Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 57

Author Topic: Limerick Mafia - AABBA [Game Over!]  (Read 122426 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Limerick Mafia - Double Tap [Day 2] [Replacement Needed]
« Reply #510 on: January 15, 2014, 03:32:35 pm »

Hapah has replaced Urist Imiknorris.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: January 15, 2014, 03:48:14 pm »

NativeForeigner:

-snip-

I'm curious what your take is now that ToonyMan has admitted it was a bluff under questioning.

Partly because I want to know, and partly because I see you've hardly posted at all. Nor has Urist Imiknorris, come to think of it. I'm beginning to seriously suspect we've got someone trying to active scumlurk here, I'm just not sure which.

However, you two are still pale blips on my scumdar. Others raise my hackles more.

Assuming he's not bluffing about the bluff, it's a risky move but it's high-reward if it works out. Best case: it tricks the target into roleclaiming. Worst case: you get called on it and potentially lynched. I don't think it's a risk scum would actually take.
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

makeinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: January 15, 2014, 03:57:00 pm »

NationalForeigner

I giggled at this.

I did too, a little.

Next post will probably see me talking to Elephant Prada, MakeINew, SoupOfBlackCat, and Blender.

*snerk*

Trivialities aside.

Oh right, something I was thinking about at work today.
This is just a theory, but with the one-extension-per-player-only rule there can be some interesting meta.
For example, scum should not hold onto their extensions, this is because at the end of the game only a few people will have extensions, extensions help town for the most part.  If there's two players left with extensions and only one is willing to extend, then that looks a lot more town.  So to counter this the scum would probably want to extend as early as possible when it's much less useful and won't have the pressure of much needed extends towards the end.
Meh. [1] Too much meta.
[2] Using a one-shot extension has the double benefit of looking town, because scum-meta is shut down conversations, end days on lynches, especially mis-lynches, because they don't care who the town hangs.
[3] Have another glass of wine. I hear the poison is weaker the higher the dose.
That's true.

Which part, [1], [2], or [3]. ;)

Seriously, though, there's no way to read anything into the use of extends in this setup, or indeed any, because it's way too easy to read too much into them. My opinion anyway, and I'm discounting them entirely.

Spoiler: Congratulations! (click to show/hide)

Also, vote DarkStar because I'm not scum and his vote is by far the weakest on me (even Tiruin defends me!).

Bah. Tied vote == bad. Even with another extend. Related, gripe gripe will this day never end? </sarcasm>

We need to come to a consensus here, of a sorts at least. Four town dead means that a mislynch puts us outnumbering the scum by only one tomorrow(4:3), assuming the night kill goes through. With the SK almost certainly (99%) disproved this game, there are only five possible scum teams, and three have a JOAT with a Strongman and a Ninja kill. Even if the Doctor protects well, there's a 60% chance that kill will happen.

If we lynch right, then we're 5:2 tomorrow, and can spare some time to dig deeper. If we NL, then we're 5:3, and can't afford to screw up.

Toony: What would you have done when Pufferfish would say that he didn't do anything?
His response should have been within 24 hours, and if he said anything fishy I would have turned it into a lynch vote.  Because he was gone though a lot of people started feeling anticipation for it and I didn't really feel like backing down until he got replaced.

I'll do my Extend: ToonyMan now, but because I am not sure I will have internet access for all of tomorrow I will also be role-claiming tonight if I am the lynch vote.

Unvote. I can't in good conscience let a tie vote stand, not when I'm not 100% convinced the party I'm voting for is guilty. And Toony is acting too town for me to think it's an act. On the flip side of that, I'm still not convinced TDS is scum. He's playing what I'm taking as his normal game, and I just can't get a read on him. Not like I did the last game we played together. He hasn't done anything so blatant as he did that game, and I can't decide if it's just bad play, scummy, or scum that I'm getting off him.

Somebody give me arguments I'm wrong either way.

PPE:

Hapah:

Urist didn't have terribly much to say before he begged off. You say you've been reading the thread.

I'm sure we'd all love your input and reads, as a fresh set of eyes. I think we need a fresh perspective, personally.

PPE ninjas again...

NativeForeigner:

-snip-

I'm curious what your take is now that ToonyMan has admitted it was a bluff under questioning.

Partly because I want to know, and partly because I see you've hardly posted at all. Nor has Urist Imiknorris, come to think of it. I'm beginning to seriously suspect we've got someone trying to active scumlurk here, I'm just not sure which.

However, you two are still pale blips on my scumdar. Others raise my hackles more.

Assuming he's not bluffing about the bluff, it's a risky move but it's high-reward if it works out. Best case: it tricks the target into roleclaiming. Worst case: you get called on it and potentially lynched. I don't think it's a risk scum would actually take.

I have to agree with that assessment. Toony is playing it off too casual to give me a bold-scum-play read off that. Having your Hail Mary play called like that typically rattles scum. Town will shrug it off. Typically.
In 2142, We made the Regenabots. They made us immortal. Now the year is 2165. Too many humans, and not nearly enough to go around. What have we done? Join this dark world today.

The Starcrash. A global disaster that destroyed our homeworld. The AI Council tries to hold us together. But some of us won't be kept in line. We are the Free Captains. We are Star Pirates.

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving Gifts of Bad Luck
    • View Profile
Re: Limerick Mafia - Double Tap [Day 2]
« Reply #513 on: January 15, 2014, 06:27:59 pm »

Toonyman: Tying up the vote eh?

Makeinu: I really don't know why, but I'm not really noticing anything from you guys. nothing seems out of porportion except for TDS and Toony, but that's because they are attracting attention.

WHat I don't really think scum would do. But given that Toony is experienced. It may be wifom.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: January 15, 2014, 06:54:45 pm »

Unvote. I can't in good conscience let a tie vote stand, not when I'm not 100% convinced the party I'm voting for is guilty. And Toony is acting too town for me to think it's an act. On the flip side of that, I'm still not convinced TDS is scum. He's playing what I'm taking as his normal game, and I just can't get a read on him. Not like I did the last game we played together. He hasn't done anything so blatant as he did that game, and I can't decide if it's just bad play, scummy, or scum that I'm getting off him.

Here's a reason: Toony tried to get someone mislynched. While that person might have been able to respond within a short time, almost any denial on their part would have been seen as scum lying. Also, why would he care about a roleclaim as town? He also took a while to reveal that he was lying, but only after drawing questioning.

And then there's what I've done: Responded to criticism after a pressure vote. And yet, I'm the one getting voted for, while he gets to live.

Another reason:

Also, vote DarkStar because I'm not scum and his vote is by far the weakest on me (even Tiruin defends me!).

My votes might be flighty, but that is not a reason to vote for me. I still try to get rid of the scummy people, unlike Toony, who tried to get a random person dead.

NativeForeigner:

-snip-

I have to agree with that assessment. Toony is playing it off too casual to give me a bold-scum-play read off that. Having your Hail Mary play called like that typically rattles scum. Town will shrug it off. Typically.

Toony's casualness give me the opposite read. A town person would not randomly incriminate people this late - we are long past the RVS stage. Rather, if he were town, he would only use his tactic against people he was actually suspicious of.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: January 15, 2014, 10:37:59 pm »

Bloodfish.

Ok, reads coming up soonish. I've it all saved in my nifty USB.

>_>
TDS

Here's a reason: Toony tried to get someone mislynched. While that person might have been able to respond within a short time, almost any denial on their part would have been seen as scum lying. Also, why would he care about a roleclaim as town? He also took a while to reveal that he was lying, but only after drawing questioning.

And then there's what I've done: Responded to criticism after a pressure vote. And yet, I'm the one getting voted for, while he gets to live.

Another reason:

My votes might be flighty, but that is not a reason to vote for me. I still try to get rid of the scummy people, unlike Toony, who tried to get a random person dead.
That's sorta skewed, your judgement there.

Why the exact wording of 'mislynch'? Next,
Very general. That's offsetting why we're voting you. That, and you don't attack the reasons why we vote you (primarily mine) but...do personal stuff as if its you being attacked (personal note: All attacks and stuff made and proposed against you are NOT AGAINST YOU AS A PERSON, but as your play, as a player--and how you are in-game. To quote Toaster: "We're all chums and buddies out of game but in-game we go at each others' throats quite well." paraphrased.

And you miss quite a lot of questions designed to know you more, so I really don't know what to think of you and why you miss those questions. You don't even say that they're 'trivial' or whatever. Just. Ignored.

Next: What is your definition of scummy people? What makes a person scum, in your eyes?

Toony's casualness give me the opposite read. A town person would not randomly incriminate people this late - we are long past the RVS stage. Rather, if he were town, he would only use his tactic against people he was actually suspicious of.
Though, I agree on this. While Toony could've pulled it off...earlier, he only did it after 'stuff' happened, which gives incrimation or a feeling of such towards the timing done.

However he's being quite clean in doing it.
Also I do quite like how you can afford to give these long lengths of response to everyone else here except me but bleh.

Back this up, Toony. I know you're pretty busy there but..why TDS of all the people here?
And I get a mention with that 'even' D: Waaaahhh T_T
TDS, however, in his reply above, has quite a point here (despite my bias towards him :I). This seems quite 'flighty'.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: January 15, 2014, 11:01:13 pm »

Shortened version: I believe Toony is town and is getting flak for a short-snip he failed to address in the time being, or is reacting against what Puffin/scientist has given--I thoroughly doubt that he'd be laying it easy and letting it lie even if scum..because that doesn't jive with my notes on him as of late.

Or, y'know, how his reaction is given.

Toony: you were aware that your vote would tie the count, yes? If town, then that'd end as a no-lynch for the day, but that's trivial when this question is given:
> What can you make of those voting you? Does their case make sense?
> That post above this one where my questions are, please address that too, thanks.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: January 16, 2014, 12:09:14 am »

Alright, let's get to it!

Quote from: Mak
Urist didn't have terribly much to say before he begged off. You say you've been reading the thread.

I'm sure we'd all love your input and reads, as a fresh set of eyes. I think we need a fresh perspective, personally.
I only started reading it today, and it's a lot to take in. I do have a couple of observations, though!

Concerning Roles: I think it's useless to speculate on roles at this point. There are up to 5 town power roles left, to say nothing of a scum JOAT or SK. There's just too many unknown to draw any meaningful conclusions. (though I did find it interesting that SK's were discussed much more than Vig's early in the day)

Concerning Toony:
At this point I'm leaning quite heavily towards Toony being town, and I will tell you why.

More (reads, vote) to come, but it's gonna take a minute so I might as well get this out now. If you're voting Toony, tell me what you think of the above.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: January 16, 2014, 01:18:51 am »

Reads! I've focused much more (almost exclusively, really) on the D2 content.

Elephant Parade: The only thing we've gotten D2 (and I do mean the only thing) is a list of reads, due to sickness and lazyness (his words, not mine). C'mon boss, weigh in!
Tiruin: Oh gawd make more short posts. This one is gonna have to wait until tomorrow.
TheDarkStar: The reasoning behind the vote is going to have to wait until tomorrow, but I swear it's coming
Superblackcat: Was initially unsure due to the really vague vote on TDS here, but it looks like he's done an alright job of trying to defend his vote (some here and here and here) instead of backing away from it. Neutral.
scientist: Make his own argument post instead of hopping on with someone else, and striking a conciliatory tone when the object of his suspicions has a decent explanation, but I'm having trouble following some of the arguments involved. We'll call this one neutral for now.
makeinu: You seem pretty clever, and this worries me. I'm going to have to be more critical of your posts, and this will take me a little time.
ToonyMan: Leaning heavily town, for reasons listed in the previous post.
NativeForeigner: Leaning town, due to his exchange with TDS here, and the questions at both Toony and scientist concerning Toony's bluff. Would very much like to see another post from him, though.

Tir, TDS, and mak are going to have to wait until tomorrow: I've got to get to bed. Open to any observations or comments about my last post or this one, though, and will check the thread throughout work tomorrow (and try to get my reads up before/during lunch).
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: January 16, 2014, 02:10:37 am »

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: January 16, 2014, 02:16:58 am »

Elephant Parade: Regarding your last bit: Scientist replaced Puffer and therefore would know everything he's done or hasn't done.
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: January 16, 2014, 02:25:17 am »

Elephant Parade: Regarding your last bit: Scientist replaced Puffer and therefore would know everything he's done or hasn't done.
Oh. Well. In that case, I suppose scientist was either right or responding to an outdated post. I forget if Toony posted after the replacement.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: January 16, 2014, 02:30:17 am »

Tiruin: Oh gawd make more short posts. This one is gonna have to wait until tomorrow.
You try talking to someone who's ignoring you and let's see how you fare.

Wait, you do it better anyways. I mean, you summarized my thoughts on Toony all there before I could whip out this note-sheet and stuff it up the public quorum. >___>

PS: Hapah's running the town-o-meter for me here right now given his disposition, and how he states such astutely, along with the hypothetical part, and its own counterpart.

PPE: And thus I am PPE'd after Hapah's post. Ok, net, please don't mess up on me now. >_<

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: January 16, 2014, 02:32:47 am »

Oh. Well. In that case, I suppose scientist was either right or responding to an outdated post. I forget if Toony posted after the replacement.
O_o

I think you need to jog those memory backs because scientist is Pufferfish's replacement. Unless you mean when Hapah replaced Urist Imiknorris, because if so, then Toony didn't post after the latter, but he did post after the former.

makeinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: January 16, 2014, 03:52:35 am »

Wheee! Time!

Well, not really. Ton of appointments in the morning, and I have to be up super early, but if I don't stay up and do this, it won't get done before the day ends. I think... *checks vote board* Yeah, no way I'll have the time. I don't even guarantee I'll get through everything, but I'll try.

PPE: Insomnia is magical... also, wall of text.

Hapah:

makeinu: You seem pretty clever, and this worries me. I'm going to have to be more critical of your posts, and this will take me a little time.

Flattery will get you nowhere. I don't even kiss on the first date.  :-*

Elephant Parade:

No time to add parsing your post onto this. I'll get to that later, hopefully before the day ends.

So, earlier, I said this:

Toony is acting too town for me to think it's an act. On the flip side of that, I'm still not convinced TDS is scum. He's playing what I'm taking as his normal game, and I just can't get a read on him. Not like I did the last game we played together. He hasn't done anything so blatant as he did that game, and I can't decide if it's just bad play, scummy, or scum that I'm getting off him.

As expected, I see a few arguments both ways, not necessarily directed at me. I mean, I'm vain, sure, isn't everyone a little, but I know I'm not the center of the universe. ;)

On the whole, the arguments presented come down, to my mind, pretty decisively on Toony being town. Jibes with my own thinking based solely on his reactions to the pressure over the Pufferfish vote.

Toony's reactions to the votes and questions is simply too collected. Even the best scum players get rattled, and I'm not seeing any rattling here except on Toony's cage, to which he's simply not reacting. Plus, he's offered up a role-claim if he's lynched, and I've seen Toony do just that before when he wasn't even the lynch target, so I believe he'll do it. A role-claim under those circumstances does scum no good, because... well, because. They're going to flip, and put the lie to the claim immediately. That's serious town action there, and that would make his bluff on Pufferfish even bolder.

Scum rarely play that bold and get away with it. Happens, but rarely.

The arguments against are just...weak. Or not presented at all *cough*SBC*cough*.

There wasn't really anything in defense of TheDarkStar, save his own post, which was surprisingly more wordy than his usual. He tries to give reasons, but they just come across as defensive and deflective of suspicion back to ToonyMan. He even pulls a self-meta with his noted vote flightiness.

And that's where I get stuck with a tunnel vision warning. I always see TDS as flighty and promiscuous with his vote, and so tend to dismiss that as a scum-tell with him. But when he self-metas with it, it's now referential because it becomes WIFOM. Sort of. I think.

And then I go back and have questions about the rest of that post.

Another reason:

Numerous problems I have with this part of this post. Aside from the general defensiveness and deflection.

One. Picking nits, maybe, but why change the color on my quoted Unvote, but not on ToonyMan's vote on you? If I were to speculate, I'd guess afraid that Toaster would have see the red Unvote and think it was your vote, not mine, but would assume you wouldn't vote for yourself. So, why then not just snip it out? Other parts of the post were snipped... I'm treading into WIFOM territory, trying to think what you're thinking when you're doing something.

Two. The use of the phrase "tried to get someone mislynched", just bugs me. There's no proof that Pufferfish/scientist is town, and Toony seemed genuinely suspicious, though I don't really remember if he stated why (not digging back, it's getting late). You seem, with this, dead set that makes ToonyMan scum, not merely scummy, and I ... fear is not quite the right word but it'll have to do for now ... fear certainty in a lynch vote without evidence or at least a strong case to back that certainty up. And you present with certainty that ToonMan is trying to lynch a townie, not just a "random player" as you play it off later.

Three. As I said above, a role-claim done the way Toony presented it is a very solid town tactic. If I'm about to get lynched as town, there's every reason for me to role-claim, especially if I have a power role. That doesn't work for a scum-bluff because they're going to flip on lynch and put the lie to their attempted role-claim.

Four. He explains why he took time in responding, yet you don't acknowledge that. Yes, it might be bullshit, he might've just been attempting to scum-lurk, but coupled with the above bits, I can't see that being the case.

All the evidence I see belies my belief that you're just playing to your meta, and instead points to you being mafia, TheDarkStar.
In 2142, We made the Regenabots. They made us immortal. Now the year is 2165. Too many humans, and not nearly enough to go around. What have we done? Join this dark world today.

The Starcrash. A global disaster that destroyed our homeworld. The AI Council tries to hold us together. But some of us won't be kept in line. We are the Free Captains. We are Star Pirates.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 57