Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Good or bad idea to resurrect this game?

Excellent
- 8 (47.1%)
Good
- 1 (5.9%)
Neutral
- 1 (5.9%)
Bad
- 0 (0%)
Horrible
- 1 (5.9%)
Cheesesteak Baconbuger fries!
- 6 (35.3%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37

Author Topic: Roll to Level/Sburb/Raise  (Read 56924 times)

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Level/Sburb/Raise
« Reply #510 on: April 12, 2014, 08:09:42 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Only one thing I have to correct.  "You" adopted the child when he was dragged out of a meteor crater.  (see: last sentence of the italicized portion.)  Other than that, your app is good.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: April 12, 2014, 08:14:18 pm »

"You"
Name: David Dave Robertson
Race: Timelord
Backstory: Obsessed with classic who David began his research into the possibilities of time and space travel as well as genetic engineering to make himself a timelord. He made both breakthroughs but was mocked by the scientific community. In his sadness knew how he would show them show them all. And thus he became The Professor a real life version of The Doctor.

Kid
Name of Kid: Dave David Davidson
Race: timelord

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: April 12, 2014, 08:52:17 pm »

"You"
Name: Danielle Wrythwia
Occupation: Architect of Denovia, the central city of the Medijs religion.
Race: Human Ragana (Witch)
Backstory: She remembers little of her background as a child. She remembers little things, such as journeys and dreams with some other kids in a place called the "Medium." But other than that, her memory fails her. It doesn't matter, though: what matters is her future. In a world where magic is accepted as the norm, she grew up as a prodigy in witchcraft and magical pursuits, helping to found a religion and shape the history of Denovia. Though that was some time ago. People have forgotten her now, only a slight name in the ocean of history. Her child, however, will change the course of the universe at a major cost...
Location of Residence: Denovia, the central city of the Medijs people.

Kid
Name of Kid: Krisander Wrythwia
Race: Human Ragana
« Last Edit: April 13, 2014, 12:57:45 am by DarkArtemisFowl »

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: April 12, 2014, 09:03:41 pm »

You
Name: Flimsy Wizard
Race: Wizard
Backstory: Flimsy Wizard thought he was a human, but it turned out that he was actually a wizard. He had always wondered about the name.

Kid
Name of Kid: Flimsy Wizard the Second
Race: Wizard

Also, I'm sad. I missed a full timeskip's worth of shenanigan opportunities. I couldn't wait to see what creatures imprinted with Fireball would be like.

poketwo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: April 12, 2014, 10:03:36 pm »

"You"
Name: Rick Joesph
Race:human
Backstory: Owner of a Company that is mostly based in the South of the USA, think the CSA states that tried to Seceded in the civil war. He has quite a bit of power there, but not much else power anywhere else. And due to multiple incidents in the past, he is very paranoid. He also has a urge to destroy something called "Homestuck", and is suspicious of any activity his son would do. He also does not want to die, due to his atheistic ideals. But he does not have enough power and money to attempt to prevent him from dying. So he will make his son be as much as him as possible. ((also, is it ok if he has limited Forth wall awareness, as in knowing as much about the other characters that is posted on this thread?))

Kid
Name of Kid:  Sirhc Joesph
Race: (Keep same as yours.)

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: April 12, 2014, 10:34:20 pm »

((also, is it ok if he has limited Forth wall awareness, as in knowing as much about the other characters that is posted on this thread?))

Only if they are also in the southern United States.

Edit: added a 'Current location of residence' to the Guardian aspect of the sheet so that this can be clarified.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2014, 10:37:05 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: April 13, 2014, 01:00:31 am »

Only if they are also in the southern United States.
Edit: added a 'Current location of residence' to the Guardian aspect of the sheet so that this can be clarified.
!Off-Topic!: ((I've just now noticed where I thought I was hearing your name before; your name reminds me of Zouchouten from Persona 3.

Man, that was a great game...))

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: April 13, 2014, 08:30:24 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Only one thing I have to correct.  "You" adopted the child when he was dragged out of a meteor crater.  (see: last sentence of the italicized portion.)  Other than that, your app is good.

((I have made corrections and simply edited said post. :P))
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: April 15, 2014, 10:37:27 am »

So Zan, is my sheet alright so far? And I think Froggy's chosen race seems to be a bit OP, to be honest.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: April 15, 2014, 11:01:18 am »

So Zan, is my sheet alright so far?

Yeah.  While you do have a fair amount of fame, it is in a niche area that most people don't know about...for now.

And I think Froggy's chosen race seems to be a bit OP, to be honest.

Yeah.  Especially since genetic engineering doesn't work that way (and we didn't have the level of technology required at the time of the setting) and since anything remotely close to time travel or slipspace (for lack of a better word to describe how the TARDIS moves through space) technology in the setting of the game.  DarkArtemis's sheet I can manage to fit it into the game through having the country being small and remote, possibly fallen.

Remember everyone: The setting as of now is a rough expy of the 1990's.  Some things, like a few other races besides human, a region locked company, or some new species of lizard being discovered, can be fit in, but technology and major historical events still occurred in a very similar way to our world.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: April 15, 2014, 04:18:39 pm »

Can it be they are completely delusional and simply think they are time travelers but are really just timelords with a weakened regeneration? Because to be fair timelords are just people but mildly psychic and harder to kill.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: April 15, 2014, 07:55:03 pm »

Can I be a wizard, or would the whole "mostly the same" thing wreck that?

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: April 15, 2014, 08:57:29 pm »

Can I be a wizard, or would the whole "mostly the same" thing wreck that?

You can still be a wizard, just be aware that magic is heavily persecuted and, nearly everywhere, highly illegal due to high level decisions under variations of The Guild of Mages vs. the Academy of Science, intense superstition, and its effect upon the three world wars (World War 1 was the second, World War 2 was the third <both were delayed by a few years due to the first>.  First World War detailed in next section)

(alt history: Missouri, Kentucky, and Maryland seceded from the United states, but were all recaptured under the efforts of Nathaniel Lyon in Missouri, Ulysses S. Grant in Kentucky, and George G. Meade in Maryland.  Eventually, a combined effort by Lyon and Grant resulted in the capture to Tennessee, and while Meade were working on pushing back Lee out of northern Virginia, Spain tried to take various islands in the Caribbean for what was going to be an invasion of the potentially weakened Confederate States, wanting the Confederacy's vast growth of reagents.  Russia and Germany, growing desperate for the Reagents, decided to aid the South, managing to get England to assist in breaking the blockade created by the Union.  Deciding to take an opportunity to make a jump on England, France drug in Spain, who had some of their ships fired upon by British not expecting them there, as well as various Arabic nations, who were promised to be allowed to spread their religion in France.  End result of the war was a situation in Europe similar to as it already was, but with Germany in possession of the Belgium and Switzerland areas, with France in possession of the Rhineland.  In America, the states west of the Rockies seceded from both the Confederates and the Union, forming their own nation, Cascadia, with control of Baja California, from where the eastern edge of the peninsula to the Rocky Mountains, then all the way up the mountains to Alaska, eventually possessing Hawaii by the time World War 3 starts.  The Confederates have possession of the areas they had in 1961, with the exception of Tennessee, west until the border with Cascadia, then south, having control of the Carribean and Central America, eventually building the Panama Canal in 1896 for the Trade Revenue.  The Union came out of the war with all of its territory in 1861, minus what joined Cascadia but with Tennessee, all of Canada east of the Rocky Mountains and Greenland, using the vast resources of the Canadian shield to become a powerhouse as Cascadia grew due to the double gold rush of California and Alaska, and the Confederates grew from its high level of control of the growth of reagents, all three eventually forming the North American Alliance, which would play the same role in World War 2 and 3 as the United States performed in World Wars 1 and 2, but with a greater role in 3 than the United States did in 2, due to the alliance of Russia, Germany, and Japan rather than Germany, Italy, and Japan.  Effects of this war was World War 2 not starting due to the assassination of Archduke Ferninand, but because Germany would not leave Belgium or Switzerland, and had wound up that the only difference after that war had wound up with Germany only losing those territories by the end of it.  World War 3 started due to the co Russian-German invasion of the Scandanavian Peninsula, which due to the discovery of certain reagents, as well as having potent leylines, and only being composed of one country, Norway, Sweden, and Finland having merged into Scandanavia in the 1870's, was a greater powerhouse that had called upon its allies at the time, England and France, to assist.  In tandem was an attack by Japan on Hawaii, which brought in the North American Alliance.  That war ended with Europe looking similar to how it had during the Cold War, but with it instead being between China and the North American Alliance rather than Russia and the United States.)
« Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 09:04:08 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: April 15, 2014, 08:59:57 pm »

((That's really detailed probably. sadly the text offends my eyes so I will not read it all. Also magic has been stated not to exist in Homestuck... Probably.))

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: April 15, 2014, 09:05:24 pm »

((That's really detailed probably. sadly the text offends my eyes so I will not read it all. Also magic has been stated not to exist in Homestuck... Probably.))

And that's the power of Post-Scratch Alternate Universes.  It exists here.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37