Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 57

Author Topic: Limerick Mafia - AABBA [Game Over!]  (Read 122440 times)

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Limerick Mafia - Get the Show on the Road [Day 1]
« Reply #240 on: January 03, 2014, 01:04:30 pm »

Oh, I messed that up. Im not voting myself, BTW, Thats Natives Vote. FOS on Elephant because of his slip, and Caz because hes the scummiest.

With an explanation like that, you may as well be voting yourself.

No questions because everyone's already asked the questions I would.

Caz:

You missed this:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

makeinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: January 03, 2014, 01:08:28 pm »

- - - - - Day 1 - - - - -
 + TheDarkStar votes makeinu (bussing for cred)
o_o Explain this please.

That would be his meaningless vote that I blew off because he's throwing votes around like fireworks. Shorthand notes make stuff easier to read for me. I don't need a paragraph to remind me why someone did something, just a few words.

That's correct. I don't want a Vig pulling what Jim did on RangerCado in Paranormal23. You remember that, right? 'Cause it was your Assassin Bot he used to kill the only goddamn Townie to die in that game with. Goddamn loose cannons. Because, ya know what? Most of the time, give someone the power to kill unilaterally, they'll use it. And they'll hit someone they shouldn't.

Eh, I still think that was a good move on Jim's part. It proved me as my claimed role, while removing a suspect. We were hardly in a dangerous position in that game at that point.

While I agree with you, because you're right, it could have gone quite a bit worse. And I've seen it go worse. I just don't like loose cannons.

I'm not convinced scum, just scummy.
Why do people say that every game ._.

Dunno. Maybe for the same reason people say it about me every game.
In 2142, We made the Regenabots. They made us immortal. Now the year is 2165. Too many humans, and not nearly enough to go around. What have we done? Join this dark world today.

The Starcrash. A global disaster that destroyed our homeworld. The AI Council tries to hold us together. But some of us won't be kept in line. We are the Free Captains. We are Star Pirates.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: January 03, 2014, 01:13:47 pm »

Fine, who are your current suspects and what are you doing to get them lynched?
First off - Urist Imiknorris. Posts were devoid of scumhunting until I called him out on it and voted him, in response he voted me for apparently lying on something that makes little sense, but he hasn't questioned anyone else so much, possible tunnelling.

Imperial Guardsmen - very lazy and unsubstantiated bw vote that I've been harping on about is a good scum indicator all game.

makeinu just had a very strange scumslip, which he will doubtlessly laugh off in his next post.

There's a couple others but don't have any good arguments to level at them yet.

What am I doing to get them lynched? Posting and asking questions, I guess. I only have one vote, but hopefully others will make their own conclusions from the conversations. As Toony said, you can't vote someone for being "too town", even if your scum sensors are ringing off the hook.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: January 03, 2014, 01:17:34 pm »

o_o Explain this please.

That would be his meaningless vote that I blew off because he's throwing votes around like fireworks. Shorthand notes make stuff easier to read for me. I don't need a paragraph to remind me why someone did something, just a few words.
Then I'd expect "meaningless vote" or "throwing vote around... again" as a subtitle. "bussing for cred", really? The only way he could be bussing you is that if you're both scum. Anything else makes no sense at all.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: January 03, 2014, 01:24:30 pm »

That is an interesting choice of diction. These are your own notes, you admitted. So you would have no problem using a term that pegs you as scum for yourself. My guess is you probably forgot to change that when you posed your notes.

In short, why "bussing" instead of any other choice of word?

makeinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: January 03, 2014, 01:25:24 pm »

Then I'd expect "meaningless vote" or "throwing vote around... again" as a subtitle. "bussing for cred", really? The only way he could be bussing you is that if you're both scum. Anything else makes no sense at all.

Right. Because I'm stupid.

Need I remind... Yes, apparently I do....

At the time, TDS was taking fire both for acting scummy in general and for throwing his vote around. So what's he do? Throws his vote around again, only this time, "toss it at the guy that everyone else is saying looks scummy, that way I'll get some Town cred for voting for the guy everyone else thinks is scummy!"

I call 'em as I see 'em, Caz.
In 2142, We made the Regenabots. They made us immortal. Now the year is 2165. Too many humans, and not nearly enough to go around. What have we done? Join this dark world today.

The Starcrash. A global disaster that destroyed our homeworld. The AI Council tries to hold us together. But some of us won't be kept in line. We are the Free Captains. We are Star Pirates.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: January 03, 2014, 01:43:29 pm »

Makeinu

If any slip could be explained away with "Right. Because I'm stupid." or "Do you really think I'm that dumb?", there'd be no game. No, I don't think you're stupid. I think you slipped up. It happens.

Bussing =/= Wagoning.

Bussing is when your scum buddy votes you to make them appear more townlike after you've done something that makes you look too scummy to salvage. They throw you under the bus.

If what you're saying is true, you meant wagoning. He jumped on the bandwagon because he had no thought-out moves to make.

A bit of a difference, I'm sure you can understand why your choice of words worry me.

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving Gifts of Bad Luck
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: January 03, 2014, 01:47:23 pm »

Heh Makeinu, There are stuff that you never do, atleast in my rulebook.

One is that you NEVER in THE HELL vote on MYLO... Because you can vote the same suspect on LYLO, with more information...

Of course, mylo isn't very well defined as it is in a BM game...

So I'll use a BM game as an example...

Mylo would be 6/2 --> Vote Correctly- 4/1 --> WAIT It's MYLO AGAIN! WE DON'T EVEN GET A ML!?!?!?!?!-

Mylo--> NL--> 5/2more info --> Vote again --> 3/1 lylo, with more information and 1 more day...

So what do you want? 2 Mylos (assuming you vote correctly)

Or Mylo, and 2 lylos... with lots more information.

Also, I wanted everyone to state their reasons, not you, makeinu state it for them. It's not laziness, it's actual scumhunting... I can read through it, or I can get them to state it again for more... juice.

(pretty sure I misused buss somewhere... May be this thread or BM :>)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: January 03, 2014, 01:49:46 pm »

Vote Count:

Elephant Parade:
Persus13:
Tiruin: ToonyMan
TheDarkStar: Superblackcat, zombie urist
Superblackcat:
Pufferfish:
Imperial Guardsman: NativeForeigner, makeinu
zombie urist: Tiruin
makeinu: TheDarkStar
Urist Imiknorris: Caz
ToonyMan: Pufferfish, Elephant Parade
NativeForeigner:
Caz: Persus13, Imperial Guardsman, Urist Imiknorris

No Lynch:

Caz has used his extenstion.
Superblackcat has used his extension.

Day 1 will last until Tuesday, 1/7 at 11 PM EST.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

makeinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: January 03, 2014, 02:13:20 pm »

Bussing =/= Wagoning.

Bussing is when your scum buddy votes you to make them appear more townlike after you've done something that makes you look too scummy to salvage. They throw you under the bus.

If what you're saying is true, you meant wagoning. He jumped on the bandwagon because he had no thought-out moves to make.

A bit of a difference, I'm sure you can understand why your choice of words worry me.

Where I learned to play mafia, we don't use most of the terms I'm learning here, and some of what we do use carries different hidden meanings. I'm attempting to learn a new vocabulary and a new (forum) play style at the same time. Language errors are bound to crop up.

Nevertheless, you'll not get a different explanation from me, because there isn't one. That was my note, to myself, to say that TDS was voting in a way to build his Town cred.

Heh Makeinu, There are stuff that you never do, atleast in my rulebook.

Your rulebook is not the rulebook.

One is that you NEVER in THE HELL vote on MYLO... Because you can vote the same suspect on LYLO, with more information...

Given a fairly broad set of assumptions, you mean. What if there's no new information forthcoming the next day save, oh crap! we just lost another Town! and that's not enough to clarify anything? Because our Cop is dead!

Of course, mylo isn't very well defined as it is in a BM game...

So I'll use a BM game as an example...

Mylo would be 6/2 --> Vote Correctly- 4/1 --> WAIT It's MYLO AGAIN! WE DON'T EVEN GET A ML!?!?!?!?!-

Mylo--> NL--> 5/2more info --> Vote again --> 3/1 lylo, with more information and 1 more day...

So what do you want? 2 Mylos (assuming you vote correctly)

Or Mylo, and 2 lylos... with lots more information.

Okay, admittedly, LyLo and MyLo as terms are new to me? but that's not what I'm learning to understand what MyLo is...

A 6:2 ratio isn't a mislynch-or-lose scenario. Lynch wrong, and the next day, it's 4:2, which is a mislynch-or-lose scenario. Lynch correctly, and it's 4:1, which still isn't a mislynch-or-lose scenario, because the next day, you're 2:1 if you lynch wrong. Lynch wrong at 4:2, and the scum wins, because D1end 3:2, N1end 2:2, ties go to the scum team, the end.

So, before you get your knickers in a twist over what's right and wrong to do in a scenario, you should get your scenarios right. MyLo is always when Town outnumbers scum by two, and exactly two, only. Discounting, of course, lone gunman roles like Vig and SK.

Also, I wanted everyone to state their reasons, not you, makeinu state it for them. It's not laziness, it's actual scumhunting... I can read through it, or I can get them to state it again for more... juice.

It's lazy scum-hunting.

(pretty sure I misused buss somewhere... May be this thread or BM :>)

To buss is to kiss, so if you've used that term in a mafia game, you've misused that term. ;)

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: January 03, 2014, 02:37:11 pm »

Where I learned to play mafia, we don't use most of the terms I'm learning here, and some of what we do use carries different hidden meanings. I'm attempting to learn a new vocabulary and a new (forum) play style at the same time. Language errors are bound to crop up.

Nevertheless, you'll not get a different explanation from me, because there isn't one. That was my note, to myself, to say that TDS was voting in a way to build his Town cred.

Now your excuse is "we use different language when we're from"? Define 'bus', please. I know of nowhere that doesn't see it as "lynching your partner to look town"

makeinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: January 03, 2014, 02:40:29 pm »

We... actually don't use that term  :-\ for anything  :-\

So, that one's entirely new to me here. I understand it in the context of "throwing someone under the bus", in real life, where it means more "throw this guy's failing/crime/whatever into the spotlight to take attention off me."

Something I see a lot with junior personnel in my day job...

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: January 03, 2014, 02:49:36 pm »

So why did you use it?!

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: January 03, 2014, 02:52:20 pm »

Sorry, I don't believe the coincidence of you using a common mafia term while pretending you don't understand the term to try and get out of the obvious scumslip. Back to you, Makeinu.

makeinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: January 03, 2014, 02:55:43 pm »

So why did you use it?!

Do you only read the first line of a post? Seriously...

I understand it in the context of "throwing someone under the bus", in real life, where it means more "throw this guy's failing/crime/whatever into the spotlight to take attention off me."

Something I see a lot with junior personnel in my day job...

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 57