Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 57

Author Topic: Limerick Mafia - AABBA [Game Over!]  (Read 122637 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Limerick Mafia - Too Townie to Live [Day 3]
« Reply #675 on: January 23, 2014, 08:18:19 pm »

I suspected you and Scientist at the start of today because you two were the only people who weren't voting DarkStar at Day 2 end.  I am that simple-minded, but hey look I'm pretty sure one of you is scum now!
._.
So..nobody really commented on my spoiler + vote on Hapah?! (well other than makeinu, right now anyways)
I wasn't the only other person because of what I saw in Hapah--is the fact that 'people voting for TDS = less suspicious'?

Who started the whole thing with him anyway? :I Did you consider looking into that aaaand into the fine text?

I do have a stupid plan we could do, but it would almost guarantee a mafia win unless there's no SK and Tiruin is mafia.

The premise:
We could no lynch and Tiruin and I will shoot each other tonight.

The problem:
Unless Tiruin is mafia and there's no SK I think that's a win for mafia if they just kill somebody that isn't one of us.

I really don't trust Tiruin to be town, but unless we have the most ideal situation it's not worth doing unless anybody has any solutions.
Why are we no lynching? I can't see the benefits at all for that, and the proceeding duel. (PS: Not mafia~)

+!!scientist!!+

• Bay Watcher
  • I came to have fun, but then I found !!FUN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: January 23, 2014, 08:19:47 pm »

@tiruin:

Wait,

-snip-
@orange: That's a huge extrapolation. Expound please. Also, 'history from repeating itself'?
Wow that's...ugh. Just explain.

@purple: "We know"?
That's an awfully concise manner to state that.

sorry about genders, but in my defense genders on the internet are even more difficult than names on the internet, at least for me.

RE: purple: (cause it leads nicely into orange) I think everyone here can agree that of the many, many roleclaims that have been made, at least one of them is true. I know mine's true. considering that there have been two roles already revealed, that leaves  a bare minimum of three town roles. Any number of Town roles above two means a JOAT. Therefore, we all (or at least those of us with town roles) know there is a JOAT.

RE: orange: My main reasoning was influenced by the fact that ZU died after being the only person to outright state that Caz looked innocent, and was proven right. I thought that the most likely target would be whoever had the best instincts on TDS and my not-too-thorough search gave me the impression that was Tiruin. As for why my search wasn't too thorough, I admit that because I put together the facts and saw that there was a JOAT, I lost all hope of saving anyone. I asked Toaster, and he said that the JOAT wouldn't be roleblocked if I put him in jail, and his killing wouldn't be stopped by putting someone in jail, so I couldn't do anything to stop him. On the off hand chance that there was a serial killer with bulletproof who had targeted ZU or persus, I decided I'd jail whoever struck me as the most innocent, in the hopes of protecting them. It seemed like pretty slim chances, so I didn't focus on it as much as I focused on figuring out who looked guilty and why. That is my honest reason for the  imperfect reasoning behind the jailing.

"what are all these shapes? Why are they moving around. What do they want from me?"

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: January 23, 2014, 08:31:07 pm »

...Ok? That makes sense. However:

I admit that because I put together the facts and saw that there was a JOAT, I lost all hope of saving anyone.
No, there is never any non-hope of saving nobody. When you jailkeep a person, you know if you're right or wrong. That is, unless you're bussed or...roleblocked? You did succeed however, and I also succeeded, so that pertains to a bus driver instead of a roleblocker...
Unless:
    Commuting
    Hiding
    Bus Driving
    Jailkeeping / Roleblocking
    Protecting
    Killing
    Investigating
Toaster: In the case wherein a jailkeeper is roleblocked, what happens? Will the..'Guard' work, or the roleblock effect first? Will both happen? And if so, what are the results? 'Success or failed'?
However, you targeted me. And..I still can't see where this 'history from repeating itself' comes. It's like, you knew it was me, but then feign innocence, but then there's that tiny tidbit of a slip, countered only partly by the timing you did it.
Freudian slip?
I asked Toaster, and he said that the JOAT wouldn't be roleblocked if I put him in jail, and his killing wouldn't be stopped by putting someone in jail, so I couldn't do anything to stop him.
...You mean only if they use the StrongMan surprise ability, right? Because that really makes it obvious that you hit the JOAT, or at bussed. Given the bus'ing scenario, it would be hilarious for a JOAT/Bus/Goon team to:
> Bus two targets; Strongman/RegularNK one target.
But I doubt that happened this time due to..the sheer complexity of it.

On the off hand chance that there was a serial killer with bulletproof who had targeted ZU or persus, I decided I'd jail whoever struck me as the most innocent, in the hopes of protecting them.
I was most innocent, why?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: January 23, 2014, 09:43:24 pm »

Vote Count:

Elephant Parade:
Tiruin: +!!scientist!!+, ToonyMan, Superblackcat
Superblackcat:
+!!scientist!!+:
makeinu:
ToonyMan: Elephant Parade, Tiruin,
NativeForeigner:

No Lynch:

Not Voting: NativeForeigner, makeinu

ElephantParade has used his extend.

Day 3 will end Friday, 1/24 at 11 PM EST.

Toaster: In the case wherein a jailkeeper is roleblocked, what happens? Will the..'Guard' work, or the roleblock effect first? Will both happen? And if so, what are the results? 'Success or failed'?

This case isn't covered by the JK9++ ruleset specifically, so I go by my personal interpretation of this effect, which is that blocking the blocker takes precedence.  As such, in that case the jailkeeper will be roleblocked and not act.  The JOAT will be told of success and the jailkeeper will be told he was blocked.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving Gifts of Bad Luck
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: January 23, 2014, 10:53:36 pm »

Makeinu:

If Tiruin is town, then scientist is either scum or bussed. We get a hell of a lot of information given that Tiruin is lynched.

Now if you look at the flip side.

--> No Mafia kills

--> No SK kills

--> Two people directly contradicting Tiruin

Personally, The only reason I can see why Tiruin would out a such outrageous claim, was to get all the other Power Roles to out and have it's teammate jump on her and then kill the PRs. There really isn't another reason.

I really don't think that scum is that cornered yet, but that's the reason that comes into my head, It just doesn't really make sense.

So if Tiruin is scum, I come out with that this is planned, and look for scum in the people that attack/vote Tiruin.

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: January 23, 2014, 10:59:25 pm »

I forgot to claim:

I am Vanilla Townie

These are the possible roles that scum can have, given that all the power roles are not scum: Since we already have 5 power roles out.

There may be two vigs.
TT = Mafia Goon, Mafia 1-Shot Bus Driver, Mafia JOAT
T = Mafia Goon, Mafia 1-Shot Bus Driver, Mafia JOAT, Serial Killer
0 Ts = Mafia Goon, Mafia 1-Shot Bus Driver, Mafia JOAT

So... If there isn't any mafia kills, as Tiruin has said so far. That's frankly impossible... Seeing that most everyone is active enough to type a kill.

Say N1 they are blocked. They have a Mafia JOAT for sure, and can bypass N2. If the 1- Shot Bus Driver used his powers. Then why the hell did no one die last night other than who 'Tiruin killed'

Logically, looking purely at numbers, and not at 'arguments' that are filled with lies, I don't see any way that This could have happened.

If you guys see a way for this to work. Point it out please.

+!!scientist!!+

• Bay Watcher
  • I came to have fun, but then I found !!FUN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: January 23, 2014, 11:06:08 pm »

I was told my action was successful, so either Tiruin is lying about the killing, is the JOAT, is the serial killer, or...

Toaster, would there be any notification if Tiruin was bussed, or would it still be "action successful?"

"what are all these shapes? Why are they moving around. What do they want from me?"

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: January 23, 2014, 11:08:14 pm »

Toaster: For Setup Determination. Would everyone left over be automatic Vanilla Townie? (There are people left over right? I just went through a random setup and saw that there were 3 people left over, I'm assuming you assign these are Vanilla Townie?"

ArghhhH! I'm completely, and utterly wrong! HASRWKJ Ignore my last post about vanilla townie.

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: January 23, 2014, 11:11:13 pm »

That ^ is confirmed (I finally found that sentence.) Let me redo this.

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: January 23, 2014, 11:40:36 pm »

Beware, Math and stats and shit

Possible 'T's:

TTTTT = Mafia Goon, Mafia 1-Shot Bus Driver, Serial Killer
TTTT = Mafia Goon, Mafia Goon, Mafia JOAT (Roleblock, Ninja Kill, Strongman Kill)
TTT = Mafia Goon, Mafia Goon, Mafia JOAT, Serial Killer
T = Mafia Goon, Mafia 1-Shot Bus Driver, Mafia JOAT, Serial Killer
0 Ts = Mafia Goon, Mafia 1-Shot Bus Driver, Mafia JOAT

Dead people: Persus: Hider, IG, ZU, Hapah: Town, Caz: Vengeful TDS: Goon
Seeing this. I see either 12-(7+4)=1 extra townie to 12-(6+3)=3 extra townie.

Given all claims are true: The only possible roles would be a: P, H, KKK, TT.

This gives a 3 person Mafia. That means out of everyone who claimed Vanilla, there are three that are lying. These are the remaining Scum. This also means that the bus-driver drove.

People who claimed Vanilla: SBC, Makeinu, NF, EP

Now lets make Tiruin a liar:

Possible roles would be: P,H,KK,TTT.

That would mean, Scum: TTT = Mafia Goon, Mafia Goon, Mafia JOAT, Serial Killer. There is a SK. (Tiruin could be an SK, Though I think not).

There would be 2 Scum left, and a SKer on the loose. (Given the kills, I don't think this is plausible. Same reason why Tiruin IMO isn't Vig, Scum didn't kill.)

However, if This was what happened. Then the two remaining mafia would both be inside the Vanilla Townie Claimers.

Now lets keep moving. What I believe is that one of the PRs is lying. Either H,KK,TTTT. Or P,H,K,TTTT.

Scum: TTTT = Mafia Goon, Mafia Goon, Mafia JOAT (Roleblock, Ninja Kill, Strongman Kill)
This results in 4 T + 2 Extra = 6 Total townies. Currently, there are 7 plausible ones. (4 Out, 3 Dead). That means 1 of the scum claimed Vanilla Townie.

This also means that either scientist or Toony is lying. Personally, seeing that lack of a bus, I would think scientist is lying...

I currently think it is the -SHIT THERE ARE 13 PLAYERS. AHHH-

(I'm guessing there is an extra vanilla Townie).

-1 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 ;-;

For Possible 1, there is 2 vanilla townie that is scum. (Personally, this seems improbable)

Possible 2, There is 1 VT that is scum

Possible 3, There is 0 VT that is scum.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: January 23, 2014, 11:47:23 pm »

Toaster, would there be any notification if Tiruin was bussed, or would it still be "action successful?"

Players who are bussed are not notified as such.

Toaster: For Setup Determination. Would everyone left over be automatic Vanilla Townie? (There are people left over right? I just went through a random setup and saw that there were 3 people left over, I'm assuming you assign these are Vanilla Townie?"

Yes.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: January 23, 2014, 11:54:29 pm »

Toaster: Since there are 13 people, there is Automatically 1 extra VT?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: January 24, 2014, 12:18:53 am »

Errr... not sure what you mean?  I believe in any possible setup there's at least two vanilla townies, though.

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: January 24, 2014, 12:24:35 am »

Well, this setup is usually for 12 people, so for 13 people, you just add an vanilla townie?

makeinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: January 24, 2014, 12:31:49 am »

God.

Is this setup really that hard to figure out?

Once the powerroles for town and the scum have been determined, add a number of Vanilla Townies to equal 13 players.

With five town power roles claimed, the mafia/scum setup is:

Take one of those as false:

TTT = Mafia Goon, Mafia Goon, Mafia JOAT, Serial Killer

In either event, there are a total of five Vanilla Town.

In my opinion, the likeliest scenario is that one of the power roles is fake-claiming to hide that they're the SK.
In 2142, We made the Regenabots. They made us immortal. Now the year is 2165. Too many humans, and not nearly enough to go around. What have we done? Join this dark world today.

The Starcrash. A global disaster that destroyed our homeworld. The AI Council tries to hold us together. But some of us won't be kept in line. We are the Free Captains. We are Star Pirates.
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 57