Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 57

Author Topic: Limerick Mafia - AABBA [Game Over!]  (Read 122218 times)

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving Gifts of Bad Luck
    • View Profile
Re: Limerick Mafia - Double Tap [Day 2] [Replacement Needed]
« Reply #495 on: January 14, 2014, 10:46:52 pm »

@SuperBlackCat, thank you for addressing my arguments, but I still have a few problems:

1. I get the problems with Caz's statement that made you switch sides had a few problems, (while he didn't directly say he was town, he said but You switched sides so fast and didn't bother to answer the arguments he gave against you. That seems like a way of avoiding the argument. Also, if you knew that a lot of townies were lynching a townie, saying that the people voting were scum would be a good way of raising suspicions within the town. If you are scum, I suspect you saw your plan didn't work, saw that the guy was starting to accuse you and siding with him only made his argument better, and so decided to accuse him.

2. You could have said there was more than just being defensive before, rather than deflecting, but you could also have better reasons. I'm not sure about TDS, I think that he either is scum, or doesn't care about the game, can't decide which one is more likely, but I definitely don't think there's enough to be able to vote for him with little reason given. It would be nice if you could give me better reasons than being defensive and a gut feeling.

Quite sorry, didn't see this.

1) I'm not sure what I avoided. I said that I don't believe Caz is scum, and Caz pulls out a card (And a shit one at that) that he is playing scummy, so why don't I think he is scum. Not sure what I can make of that, but I just said that it was wifom, and moved on.

2) I can't give you any thing more than defensive and gut feeling. It's basically the way that he is being defensive, doesn't seem correct to me. I believe in gut feelings, and math, and all those heathen stuff to the mafia men, but still.

+!!scientist!!+

• Bay Watcher
  • I came to have fun, but then I found !!FUN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: January 14, 2014, 11:54:41 pm »

Sorry, my homework took a long time, too long. The long of the short of it is that I don't get a vibe from many people, either because they're saying to little, or they say to much. With Tiruin (I think I speeled it write this time) and Makeinu, I feel like there's so many points where they seem suspicious and trustworthy just by talking so much that I'm not quite sure. The only person I'm suspicious about that I haven't mentioned yet is NationalForeigner, and though that may be a knee-jerk reaction to him voting for me, I still feel like he's remained detached from the debates and far to confident in Toonyman, who is currently the person I suspect most.
"what are all these shapes? Why are they moving around. What do they want from me?"

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: January 15, 2014, 12:22:48 am »

[...]NationalForeigner[...]
xD

It's 'NativeForeigner'. A clever twist on the idea..but that's a nice way to say him too.

Also, scientist: I take it you're following conventional mafia tells in order to get a feel on people?

PFP

makeinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: January 15, 2014, 01:07:16 am »

NativeForeigner:

I didn't ask ToonyMan because I'm confident enough that he'll address the matter on his own. Didn't really feel the need to ask for something he's probably going to offer up anyway. The reason I asked the accused for his opinion is to get a better idea of how likely it is he's lying about ToonyMan lying. To me, it seems like SCIENTIST is just trying to get another townie out of the way before he goes down. I just want to see where his head is at.

I'm curious what your take is now that ToonyMan has admitted it was a bluff under questioning.

Partly because I want to know, and partly because I see you've hardly posted at all. Nor has Urist Imiknorris, come to think of it. I'm beginning to seriously suspect we've got someone trying to active scumlurk here, I'm just not sure which.

However, you two are still pale blips on my scumdar. Others raise my hackles more.

Superblackcat, I'm still not confident in any trust of you this game. Your scum-hunting seems publicly weak, and that bugs me. Hunches and gut feelings and all that are fine, but we need more here. Surely you've got something better to offer.

TheDarkStar, I've said it before, and I'll say it again. I DO NOT understand your play style. At all. Every game I see you in, I see the same... detachment. As though you're barely interested at all. I'd like to say it mostly makes me suspicious, because that would be easier. Unfortunately, it mostly makes you hard to read, and I risk focusing too much on you to the detriment of others. Much as I already do with Tiruin...

ToonyMan. I don't really get what that stunt was supposed to accomplish. That you and NativeForeigner both seemed quite willing to jump on Pufferfish when he was already clearly disengaged from the game, based entirely on a ruse, seriously gives me a deeeeeeep itch. And then you, too, return to lurking, busy with real life as you claim. The more I think about that, and then reread what scientist pointed out up there, the less I can gloss over the suspicion I have that I'm being suckered, snowed, deceived...
In 2142, We made the Regenabots. They made us immortal. Now the year is 2165. Too many humans, and not nearly enough to go around. What have we done? Join this dark world today.

The Starcrash. A global disaster that destroyed our homeworld. The AI Council tries to hold us together. But some of us won't be kept in line. We are the Free Captains. We are Star Pirates.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: January 15, 2014, 01:17:56 am »

ToonyMan. I don't really get what that stunt was supposed to accomplish. That you and NativeForeigner both seemed quite willing to jump on Pufferfish when he was already clearly disengaged from the game, based entirely on a ruse, seriously gives me a deeeeeeep itch. And then you, too, return to lurking, busy with real life as you claim. The more I think about that, and then reread what scientist pointed out up there, the less I can gloss over the suspicion I have that I'm being suckered, snowed, deceived...
I'm browsing back as I clicked, and see this.

Mm..I'm still unsure about Toony at the moment--I mean, I may be a bit biased given that I did some of those antics in the past, and guess I could understand his disposition back then in trying a gamble. However..in my own re-read, while Toony has been absent for more than a bit, I don't quite see him as -ez-lynch-frolic-free- type here. It sounds too risky.

Toony: What would you have done when Pufferfish would say that he didn't do anything?

makeinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: January 15, 2014, 02:36:17 am »

Mm..I'm still unsure about Toony at the moment--

As am I. I wan't an explanation, because I see three players that are lurking or active lurking, and I find that a vote typically motivates a response from someone who's not just disappeared entirely. Which Toony hasn't, yet.

It's why I didn't bother voting for or asking questions of UI. Suspicious, maybe a tad, but he's requested replacement, so I'll wait until that resolves before engaging.
In 2142, We made the Regenabots. They made us immortal. Now the year is 2165. Too many humans, and not nearly enough to go around. What have we done? Join this dark world today.

The Starcrash. A global disaster that destroyed our homeworld. The AI Council tries to hold us together. But some of us won't be kept in line. We are the Free Captains. We are Star Pirates.

makeinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: January 15, 2014, 02:36:55 am »

Ha! ran'do'm ap'ostro'phes for the w'in!!

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: January 15, 2014, 03:49:33 am »

NationalForeigner

I giggled at this.

makeinu: I'll address your concern when I have time to write a proper post.
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

+!!scientist!!+

• Bay Watcher
  • I came to have fun, but then I found !!FUN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: January 15, 2014, 08:13:13 am »

NationalForeigner

I giggled at this.
You know, I thought I'd be able to remember your name, seeing as it was actually English. I'd say I'll never do it again, but I'm not so sure anymore.

Next post will probably see me talking to Elephant Prada, MakeINew, SoupOfBlackCat, and Blender.
"what are all these shapes? Why are they moving around. What do they want from me?"

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: January 15, 2014, 11:06:16 am »

Vote Count:

Elephant Parade: 
Tiruin: 
TheDarkStar:  Superblackcat, Tiruin
Superblackcat:  ToonyMan
+!!scientist!!+: 
makeinu: 
Urist Imiknorris: 
ToonyMan:  TheDarkStar, +!!scientist!!+, makeinu
NativeForeigner: 

No Lynch:

Not Voting:  Elephant Parade, Urist Imiknorris, NativeForeigner

Day 2 will last until Wednesday, 1/15 at 11 PM EST, ~12 hours from this post.

HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: January 15, 2014, 01:24:49 pm »

Oh right, something I was thinking about at work today.
This is just a theory, but with the one-extension-per-player-only rule there can be some interesting meta.
For example, scum should not hold onto their extensions, this is because at the end of the game only a few people will have extensions, extensions help town for the most part.  If there's two players left with extensions and only one is willing to extend, then that looks a lot more town.  So to counter this the scum would probably want to extend as early as possible when it's much less useful and won't have the pressure of much needed extends towards the end.
Meh. Too much meta.
Using a one-shot extension has the double benefit of looking town, because scum-meta is shut down conversations, end days on lynches, especially mis-lynches, because they don't care who the town hangs.
Have another glass of wine. I hear the poison is weaker the higher the dose.
That's true.

Toony: Why were you absent, anyway? I recount the day's votes and...it has been more calm than not, from you. Pretty inactive today.
Anything up, there?
I couldn't post yesterday because I'm actually moving into my first apartment ever tomorrow, yeah.  I've been more busy than usual recently.

Also, vote DarkStar because I'm not scum and his vote is by far the weakest on me (even Tiruin defends me!).

Toony: What would you have done when Pufferfish would say that he didn't do anything?
His response should have been within 24 hours, and if he said anything fishy I would have turned it into a lynch vote.  Because he was gone though a lot of people started feeling anticipation for it and I didn't really feel like backing down until he got replaced.

I'll do my Extend: ToonyMan now, but because I am not sure I will have internet access for all of tomorrow I will also be role-claiming tonight if I am the lynch vote.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: January 15, 2014, 01:27:22 pm »

Vote Count:

Elephant Parade: 
Tiruin: 
TheDarkStar:  Superblackcat, Tiruin, ToonyMan
Superblackcat: 
+!!scientist!!+: 
makeinu: 
Urist Imiknorris: 
ToonyMan:  TheDarkStar, +!!scientist!!+, makeinu
NativeForeigner: 

No Lynch:

Not Voting:  Elephant Parade, Urist Imiknorris, NativeForeigner

Toonyman has used his extend.*

Day 2 will last until Thursday, 1/16 at 11 PM EST.

*It's supposed to be on its own line, but I'll count it.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: January 15, 2014, 01:29:19 pm »

I noticed I did it backwards after posting too.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: January 15, 2014, 01:35:19 pm »

For shame.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: January 15, 2014, 03:05:49 pm »

As a heads-up, I've put in a request to replace into this game. Still reading, but if you've got any questions for me or about my predecessor (though I don't know what I'll be able to do about the latter), feel free to post 'em. Assuming I get to replace in, should be able to put something together tonight.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 57