Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: D&D 3.5-Scifi/Coreward Bound (Sign-ups and Character Creations-3 Spots remain)  (Read 7877 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile

D&D 3.5 Scifi RP/Coreworlds Bound (Turn 1/20)

We used the world up. We went out into the black-in new, powerful ships of steel and ceramic, on rocket powered wings and solar sails. We made new worlds...Elves, Men and Dwarves-different, but the same. We still never learned a thing. Our troubles followed us to the stars.

We still need heroes.

But, no one was born a Hero-they are made, typically by the times. This is where you are...just another Freelancer, working for for Pelacorp-guarding the freighter caravans as they make the dangerous journey through the mid-rim to the gleaming core worlds-where rest and luxury await, safety and plenty-and your paycheck. But...even a few barrels of food are likely to attract trouble, these days. Plenty enough for you to handle, hopefully. You've just got to get there, first.

Method of play: Roll 20.net
Method of chargen: 36 Point Buy, Starting Level 1, Max HP+10 (Feat)
WBL: 1500 'Gold Credit' or 'GC' ((which is the same as gold))
Concept: Essentially D&D 3.5 in SPACE! :P Just make a level 1 character using the standard D&D 3.5 rules, as modified by the houserules below. But keep in mind-you're designing both a character and his or her personal spacecraft-INT, CHA and WIS are more likely to be your own personal skills whilst STR, CON and DEX are more related to your ship. Most combat rules are unchanged-but nearly everything is fluffed differently. Greatswords are now powerful missile weapons you install on your ship instead of 'wielding', for example. This is a fairly experimental idea, so first just make a LV.1 character, changing nothing-and we'll start jury rigging everything from there. Note, this game is going to be heavy on RP to make up for (in my opinion) fairly simple combat system. Lore exists as we write it-this is a D&D future, where Orc Warlords pilot battlecruisers and Kobold snub fighters swarm from derelicts to attack the unwary, so design accordingly! When designing a char, also design what sort of craft they are flying.
House rules:
Spoiler: Space Centric Changes (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ranged weapons (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: general (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Skills (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Feats (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Items (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: More changes (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Class changes (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: December 12, 2013, 06:05:54 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Reserved for whatever.

Ya can post below this.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile

Posting to... watch, I guess. I don't exactly have the 3.5 rule books on hand to make a character.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh, well here's all you need. :P

http://www.d20srd.org/ <-Basic Rules
http://www.myth-weavers.com/forumhome.php <--Make  sheet here
http://plothook.net/tools/pointbuy.htm <--Point Buy

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile

PTW

Will the activity of this game be posted on here? I'd like to see what content you guys can come up with. :D

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

@3man: This is a brainstorm thread for OOC, and making characters-the Game Thread will be separate.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Huh. This is a interesting idea.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile

Dwarmin I'll totally see if I can make time to come up with a sheet. Otherwise I will also ptw.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile

In with a DR Barbarian, I think. IGS Iron Aegis

Wow, Fullblade does so much damage.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2013, 03:27:54 pm by Remuthra »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh wow, I actually got A player. :P One more than I had hoped!

That's pretty much exactly the sort of thing I was hoping for Remuthra.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile

Reserving and working on the sheet.

DAMMIT. Got another site? Mythweavers does not like my email, the discriminatory bastards!
« Last Edit: December 12, 2013, 06:10:46 am by Gamerlord »

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile

Yay!

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Reserving and working on the sheet.

DAMMIT. Got another site? Mythweavers does not like my email, the discriminatory bastards!

Uhh...why dose not mythweavers like your email? O_o

I'm not sure of what other sites have sheets that easy to read.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile

Are we still using weapon sheathing and unsheathing? It seems as though that might be automatic on a ship where the weapons are all fixed into place.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6