Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 57

Author Topic: Limerick Mafia - AABBA [Game Over!]  (Read 122510 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Limerick Mafia - Too Townie to Live [Day 3]
« Reply #645 on: January 22, 2014, 11:25:00 pm »

Actually, really. Everyone shorten. It doesn't look like anyone cares or cares to think, at least. I'm being quotemined and attacked from all possible directions-including the illogical ones, and people just don't care. I can't defend against a bus driver who is quite content with rallying the masses, or prejudicing me against them.

Easy slip, SBC? Toony-if you are whateverkiller, shoot him, tie down the game. I still am unsure regarding whoever you are, but given the note of you..threatening to claim in the face of the lynch, it doesn't make sense (or your play has really dropped.)
I do not like the fact that you don't care to answer my questions--I am rounded by apathy anyway.
Oh, and then insults! I like how people treat my kills as if I didn't think about them.
That is nice.

Just shorten this already. I don't care-and neither do I think anyone else does. We have people who are truly absent (I hate this time-mechanic, but at least I can SHORTEN and be justified) and when present, throw nothing but crap.
Things have truly changed around here. The atmosphere is too..ugh. People don't think nowadays. Whatever.

SHORTEN THIS OUT.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: January 23, 2014, 12:39:07 am »

Holy jeebus, guys... I swear, I leave for a day of work and four pages pop up.

I'm a vanilla townie with a lot of catching up to do and I'm not sure I can do that until Friday. Maybe Thursday, but I don't even get off work until an hour before the day is over.

I'll read the inevitable flood of posts before I sleep. If I think it's worth it, I'll extend for my own sake.
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

makeinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: January 23, 2014, 08:32:20 am »

No, Tiruin, no shorten. Spent some time thinking last night, offline because my own net went down. There are more questions I have, and I want NativeForeigner to have a chance to answer as well.

Toaster, NativeForeigner did not use his extend in the proper format, but he clearly intends to use it. Can it be counted please?

NativeForeigner, when I have the chance, I will go more in-depth, but to summarize:

1) Tiruin role-claimed Vigilante, and claimed kill orders on zombie urist and Hapah.
2) +!!scientist!!+ role-claimed Jailkeeper, and claimed a block order on Tiruin last night, preventing her order on Hapah.
3) ToonyMan role-claimed Vigilante, claimed zero kill orders to date, claims Elephant Parade is scum and declared he'd kill EP tonight.
4) Elephant Parade claimed Vanilla Townie.
5) Tiruin alternately claimed Serial Killer.
6) Superblackcat has not role-claimed.
7) There was much discussion over the game setup mechanics between Tiruin and I.

I am formally role-claiming. I am Vanilla Town.

We have two Mafia roles left. Two people, at least, are lying about their role claims. Three, possibly, if there's a Serial Killer. If there's an SK, then one of the power role-claims has to be a lie, by the setup.

More thoughts on this later, when I have more time.
In 2142, We made the Regenabots. They made us immortal. Now the year is 2165. Too many humans, and not nearly enough to go around. What have we done? Join this dark world today.

The Starcrash. A global disaster that destroyed our homeworld. The AI Council tries to hold us together. But some of us won't be kept in line. We are the Free Captains. We are Star Pirates.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: January 23, 2014, 10:59:14 am »

PFP

@Tiruin:
The implication of claiming (possibly, Persus could have hid behind ZU) every kill means none of the scum killed either night, or weren't able to.  The scum wouldn't choose not to kill.  If I chose to kill every night the game would already be over, whether for good or bad.

@Makeinu:
Scientist is probably  JOAT if they're scum, but that doesn't feel right.  I think their claim is legit and Tiruin is lying, but I'll consider shooting them if Tiruin flips town, there is the one-shot mafia bus driver to worry about, but chances are they're already spent.

I think scum has only claimed vanilla townie, so I'm scrutinizing Elephant Parade and Nativeforeginer now.  One of them is probably telling the truth, but I want to see what SBC has to say now.

It would be nice of NativeForeigner if he extended, I do feel like we need a bit of time now.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: January 23, 2014, 11:00:06 am »

Oh and I believe Makeinu's claim of vanilla townie, because otherwise he bussed ultra hard on TDS yesterday.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: January 23, 2014, 11:07:01 am »

Vote Count:

Elephant Parade:
Tiruin: +!!scientist!!+, makeinu, ToonyMan, Superblackcat
Superblackcat: Tiruin,
+!!scientist!!+:
makeinu:
ToonyMan: Elephant Parade
NativeForeigner:

No Lynch:

Not Voting: NativeForeigner

Day 3 will end Thursday, 1/23 at 11 PM EST, about 12 hours from now.

There is one request to shorten.  Four total needed to end the day.

Toaster, NativeForeigner did not use his extend in the proper format, but he clearly intends to use it. Can it be counted please?

He just said he might use it.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

makeinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: January 23, 2014, 01:26:28 pm »

He just said he might use it.

Ah, you're right, of course.

Unvote.

It won't make a difference, really, but I'm having some troubling thoughts. I can't shake the feeling that we've a lurking SK, all it would take is one false power role-claim, and I really can't shake the feeling that my pathological Vig hatred is being manipulated, used, twisted against me, to get a mislynch and let the SK slide by another day, to spring into action tonight.

Assume SK. 4:2:1. Mislynch Town today, 3:2:1. SK kills anyone, mafia kills not-mafia, we get several possibilities, few of them good:

SK and mafia Town kill: 2:2:1
SK town kill, mafia SK kill (assume not Bulletproof): 3:2
SK mafia kill, mafia town kill: 3:1:1
SK mafia kill, mafia SK kill: 4:1

There are more, I'm sure, and I'm discounting random Jailkeeper role-block, possible JOAT role-block, Strongman kills, et cetera. Too many variables, and the only consistent is that if SK lives and Town dies today, it's BAD!

Tiruin: your whole claim makes no sense, strategically. Seriously, what the fuck were you hoping to accomplish here? This is too bold for a scum play, and it's going to get you lynched.

+!!scientist!!+: why did you choose Tiruin to block last night? What logic compelled that choice, especially given that your power wasn't used N1?

Superblackcat: assume Tiruin is telling the truth. What purpose is served in lynching her now? If she is being honest, she's Town, and only scum benefit from a Town lynch. You jumped on her lynch like, well, like a cat on the hunt, but your only evidence, if it can be called that, is "You claimed! You killed! Kill back!" Which is a really lousy reason, frankly. We don't have the room for vengeance killings, not at this point. Game's almost over, and we're losing here.

ToonyMan: same question. Further, what about Tiruin's claim makes you think she's lying? I've put out my own case, what's yours? I'm taking off my "goddammitVig" blinders and taking a fresh look, and I'm not liking what I'm seeing develop.

NativeForeigner: if I'm right, and there's an SK trying to lurk until the opportunity to strike arises, who is your prime candidate for that?

Right now, as I see it, assuming a hiding SK, NF, SBC, TM, and EP are the likeliest candidates, as the lurkiest players. Real life, blah, I get it, plenty busy on this end here as well, but I really need to see something here.

I hope to see an Extend from those that still have them, NF, EP, +!!scientist!!+, before the day runs out without proper discussion. This is quite possibly our last available day.
In 2142, We made the Regenabots. They made us immortal. Now the year is 2165. Too many humans, and not nearly enough to go around. What have we done? Join this dark world today.

The Starcrash. A global disaster that destroyed our homeworld. The AI Council tries to hold us together. But some of us won't be kept in line. We are the Free Captains. We are Star Pirates.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: January 23, 2014, 01:37:13 pm »

She's lying because 1. I don't believe we rolled three Ks and 2. If she's telling the truth then that means /none/ of the scum factions have been killing, which I don't believe and if anything shows there's no SK.  SK would always kill. I am not arguing this.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: January 23, 2014, 04:36:57 pm »

No, Tiruin, no shorten.
...Right. Most of that was...wholly immature ofme. regressing and tuff. sorry

Anyway, checked back. And I'm quite backing on ToonyMan now; I'm tempted to target SBC tonight for his...very bad trip of logic, however I'd give it a single spare doubt compared to Toony.
Glad I've a level head now. Apologies for the past. Details later when I'm..better.

@Tiruin:
The implication of claiming (possibly, Persus could have hid behind ZU) every kill means none of the scum killed either night, or weren't able to.  The scum wouldn't choose not to kill.  If I chose to kill every night the game would already be over, whether for good or bad.
I did not kill Persus,and this is awfully jaded.

Tiruin: your whole claim makes no sense, strategically. Seriously, what the fuck were you hoping to accomplish here? This is too bold for a scum play, and it's going to get you lynched.
What claim??? >.> What made no sense?!
Ughghgh. Could you be at least clearer!?

She's lying because 1. I don't believe we rolled three Ks and 2. If she's telling the truth then that means /none/ of the scum factions have been killing, which I don't believe and if anything shows there's no SK.  SK would always kill. I am not arguing this.
...Post. Later. I cannot write correctly in this state.

+!!scientist!!+

• Bay Watcher
  • I came to have fun, but then I found !!FUN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: January 23, 2014, 04:38:52 pm »

I've been thinking through this game again and again, and I'm not sure what course to take. I jailed Tiruin because he seemed to be the first to actively and logically go after TDS, and I thought the mafia had gone after ZU because of his correct instincts on Caz, so I jailed Tiruin in the hopes to keep history from repeating itself. At this point, we know there is a JOAT on the loose according to the rules, and, barring events that have taken place, there's a chance there's a serial killer. If Tiruin were serial killer or JOAT, that would explain the events of last night, but so could a bus driver or roleblocking JOAT. For the time being, I'm going to assume that Tiruin is Serial Killer or JOAT, as those seem more likely than someone roleblocking me after I didn't roleclaim when accused of having a role, or a busdriver using his one shot to bus Tiruin for no discernible reason.

Also, in response to Toony, as for what I have not mentioned above, the fact that my power wasn't used N1 had no effect on my decision because, as people seem to forget, that wasn't my choice.
"what are all these shapes? Why are they moving around. What do they want from me?"

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: January 23, 2014, 04:40:08 pm »

Cab;t you at least get that I'm female?!

Goddamnit,

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: January 23, 2014, 04:42:41 pm »

Wait,

I jailed Tiruin because he seemed to be the first to actively and logically go after TDS, and I thought the mafia had gone after ZU because of his correct instincts on Caz, so I jailed Tiruin in the hopes to keep history from repeating itself. At this point, we know there is a JOAT on the loose according to the rules, and, barring events that have taken place, there's a chance there's a serial killer.
@orange: That's a huge extrapolation. Expound please. Also, 'history from repeating itself'?
Wow that's...ugh. Just explain.

@purple: "We know"?
That's an awfully concise manner to state that.

Anyway whatever, posting later on. Timecount?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: January 23, 2014, 04:43:31 pm »

@Tiruin:
How do you know you didn't kill Persus?

@Scientist:
You might not have done anything N1 because you were doing the mafia kill.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: January 23, 2014, 04:46:51 pm »

@Tiruin:
How do you know you didn't kill Persus?

@Scientist:
You might not have done anything N1 because you were doing the mafia kill.
What kind of doublesided questioning BS is-
One, you argue a spurious and loaded question- I inferred that I didn't kill Persus due to how inconcise it seems for me to him to have hided under ZU! You never detail, however-even when asked-what you think about the case itself!

Curse this time mechanic and my damned emotions. Checking, we only have ~6 hours left. It won't manner most I guess but blargh. I am not letting this down at this crucial moment!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: January 23, 2014, 06:39:28 pm »

Alright. Posting in the early morning. Redact shorten..thanks makeinu. >_>
Note ahead: The...incident was more connected to the verbal attacks presented, implications made, and nothing else. Oh, and the labels. I hate labels from all of what happened in..the past.
And I'm quite backing on ToonyMan now
First, summarizing all Toony's claims and relevant notes. I will not bother with my tedium however. That's more clutter than not-what matters is the essence and not the person in this point.

Previous summary, hindered by net problems.
With little to back him as town, however I did rationalize that the best case at the time was that 'we'd be needing an SK, however..' Counterpoint +broadened speculation now comes.

Let me start this off with a hypothetical--to think; not influencing from my point of view, but just to consider for the purpose of consideration (and no, this isn't any complex mode of persuasion or whatever. It is my own question to one single post Toony has given. It's a counter-stereotype, if such things were advanced as common knowledge.)
> Why would someone ignore a person due to their assumed role?
Why I ask, is also stated below (if you really want to connect this to stuffs).

Now back here. Why I think Toony is mafia:
> All points and queries made onto Toony are deflected by labels. Labels which take assumptions and implications at the time due to linearity. I'd excuse a tad bit of such, so to lack explanations, but as said before-his way of thinking to me has a lot of holes. It's different this time, however.
Bumping that summary, a tiny note at the end goes to point on his claim. The answer being, a label of 'SK'. Not scum. Sure to disagree on Mafia, but SK?
What I propose instead are the gaps in his thinking. Assumptions, therein.
If we mislynch somehow then I won't shoot since it'll be game over, but I do have leg-work to shoot if Tiruin is scum, so if anybody has any ideas...
'Somehow', is a good word to back up the lack of generalizing 'scum'. Plus, the only word of assuring is the orange portion--he'd be cleared if I'm scum, however I know the game will die given this case. I accepted him as an SK due to how he can stop scum-the same attitude, in his context, does not reflect however. The surity of 'fixing' scum (which I've to infer lacking direct answers?) Calling out the people. While I share his viewpoint on how the logic goes, I fail to see the difference in a Mafia context.
> He claimed Vigilante-and says no kill, under the iteration of 'Well time to make you proud Makeinu.' without explaining why he didn't. This cover, sans the note of fully and vehemently disagreeing on multiple vigilantes (other than one point in the same post, discontinued after), is perfect to assume given this case. Agreements can be forged, and contracts be drawn.
Problem being: Double-sidedness. Refer to the summary for a long list of points unanswered. The prospect? Generalization.
Busy today I could probably post more tonight.

Also, stop voting yourself.  I think you're lying because you're the SK now.  Elephant Parade's claim as a vanilla townie probably marks them as mafia, but I'll have to check back.  I think you claimed because you are crazy!  Do you realize the implications of claiming every single possible kill this game has had so far?  If you're the SK or mafia then you're being super ballsy, if you're a town vig you don't deserve to live anymore.
The claim as vanilla townie marks them as mafia, why? Nothing else but points being pushed! Then the promise of shooting EP, preferred. On what basis? Elephant's posts: 1, 2 and 3?

I see fairly little there, and too much of a risk if found out to be an SK.

Next, I can't fathom why anyone else didn't ask on the last orange portion (but me, but nobody cares.). Queried, and formatted for emphasis(formatted here, queried in the post after.)  And then this comes out.
There is the disarming statement of
Also it's not exactly lylo, if Tiruin is somehow town then if I can shoot scum tonight we'll be okay, but I'll probably be killed tonight too.
Too many if's and possibilities that one speaking from a town-perspective wouldn't speak of, unless there was a certain agenda in mind. No speculation comes on his analysis in those posts-none, but he takes sarcasm as an indicator without stating why. What is a threat to Mafia? The assumed SK. But why would you word it this way if you're on the verge of winning?

I'll leave that as my second hypothetical.

PS: You thought that EP is a better target, compared to SBC given that your last post was after him.

> Oh, and one tiiiny point.
Notes on what your reads are lack every single bit of why they are so. You don't think scientist is scum, why? makeinu as scum, why? These things are lacking.
You can have more than one vigilante.  If you flip town (and vig), then that's exactly what happened.  I just don't believe that to be true right now.

I don't really feel like answering your questions because I have a severe lack of time to waste (school started) and you're probably mafia.  If you have any questions you want to ask me you can repeat them and if they're not too annoying to answer I'll do so, but there's no way in hell I'm going to read the last few pages word for word and digest every little detail, because really, the major points are what matter and if you really are scum (which I think is very likely) then this whole discussion of details is pointless.  If you somehow are another town vigilante, then great, I'll shoot Scientist tonight.

If somebody can claim a redirect on Scientist that would be useful, but if it was scum that did that they probably won't!
You shifted from Mafia to somewhere else, and this was before my summary was posted! It generally asks why you do so (via reads before and now)
I then condensed the idea to 'why do you think I'm lying?'
The response is lacking.

Toony: Why do you care about me voting myself anyway? Why did you not shorten when you did say
I don't see why the day has to go on any longer.

Aaaaand 4 hours left. >_>

And as a footnote to explain one part of before: Why I didn't see much scumhunting, is most of those who've posted have...tunneled. Or analyzed the situation presented instead of asking the others alongside them. Or preferably 'waiting' for the lynch, which is quite the understatement, unless this is how play is in the modern times (here's me expecting a bit more holistic analysis from people. Go expectations. Woohoo.)

Or is this a point of certainty? Surity in the masses? Displacement of clarity goes from one point to the other, that all others are voided until 'we're sure'? Maybe my definition of scumhunting is wrong, but it's more along the discovering-type of wordplay. Question many things, and only discard when you're sure.
Out of all those who're asking questions today, I didn't see much.

makeinu
What claim??? >.> What made no sense?!
Ughghgh. Could you be at least clearer!?

And fixing/clarifying one thing:
Night 2, you claimed to kill Hapah. +!!scientist!!+ claims to have blocked you, making that kill impossible. Except, there's three ways that's possible:

1) JOAT Strongman kill,
2) SK: "If there is a Serial Killer, it chooses pregame between 1-Shot Bulletproof or Ninja AND Strongman kills as its extra ability. ", or
3) Bus Driver swapped you for another.
I see you fail to argue more parts, like:
> Bus Driver swapped scientist
So at this time, I didn't get how the roles worked. Next, I -didn't- think #3 was a mistake, but also..included that he might have been swapped with me, though I don't know how it works (one targets the other, which is bussed to himself..?)

scientist
Cab;t you at least get that I'm female?!

Goddamnit,
Sorry for the cursing. >_> I forgot your note about knowing other people and how your mindset processes it...

Same with makeinu, for the cursing. You're fully in the spot for judging such play, regardless of alignment (I'd pull up the notion of 'how could I know who x was, and that i'm being attacked for results instead of origins', and even then the case presented on my reads and reasons was..too much of a whole overview than a specific clause, which is what I meant by generalizing.) but yes, I actually am an idiot-not in playstyle, but overall as a person. Sorry for saying you're a jerk for that. Hope you're ok there..
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 57