Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 57

Author Topic: Limerick Mafia - AABBA [Game Over!]  (Read 122258 times)

+!!scientist!!+

• Bay Watcher
  • I came to have fun, but then I found !!FUN!!
    • View Profile
Re: Limerick Mafia - Snore [Day 4]
« Reply #750 on: January 31, 2014, 03:59:25 pm »

Ok, I'm confused for a variety of reasons, and while I have a lot of ideas swimming around in my head, I can't decide on who I think looks the most guilty. Last night just adds to the confusion, because jailing ToonyMan seems to have stopped the killing, even though it really shouldn't have. I know that there are at least four town roles, and that means there has to be a JOAT, which means that my action should have done nothing. The final outcome, therefore, confuses me greatly.

I'd really like to see some more discussion here so that I have more to work with, so I'll give us a chance to discuss some more.

+!!Scientist!!+: Extend.
"what are all these shapes? Why are they moving around. What do they want from me?"

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: January 31, 2014, 05:05:29 pm »

Vote Count:

Elephant Parade: ToonyMan
Superblackcat:
+!!scientist!!+: makeinu
makeinu:
ToonyMan:
NativeForeigner:

No Lynch:

Not Voting: Elephant Parade, Superblackcat, +!!scientist!!+, NativeForeigner

+!!scientist!!+ has used his extend.

Day 4 will last until Monday, 2/3 at 11 PM EST.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: January 31, 2014, 06:48:47 pm »

Good, it got extended. I'll be posting later tonight.
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving Gifts of Bad Luck
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: January 31, 2014, 07:06:06 pm »

I can't really tell who is town and who is not. At this stage, there isn't any drama going on, and the Vanilla townies was not very involved in the last one...

Elephant Parade: Hey there! Any reason why you aren't mafia and 2 of the other three are?

makeinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: January 31, 2014, 09:13:36 pm »

SBC: any reason why you aren't mafia and the other two are?

EP at least has stated reasons for his level of inactivity. You haven't. NF hasn't either, really.
In 2142, We made the Regenabots. They made us immortal. Now the year is 2165. Too many humans, and not nearly enough to go around. What have we done? Join this dark world today.

The Starcrash. A global disaster that destroyed our homeworld. The AI Council tries to hold us together. But some of us won't be kept in line. We are the Free Captains. We are Star Pirates.

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: January 31, 2014, 11:13:28 pm »

I was inactive for a weekend and a day. Which I stated the reason for as i forgot about bay12.

Anyways. No, There really isn't anything supporting me here. If Tiruin came up as Mafia, maybe, but as things turned out, All I did yesterday was tunnel on Tiruin, and she came up as SK, which doesn't support my case the least bit.

Also, stating reasons for inactivity= town, while not = not town?.

I don't see your logic here.

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Limerick Mafia - Double Tap [Day 2] [Replacement Needed]
« Reply #756 on: January 31, 2014, 11:25:13 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

After re-reading a little, I'd say I think the most townie of me is here. Because of the fact that I continued to vote TDS, in a way that Mafia would not buss. Meaning there was no reason to buss TDS, and if Someone wanted to, they could of pulled the vote off on TDS. I was also the 2nd to vote for him (After Tiruin, who kept voting, then unvoting, then voting, etc), the one who kept my vote on him the whole time.

There's not much other proof of myself being town other than that.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: January 31, 2014, 11:44:57 pm »

-snip-

But what makes the other two scum?

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: January 31, 2014, 11:52:37 pm »

That's what I'm trying to find!

makeinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: February 01, 2014, 12:11:26 am »

Ok, I'm confused for a variety of reasons, and while I have a lot of ideas swimming around in my head, I can't decide on who I think looks the most guilty.

How about starting with who looks frikkin' guilty at all? Because, right now, to me, you do. Despite what the logic of the situation tells me, that the setup dictates that there must be another town power role out there for this to happen, I'm having serious doubts over the fact that you're even still alive at this point. Jailkeeper is a seriously dangerous role for scum to face, and here we have a self-identified Jailkeeper that survived the night after he role-claimed.

Last night just adds to the confusion, because jailing ToonyMan seems to have stopped the killing, even though it really shouldn't have. I know that there are at least four town roles, and that means there has to be a JOAT, which means that my action should have done nothing. The final outcome, therefore, confuses me greatly.

What exactly are you trying to imply here? Why are you confused? One, the JOAT doesn't man  have automatic abilities, he has to declare the use of one of them. So, he'd have had to guess that you were going to JK ToonyMan and then declare a Strongman kill last night, for the outcome to be different.

Two, aside from that, what about the other possibilities? No one is confirmed town here, only strongly suspected, so what if any of the assumptions are wrong?

SBC:

After re-reading a little, I'd say I think the most townie of me is here. Because of the fact that I continued to vote TDS, in a way that Mafia would not buss. Meaning there was no reason to buss TDS, and if Someone wanted to, they could of pulled the vote off on TDS. I was also the 2nd to vote for him (After Tiruin, who kept voting, then unvoting, then voting, etc), the one who kept my vote on him the whole time.

Naturally you think yourself the most townie. Don't we all? What's the point here? We're not trying to figure out who's most townie, we're trying to find scum.

For the record, fixating on one target to the exclusion of all others, even when that target later turns out to be scum, doesn't make you look town. It makes you look single-minded and lucky.

What about EP makes him look scummy? What about NF makes him look scummy? Details, please, and stop trying to pass off "Well, I'm town so they must be scum" as an argument.

-snip-

But what makes the other two scum?

More, please. What suspicions roll around in that head? Who looks scummy to you? Why?

What makes you not scum?

Honestly, I get real life takes precedence, and I'm totally fine with that, but you presumably wanted to play here this round. I sense a logical mind and an intellect back behind there, but I'm not seeing any of that applied here. I'd very much like a bit of your time, if you don't mind.

I have a suspect for one scum, and a possible for the other. I'd like to wrap them both up, and lynch one of them today. In fact, we have to. We're at MyLo. If we lynch wrong, we lose tonight, almost certainly.
In 2142, We made the Regenabots. They made us immortal. Now the year is 2165. Too many humans, and not nearly enough to go around. What have we done? Join this dark world today.

The Starcrash. A global disaster that destroyed our homeworld. The AI Council tries to hold us together. But some of us won't be kept in line. We are the Free Captains. We are Star Pirates.

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: February 01, 2014, 12:48:08 am »

any reason why you aren't mafia

That's exactly the question I answered.

And I'm currently working on it, however I do need replies if I were to get anywhere. There has not nearly been enough activity going on between the townies, (Except for you)

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: February 01, 2014, 12:49:10 am »

makeinu: Currently, I suspect scientist for reasons previously stated. I have another vague suspicion, but I want to see how that pans out before I expand on it.

As far as what makes me not scum, I've been a little to inactive to have anything that's worth pointing out to reinforce my townhood. I had a few good interactions in the earlier days, I accurately assisted with the scum lynch (which, really, is big whoop), and I avoided tying the vote. None of that is particularly convincing or concrete, but that's really all I've got beside the fact that I know I'm town.

I certainly wanted to play effectively, but life got a lot more hectic and the game moved a lot more quickly than I anticipated. I'm giving Mafia as much time as I can right now, I'm splitting my days between several important things right now.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: February 01, 2014, 01:11:09 am »

Urgh. Sorry for the inactivity. I was unwinding after a stressful school week, and I didn't feel like doing much.

I can't really tell who is town and who is not. At this stage, there isn't any drama going on, and the Vanilla townies was not very involved in the last one...

Elephant Parade: Hey there! Any reason why you aren't mafia and 2 of the other three are?
This isn't even a question. I think that my actions speak for themselves, and I'm frankly too tired to go searching through my posts.

Please ask me a better question. This seems like an attempt at active-lurking to me.

I didn't action last night.  My plan was to bait the mafia into killing since they think the game would end if I were to kill as well, but that didn't end up happening it seems like!

I sadly can't confirm Scientist's block, since I received no PM, but I believe their claim of Jailkeeper and I can prove it in my thoughts below.

I wrote my thoughts down after Tiruin flipped SK:

///
The seven letters rolled:
HKK????

HKKP??? if Scientist is telling the truth (I believe they are...maybe...Pufferfish not using their ability on N1 is very suspicious).

Scum team has to be TTT or T with the SK flipped now.

If everybody is telling the truth then the letters we generated are HKKPTTT.  This means the scum have a goon and a JOAT left.

Scientist can't be lying because that would make 4 Ts and that doesn't have any serial killer...so Scientist is most likely telling the truth.  I hope he protects me Night 3.  :)

*Post-Edit*: It seems you did but not to protect me. :(

That also means out of the remaining players:

Elephant Parade
Superblackcat [E]
makeinu [E]
NativeForeigner

Two of these players are mafia, with at least one being a JOAT.
///

I don't believe Makeinu is mafia so the last two scum are in the group Elephant Parade, Superblackcat, and Nativeforeigner.

Elephant Parade, is Superblackcat or Nativeforeigner your buddy?  If you won't admit that, will you at least say who you find more suspicious?

As a side note, I will ridicule and make fun of people who vote me.  I am town.  On Day 2 DarkStar fake-claimed vig and I almost got lynched instead of him.  On Day 3 Tiruin fake-claimed vig and I almost got lynched instead of him.  I swear to God I am a town vigilante who hasn't shot for three days now.

I find Superblackcat more suspicious, as he hasn't been asking the best questions. NF's inactivity seems genuine to me.

Also, loaded question much.

ToonyMan, could you ask me more questions, please? You have been voting me for a while now, and yet you refuse to regularly ask me questions. You even threatened to nightkill me, for crying out loud. You're obviously suspicious, so why not try to confirm your suspicions by ASKING ME MORE QUESTIONS?

Also, why don't you think Makeinu is scum? Why do you keep targeting me instead of SBC? Why won't you do anything productive? I think you're trying to active-lurk by aggressively accusing me while and restating yourself repeatedly while not doing a whole lot else. I suppose you've also been determining letters, which is certainly useful, but not a replacement for actual scumhunting.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: February 01, 2014, 11:58:02 am »

Okay first, Makeinu isn't scum because his play all game has felt genuine and involved.  If he's scum then he got me, but I don't really see it...

Getting the scum reads of the final 3 suspects I think is vital, since as Makeinu pointed out and I seemed to not realize, is that today is mylo.  If we mislynch we'll be down to five, and if the mafia get a kill we'll be down to 4, which means town will lose.  I will almost certainly shoot tonight if we mislynch in the hopes of keeping the game alive.

Let's see the results!

Superblackcat:
FMPOV, it's gotta be 2 between makeinu, elephant, and NF. I'm more leaning for voting one of EP or NF.
The mafia are Elephant Parade and NativeForeigner.

NativeForeigner:
Currently, I suspect scientist for reasons previously stated. I have another vague suspicion, but I want to see how that pans out before I expand on it.
The mafia are Scientist and ???.

Elephant Parade:
I find Superblackcat more suspicious, as he hasn't been asking the best questions. NF's inactivity seems genuine to me.
Superblackcat is mafia, but not NativeForeigner.

If my suspicions are correct, two of these players are scum which means they would not vote their buddy if they're sane, since that would ruin their mylo and we have Scientist and me for them to worry about.

To put it into a riddle, we need to find out who is telling the truth of the three.  Let's first interpret what everybody is saying normally:

Superblackcat - "The other two townies besides Makeinu are mafia."  SBC's accusations perfectly line up with my kind of reasoning.  For what it is, I agree with this one the most.

NativeForeigner - "I agree with Makeinu, Scientist is really suspicious!"  I don't think Makeinu is scum, but I find his suspicions of Scientist as completely paranoid since it's only possible if one of the four vanilla townies is hiding their role for no reason whatsoever.  I will not allow a Scientist lynch.  I'm guessing NF's other suspect he's concealing might be me, since outside parties might think that Scientist and I are both lying in the most cleverest ploy ever, but sadly, this is not possible.

If Scientist and I were both lying, that would make 5 Ts, 5 Ts does have an SK, but only two mafia.  Since one mafia is already dead that means one of us would be town which is also, impossible in this case.

I guess it's possible Makeinu and Nativeforeigner are the scum team, but that's my least likely pick in the possibility of picks.

Elephant Parade - "Superblackcat would be one of the mafia, I don't think NativeForeigner is."  Similar to SBC's, but with a condition that NF is probably not mafia.  The middle ground of extremes between Superblackcat and Nativeforeigner.

Now let's reverse everybody's intentions:

Superwhitecat - "Elephant Parade and NativeForeigner are town."  This really doesn't make any sense.  If SBC is mafia they would have to be hiding their intentions on who actually is mafia, since one of Elephant Parade or NativeForeigner is almost certainly mafia.  This is a very common mafia tactic.

ForeignNative - "Scientist is town."  I can agree with this.  I suppose this also implies that the mafia would be two of the vanilla townies too, but I would be really twisting that implication out.  I think NativeForeigner (and Makeinu) is town or a pretty haughty mafia to blatantly suspect somebody who is almost certainly town.  Of course, if they both seriously try to vote Scientist I will retaliate and change my thoughts on the matter.

Donkey Parade - "Superblackcat is town, NativeForeigner is mafia."  Now here's the fun one.  Because of the contrasting choices, unlike SBC's we don't have much concealment here.  Since it would be stupid for mafia to lynch their own on mylo if EP is mafia then NativeForeigner is almost certainly their buddy.  They could be doing a concealment of intent, but I can't put too much concrete evidence on that when they're not voting anybody.

What do I gather from all of this?  More probable suspects.

SBC seems more scummy.
EP seems more townie (their response telling me to question them more is interesting).
NativeForeigner is town if they stop voting Scientist.  Wait, they aren't even voting Scientist?  NativeForeigner is scum until he votes somebody.

@Elephant Parade:
Here's a question, when are you going to vote somebody?

Also, to accuse me of lurking when everybody but me and SBC got prodded yesterday is humorous.

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: February 01, 2014, 12:03:18 pm »

Could you re-explain your case against me? Is this based off my suspicions? Because it seems like you want someone to suspect me, and because I don't suspect myself, I am scummy...
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 57