Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Good or bad idea to resurrect this game?

Excellent
- 8 (47.1%)
Good
- 1 (5.9%)
Neutral
- 1 (5.9%)
Bad
- 0 (0%)
Horrible
- 1 (5.9%)
Cheesesteak Baconbuger fries!
- 6 (35.3%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 37

Author Topic: Roll to Level/Sburb/Raise  (Read 57166 times)

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Level (See the bottom of page 5 for the most recent turn)
« Reply #270 on: December 28, 2013, 08:50:52 pm »

Will we have the enemies be made of different materials, like how John's were made of vaoius oils and such?

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: December 28, 2013, 09:40:40 pm »

Will we have the enemies be made of different materials, like how John's were made of vaoius oils and such?

Right now, the breakdown of imp materials is like this:
Cities and the Eldrich enemies are generally composed of shale and amber.
Fog and Snow enemies are generally composed of quartz and marble.
Fire and Brimstone enemies are generally composed of rubies and iodine.

In addition to the above, the first imp slain drops just enough shale to allow the creation of the Punch Designix, along with the Sylladex and blank strife specibus.

I've really got to pay attention to the page count I am using when I am listing stuff in the title.  Should be fixed now.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: December 28, 2013, 10:09:51 pm »

I've really got to pay attention to the page count I am using when I am listing stuff in the title.  Should be fixed now.
Yeah, I noticed that. A better solution would've been to remove the older post and just make a new post. Or post with a link to the old post.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Level (See page 17 for the most recent turn)
« Reply #273 on: December 28, 2013, 10:37:44 pm »

Yeah, I noticed that. A better solution would've been to remove the older post and just make a new post. Or post with a link to the old post.

Oh well.  Most people seem to be getting it.

@the froggy ninja
It's two session loops, but only 1 session.  Just like the troll session in Homestuck.
That would be true but it's not two groups of people playing SBURB or SGRUB it's one group of people playing SBURB and SGRUB.

I see I wound up reading that wrong.  I blame the phone.

Anyway, it shouldn't make too much of a difference.  The coding for both of them was quite similar.  Only difference being (in this) that Sburb can only link to Sburb and Sgrub can only link to Sgrub.

summon dwarven John Willis Booths armed with machineguns to kill the Lincolns.

It's a nonminimalist game, so this won't work.

By the way, are there people with servers who don't have client players?

Not anymore.  Aattss was running his Sgrub server, but he switched over to his Sburb Client.

I'm going to point out that your knowledge of classes isn't accurate in one case (there is no "serve". the opposite of destroy is create.) Although I rather not argue details, so http://bladekindeyewear.tumblr.com/post/37239149790/bladekindeyewear-theorylist

Well, it's not my chart.  It was just one I found on the internet that had the most information compressed into it.  However, serve could be interpreted as being the opposite of destroy if serving is analogous to your aspect being your ally, while destroy is analogous to having your aspect being your enemy.

I'm assuming my class is female exclusive because one of the other hydra heads is/was female?

Since the RNG gave you that, either that is true, or your pre-scratch counterpart is a girl.

I'm probably going to steer my Alpha character's personality towards either Mage of Mind or Mage of Rage.
I'm probably going to try and... steer towards a mind hero.

Um, if you are referring to your post-scratch self, based on the way the standard scratch works, only the classes are shunted around, not the aspects.

To those who try to argue with the above point:
Don't try to prove me wrong by calling out the 'Main' homestuck session of the humans, that one was blatantly called abnormal.  The only one that is normal that we have seen is the Troll sessions.  Also, don't forget that classpects aren't always assigned to a person's strengths.  They are more often assigned in a way to drag a person out of their comfort zones, kicking and screaming if necessary.
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Level (See the page 17 for the most recent turn)
« Reply #274 on: December 28, 2013, 10:41:07 pm »

Well fine then. I'll just be a wizard anyway, appropriate class or no.

blademan9999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: December 29, 2013, 12:14:22 am »

>attack imp with Chainsaw. Sprite: Scratch imp
(What would happen if someone prototyped an imp or another sprite, before or after entering the medium.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2013, 07:45:04 am by blademan9999 »
There is a massive magma snake moving in down stairs as well as a flood and a tunnel to hell also downstairs and you are worried about me putting my feet on the furniture.
GWG you are meant to be the sane one.
Just because the apocalypse is happening downstairs is no reason to abandon manners young wizard.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Level (See page 17 for the most recent turn)
« Reply #276 on: December 29, 2013, 10:25:38 am »

@the froggy ninja
It's two session loops, but only 1 session.  Just like the troll session in Homestuck.
That would be true but it's not two groups of people playing SBURB or SGRUB it's one group of people playing SBURB and SGRUB.

Anyway, it shouldn't make too much of a difference.  The coding for both of them was quite similar.  Only difference being (in this) that Sburb can only link to Sburb and Sgrub can only link to Sgrub.
Oh, I just thought that one group of people forming two separate Incipispheres.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: December 29, 2013, 03:27:34 pm »

Well fine then. I'll just be a wizard anyway, appropriate class or no.

Since it is going to be our reality, it's going to be impossible until you manage to enter.  However, once you enter, all you will need is some wands alchemized.

(What would happen if someone prototyped an imp or another sprite, before or after entering the medium.

Listen, I know you have a ton of questions, but right now, please stop.  I really don't have everything thought out, and I would much rather have any knowledge gained through in character experimentation rather than out of character explanations, okay?

Now I understand your confusion better.  I might have at one time had there be 2, but I remember reading somewhere that for each universe there is only one incipisphere.  I can't remember from where, though.

In other news, I still need the actions of Lenglon, Dorsidwarf, and possibly a revised action from Poketwo (second half can be done, but the first can't.  I'd prefer to know the weapon he is wanting to use.  Made sure that it is within reason, though.).  I would ask where Blademan got the chainsaw, but since noone can leave their house areas for any distance before reaching the first gate, I'm going to let it slide as the character ran back and grabbed one. 

Edit:
Spoiler: pesterlog (click to show/hide)
[/b]
I haven't actually created a profile yet.

What is your chumhandle going to be, by the way?
« Last Edit: December 29, 2013, 03:49:46 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: December 29, 2013, 04:20:17 pm »

Now I understand your confusion better.  I might have at one time had there be 2, but I remember reading somewhere that for each universe there is only one incipisphere.  I can't remember from where, though.
Then where is Fedorafreak? I think that the only reason that the trolls ended up in the same universe is because destiny.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: December 29, 2013, 04:26:47 pm »

Then where is Fedorafreak?

I don't know.  Therefore, shenanigans.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: December 29, 2013, 08:22:59 pm »

"WhatsoyouremyfoxnowormyfoxisyounoworwhatbutthenIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII"
Take a slow, deep breath, then try again
"You. Are. My. Fox?"
slowly reach out with my right arm towards him, and pat him on the head once. Then look up at him, my jaw trembling and my eyes wet, before bolting forward and tackle-hugging him and snuggling up against him.
"Imsogladyoureokandyoucantalknowandyouremyfriendandyouretakingcareofmeandthankyouthisissoawesomeandamazingandimsohappynowthankyouthankyouthankyou!"

After the above and my fox's reaction to the above, install persterchum (and ask the GM to link me to whatever I need to work with it. I know what it is in Homestuck but it seems like its an actual IM now or something? I don't know what I'm missing there) using the the chumhandle FoxyKitty (assuming it is available.)
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: December 29, 2013, 09:42:00 pm »

After the above and my fox's reaction to the above, install persterchum (and ask the GM to link me to whatever I need to work with it. I know what it is in Homestuck but it seems like its an actual IM now or something? I don't know what I'm missing there) using the the chumhandle FoxyKitty (assuming it is available.)

It is an actual service, but it appears that containing the conversation in a spoiler tag, then putting the format of a pesterlog inside, seems to be the simplest to use, especially when differing time zones is factored in.  Examples can be seen in the pesterlogs section of the turn.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2013, 09:45:17 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: December 30, 2013, 11:00:30 am »

((So what? you don't have to use vanilla rules. As OP you can change it as long as you think it will make it more fun.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: December 30, 2013, 04:30:03 pm »

((So what? you don't have to use vanilla rules. As OP you can change it as long as you think it will make it more fun.

Which rules?  I'm using the basic mechanics, and wherever it deviates I make stuff up and roll with it.  That is mainly why I don't like questions about game mechanics, because I have to spend time making stuff up that isn't really necessary at the time/for awhile/ever.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: December 30, 2013, 05:56:37 pm »

By rules I meant mechanics.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 37