Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 57

Author Topic: Limerick Mafia - AABBA [Game Over!]  (Read 122527 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Limerick Mafia - Get the Show on the Road [Day 1]
« Reply #300 on: January 06, 2014, 06:51:25 am »

Tiruin: SK? Power role of some kind. Vague role-claim seems to indicate anyway. Seems assured of presence of certain scum roles. Very hard to read, as always, easily agitated. Press D2. Null.
I'm actually Vanilla town. How surprising.[/snark]

WHERE do I seem assured?! I recall asking you exactly to state it before (or was that in Paranormal), but if you've to present this kind of read, I'm surely interested at where you pull it out.

Also I'm more agitated at how my connection goes than at anyone else's shallow comments and beliefs on me this game--they seem to want to provoke aggression more than not.

And press me now, bucko. Nothing's stopping you.

makeinu: Your read on Tiruin seems contradictory. What makes you guess SK? If it's what I think it is (seems assured of presence of SK), what makes you guess SK over mafia?

Actually, though I haven't noted in in my sketch notes on Tiruin, it was my early inclination that she might be an SK. My reading of her questions about that part of the setup led me down a path that ended up, I think, being a lot of WIFOM. My reasoning was that if an SK does exist in this game, the mafia team won't know that any more than we do. Therefore, strong assurance that it must exist can only logically be one of two things:

1) the SK trying to convince everyone that they don't exist by bringing it up and getting someone else to point out the likelihood, or

2) someone genuinely misreading the setup or genuinely speculating.

After further review and consideration, and some later replies, I set aside that notion, though because she is still hard for me to read, I remain suspicious there's more to her than meets the eye this game. I won't absolutely rule out SK or mafia, but I'm not looking for evidence to support a confirmation bias.
@bolded part: Like WHAT?!
That statement is more of flavoring than not to anything else you've said. Cutting out these pleonasms gives the gist of 'I'm suspecting Tiruin because stuffs.' wherein the vagueness is implicit. Excuse given, though, that its a natural reaction.

However the degree of how you repeat it is very interesting. Why can't you just ask me instead of speculating IN MY FACE as if I'm a variable instead of A PERSON.

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving Gifts of Bad Luck
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: January 06, 2014, 10:37:30 am »

Lies! All I see are strings of code Tiruin! :P

Urist: Nothing actually, I'm currently debating with whom to start.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: January 06, 2014, 11:20:49 am »

*points at probably significant post comment*
Lies! All I see are strings of code Tiruin! :P
What do you see?

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: January 06, 2014, 01:12:50 pm »

Finished reread. The following people are scummiest in no particular order.
Persus13 for having done no scumhunting in his posts. His final vote is on Pufferfish for lurking and its too late in the day to call out lurkers. His previous posts are basically  all answers to questions and mafia theory discussions. 1 2 3
Imperial Guardsman - Just as bad as Persus13. Nonexistant scumhunting and extremely passive.
TheDarkStar - Started being passive after an ok RVS. Reasons for voting are short and weak. Also for some reason tried to answer for me when Tiruin asked for reasons on my scumpicks, which is very strange.
Superblackcat - Sidetracked into a theory discussion. All his posts are super super short.

The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: January 06, 2014, 02:14:16 pm »

ZU answer me. While I've the excuse of bad net in particular, you don't.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: January 06, 2014, 04:43:20 pm »

TheDarkStar - Reasons for voting are short and weak.

Yeah, I'm thinking Unvote since so much has changed between today and the day I voted on.

TheDarkStar - Also for some reason tried to answer for me when Tiruin asked for reasons on my scumpicks, which is very strange.

I don't remember that, I must have misread a post somewhere. Can you link me to it?
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: January 06, 2014, 05:09:22 pm »

Persus13 for having done no scumhunting in his posts. His final vote is on Pufferfish for lurking and its too late in the day to call out lurkers.
I apologize, I've been tired and busy with life. As for voting lurkers, that's what I do a lot of midday.

Also, I need to reread the thread too. Thanks for reminding me.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: January 06, 2014, 05:51:06 pm »

How many hours until the day ends? Five?

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: January 06, 2014, 05:54:33 pm »

Twenty-nine.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: January 06, 2014, 06:00:30 pm »

Twenty-nine.

Wait, extends lengthen the day by 48 hours and not 24?

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: January 06, 2014, 06:01:45 pm »

Twenty-nine.

Nope, I just was off on the normal day this would end by 1.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: January 06, 2014, 06:20:20 pm »

Heh, I don't suspect anyone... at all thus far, I am quite curious as to why you guys are all voting caz... and where teh differences in reason comes between you guys...

Sadly, no one has answered..

IMO, someone voting Caz should be mafia, and I'm looking for that person..
Why are you following my lead? What are your reasons for not suspecting me as being scum?

What scraps?
Saying I'm lying about something that doesn't really make sense in context.

It's too fast and too many.
Because I look scummy? Why're you defending me, SBC? Know that I'll flip town and want to appear on the right side of smart town? Having no suspects at all this late in the day is very lazy, also.

And your rule that one of those voting Caz is scum is likely, but not necessarily true. 9 people are not voting Caz.
Yea, it's not a hard and fast rule, but very likely seeing as that the goal of scum is to get as quick a lynch as possible so there's less time for people to play around and be seen. Of the votes on me so far, Imperial Guardsman is leading as the "scum taking advantage of town voting" guy. I am really not good with words today. Wasn't even going to make this post but it's been aaaages ffs.

1. Why are you claiming your role Day1? -__- You know this is bad for town, right? y u do dis.

2. Why is this a purely defensive response? Where are your own suspects? Your own questions?

Hopefully before the day's end. Apparently you're convinced I'm town, but are happy to see the rest of the town lynch me with only a pretty passive question in response. You even used your extend for me, then proceeded to do absolutely nothing. Could it be that you just want to seem like you were right, while getting the lynch you want?

Btw, on a second re-reading I'm more assured that makeinu is town. So I'll unvote and go Imperial Guardsman for his as-yet reasonless vote on joining the caz bandwagon. Not that my vote will do anything by this point, but w/e.

I also enclose my shoddy scumlist materials in case this day ends as soon as I think  O_o

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: January 06, 2014, 09:18:07 pm »

Vote Count:

Elephant Parade:
Persus13: zombie urist
Tiruin:
TheDarkStar:
Superblackcat:
Pufferfish: Persus13
Imperial Guardsman: NativeForeigner, Caz
zombie urist: Tiruin
makeinu:
Urist Imiknorris:
ToonyMan: Pufferfish, Elephant Parade
NativeForeigner:
Caz: Imperial Guardsman, Urist Imiknorris, ToonyMan, makeinu

No Lynch:

Not Voting: Superblackcat, TheDarkStar

Day 1 will last until Tuesday, 1/7 at 11 PM EST.

Pufferfish has been prodded a second time.  If he does not post soon, he will be replaced.

Twenty-nine.

24 hours, but weekends don't count.  The first moved it from Friday to Monday.  Now the day ends in a bit under 26 hours.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving Gifts of Bad Luck
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: January 06, 2014, 09:47:35 pm »

Heh, I don't suspect anyone... at all thus far, I am quite curious as to why you guys are all voting caz... and where teh differences in reason comes between you guys...

Sadly, no one has answered..

IMO, someone voting Caz should be mafia, and I'm looking for that person..
Why are you following my lead? What are your reasons for not suspecting me as being scum?

What scraps?
Saying I'm lying about something that doesn't really make sense in context.

It's too fast and too many.
Because I look scummy? Why're you defending me, SBC? Know that I'll flip town and want to appear on the right side of smart town? Having no suspects at all this late in the day is very lazy, also.

And your rule that one of those voting Caz is scum is likely, but not necessarily true. 9 people are not voting Caz.
Yea, it's not a hard and fast rule, but very likely seeing as that the goal of scum is to get as quick a lynch as possible so there's less time for people to play around and be seen. Of the votes on me so far, Imperial Guardsman is leading as the "scum taking advantage of town voting" guy. I am really not good with words today. Wasn't even going to make this post but it's been aaaages ffs.

1. Why are you claiming your role Day1? -__- You know this is bad for town, right? y u do dis.

2. Why is this a purely defensive response? Where are your own suspects? Your own questions?

Hopefully before the day's end. Apparently you're convinced I'm town, but are happy to see the rest of the town lynch me with only a pretty passive question in response. You even used your extend for me, then proceeded to do absolutely nothing. Could it be that you just want to seem like you were right, while getting the lynch you want?

Btw, on a second re-reading I'm more assured that makeinu is town. So I'll unvote and go Imperial Guardsman for his as-yet reasonless vote on joining the caz bandwagon. Not that my vote will do anything by this point, but w/e.

I also enclose my shoddy scumlist materials in case this day ends as soon as I think  O_o

Heh Caz, Why are you arguing against yourself!

It's because you don't stick out like a sore thumb... yet. Actually this post makes you kinda stick out like a sore thumb. That uncanny valley think Makeinu was talking about.

ZU: do you see any statement within the game that strikes you as super scummy? Or is there a reason that you don't really have anything specific.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: January 06, 2014, 09:50:53 pm »

Tiruin, why are you hinting about your role D1? And why are you claiming vanilla town? That just seems really odd to me.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 57