Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 57

Author Topic: Limerick Mafia - AABBA [Game Over!]  (Read 122284 times)

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
Re: Limerick Mafia - Double Tap [Day 2]
« Reply #540 on: January 16, 2014, 04:46:08 pm »

No worries, I had to ask too. :P

PFP is usually Posting From Phone, or in some cases (such as mine) Posting From Profession (i.e. work). Usually just means that posts will be very brief and to-the-point, usually 1-line questions or fast responses to questions.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: January 16, 2014, 05:08:53 pm »

TheDarkStar: Extend

If I still can't convince people in a day, I'll take the risk and roleclaim.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving Gifts of Bad Luck
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: January 16, 2014, 05:27:14 pm »

You sound like you're just threatening us.

"Hey, I might have a role, that's important. Huh, you still wanna kill me? I'll role claim soon! Haha, be scared! Feel bad!"

+!!scientist!!+

• Bay Watcher
  • I came to have fun, but then I found !!FUN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: January 16, 2014, 06:07:08 pm »

Just a few things:

I'm still not sure whether TheDarkStar is scum or not, but he's higher on my list than most, just not the highest. I'll trust the judgement of others on this one, but I worry about what will happen if we're wrong.

Now, with regards to what others have told me:

Also, scientist: I take it you're following conventional mafia tells in order to get a feel on people?

Yes, but since scumtells aren't perfect (just look at how scummy Caz looked going by scumtells) I try my best to read people in other ways. For instance, looking at the way Toonyman talked. As I said, he talked about how the scum could do better, rather than how the town could stop him them from doing better. Personally, when I think about this game during the day, I think through what people have said and what makes them suspicious and what makes them seem townie, how to show others how scummy certain people are, and so on. While I will occasionally try to think through the mafia's next move, the thought is always followed by "now how do I stop them?" whereas Toonyman's train of thought seems to have stopped at "the scum are one step closer to winning." It may seem like it's a minor difference, but I think it's a major, if unorthodox scumtell.

Elephant Parade: Regarding your last bit: Scientist replaced Puffer and therefore would know everything he's done or hasn't done.
Oh. Well. In that case, I suppose scientist was either right or responding to an outdated post. I forget if Toony posted after the replacement.
O_o

I think you need to jog those memory backs because scientist is Pufferfish's replacement. Unless you mean when Hapah replaced Urist Imiknorris, because if so, then Toony didn't post after the latter, but he did post after the former.
Let me clear this up with a list of events in order:

1. Day 2 begins.
2. Toonyman quickly accuses pufferfish, who has already been listed as ignoring PM's and saying nothing by Toaster.
3. a few days later, I replace Pufferfish, Toaster sends me a PM.
4. I call ToonyMan's bluff.
5. ToonyMan confesses.
6. Hapah replaces Urist.

In other words, both Elephant Parade and Tiruin got it wrong. I knew because of Toaster's PM, and Toonyman accused me before I replaced pufferfish, not after.

In answer to other questions posed by Tiruin and Elephant parade, the reason I immediately voted for SuperBlackCat because he was the first to catch my eye as looking scummy. At that time, I had no idea what ToonyMan was talking about, and so forming opinions on him was difficult, so I latched on to SuperBlackCat and found as much evidence as I could. I guess that I might as well come out with my playstyle, as it would be the best way to explain this. I put pressure on people, as hard and fast as I can, judging their reaction to determine whether they're scum or town. It's not perfect and I don't want to say what the criteria for scum and town are in my opinion, but let's just say the SuperBlackCat's response has made me think they're town, but not sure, whereas Toonyman's response, or lack there of, has only added to my confidence that he is scum.
"what are all these shapes? Why are they moving around. What do they want from me?"

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: January 16, 2014, 08:16:46 pm »

Alright, Darkstar. Here's what I've got on you at the moment

Spoiler: 1 of 3 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: 2 of 3 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: 3 of 3 (click to show/hide)

Questions for others later!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: January 16, 2014, 08:50:03 pm »

I'd rather forward this instead:

Hey people, look at what UI did, and TDS is being personal, and mostly useless--but given what he did D1 (...it's marginally unexplainable why he even blames UI why he did so, and utterly fails to back it up AGAIN), I'm inclined to see something from him.

But this doesn't explain that he saw what I saw--must just be being useless.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Limerick Mafia - Double Tap [Day 2] [Replacement Needed]
« Reply #546 on: January 16, 2014, 09:45:17 pm »

Vote Count:

Elephant Parade: 
Tiruin: 
TheDarkStar:  Superblackcat, ToonyMan, Hapah, makeinu
Superblackcat: 
+!!scientist!!+: 
makeinu: 
Hapah:  Tiruin
ToonyMan:  TheDarkStar, +!!scientist!!+
NativeForeigner: 

No Lynch:

Not Voting:  Elephant Parade, NativeForeigner

TheDarkStar has used his extend.

Day 2 will last until Friday, 1/17 at 11 PM EST.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: January 17, 2014, 01:15:47 am »

Spoiler: Tiruin (click to show/hide)

It's heartwarming to know I've been missed. :) I miss that avatar too (it's actually Jean-Paul Belmondo as Michel Poiccard - a car thief - in Breathless). I changed it one day, lost it, and I've had the damnedest time finding that same gif. Honestly, my reason for coming back had less to do with missing the game and more to do with missing the people I played it with. And my lack of activity in the rest of the forums is more due to the fact that I was invited here for Mafia and I haven't actually explored the rest of it. I should actually do that some time.

Regarding the related content, busy-busy is definitely the word for it. Been fighting a lung infection and we also just got a Bengal kitten that's been taking up a lot of our spare time. She's sleeping on my lap now. Freaking adorable. Anyway, I'm glad the day got extended because I'm going to have some actual spare time to go over the UI-Caz/Tir-TDS deal in some detail.

As it stands right now, TDS is likely the best lynch. But I'm not necessarily sold on his scumhood. I'll do some reading tonight and post tomorrow before day end with a vote and explanation.
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: January 17, 2014, 01:22:30 am »

Well! Found a darker version of the gif I used. This'll do.  ;)
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: January 17, 2014, 01:38:10 am »

You guys must look and see with your own eyes. TDS may be doing stoopid antics, and may have done many things--however I attribute, and why I'm hanging on him and his antics, is that I feel that he's taking a personal field into the matter. IRL, nobody would deny logic and correct reasoning--TDS is acting cornered, defensive and outright stupid illogical in the way that he prizes HIMSELF as too much rather than think about the team.

As his IC, previously, I am deeply ashamed. Both in myself and how I taught. Him? I'd rather attribute his behavior in this game towards how his actions have proven him. Let no dishonor come to him other than how he acted here--HOWEVER I WILL ACTIVELY DISPUTE HIS LYNCH RIGHT DAMN NOW.

If anyone has objections. Tell me. Because I'm quite suspicious of those who take him as the 'easy' lynch. I tire of the conventional scumtells, however I also tire of scum riding the waves in trying to hang a man--who's own personal defense cannot stay by his own words. He's flailing and lying and doing ALL NO U in order to save his skin.

Logical conclusion: Marginally useless town. If scum, then that's a WONDERFUL bus. If SK, then...I don't even. Least probable thought here.

But I'm typing at 70wps and rushing off because WOOHOO, net shenanigans.

ADDRESS ME HAPAH. Thanks.

Spoiler: Tiruin (click to show/hide)

It's heartwarming to know I've been missed. :) I miss that avatar too (it's actually Jean-Paul Belmondo as Michel Poiccard - a car thief - in Breathless). I changed it one day, lost it, and I've had the damnedest time finding that same gif. Honestly, my reason for coming back had less to do with missing the game and more to do with missing the people I played it with. And my lack of activity in the rest of the forums is more due to the fact that I was invited here for Mafia and I haven't actually explored the rest of it. I should actually do that some time.

Regarding the related content, busy-busy is definitely the word for it. Been fighting a lung infection and we also just got a Bengal kitten that's been taking up a lot of our spare time. She's sleeping on my lap now. Freaking adorable. Anyway, I'm glad the day got extended because I'm going to have some actual spare time to go over the UI-Caz/Tir-TDS deal in some detail.

As it stands right now, TDS is likely the best lynch. But I'm not necessarily sold on his scumhood. I'll do some reading tonight and post tomorrow before day end with a vote and explanation.
Get well soon T_T

Also, what is your idea on TDS. I want to know what exactly you think of him here, NF. Why and what contradicts.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: January 17, 2014, 01:42:44 am »

There's a question? If you can get it out in the next 5 minutes I'll try to answer, but I'm heading to bed.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: January 17, 2014, 01:45:02 am »

:v

Hapah missed my everything, then.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: January 17, 2014, 01:49:36 am »

So...we good? I still don't see a question, lol.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: January 17, 2014, 01:56:31 am »

Nap time folks, catch you tomorrow.

Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 57