Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Good or bad idea to resurrect this game?

Excellent
- 8 (47.1%)
Good
- 1 (5.9%)
Neutral
- 1 (5.9%)
Bad
- 0 (0%)
Horrible
- 1 (5.9%)
Cheesesteak Baconbuger fries!
- 6 (35.3%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 37

Author Topic: Roll to Level/Sburb/Raise  (Read 57247 times)

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Level (Doomed Timelines Averted Counter: 1)
« Reply #240 on: December 28, 2013, 01:25:14 am »

Well I was just informing the GM of the habits of Sprites and I feel I have valid concern as the suggestion I read in the MSPA thread posted a while back was use Eridan or Kankri's sylladex and neither have had them on screen according to the wiki.

Don't worry, I have one for you.  Just kill the imp, and you will get it.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: December 28, 2013, 01:32:50 am »

Well I was just informing the GM of the habits of Sprites and I feel I have valid concern as the suggestion I read in the MSPA thread posted a while back was use Eridan or Kankri's sylladex and neither have had them on screen according to the wiki.

Don't worry, I have one for you.  Just kill the imp, and you will get it.

Can't we pick our own sylladexes? That might be interesting.

We need to be able to pick our strife specibi, at least. That's actually canon.

I'll probably be using Spellkind.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: December 28, 2013, 02:38:01 am »

Can't we pick our own sylladexes? That might be interesting.

We need to be able to pick our strife specibi, at least. That's actually canon.

It's going to be in that format because it is dropped by the first imp you come across, and the 'regular world' doesn't sell Fetch Modi.  The Strife Specibus you were going to get was going to be blank, so you would be able to choose that.
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

blademan9999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: December 28, 2013, 03:46:29 am »

I Changed my second action. Also what would happen if someone prototyped an imp or another sprite, especially beforehand if someone sent them the code beforehand. What if someone prototyped themselves. What would happen if someone prototyped sweet bro and hella jeff as their first prototype, that would probably screw things up.
Also action for kitten sprite: >Scout
« Last Edit: December 28, 2013, 04:48:20 am by blademan9999 »
There is a massive magma snake moving in down stairs as well as a flood and a tunnel to hell also downstairs and you are worried about me putting my feet on the furniture.
GWG you are meant to be the sane one.
Just because the apocalypse is happening downstairs is no reason to abandon manners young wizard.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: December 28, 2013, 04:08:08 am »

pick up some books again and Shepard them over to the computer.

Install Sburb client on my other computer. The server is on my laptop.
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: December 28, 2013, 05:19:24 am »

"Whatjusthappenedwhywastherearockaimedatmyhousewheredidtherockgowhydidyoujumpintotheflashythingwhathappenedtomyfoximissmyfoxcanihavemyfoxbackwhathappensnextimtiredithinkilltakeanapnow"
ask the piano-man before going back to my room and trying to take a nap again.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

blademan9999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: December 28, 2013, 10:36:06 am »

someone prototype something sweet bro and hella Jeff related as their per medium prototype
There is a massive magma snake moving in down stairs as well as a flood and a tunnel to hell also downstairs and you are worried about me putting my feet on the furniture.
GWG you are meant to be the sane one.
Just because the apocalypse is happening downstairs is no reason to abandon manners young wizard.

aattss

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: December 28, 2013, 11:02:11 am »

Install client

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: December 28, 2013, 11:48:37 am »

I Changed my second action. Also what would happen if someone prototyped an imp or another sprite, especially beforehand if someone sent them the code beforehand. What if someone prototyped themselves. What would happen if someone prototyped sweet bro and hella jeff as their first prototype, that would probably screw things up.
If someone tried to prototype themselves then presumably it would work and your game would end due to being an idiot.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Level (Someone managed to Prototype!)
« Reply #249 on: December 28, 2013, 12:30:08 pm »

Client-Server Chain 1

Advise as best as I can.

You advise the shit out of that hydra.  It seems to work, as you watch the hydra enter the medium.

Attempt to figure out what to do with my Cruxite Artifact.

By taking the advice of your server player, and throwing it against the wall, you break it and enter the medium.

Client-Server Chain 2

((Cool we already know our Hero of time. Also, I obviously assumed that would be me :.(. Also also, Pianos? Also also also, with such powerful prototypes *cough*DarkArtemisFowl*cough* I suggest we exploit the prudish nature of the elves.))
>I drop a rock on the imps head.

You drop a rock on the imp's head.  It deals 20 damage.

CA:Fuck who ever prototyped something useful into it!
Strife!

You aggrieve the imp with your M1 carbine (forgot to add weapon you wanted to allocate to your strife specibus)!  You deal 5 damage!
The imp aggrieves you!  It deals 12 damage!
You aggrieve the imp with your M1 carbine!  You deal 5 damage!
The imp aggrieves you!  It deals 6 damage!
You aggrieve the imp with your M1 carbine!  You deal 15 damage!
The imp aggrieves you!  It deals 6 damage!
You aggrieve the imp with your M1 carbine!  You deal 30 damage!
The imp has died!  You get a 9 card sylladex with the caste/spectrum modus!  You get more grist!  Your server can now place the Punch Designix

Spoiler: Your Fetch Modi (click to show/hide)

Cat-tailed Fox-Saiyan Imp: Dead
caligulusAquarius: 76 health

Client-Server Chain 3

explore my land. see if enemies have elf-ness.

You take your first steps out onto the roof of you house, and behold your land, the Land of Cities and the Eldrich.
You see that your enemies look like Elven Abe Lincolns dual-wielding flintlock pistols.

Client-Server Chain 4

pick up some books again and Shepard them over to the computer.

Install Sburb client on my other computer. The server is on my laptop.

You pick up some books and gesture towards the computer.  The fox-you sprite gives you a thumbs up, and drags your client over to the computer to install pesterchum, so you can contact him.  You then install the Sgrub Client, and have a near instant link-up with someone.

"What just happened? why was there a rock aimed at my house? where did the rock go? why did you jump into the flashy thing? what happened to my fox? i miss my fox. can i have my fox back? what happens next? i'm tired. i think i'll take a nap now"
ask the piano-man before going back to my room and trying to take a nap again.

(added spacing and punctuation so that I don't miss anything.)

"Whoa, slowdown.  Can you repeat that?  Slower."
You do as the person asks, and he responds, "I traveled back in time in order to prevent a doomed timeline that you would have caused by not entering the game.  That meteor was from the Reckoning that is currently screwing over the world.  The meteor impacted the ground where your house stood, but you were transported into the medium just in time.  I jumped into the kernalsprite to prevent from dying, because I am from a doomed timeline, and if I hadn't jumped in, then I would be doomed to die.  When I was prototyped, I kinda merged with your fox."  He points to the fox ears on his head as he says this, before continuing, "So technically I am still that fox.  No, because you can't unprototype."  The sprite then looks over and sees a book gesturing towards your computer, before going behind you, placing a hand on each shoulder, and gently directing you towards you computer, "What happens next is that you install pesterchum, so that you can contact your client and server players.  Napping is not a good idea, since some hostile creatures will be visiting soon, and you will need to fight them.

(Exposition!)

>Use kitten lord powers to recruit any kitten imps their are to my side. (Hey it worked for Tavros.)
Gain sylladex

You attempt to do so upon your first encounter with a imp with a kitten prototyping in your land, the Land of Fog and Snow.
However, this doesn't go over too well, since you got the title Kitten Lord by only declaring that you are one, rather than through gaining it through any telekinetic abilities.  The imp attacks you, and you watch as the Saiyan Cat imp develops Assassin's Creed Robes and magic aura.

Assassin Wizard Saiyan-Cat Imp: 75 health
(Blademan): 100 health

Unconnected

Install client

You take out your Sgrub server, shutting down the install process at the same time, and await a Sburb server connection so you can install.

Learn Create Profile.

Rather than use up a slot on something that can only be used once, you instead decide to learn Lesser Telekinesis.  It is a mid-level spell that can press buttons, from as small as keyboard keys to as large as a the size of your hand, from a distance of up to 10 meters.  Your ingenuity of thinking of using this spell instead of create profile causes you to level up.  In other news, your Sgrub server has managed to link up with a nerdy looking cosplayer.

Active, In Medium

Spoiler: KJ1225 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Lenglon (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Hydra (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Poketwo (click to show/hide)

Active, Out of Medium

Spoiler: Aattss (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: DarkArtemisFowl (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: TheFroggyNinja (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Elephant Parade (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: DorsiDwarf (click to show/hide)

Other Information

Spoiler: God Tiers (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Server-Client Chains (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Prototypings (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Land of ____ and _____ (click to show/hide)

Pesterlogs

Spoiler: TG <-> HG Pesterlog (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: CA <-> OS  Pesterlog (click to show/hide)

Basic strife commands beyond just 'strife' can be found here
« Last Edit: December 28, 2013, 02:06:25 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: December 28, 2013, 12:50:00 pm »

((While I respect your judgment I do believe that you should have chosen God-Tiers based on character's personality as opposed to randomly.))>I drop another rock on it.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: December 28, 2013, 01:11:23 pm »

>I drop another rock on it.

Note the very large WIP banner.

((While I respect your judgment I do believe that you should have chosen God-Tiers based on character's personality as opposed to randomly.))

I would have, but I didn't really have much to go on...after the scratch, when the actual people of Bay 12 are entering, I'll be asking for a short description of the player's personality in order to get a better fit.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: December 28, 2013, 01:40:05 pm »

You could've just used Ctrl + A and pasted it into a Notepad file.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: December 28, 2013, 02:08:29 pm »

You could've just used Ctrl + A and pasted it into a Notepad file.

Oh well, I managed to get it done.  Were leaving later than I expected, so I was able to get it out.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Level (See the bottom of page 5 for the most recent turn)
« Reply #254 on: December 28, 2013, 02:14:01 pm »

Spoiler: pestering OS (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 37