Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Good or bad idea to resurrect this game?

Excellent
- 8 (47.1%)
Good
- 1 (5.9%)
Neutral
- 1 (5.9%)
Bad
- 0 (0%)
Horrible
- 1 (5.9%)
Cheesesteak Baconbuger fries!
- 6 (35.3%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 37

Author Topic: Roll to Level/Sburb/Raise  (Read 56953 times)

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Level (Updates on weekends)
« Reply #495 on: February 02, 2014, 06:21:26 pm »

((Not really. And I'd have liked that we don't make stupid mistakes this early.))
((Wasn't the scratch planned, anyways? Zan said that this was kind-of like a test version of the game, and the Scratch would be the full version.))

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: February 02, 2014, 06:33:40 pm »

((I don't know. I just heard of the scratch thing and didn't really pay attention to it.))

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: February 03, 2014, 11:34:55 am »

Do stuff. Maybe go deploy cat-lady a punch designix. Pester the loonie elephant guy to do mine.
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: February 03, 2014, 04:33:36 pm »

Welp, I helped out the 'kitten lord'. Now to go back to the fun stuff! Explore!
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

aattss

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: February 03, 2014, 04:57:32 pm »

Attempt to learn how to draw/pull dogs out of nothing

blademan9999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: February 04, 2014, 01:06:50 am »

>Alchemize chain saw and sword to give, Chain sword!
Get my kernel sprite (can't figure out a good name) to give the kittens a test on their current ninja capabilities.

There is a massive magma snake moving in down stairs as well as a flood and a tunnel to hell also downstairs and you are worried about me putting my feet on the furniture.
GWG you are meant to be the sane one.
Just because the apocalypse is happening downstairs is no reason to abandon manners young wizard.

poketwo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: February 05, 2014, 05:09:32 pm »

Hit the goku imp in it's kneecaps. and hit it some more.

blademan9999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: February 09, 2014, 01:26:25 am »

(Whats happening?)
There is a massive magma snake moving in down stairs as well as a flood and a tunnel to hell also downstairs and you are worried about me putting my feet on the furniture.
GWG you are meant to be the sane one.
Just because the apocalypse is happening downstairs is no reason to abandon manners young wizard.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Level/Sburb/Raise
« Reply #503 on: April 12, 2014, 07:05:06 pm »

The Eleven had fought, united,
but they were totally unprepared for what had caught them.  The power possessed by the Lord of the Void was beyond all their possible abilities, even with the strength of those who had God Tiered, so a plan was made.  Half of the remaining would stall the Void King, while the others reached the grand scratch construct.  The scratch was made, and things seemed as if it would work, but, at the last second, the Void King managed to escape.  The remaining few watched as the plan fell apart, and they performed a mercy killing upon each other, in order to avoid the pain of the scratch.  Unknown to them, this was the one method of escape from a scratch that they could perform at the time, but they would be doomed to wander the dream bubbles for the remainder of their days...

However, you don't know any of what had happened.  While you are who those were, things were reversed.  Where your guardians once acted, you were now in that position.  You knew nothing of what had transpired, but when each of you found a single child in the crater of a meteor impact, you all knew that you had to prepare these children to the best of your ability for something big...

Yeah, I skipped over the session, but it has been so long, and I did say I was going to run a simulation where you were going to raise the next character, so here it is.  If you don't want to play, then make a post to have your sheet become an opening for another player.  If you do want to play this, fill out the sheets.  Don't go overpowered with your backstory and race, try keeping it at a maximum of 'famous, but not in charge of something too major (ie. universe, galaxy, planet, nation, large cult/religion, etc.)' in terms of backstory and around an average powered race (ie. dwarves, elves, humans, khajiit, sectoids, etc..  Not: Eldrich abomination, any race that has exceptionally superhuman abilities (psions, kryptonians, Xcom Mutons/Etherals, etc.)  Remember: the kid is supposed to start out as you.

Spoiler: KJ1225 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Lenglon (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Blademan9999 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: DarkPaladin109 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Poketwo (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dorsidwarf (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: ElephantParade (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: TheFroggyNinja (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: DarkArtemisFowl (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Birdy51 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Opening 2 (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 28, 2014, 06:27:13 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: April 12, 2014, 07:12:17 pm »

((Hooray, it's back. So, we're going to play the guardians now? Is it going to be the same as before or something different, gameplay wise? Nevermind, read the updated OP. Gotta say I didn't expect the game to take such a turn early on, rather I expected something like EP turning into a giant elephant and fighting me or something. I also propably wouldn't ever get the incentive to read Homestuck, so I guess I'd thank this game for it.
Still thinking up the sheet.))
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 14, 2014, 03:07:18 pm by darkpaladin109 »

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: April 12, 2014, 07:18:13 pm »

((Hooray, it's back. So, we're going to play the guardians now? Is it going to be the same as before or something different, gameplay wise?))

Internal mechanic of rolling levels is going to remain, but your actions will instead be geared towards guiding the kid's life to make the ready for the game, each action slowly causing a stack up that will eventually cause the kid to have various bonuses and penalties to actions they perform in the next edition, wherein you will control the kid you raised in their journey through their version of Sburb/Sgrub.

Edit: Made some slight changes to app to include information about the kid as well.

((rather I expected something like EP turnign into a giant elephant and fighting me or something.))

Really, anything could have happened between where the game was at and where the eleven worked together to beat the Void King since the skip is a Noodle Incident.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2014, 07:23:27 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: April 12, 2014, 07:22:53 pm »

Name:  Roger 'Chip' Johnson
Race:  Human
Backstory:  Roger used to be a carpenter who worked with his family. He was also a biker and currently dabbles in messing with computers and wood working when he has time. He enjoys cooking as well. He married his current wife and moved to Florida with her and they currently live on a long stretch of land. He also has a passion for guns and knives... and any other instrument of murder. He also has a passion for special operations operatives, their skills, and their missions with the SAS, Spetznaz, and Marines being the most common to be studied.

Kid
Name of Kid:  Kyle Johnson
Race:  Human

This is actually based on my dad. I'm not even making most of this up.

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: April 12, 2014, 07:26:36 pm »

((rather I expected something like EP turnign into a giant elephant and fighting me or something.))
Really, anything could have happened between where the game was at and where the eleven worked together to beat the Void King since the skip is a Noodle Incident.
((Meant like, before the Sburb elements were introduced. Also, is there some set world for this?))

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: April 12, 2014, 07:31:01 pm »

((Meant like, before the Sburb elements were introduced. Also, is there some set world for this?))

Oh.  Meh, still could have happened in the skip.

World is circa 1990's, but will contain selected races (ie. history modified to include them) and some minor changes for backstory to fit (no major events modified, but a few shifted around.)  So it's 1990's with 'In Spite of a Nail' for most things that would cause a change to it.  Note: Magic and similar stuff can exist, but it has to be discovered by one of the players.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: April 12, 2014, 07:53:31 pm »

((I may try my hand at this... I have a thematic idea. :P))

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 13, 2014, 08:34:06 am by birdy51 »
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 37