Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: D&D 3.5-Scifi/Coreward Bound (Sign-ups and Character Creations-3 Spots remain)  (Read 7878 times)

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile

Yaaay!

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

And as a nice ((Slash nasty :P )) surprise, I have a sheet somewhat ready. Needs a little input to get done, but it's got the basics down!

Link! -> http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=741269
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So I made a Paladin/Ship-Of-The-Line. Going to act as a secondary melee combatant/healer (Potentially dipping into a buffing role later depending on party composition.)

Sheet as a ship
Sheet as a D&D character (The exact same as the ship obviously, but without the renaming of things so you can actually understand what is going on mechanically with my character.)

It's not quite finished, specifically it still needs a backstory and a inventory. Also whenever Dwarmin gets back I need to ask him if I can roll weapon familiarization before the game starts. If he says yes I will be trying that on bastard swords, and if he says no or I fail I will be getting long swords or possibly Scimitars. All three weapons are in the sheet currently because I can't decide.

I'm also certainly going to get a wand of cure light wounds with what's left of my starting cash, I think I will just barely be able to afford it since we have such a large starting bonus.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile

I'll play.

Would it be possible for me to make a Shadowbane Inquisitor Build? Dat Smite~
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile

Can someone give me pointers on doing the sheet? I can't figure out how to condense the two sheets I made into one.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I would certainly be willing to help Gamerlord. But I can't actually access to your ships sheet. That said, it's certainly not hard.

The way I understand it is that currently you just make make a normal 3.5 (and all of the homerules) character. The "conversion" is just for fluff and currently has very few mechanical effects. Don't worry about what stats are coming from your pilot and what stats are coming from the ship.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile

Oh, okay. Something that's been bothering me, what do weapons (sword, dagger, crossbow, etc) translate over to?

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The only guidelines for that are

Bludgeoning=Beam Weapons
Piercing=Mass Drivers
Slashing=Missiles and Rockets

Which is obviously a pretty light hand. Presumably at some point it will be slightly more codified but honestly ether way it does not mechanically matter, so just make up a name that sounds cool and go with it.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile

Alright. Thanks!

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile

Essentially, your weapons are now the cannons of your ship. Instead of melee, we have close-range weapons. Flavor exactly what they are and how they work as you want.

As far as your combination goes, the ship gets your physical stats and the skills associated with them, while your captain gets the mental section. Most of the sheet will focus on the ship.

Cript. isn't the Bastard Sword an exotic weapon when wielded in one hand?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile

Yes, it is.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile

Sounds interesting. I'm scrape up a sheet.

So I made a Paladin/Ship-Of-The-Line. Going to act as a secondary melee combatant/healer (Potentially dipping into a buffing role later depending on party composition.)

Sheet as a ship
Sheet as a D&D character (The exact same as the ship obviously, but without the renaming of things so you can actually understand what is going on mechanically with my character.)

It's not quite finished, specifically it still needs a backstory and a inventory. Also whenever Dwarmin gets back I need to ask him if I can roll weapon familiarization before the game starts. If he says yes I will be trying that on bastard swords, and if he says no or I fail I will be getting long swords or possibly Scimitars. All three weapons are in the sheet currently because I can't decide.

I'm also certainly going to get a wand of cure light wounds with what's left of my starting cash, I think I will just barely be able to afford it since we have such a large starting bonus.

Crypt, could you link me to info on Goliaths and Large build feat? A google search didn't really bring up anything but a homebrew feat for Powerful Build, because that seems like a hugely powerful thing to have.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2013, 12:42:48 pm by GiglameshDespair »
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile

Spoiler: Goliath Traits (click to show/hide)

Powerful Build happens to be my all-time favorite racial feature :P.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile

Damn, that's powerful.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile

Indeed.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6