Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 57

Author Topic: Limerick Mafia - AABBA [Game Over!]  (Read 122437 times)

makeinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Limerick Mafia - Get the Show on the Road [Day 1]
« Reply #255 on: January 03, 2014, 02:58:47 pm »

And that's exactly the sense in which I used that term.

TDS, under pressure, "Hey! Look at that guy over there looking scummy!"
In 2142, We made the Regenabots. They made us immortal. Now the year is 2165. Too many humans, and not nearly enough to go around. What have we done? Join this dark world today.

The Starcrash. A global disaster that destroyed our homeworld. The AI Council tries to hold us together. But some of us won't be kept in line. We are the Free Captains. We are Star Pirates.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: January 03, 2014, 03:37:39 pm »

NativeForeigner: I find it slightly suspicious that you "didn't realize this had started." Seriously. There are at least two ways you should have been notified.

1: The New Replies tab. Unless you don't use it/didn't know about it, you should have been able to figure it out.
2: The PM. If you use the forums AT ALL, you should've noticed the PM. It even goes to your email as well.

Unless you weren't using your email OR the forums, you should've noticed. I suppose that you might have been very busy, in which case dang I wasted time writing this.

Also, I speed-read the last few pages, so if anybody asked me questions please repost.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: January 03, 2014, 03:41:06 pm »

I got bored and did some searching and found this.
http://www.starpirates.net/forums/forum/viewthread.php?rowstart=420&forum_id=22&thread_id=32342#post_330557
You have to sign up but it takes 5 seconds and you only need a username/password.
Its the only instance of "bus" I found in a mafia context so I think makeinu is telling the truth.

However this doesn't mean he isn't scum huhuhh...
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: January 03, 2014, 03:47:03 pm »

Elephant Parade: I use the forums for Mafia and that's literally it. I don't open it unless I'm posting and it's been a while. I only found out after sorting through my junk email and I noticed I was prodded.

I work full time, take classes, hosted for the holidays, and I'm married. Busy is a word for it.

Regarding Makeinu: Different forums have different semantics and I can understand where he gets his definition of bus. Typically I look at "throwing someone under the bus" as throwing your buddy under the bus, not just anybody. That aside, while semantics will get you on my watchlist, rarely do I ever consider it reason enough alone to call someone out as scum.
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: January 03, 2014, 03:50:29 pm »

Elephant Parade: I use the forums for Mafia and that's literally it. I don't open it unless I'm posting and it's been a while. I only found out after sorting through my junk email and I noticed I was prodded.
Ah. In that case, I recommend you keep Bay12 in an App Tab, which automatically opens whenever you open Firefox. Chrome and IE probably have App Tabs as well.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: January 03, 2014, 03:57:27 pm »

Ah. In that case, I recommend you keep Bay12 in an App Tab, which automatically opens whenever you open Firefox. Chrome and IE probably have App Tabs as well.

I use Opera. I have it in speed dial. I keep it open when I'm actually playing a round of Mafia, such as now.
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving Gifts of Bad Luck
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: January 03, 2014, 04:07:24 pm »

Makeinu, It's 6/2 6 total, 2 scum... or 4 town, 2 scum...

A classic game is 7/2 with 7 total, 2 scum... Hope the clears it :P

4/2 is a town loss.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: January 03, 2014, 04:09:52 pm »

Makeinu: I really don't understand what's going on with you. Your play seems really strange.
So, the best way to play a Vig as pro-Town would be to not play the Vig at all. Because you can't be sure.
I don't really understand your hate on Vigs. I'd like to point out that in Paranormal, RangerCado getting killed may have prevented the game from continuing another day. Vigs killing town can still help town.

Persus: You're also throwing a weak vote and just letting it sit. I'm less picky about yours because it wasn't a lynching vote, but it still requires attention. Do you think Caz deserves to die for your original reasoning or is there more to it?
Caz's reasoning for his "slip" didn't really seem that convincing to me. However, after some thought and realizing that's pretty much the only thing I had on him I'm thinking that maybe I should focus on those going after him.

Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

makeinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: January 03, 2014, 04:23:13 pm »

I got bored and did some searching and found this.
http://www.starpirates.net/forums/forum/viewthread.php?rowstart=420&forum_id=22&thread_id=32342#post_330557
You have to sign up but it takes 5 seconds and you only need a username/password.
Its the only instance of "bus" I found in a mafia context so I think makeinu is telling the truth.

However this doesn't mean he isn't scum huhuhh...

Wait.. is this you? http://www.spybattle.com/profiles.php?id=30003

Man, got my hopes up for a second...  :-\

If you don't care to register (and I won't recruit here/now), there's a Google searchable archive of the forums here. Most of the games are tagged "Mafia".

For a fun experiment in different styles, see how well this went: http://www.starpirates.net/forums/archive.php?forum_id=22&thread_id=32716&low=0

Yeah, that's me running it, borrowing liberally from here, set-up and all. Don't care to look? Tl;dr... not so good.

Makeinu, It's 6/2 6 total, 2 scum... or 4 town, 2 scum...

A classic game is 7/2 with 7 total, 2 scum... Hope the clears it :P

Maybe where you're from. Where I'm from, a "classic" game is more like 20-25 total, with 4-6 scum.

4/2 is a town loss.

If they mislynch.

Bah... semantics.

So, the best way to play a Vig as pro-Town would be to not play the Vig at all. Because you can't be sure.
I don't really understand your hate on Vigs. I'd like to point out that in Paranormal, RangerCado getting killed may have prevented the game from continuing another day. Vigs killing town can still help town.

How can I make this clear: I've watched too many Vigs killing indiscriminately cost the Town victory.
In 2142, We made the Regenabots. They made us immortal. Now the year is 2165. Too many humans, and not nearly enough to go around. What have we done? Join this dark world today.

The Starcrash. A global disaster that destroyed our homeworld. The AI Council tries to hold us together. But some of us won't be kept in line. We are the Free Captains. We are Star Pirates.

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving Gifts of Bad Luck
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: January 03, 2014, 04:26:36 pm »

I'm from epicmafia.com Inu :P

also 4:2 is a town loss, because it's 2 town, and 2 mafia, 4 total people AGHA:LKJWERHN:LK!J@K

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: January 03, 2014, 04:30:43 pm »

also 4:2 is a town loss, because it's 2 town, and 2 mafia, 4 total people AGHA:LKJWERHN:LK!J@K
In theory, if one of the mafia is an absentee and doesn't vote, town could win. The remaining mafia would reduce it to 1/1 unless they're also an absentee or a power role saves the target, though.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: January 03, 2014, 04:32:35 pm »

Normally, yes, but in this setup, town doesn't lose until all town members are eliminated. However, I think its safe to say that 4:2 is practically a town loss, unless both are vigs who manage to kill scum.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

makeinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: January 03, 2014, 04:34:20 pm »

*facepalms* 4:2 is a mathematical expression of a ratio. It indicates on the left four parts of something, and on the right two parts of something else. But you aren't specifying what is indicated on either side. I assume it means 4 Town:2 Scum, and that's how I'm using it.

If you expect me not to misunderstand you, then you have to communicate clearly, and that doesn't. If you mean to say 6:2 means "six players, two are scum", then say so clearly, otherwise we're going to spend a lot of time arguing semantics.

PPE:

In theory, if one of the mafia is an absentee and doesn't vote, town could win. The remaining mafia would reduce it to 1/1 unless they're also an absentee or a power role saves the target, though.

In theory, yes. In practice, most mods/GMs end the game with a scum win on a tie, because there's nothing to stop the scum from outnumbering Town. In my experience.

makeinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: January 03, 2014, 04:44:52 pm »

Aaaaand... I missed where you did say that, despite quoting it...  ::)

I'm'a go take a nap...

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: January 03, 2014, 04:58:43 pm »

For the record, I'm using the standard Mafia wincon as well:

You win when the Mafia obtain a majority or nothing can prevent this from occurring.

In other words, if the Mafia will win and nothing can stop it, the game will end.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 57