Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: D20 Starfighter Conversion-Game Idea+Interest Check  (Read 1352 times)

cheesemcmuffin88

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: D20 Starfighter Conversion-Game Idea+Interest Check
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2013, 09:30:58 pm »

You know what im in

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
  • And again everything goes wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2013, 10:16:03 pm »

This is interesting, i just don't know how D&D3.5 works (i was just plan lost trying to read the rules of 4th edition).
Edit: i just find it a lot like this
4e sucks. It's not much like 3.5.

Isn't the hate for 4e why Pathfinder and the like exist? Also I'd totally be in but I have no in depth idea on how to play 3.5. Stupid inability to find rulebook/lack of money/no tabletop RPG playing friends
I (somehow) wield a marble coffin that i fill with the corpses of all I have slain (to make an already heavy object even heavier) in one hand, and the other holds a book made out out of fucking platinum. The book can crush skulls, and the coffin grows ever stronger and now that is has a few dead dragons in it, it sends people flying a mile backwards to explode in a pile of gore. Gore which I then place into the coffin,

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2013, 11:07:42 pm »

Obviously, some things wouldn't work. Druids Wildshaping, almost certainly not-though, I'd love to hear some idea.
Routing power to different systems to switch between effective loadouts? Depending on the setting, some amount of physical transformation might not be out of line either.
Which reminds me...Space. Why do some ships take up 5 times as much space as others?
Different size constraints and job specifications?
1. My math's off, I forgot to multiply. Colossal spacecraft would take up 125 times as much space as Medium spacecraft...and Tiny spacecraft would take up 0.2% the space of the S.S. Gold Wyrm.
2. This is space. A ship can be a meter long or a kilometer long, it's still going to be staying far away from nearby ships. If you're flying spacecraft--or aircraft, or seacraft, or any kind of -craft, really--close enough that you can high-five someone on the other ship (assuming you have spacesuits, of course), you're doing it wrong.

Also I'd totally be in but I have no in depth idea on how to play 3.5. Stupid inability to find rulebook/lack of money/no tabletop RPG playing friends
Magic!
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
  • And again everything goes wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2013, 12:10:15 am »

Also I'd totally be in but I have no in depth idea on how to play 3.5. Stupid inability to find rulebook/lack of money/no tabletop RPG playing friends
Magic!

Do you guys know where  everything on the internet is? Because it certainly seems like it.
I (somehow) wield a marble coffin that i fill with the corpses of all I have slain (to make an already heavy object even heavier) in one hand, and the other holds a book made out out of fucking platinum. The book can crush skulls, and the coffin grows ever stronger and now that is has a few dead dragons in it, it sends people flying a mile backwards to explode in a pile of gore. Gore which I then place into the coffin,

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2013, 12:13:11 am »

Someone on the Internet knows where everything on the Internet is.

Everything is somewhere on the Internet.

Therefore, someone on the Internet knows where everything is.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2013, 12:19:53 am »

I'm interested in this.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2013, 09:36:48 am »

All right, I'm getting alot of spotty interest, I suppose. Enough to start something.

I think I'm going to do a very limited campaign-starting level 1 and probably about 20 turns of gameplay. And we'll see what goes from there.

For now, it's going to only have the basic rule changes...
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2013, 03:42:22 pm »

Will you try a more extensive game if this goes well?

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2013, 04:17:48 pm »

Yeah, for sure...
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."
Pages: 1 [2]