Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 57

Author Topic: Limerick Mafia - AABBA [Game Over!]  (Read 122653 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Limerick Mafia - Double Tap [Day 2] [Replacement Needed]
« Reply #405 on: January 11, 2014, 02:32:19 am »

Also, really SBC. I understand that you'd like to support my mood or stuff, but...no glasses jokes please. I have glasses and...my retina feels hurt by your words. :/

Could I ask the kitty cat what's his reads on the general populace in this time lapse?

makeinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: January 11, 2014, 04:22:56 am »

Toonyman:

@Pufferfish:
I know what you did last night.

Okay, so you "know" something, but you won't reveal it yet.

@Superblackcat:
Toony: Mind sharing?
Not yet, I'm also more positive that there is no SK this game but we can get to that.

Why, precisely? And what specifically makes you more positive there's no SK this game? At what point will you be willing to share this secret discovery? I mean, if it's evidence he's scum, then out with it, let's hear the case. Meta, maybe, but I'll refer to where Max White replaced out of Paranormal 23, and turned out to be the last scum. Or are you wanting to wait until he returns/replaces because you're less than certain, yet certain enough to pressure vote?

Clarification, please.

Zombie Urist was the obvious scum kill because he thought of Caz as a strong town right before day end.

How does that make him the obvious scum kill? He had a different suspect in mind, Imperial Guardsman. Just spit-balling here, but given he was apparently convinced that Caz was Town, if I'd been scum, I'd have left him alive and allowed him to start a mislynch train on a Caz voter. So clearly, we think differently, and I'd like to understand your reasoning here.

@Tiruin:
Okay, let me go about this a different way.  I don't understand your case on DarkStar here.  You only seem to be voting DarkStar because he's voting UI and your other comments are about him using the wrong bbcode on Day 1, what's suspicious about saying color=blue instead of color=red and then correcting it?

No. Just... no. What's suspicious about typing color=blue instead of color=red, you mean? Aside from the facts that red and blue are different words of different lengths and different meanings that start, progress through, and end on, different parts of the keyboard? <sarcasm>I mean, sure, they both have an "r" and an "e", so I can see how that could be mixed up.</sarcasm>

Or perhaps you mean how easy it is to slip in the pulldown "Change Color" menu and skip over to the next five intervening menu entries to get blue instead of red?

And then he defended it with sloppy reasoning didn't really defend it at all, in fact.

You seem rather interested in defending TheDarkStar, ToonyMan. Covering, perhaps?

TheDarkStar:

Interesting, a roleclaim already? Because of this, you must either be a town tracker or a one-shot tracker (or lying, but fakeclaiming as an investigative role early is nearly impossible to pull off).

Buh? Pushing for a role-claim? Really? I'm... suspicious... with the way this is worded. You seem more interested in ToonyMan's role-claim than in the information he claims to have against Pufferfish. Why? Already talk about it behind the scenes, did you? So you know what it is that ToonyMan "knows"? Care to share?

Bah.

Yeah, it's sad you died. We'll try to win in your absence :).

Buh? Buh?!? In all my years of playing forum mafia games, this marks the only time I've seen a death post replied to. Referenced, yes, the other forum I play on used to have the cultural norm of allowing informative death posts, but never replied to.

What the hell is this?

Tiruin:

Can you stop yelling please? It hurts my myopia. ;) I think I can read that on Google Maps. ;)

Superblackcat:

To you as well, with the giant font. Also, I get the PFP thing, but care in quoting not only means others don't have to skip over repeats of entire posts, but it helps to support your argument by increasing legibility and parsibility. Unless, of course, you'd prefer we skip over your posts and fail to notice their general lack of content.

Is that it? Is that why you don't seem "able" to grasp how the quote function works, or to use it properly? Have you something to hide in your active lurking, then?
In 2142, We made the Regenabots. They made us immortal. Now the year is 2165. Too many humans, and not nearly enough to go around. What have we done? Join this dark world today.

The Starcrash. A global disaster that destroyed our homeworld. The AI Council tries to hold us together. But some of us won't be kept in line. We are the Free Captains. We are Star Pirates.

makeinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: January 11, 2014, 04:29:12 am »

Off-topic:

In 2142, We made the Regenabots. They made us immortal. Now the year is 2165. Too many humans, and not nearly enough to go around. What have we done? Join this dark world today.

The Starcrash. A global disaster that destroyed our homeworld. The AI Council tries to hold us together. But some of us won't be kept in line. We are the Free Captains. We are Star Pirates.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: January 11, 2014, 08:00:31 am »

No, he did--if at least he explained a part of it concerning why his posts seem to skip over. Makes sense now, however I do expect answers to those questions given the case of...multiple days of absence, then no apparent answer.

However I've to point on how you keep on redirecting some kind of idea as a subtlety.
Take your yelling to someone else, where the problem is being scum and not having a few days of RL going on.
Mhmm. So since I am scum, I yell more, isn't that right?
Wrong.
I do this because I am tired of being ignored--the best thing you can do, given RL in the way, is at least acknowledge other people by giving them even a tiny note. Even the tiniest of: "Tiruin i'll get back to you" even without the grammar or punctuation. That's quite fine with me.

But ignoring me straight out?
Don't take me for an ignorant here. I am very well aware that RL kicks in at times--I could add in the purpose of self-management (time management, in other words) given how I myself am working full time as a pre-med student and taking these little snippets of my free time to go on a nice forum and play a fun game.

I make sure people know I'm busy--hence I append a PFP or leave a general note in advance. None of these, you did until now, hence why I'm telling y'all this.

Got me?

I've explained that I had RL going on, but I did not expect it to happen. I can't foretell the future for certain events.

Reviewing what has been written, I'm voting for Pufferfish (either Pufferfish or ToonyMan is probably scum), with Tiruin as my second suspect for irrationally voting for me. It's suspicious that you just want me dead; you have not done anything else whatsoever on this game day. Getting random people lynched is not the way to win, especially if there are people with actual evidence behind them
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: January 11, 2014, 08:05:14 am »

You accuse me of irrationally voting you but you don't even dare poke at the reasons.

I haven't done anything else? On contraire, I have developed my reads--and checked on how the proceeds go. Are you going to back up your claims or mudsling all the way out?

Getting random people lynched is not the way to win, especially if there are people with actual evidence behind them
OUCH, My irony got hurt!
Prove me damned wrong, TDS. You react much to a vote as if it was meant--yet I meant it in favor of gleaning what kind of person you are, and discerning if that is along a positive notion of innocence, or a negative one.

I am not smiling at the results.

Could you also detail your reads on everyone, including your target, and the reasons why and what caused them?

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: January 11, 2014, 08:20:41 am »

You accuse me of irrationally voting you but you don't even dare poke at the reasons.

I haven't done anything else? On contraire, I have developed my reads--and checked on how the proceeds go. Are you going to back up your claims or mudsling all the way out?

Getting random people lynched is not the way to win, especially if there are people with actual evidence behind them
OUCH, My irony got hurt!
Prove me damned wrong, TDS. You react much to a vote as if it was meant--yet I meant it in favor of gleaning what kind of person you are, and discerning if that is along a positive notion of innocence, or a negative one.

I am not smiling at the results.

Could you also detail your reads on everyone, including your target, and the reasons why and what caused them?

Here's my current list:

Elephant Parade: No read due to not doing all that much.
Tiruin: Scum lean because of the aforementioned irrationality.
SBC: Slight scum lean for simply agreeing with people without a reason. (see this:)
Nice Job Not Answering the question! I think you need glasses.

Pufferfish: Toony's accusation gives him a scum lean.
makeinu: Town lean for detailed responses.
UI: Slight scum lean from strongly advocating a mislynch.
ToonyMan: Town lean unless Pufferfish is town; likely scum after that.
NativeForeigner: Slight town lean; he might suspect me, but he's asking reasonably.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: January 11, 2014, 08:23:50 am »

I love how most of those reads are either based on what others did, or are not detailed.

Tiruin lifts her cup of tea and hangs her head to the heavens.

Now can you defend your case against me on why my vote on you is irrational?

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: January 11, 2014, 08:29:16 am »

I love how most of those reads are either based on what others did, or are not detailed.

Tiruin lifts her cup of tea and hangs her head to the heavens.

Now can you defend your case against me on why my vote on you is irrational?

If you want an excessively long post, I can point out where all my suspicions come from.

Your vote is irrational because you are getting angrier and angrier just nitpicking about how long it takes me to answer, instead of actually going after someone with a real case.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: January 11, 2014, 08:42:04 am »

Um, isn't that already ironic that you aren't answering me when it could easily be typed? Like, replace all those key presses back there on redundancy and answering it? I mean, those questions are directly correlated to what you do. I see something scummy and weird (ie how you worded your notes). I jump in and poke some queries. While you did answer one of them, you leave the others left out.

Hence my text size increments. To get you to answer them. You don't answer them at all, instead of an 'I don't understand this' or any 'This doesn't make sense, (issue rebuttal)'.

No, you leave me hanging.

I mean, really. Intentionally delaying and accusing without evidence doesn't bode well in my book, and that's what it seems to me--the latter, moreso than the former. As stated before, it was originally a pressure vote--I've learned from your silence, however. You have done no less than announce yourself and have proven quite the translucent shell.

That said, making a re-read. I get your point that I'm somehow lacking on the rest, but I now have a firm stand on you here, may it be known.

Also I like how my skill in formatting makes it look like anger. Brilliant, no?

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: January 11, 2014, 08:54:40 am »

Also I like how my skill in formatting makes it look like anger. Brilliant, no?

Large letters are usually understood to be angrier.

Here's my reasons:

Here's my current list:

Elephant Parade: No read due to not doing all that much.
Tiruin: Scum lean because of the aforementioned irrationality.
SBC: Slight scum lean for simply agreeing with people without a reason. (see this:)
Nice Job Not Answering the question! I think you need glasses.

Pufferfish: Toony's accusation gives him a scum lean.
makeinu: Town lean for detailed responses.
UI: Slight scum lean from strongly advocating a mislynch.
ToonyMan: Town lean unless Pufferfish is town; likely scum after that.
NativeForeigner: Slight town lean; he might suspect me, but he's asking reasonably.

(not listing the people who haven't done much, simply because there is nothing to point at)

Pufferfish: This post:
@Pufferfish:
I know what you did last night.

Tiruin: I've been quoting you for quite a while, so you can reread my posts where I did give reasons.

makeinu: He feels town, mainly because he hasn't done anything in a while that makes me suspect him. Either that, or he's lying perfectly.

UI: I have voiced my opinions before.

ToonyMan: See the reason for Pufferfish's vote.

NativeForeigner: Note his reasonable posts. He asks questions without a page of yelling, and then responds respectfully to what I say (even if he disagrees with it).

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: January 11, 2014, 09:03:44 am »

ugh. I saw those reasons--do you see me asking you to restate it in my last post? If so, then that just makes me blind as well as being...whatever!

Tiruin: I've been quoting you for quite a while, so you can reread my posts where I did give reasons.

Give me a moment.
You mean this? THIS? Of all the 'reasons' you tout?

Mmm, let's bring that magnifying glass backwards a bit, shall we?

Starting at [48]:
We have one answer. One.
Nothing. Else. In. *Your. **Posts. Dictate. The. *Plurality. Of. Giving reason"s" at all to Tiruin.

*-Ooohh lookie, another note to me! Nope, no answer detected.
**-Ahh, now see? You can ask others if you missed the question! You aren't doing that to me.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: January 11, 2014, 09:09:55 am »

ugh. I saw those reasons--do you see me asking you to restate it in my last post? If so, then that just makes me blind as well as being...whatever!

Give me a moment.
You mean this? THIS? Of all the 'reasons' you tout?

Mmm, let's bring that magnifying glass backwards a bit, shall we?

Starting at [48]:
We have one answer. One.
Nothing. Else. In. *Your. **Posts. Dictate. The. *Plurality. Of. Giving reason"s" at all to Tiruin.

*-Ooohh lookie, another note to me! Nope, no answer detected.
**-Ahh, now see? You can ask others if you missed the question! You aren't doing that to me.

You're reading it wrong. I indicated simply that my previous posts stated why I was doing what I was. Do your posts say the same? Also, your attitude has shown that you don't tend to respond well when I ask things, so I've stopped trying.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: January 11, 2014, 09:13:40 am »

EBWOP: Grah preview. >:I

-and rather than state any kind of diplomacy to me, you react thusly towards what you perceive is aggression without taking the fore and asking the 'aggressor' on why she's doing that.

I did not intend aggression. No. What I intended is your attention. I get mud. Grimy scummy mud after a hard noon's rain caked with the insects and boring creatures of the earth. It. Hurts. My. Face.

I tried a method to at least discern how you play, because let's face it, I've seen you play before and calm asking you stuff results in little details. Superficial details--while though it explains much, it leaves me with wishing to know more. Because its as if you keep stuff to yourself, either as a personal defensive mechanism, or that's actually your playstyle.

I've tried this 'aggression' to "make you crack." Play the 'bad cop' for once.

You're reading it wrong. I indicated simply that my previous posts stated why I was doing what I was. Do your posts say the same? Also, your attitude has shown that you don't tend to respond well when I ask things, so I've stopped trying.
. . .I see.
So you divert these back with an offhand gesture.

Could you please, as well as you can, incriminate me correctly? Your accusations veer on the line of suspect instead of suspicion. Please, back it up. I want to see my errors. I want to see where my attitude has gone wrong. I want to see what your mind ticks along.

Your previous posts give me nothing. I wish to reach a mutual understanding. I am being denied that opportunity.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: January 11, 2014, 09:17:54 am »

I want to see what your mind ticks along.

Your previous posts give me nothing. I wish to reach a mutual understanding. I am being denied that opportunity.

So, you're saying you're suspicious of me because you can't get a good read on me. That would explain your frustration (which is evidenced by your walls of repetitive giant text).

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: January 11, 2014, 09:21:38 am »

Bloody frickin'-

*throws hands up*

Goodnight.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 57