Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Redemption (Salvation remake) [Suggestion Game] OOC  (Read 3985 times)

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Redemption (Salvation remake) [Suggestion Game] OOC
« Reply #30 on: December 22, 2013, 01:17:00 pm »

Also, I want to point that while characters may have some fun time in port and\or midflight actions, IMO, they are mostly for excuse for various projects\actions. My is to babysit our own small fleet, Gotdamnmiracle's for medical actions when stuff go badly, Detoxicated, to work with fuels\materials\explosives\gases\whatever else chemistry and science related

Without them it would be too weird if we made suggestion like:  "We got some unknown alloy from a mysterious wreck and SUDDENLY we got a scientist specialized in alloys to analyze it" 
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 22, 2013, 10:37:07 pm »

I has found the OOC Thread! This post is pretty much a ptw in this thread.

A clarification on the Kat species since I have the impression that it isn't super clear what they are. It is a client race. That means the base DNA was taken from humans or closely related species such as monkeys and altered drastically, specifically for the Kats, the base DNA was human. It is not in any means a non-human sentient form of life. They came from humans via genetic modification experiments and still remains closely enough related to interbreed.

-Edited wording for moar clarity
« Last Edit: December 22, 2013, 10:39:35 pm by Kevak »

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
  • Or I'll cut ya to dust.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 22, 2013, 11:34:11 pm »

To above, I'm sorry, man. I think that most of us aren't comfortable with that sort of thing in this game. It's a tad to fanciful for me, atleast.

Ebbor modified his post in main thread. I bet it would be okay if you modified your character and it's bio.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2013, 11:43:11 pm by Gotdamnmiracle »
Go back see if he's there and run him over, and drink his gun!

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 23, 2013, 02:41:02 am »

Problem is... While DNA modifications could be possible:

a) DNA modification in a style - Woah! We now have a hybrid between a human and a cat is not scientific at all.
IMO, That's against the spirit of game

b) Xenophobia. Character like that would have very hard time joining any team of mercenaries or surviving in any frontier station. Same goes for his entire race. People of that universe aren't shy to orbital bombard each other with WMD, guess what would they do with a race of the fast multiplying mutants?

c) The whole backstory creates one association: Hello Mary Marty!

d) By amount of text you put in the backstory It looks like you expect to roleplay hard... But that game is about suggestions and turn based with sometimes weeks of game time passing between updates. Yep some suggestions may be in a form of character words, but this game shouldn't have several page long conversations.

e) The only thing I like is the specialty, drone\droid engineering can be rather fun addition to the game even if that makes our crew look like a bunch of nerdy engineers not mercs (small spaceships engineer, material engineer, military software engineer, now robotics engineer ):D

But it's not like we aren't going that way:) We got rather large workshop already. Chemical lab and med bay(biology lab?) are planned...

Also, when funds will allow, I plan to repurpose one docking bay into some kind of drydock, because cramping all tools in cargo bays will leave us without cargospace very soon
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 23, 2013, 05:11:06 am »

What kind of proofs are needed that we destroyed\disabled the mining drones? Something material or records from our computer will be enough?

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 23, 2013, 05:42:29 am »

What kind of proofs are needed that we destroyed\disabled the mining drones? Something material or records from our computer will be enough?
Ship logs are sufficient. All vessels are equipped with such black box systems which are hard to hack.

Sometimes, observers are also present, but you haven't seen any yet.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 23, 2013, 11:22:25 am »

Ooh, this is back? Can I join?
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 23, 2013, 11:27:57 am »

Sure

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 23, 2013, 01:34:49 pm »

Woo! Here comes the Owen!
Highly Opinionated Fool

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 23, 2013, 01:36:09 pm »

The ooc thread was intended for sign-up's actually.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 23, 2013, 01:43:47 pm »

Shall I move it then?
Highly Opinionated Fool

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 23, 2013, 02:05:20 pm »

Nah, it's fine. I'll add it to the list soon.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 23, 2013, 05:32:50 pm »

So, Ebbor, could you list what I need to change to get the character approved? Thanks.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 24, 2013, 03:32:01 am »

I'm, for the moment, sticking with the no non-human sapient rules. (AI's, and partial cyborgization exists, but both aren't well trusted.) Additionally, considering the amount of bioweaponry thrown around in the not so recent past, It's quite logical that genetic manipulation is under heavy restrictions.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 24, 2013, 10:54:47 am »

Questions:

1) How much drones we destroyed? 10 + 5 captured, right?
2) Are docking bays can hold only one Gnome\Mining drone or they are smaller than proper fighters and it's possible to host more?
3) Do we get reward for any drone, including security or only mining qualify?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4