Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: D&D 3.5-Scifi/Coreward Bound (Sign-ups and Character Creations-3 Spots remain)  (Read 7875 times)

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Cript. isn't the Bastard Sword an exotic weapon when wielded in one hand?

That is why I said I have to ask Dwarmin if I can take advantage of weapon familiarization before the game starts. If he says yes I will pregame buy a bastard sword and try my luck, if he says no or if I fail my familiarization rolls I buy also different weapon. Actually I am a little surprised that you are not asking the same thing about familiarization for your fullblade, your single feat can be quite a lot to spend in a one off adventure for like two more damage.

Damn, that's powerful.

Yeah. I'd certainly say that Goliath is a pretty good option. And specifically in this particular game. It's also my favorite race flavor wise, so that's a plus.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile

Cript. isn't the Bastard Sword an exotic weapon when wielded in one hand?

That is why I said I have to ask Dwarmin if I can take advantage of weapon familiarization before the game starts. If he says yes I will pregame buy a bastard sword and try my luck, if he says no or if I fail my familiarization rolls I buy also different weapon. Actually I am a little surprised that you are not asking the same thing about familiarization for your fullblade, your single feat can be quite a lot to spend in a one off adventure for like two more damage.
Because that seems like a blatant exploit to me?

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well that seems a little odd considering that the game is at least made with the idea in mind that you shouldn't have to spend feats on weapons. But maybe yeah? If it makes you feel bad I can switch to long swords. It doesn't matter that much to me and I would certainly not want to make the fullblade wielder to think I'm not playing nice.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile

Heh, my fullblade actually does exactly the same amount of damage as one of your bastard swords :P.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile

Having dual bastard swords does kind of feel a bit over board for damage, doing twice what anyone else does.

If symbol of deaths were cheaper I had an amazing idea fluff wise about how they could work. Ah well.

I want to make a real sneaky bugger. What would you guys say would be best for that?

You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile

Having dual bastard swords does kind of feel a bit over board for damage, doing twice what anyone else does.

If symbol of deaths were cheaper I had an amazing idea fluff wise about how they could work. Ah well.

I want to make a real sneaky bugger. What would you guys say would be best for that?
Kobold Stealth Interceptor.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That's a fair enough sentiment really. So I've replaced my duel bastard swords with a Scimitar and a Heavy Steel Spiked Shield. More rules legal (and more likely to actually work) which brings a double attack down to +4/+4 1d8/1d8 and -2 to ac.

Kobold Stealth Interceptor.

Yeah. This might be the answer. Although we do have a guy who has already pretty much made exactly that. So who knows.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh, so someone has already made a kobold interceptor. What gaps do we have?

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile

I think we could use a cleric. Or a mage if/when GWG fails to complete his sheet.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile

*grumble*

I'll get on it when I get my laptop back.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile

By the way, a monk could be a boarding craft, and unarmed strikes could be ramming attacks. It requires special training to get that close to the enemy ship while avoiding their weapons, after all. That way the Monk Death Punch could be sending infiltrators aboard the ship to assassinate the captain :P.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hmmm... how do domains work? I have the basic cleric spells, and then I choose a domain? I'm not sure how some spells will work in space-wise.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile

Domais are ancient technological secrets.

Give me a spell and I'll reskin it.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, each cleric starts with one domain, isn't it? Or is it two?

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile

Two.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6