Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 57

Author Topic: Limerick Mafia - AABBA [Game Over!]  (Read 122512 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Limerick Mafia - Double Tap [Day 2] [Replacement Needed]
« Reply #420 on: January 11, 2014, 09:22:33 am »

Answer me this one thing, TheDarkStar:

Have you read my posts at all? All of them?

What have you to say about them?

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: January 11, 2014, 09:28:52 am »

Answer me this one thing, TheDarkStar:

Have you read my posts at all? All of them?

What have you to say about them?

I've read them all; what else would I be responding to?

Your posts seem increasingly frantic and mostly there just to get me lynched as fast as possible. Each post makes me suspect you more and more.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: January 11, 2014, 09:30:20 am »

Could you tell me if you've answered all my questions with a simple yes or no answer?

Next, why do you suspect me again and what caused it? I seem to have forgotten it. No, no quoting please, just type it out once more.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: January 11, 2014, 09:51:39 am »

Ok. You are busy deciding I am scum simply because I did not answer a question (for the second day in a row, you've tried to get me lynched for the same reason). You're also focusing on only getting me dead, with no other thought for who is scum.

Also, you're using lots of ad hominem attacks (attacking the person who is saying things and what they say).

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: January 11, 2014, 10:01:10 am »

...Dude, I only started on D2 on poking you.
You're also focusing on only getting me dead, with no other thought for who is scum.
Actually, I'm sifting through this list of humanoids to see whether or not one is x or y alignment. You can see me focusing on you because my vote is on you, right? Is that why you see me 'getting you dead'? I respect your opinion--however I'd like you to detail it correctly. Right now, I'm confused on what exactly you're trying to say and from what point your arguments stem from.

What did you think of me when I said that my vote on you was a 'pressure vote'?

Also, you're using lots of ad hominem attacks (attacking the person who is saying things and what they say).
Prove it and hang me, then. Go ahead.

I'd love to see you back that up.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: January 11, 2014, 10:11:20 am »

EBWOP: Gah. Again.
Edits in orange.
...Dude, I only started on D2 on poking you. The lack of you refusing to answer me at all, or at least tell me anything but 'RL hit me' or any other mention doesn't speak well--but isn't why I suspect you. I did a re-read and see you able to address others in a perfectly formal manner, something which speaks well of diplomatic intent.

Ok. You are busy deciding I am scum simply because I did not answer a question (for the second day in a row, you've tried to get me lynched for the same reason)
I did not decide on you 'being' scum because of your lack of questioning--it is in how you respond to me that makes me suspicious of you. Yes, you can 'ignore' me, but you should also do well in addressing one who wishes to know more from you, not give flippant and nebulous replies. That does nobody any good. Meaning: It's a null point to me on the questions as those questions only served for me to get to know you more.

It was in the essence (wording//meaning) of your posts that got me. You seem too self-focused and ready to denounce those attacking you. I see misinterpretations in multiple cases and other notations which do not jive with a logically thinking player. A townie, in my book, would care to check his accusations-in the least-or even bother to make a case countering said accusations. You don't seem to do that, and prefer to just sling mud in my face. This is what I'm trying to understand: your thought process. You then continued to shift the entire argument...[/color]
I want to see what your mind ticks along.

Your previous posts give me nothing. I wish to reach a mutual understanding. I am being denied that opportunity.

So, you're saying you're suspicious of me because you can't get a good read on me. That would explain your frustration (which is evidenced by your walls of repetitive giant text).
And I see it is my fault for not making this easy to read. Given how I presume you had read enough--I will state that you are quote mining there. Taking a minor point and blowing it up to seem like a major dissonance.

Let me give you space to breath. You miss everything before the cut-in you have in that quote. Please, tell me why you can't address me much like you did to NativeForeigner in that link.

You're also focusing on only getting me dead, with no other thought for who is scum.
Actually, I'm sifting through this list of humanoids to see whether or not one is x or y alignment. You can see me focusing on you because my vote is on you, right? Is that why you see me 'getting you dead'? I respect your opinion--however I'd like you to detail it correctly. Right now, I'm confused on what exactly you're trying to say and from what point your arguments stem from.

What did you think of me when I said that my vote on you was a 'pressure vote'?

Prove it and hang me, then. Go ahead.

I'd love to see you back that up.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: January 11, 2014, 10:19:41 am »

Aaaand another edit! >_>

I'll just cut it to proportions.
...Dude, I only started on D2 on poking you. The lack of you refusing to answer me at all, or at least tell me anything but 'RL hit me' or any other mention doesn't speak well--but isn't why I suspect you. I did a re-read and see you able to address others in a perfectly formal manner, something which speaks well of diplomatic intent.

Ok. You are busy deciding I am scum simply because I did not answer a question (for the second day in a row, you've tried to get me lynched for the same reason)
I did not decide on you 'being' scum because of your lack of questioning--it is in how you respond to me that makes me suspicious of you. Yes, you can 'ignore' me, but you should also do well in addressing one who wishes to know more from you, not give flippant and nebulous replies. That does nobody any good. Meaning: It's a null point to me on the questions as those questions only served for me to get to know you more.

It was in the essence (wording//meaning) of your posts that got me. You seem too self-focused and ready to denounce those attacking you. I see misinterpretations in multiple cases and other notations which do not jive with a logically thinking player. A townie, in my book, would care to check his accusations-in the least-or even bother to make a case countering said accusations. You don't seem to do that, and prefer to just sling mud in my face. This is what I'm trying to understand: your thought process. You then continued to shift the entire argument...
I want to see what your mind ticks along.

Your previous posts give me nothing. I wish to reach a mutual understanding. I am being denied that opportunity.

So, you're saying you're suspicious of me because you can't get a good read on me. That would explain your frustration (which is evidenced by your walls of repetitive giant text).
And I see it is my fault for not making this easy to read. Given how I presume you had read enough--I will state that you are quote mining there. Taking a minor point and blowing it up to seem like a major dissonance. But I may be wrong. Why do you skew details for your own advantage? Because that's how it seems to me: You're cutting out many points and replacing them with a generalized statement. Can you not quote and link in specifics, to at least bolster your case?

Let me give you space to breath. You miss everything before the cut-in you have in that quote. I'd like you to make note of what I said and target it. On another note: Please, tell me why you can't address me much like you did to NativeForeigner in that link.

[...]

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: January 11, 2014, 11:30:27 am »

PFP I highly highly doubt I'll be able to finish this post no time no time

@Tiruin:
Why is it the obvious scum kill? How was he a strong town read? Perhaps it was only a strong read for you? (Actually I share the read on Caz but still. Opinions Opinions. I wish to know more about your thoughts Toony.)
"Why is it the obvious scum kill."
One hour before Day 1 lynch:
I don't think Caz is the correct lynch for today. He's been very active and I don't really think he's scummy.
If anybody were to say that, that would make them an easy choice to kill since this quote gives townie points.  It is the obvious scum kill.

"How was he a strong town read?"
Do you mean ZU?  Because his reasoning was right about Caz.  That is also why he died.  I addition, I found ZU as a town read before day end because his questioning of you (Tiruin) was reasonably sound, it was about if there's an SK, and I didn't agree with your counterargument.  I made amends and un-voted afterwards though.

I can't even see how it links to UI at all.
Because I was accusing you of being UI's buddy, his scum partner, remember?  You sort of laughed it off.

I have more to write for @Makeinu and also about Pufferfish.

But let me just say now that I'm only more sure there isn't an SK and I am not certain Pufferfish is necessarily mafia.  Because he isn't here though I can't be wasting my vote unfortunately.  So Unvote for now I'll be back later today.

I will say that DarkStar should be voting Tiruin if they suspect them more and voting Pufferfish on my claim I can't even clear up doesn't look too good.

+!!scientist!!+

• Bay Watcher
  • I came to have fun, but then I found !!FUN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: January 11, 2014, 12:28:39 pm »

It seems you still need a replacement, I'd be willing to fill that spot, though I warn you I've only been in one BM, and was lynched on the first day. I'll leave the decision as to whether that's enough experience up to you guys. I have read all the rules, though, and I've read a good deal of what's happened.
"what are all these shapes? Why are they moving around. What do they want from me?"

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: January 11, 2014, 01:13:54 pm »

But let me just say now that I'm only more sure there isn't an SK and I am not certain Pufferfish is necessarily mafia.  Because he isn't here though I can't be wasting my vote unfortunately.  So Unvote for now I'll be back later today.

If you're not sure whether or not Pufferfish is mafia, could you clarify what you think they might be? Maybe tell us what he did at night?
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: January 11, 2014, 03:26:17 pm »

I will say that DarkStar should be voting Tiruin if they suspect them more and voting Pufferfish on my claim I can't even clear up doesn't look too good.

I'm guessing that you saw Pufferfish go and visit one of the people who died, so that makes you unsure but suspicious.

So yeah, I'm switching to Tiruin.

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving Gifts of Bad Luck
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: January 11, 2014, 04:45:13 pm »

TDS. Much Defensive.
Wow.

You do a good job, of doing a bad job.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: January 11, 2014, 04:47:04 pm »

I'm feeling a bit better, so I'm going to be asking people some questions shortly.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: January 11, 2014, 05:11:07 pm »

@Makeinu:
@Superblackcat:
Toony: Mind sharing?
Not yet, I'm also more positive that there is no SK this game but we can get to that.
Why, precisely? And what specifically makes you more positive there's no SK this game? At what point will you be willing to share this secret discovery? I mean, if it's evidence he's scum, then out with it, let's hear the case. Meta, maybe, but I'll refer to where Max White replaced out of Paranormal 23, and turned out to be the last scum. Or are you wanting to wait until he returns/replaces because you're less than certain, yet certain enough to pressure vote?
There's most likely no SK if Persus died because he's a hider and not because he was killed normally.  I address the other points in the reply to Native and I have already unvoted Puffer for the time being because we can't get anywhere if they're not here.

Zombie Urist was the obvious scum kill because he thought of Caz as a strong town right before day end.
How does that make him the obvious scum kill? He had a different suspect in mind, Imperial Guardsman. Just spit-balling here, but given he was apparently convinced that Caz was Town, if I'd been scum, I'd have left him alive and allowed him to start a mislynch train on a Caz voter. So clearly, we think differently, and I'd like to understand your reasoning here.
It's true.  I've addressed this, but to further along this thought if Urist Imik is town then the scum can still do exactly what you are supposing ZU would do towards IG.  The vengeful kill didn't help town at all this time either.

@Tiruin:
Okay, let me go about this a different way.  I don't understand your case on DarkStar here.  You only seem to be voting DarkStar because he's voting UI and your other comments are about him using the wrong bbcode on Day 1, what's suspicious about saying color=blue instead of color=red and then correcting it?
No. Just... no. What's suspicious about typing color=blue instead of color=red, you mean? Aside from the facts that red and blue are different words of different lengths and different meanings that start, progress through, and end on, different parts of the keyboard? <sarcasm>I mean, sure, they both have an "r" and an "e", so I can see how that could be mixed up.</sarcasm>
It's muscle memory.  Whenever I type [color= I subconsciously start doing 'red', what if DarkStar just FoSs people more than I do?  It's not a lynch-worthy vote for me.

Or perhaps you mean how easy it is to slip in the pulldown "Change Color" menu and skip over to the next five intervening menu entries to get blue instead of red?
I don't use that menu, but it's more damning if DarkStar does.  I don't think it's worth asking now at this point since he can lie if he's scum or hurt himself if he's really town.

You seem rather interested in defending TheDarkStar, ToonyMan. Covering, perhaps?
Finding the truth.

@NativeForeigner:
If you're not sure whether or not Pufferfish is mafia, could you clarify what you think they might be? Maybe tell us what he did at night?
They could be town, mafia, or an SK possibly, and with Persus flipping hider he probably died from hiding behind anti-town, but that could explain another kill as well.  It's very vexing.  This matter would have been settled quickly if Pufferfish was actually here, so hopefully the scientist that is on fire can replace in.

I will not say what he did at night until he says what he did first.

@Superblackcat:
TDS. Much Defensive.
Wow.

Is that it?  Have other thoughts or concerns?

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving Gifts of Bad Luck
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: January 11, 2014, 07:21:10 pm »

@Superblackcat:
Quote from: Superblackcat on Today at 04:45:13 pm
TDS. Much Defensive.
Wow.
Is that it?  Have other thoughts or concerns?
Do I need any other reasons? I think being so defensive is a scum tell. And you can pretty much see it in the past two pages.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 57