- Ahem. This.. thing.. right behind you.. is it supposed to be there?

WhitusOpus
((Now we're talking))
[4] You slam him into the wall of the nearest buliding before he realizes what were you going to do. His whole face is a mess of blood, mostly because of his broken nose, which now bleeds intensively. He spits a broken bloodied tooth out of his mouth.
- Okay! Okay! Stop it, I'll say whatever you want! Sheryl's is a fancy whorehouse hold by Nashe Delo - a thugged-out band of fancy pricks who have good connections to run whatever buisness they want. They like to wear fancy things, ike that coat of yours.
Sigs

Alexandria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: February 11, 2014, 01:37:23 pm »

"Now now we don't work for humans unless they pay us to do a job and I'll give you my word on the honor of my race that we won't mention where the scopes came from. It's hardly going to be peoples primary concern anyway when they spot the howitzers we're bringing with us.

So let's try this again, what scopes do you have fit for more then shooting a deer?
"

Very gently nudge him to trust me as we talk, focus on my races reputation for honor as a means to inspire said trust.
Now it never would.
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 71