Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: ??unreliable game??  (Read 3928 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: ??unreliable game??
« Reply #30 on: December 13, 2013, 04:46:43 pm »

Orcs = high population, Elves/Dwarves = low population isn't all that racist of an observation. It's like saying Orcs see better at night than Humans do, or that a properly trained and motivated cheetah would win a 100-meter sprint vs. a properly trained and motivated aardvark. Might as well complain when someone says Coca Cola is sweeter than carrots.
"I would expect elves to hold out against these brutes ten to one!" and "I imagine three humans are worth ten orcs" isn't racist? :P

(is anyone going to ever actually suggest a character thats not just a fantasy stereotype?)
Well aren't we picky.

What are you looking for, then? Something more specific/detailed/detailed in a different way, or just different for the sake of different?

I'll suggest clockwork aardvark golemsmith in the interim. Is that a fantasy stereotype as well?

Ninja'd:
(not specifically, just in general more material to work with than two words and 3 silly numbers, but it would be nice. Also, I hate elves you REALLY should have figured.)
Alright then. Probably should have just said that in the first place.

His name is... well, he's not sure yet. His creator, an eccentric wizard, never gave him a name, always making an excuse about "coming up with something fitting" which he never got around to. He's followed in these footsteps some, trying to come up with a proper name but not really managing. He sometimes just calls himself Cog, though he's unhappy with the lack of grandeur and implications of teamwork that such a name implies.

He's a clockwork creation, so naturally he feels the need to produce other works "similar" to himself. He's still not very good, so nowhere near the level of replicating himself, but that's what adventures are for.

He prefers mechanical golems, but they're harder to properly animate, so at the moment usually has to settle for standard, solid materials. He's interested in golems of all sorts, however, and so has a tendency to attempt to produce novel and bizarre types to see how they turn out. He can't heal outright damage naturally (though his energy can recover akin to a normal creature's stamina or low-level "healing"), but he's almost as good at repairing golems as he is at making them- and indeed, in complex cases like himself he's quite a bit better.

Whatever his name, at some point his creator "apprenticed him off," which was an odd way of giving him a wizard's hat, entirely too much money, several boxes of tools, and a one-way trip to some snowy human settlement in the mountains. Not knowing anything better, he proceeded to acquire a workshop in town and continue under the best tutor of all- experience. He's still not entirely sure what to do next, as the locals are mostly simple, even superstitious miners, trappers, and lumberjacks with little use for or faith in apprentice golems.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 13, 2013, 08:11:18 pm »

Much better!

These 3 characters are in, and thats enough characters I think. All are now open to suggestions from anyone. They live in the same neighborhood in a magitech city in the Altai mountains. Joe has been instructed by the Shade's Hand to recruit Patrick, who is currently in Cogs workshop considering purchasing a golem.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 13, 2013, 08:42:26 pm »

Alright then. Probably should have just said that in the first place.

His name is... well, he's not sure yet. His creator, an eccentric wizard, never gave him a name, always making an excuse about "coming up with something fitting" which he never got around to. He's followed in these footsteps some, trying to come up with a proper name but not really managing. He sometimes just calls himself Cog, though he's unhappy with the lack of grandeur and implications of teamwork that such a name implies.

He's a clockwork creation, so naturally he feels the need to produce other works "similar" to himself. He's still not very good, so nowhere near the level of replicating himself, but that's what adventures are for.

He prefers mechanical golems, but they're harder to properly animate, so at the moment usually has to settle for standard, solid materials. He's interested in golems of all sorts, however, and so has a tendency to attempt to produce novel and bizarre types to see how they turn out. He can't heal outright damage naturally (though his energy can recover akin to a normal creature's stamina or low-level "healing"), but he's almost as good at repairing golems as he is at making them- and indeed, in complex cases like himself he's quite a bit better.

Whatever his name, at some point his creator "apprenticed him off," which was an odd way of giving him a wizard's hat, entirely too much money, several boxes of tools, and a one-way trip to some snowy human settlement in the mountains. Not knowing anything better, he proceeded to acquire a workshop in town and continue under the best tutor of all- experience. He's still not entirely sure what to do next, as the locals are mostly simple, even superstitious miners, trappers, and lumberjacks with little use for or faith in apprentice golems.
So cool.  :P

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 13, 2013, 08:45:23 pm »

Orcs = high population, Elves/Dwarves = low population isn't all that racist of an observation. It's like saying Orcs see better at night than Humans do, or that a properly trained and motivated cheetah would win a 100-meter sprint vs. a properly trained and motivated aardvark. Might as well complain when someone says Coca Cola is sweeter than carrots.
"I would expect elves to hold out against these brutes ten to one!" and "I imagine three humans are worth ten orcs" isn't racist? :P
The first was the complaint, the second was actually the opposite ("Three humans can't beat ten orcs").

And you should be more specific if you want detailed characters. When your title is "??unreliable game??" (suggesting it won't be updating much) and your OP is this:
Suggest characters.
People don't bother with making detailed characters.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 13, 2013, 10:51:55 pm »

Much better!

These 3 characters are in, and thats enough characters I think. All are now open to suggestions from anyone. They live in the same neighborhood in a magitech city in the Altai mountains. Joe has been instructed by the Shade's Hand to recruit Patrick, who is currently in Cogs workshop considering purchasing a golem.

Oh man, this means alt-world fantasy Jamaica is canon.

Yush.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 14, 2013, 12:50:47 am »

((@GWG: Yea, I actually kinda figured I'd have to make clarifications like this. But I have a few aces up my sleeves and saying more would be spoilers.))
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 14, 2013, 01:56:11 am »

Posting to watch.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 14, 2013, 09:50:14 am »

Cog: Try something from that book that fell through that weird portal, A Beginners Guide to Killbotics.

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 14, 2013, 10:42:39 am »

ptw/p

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 16, 2013, 07:44:41 pm »

((awaiting more suggestions still))
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 16, 2013, 07:47:15 pm »

((awaiting more suggestions to base my suggestions off of still))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 16, 2013, 08:16:50 pm »

We don't even understand what our characters are, can do, want to do, or should do.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 16, 2013, 08:17:34 pm »

Hence the waiting :P.
Pages: 1 2 [3]