Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Talk about Threetoe's stories... where?  (Read 549 times)

Thundercraft

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Talk about Threetoe's stories... where?
« on: December 12, 2013, 03:53:02 am »

Quite a while ago (months? years?) I remember reading one or more topics/threads in which Threetoe's stories were discussed.

But I've tried several searches now and I can't find such a thread. Am I just not looking back far enough?

hermes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Talk about Threetoe's stories... where?
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2013, 03:57:45 am »

In the announcements forum each story has its own thread.  Hope another one is on the way too.   :)
We can only guess at the longing of the creator. Someone who would need to create one such as you. - A Computer
I've been working on this type of thing...

Thundercraft

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2013, 05:17:39 am »

Well, yeah. He is a good writer. (Though, personally, I dislike tragedy and dark endings. So I enjoy some more than others. This reminds me a bit of Bott's Every-Flavour Beans in the Harry Potter stories. :P)

However, I think it's unfortunate that each story has its own thread. That means they're spread all over the place and one really has to dig to find the thread for a certain story. I may not get around to reading some stories until many months later, by which point the discussion thread is old and I can't comment without becoming a "necromancer".

It'd be much better to have a central thread to discuss all of Threetoe's stories. After posting just one comment it'd be easy to keep track of updates and read what others have to say about the stories. And it would never be too late to comment about a story he did a long time ago.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2013, 05:34:53 am by Thundercraft »

smirk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2013, 11:32:37 am »

He hasn't written a new one in quite a while, sadly. I think there used to be a thread somewhere that covered the little donation stories that people get, though, with the ASCII art and all. Somewhere on these boards o_o
When i think of toady i think of a toad hopping arround on a keyboard
also
he should stay out of the light it will dry out his skin
his moist amphibian skin

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2013, 11:49:23 am »

However, I think it's unfortunate that each story has its own thread. That means they're spread all over the place and one really has to dig to find the thread for a certain story. I may not get around to reading some stories until many months later, by which point the discussion thread is old and I can't comment without becoming a "necromancer".

It shouldn't take much digging.  Here's all the threads on one page.  It's fine to necro the thread as long as you have something to contribute.