Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 57

Author Topic: Limerick Mafia - AABBA [Game Over!]  (Read 122418 times)

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Limerick Mafia - Confirming! [13/13]
« Reply #210 on: January 03, 2014, 01:35:21 am »

What do you make of the votes against me? Are they valid?

Great question. I usually have low expectations of D1 votes unless someone really screws up. And usually then it's a towny who goofed.

But let's take a look at the voters, yeah?

Caz:
Elephant Parade: Now that you replaced out of the BM instead of here, are you going to put your full attention on Limerick Mafia and help destroy the town?
Freudian Slip?
Holy dorf, Caz, Elephant Parade.

Imperial Guardsman: Is that all there is to your vote? A poor choice of words, and a failure to explain the FoS?

Are you content with letting your vote sit there with no truly valid reasoning? I mean, I know it's D1, but surely you can do better than that. Please fully explain why you think Caz should be lynched and why Elephant Parade is on your watchlist. I'm interested, considering you're the lynching vote.

Persus: You're also throwing a weak vote and just letting it sit. I'm less picky about yours because it wasn't a lynching vote, but it still requires attention. Do you think Caz deserves to die for your original reasoning or is there more to it?

makeinu: Your vote seems valid enough. You threw your vote, you supported it, then you went on to do other things. I don't have anything to really pick apart about it. I don't necessarily agree with it, but I'm not always right.

Caz (again): Let's assume there's a tie involving you and the person you're voting. Let's assume you're convinced this person is scum. Do you break the tie and sacrifice yourself for the flip or do you fight to the bitter end?

NativeForeigner
hai
I'm curious--what's your viewpoint of this JK9 setup?

Hai!

I haven't looked too deeply into it. I feel like putting too much emphasis on roles makes it difficult to effectively scum hunt as normal. Though the possibility of a SK and a Vigilante has me worried.
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: January 03, 2014, 01:39:57 am »

Caz (again): Let's assume there's a tie involving you and the person you're voting. Let's assume you're convinced this person is scum. Do you break the tie and sacrifice yourself for the flip or do you fight to the bitter end?

If it had a chance of tying the vote, I'd let myself hang I guess.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: January 03, 2014, 01:43:10 am »

So you're saying that rather than put some effort into it and try to get someone you're sure is scum hung, you'd just give up and let yourself hang instead? How is that beneficial?

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: January 03, 2014, 01:44:51 am »

So you're saying that rather than put some effort into it and try to get someone you're sure is scum hung, you'd just give up and let yourself hang instead? How is that beneficial?

Not voting =/= Giving up. Even if I continue posting, if I tie the vote, we lose valuable information on the lynch and I won't be clear Day2 anyway.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
Re: Limerick Mafia - Get the Show on the Road [Day 1]
« Reply #214 on: January 03, 2014, 01:49:14 am »

What am I lying about? O_o I went through and checked the posts, you seemed most scummy to me, I read that you have less than 3 votes, I voted you. Where is the lie?
You are lying about being worried about a tie:

a) Ties are absolutely not worrisome unless the day is about to end.
b) The wording of your post indicated that you already had a suspect in mind, and that the tie was the reason you weren't voting them.

Thus, due to lack of any other explanation I can think of, I am forced to conclude that your actual reason for not voting was that you did not want to be seen tying the vote - an entirely different matter.

This seems a pretty sudden development and a weak excuse to vote me, not to mention the omgus potential.
I vote who I want when I want. Also, we seem to have different definitions of OMGUS.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: January 03, 2014, 01:49:51 am »

Not voting =/= Giving up. Even if I continue posting, if I tie the vote, we lose valuable information on the lynch and I won't be clear Day2 anyway.

I don't know if I'm just not reading this clearly, but it sounds like you'd let your fear of tying the vote prevent you from voting someone who you think is scum. A flip is valuable, yes, but lynching scum is more so. How would you expect to be taken seriously if you dropped your vote on the very person you're trying to convince everyone else is scum? How can you expect them to believe you if you lack conviction? You're sacrificing a very valuable tool by not voting. Scum would see that as a weakness and line up a tie just to keep you from actually voting for who you want to see lynched.

makeinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: January 03, 2014, 01:54:05 am »

This is where I see the votes at right now:

Current Vote Board:

Caz - 4 (Imperial Guardsman, makeinu, Persus13, Urist Imiknorris)
Imperial Guardsman - 1 (NativeForeigner)
makeinu - 1 (TheDarkStar)
TheDarkStar - 2 (Superblackcat, zombie urist)
Tiruin - 1 (ToonyMan)
ToonyMan - 2 (Elephant Parade, Pufferfish)
Urist Imiknorris - 1 (Caz)
zombie urist - 1 (Tiruin)

I don't think I missed any.
In 2142, We made the Regenabots. They made us immortal. Now the year is 2165. Too many humans, and not nearly enough to go around. What have we done? Join this dark world today.

The Starcrash. A global disaster that destroyed our homeworld. The AI Council tries to hold us together. But some of us won't be kept in line. We are the Free Captains. We are Star Pirates.

makeinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: January 03, 2014, 01:55:04 am »

And the votes are in alphabetical, not cast, order, because that's the way the spreadsheet orders the names for ease of tracking.
In 2142, We made the Regenabots. They made us immortal. Now the year is 2165. Too many humans, and not nearly enough to go around. What have we done? Join this dark world today.

The Starcrash. A global disaster that destroyed our homeworld. The AI Council tries to hold us together. But some of us won't be kept in line. We are the Free Captains. We are Star Pirates.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: January 03, 2014, 01:56:46 am »

What am I lying about? O_o I went through and checked the posts, you seemed most scummy to me, I read that you have less than 3 votes, I voted you. Where is the lie?
You are lying about being worried about a tie:

a) Ties are absolutely not worrisome unless the day is about to end.
b) The wording of your post indicated that you already had a suspect in mind, and that the tie was the reason you weren't voting them.

Thus, due to lack of any other explanation I can think of, I am forced to conclude that your actual reason for not voting was that you did not want to be seen tying the vote - an entirely different matter.

The vote was tie-able back when I wasn't voting.  Now things have changed.

I don't know if I'm just not reading this clearly, but it sounds like you'd let your fear of tying the vote prevent you from voting someone who you think is scum. A flip is valuable, yes, but lynching scum is more so. How would you expect to be taken seriously if you dropped your vote on the very person you're trying to convince everyone else is scum? How can you expect them to believe you if you lack conviction? You're sacrificing a very valuable tool by not voting. Scum would see that as a weakness and line up a tie just to keep you from actually voting for who you want to see lynched.

You really think scum have the foresight to tie up votes like that? I'd like to see it happen, that would be interesting to behold.

Yea, I'd rather not tie it up than lynch someone I thought was scum day1, since day1 reads are sketchy at best anyway. This all becomes irrelevant though since my current suspects wouldn't tie up the vote.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: January 03, 2014, 02:01:59 am »

Before you voted, the only people you could have tied the vote by voting were Toony or TheDarkStar. So, if you were planning to vote people you suspected (as given by you answer to me), then no, it was not tie-able.

If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: January 03, 2014, 02:03:14 am »

EBWOP:
Quote from: Previous Post
(as given by you answer to me)
*your

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: January 03, 2014, 02:04:15 am »

Before you voted, the only people you could have tied the vote by voting were Toony or TheDarkStar. So, if you were planning to vote people you suspected (as given by you answer to me), then no, it was not tie-able.

Ok then. O_o You got me, boss.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: January 03, 2014, 02:28:45 am »

You really think scum have the foresight to tie up votes like that?

Uh... yeah. It happens quite often...

Fine, who are your current suspects and what are you doing to get them lynched?

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving Gifts of Bad Luck
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: January 03, 2014, 02:39:32 am »

Hi, Superblackcat, welcome back from the holidays. Ready to engage with the game now?

If you were a Cop, and had your investigation nullified because your target was night-killed the night you checked them, how would you proceed the next day?

Well, depends on the stage of the game.

How many people are alive? What do we know?

I'd probably do nothing.

1) MyLo, and no scum have been lynched.

2) One scum remains, but there's little to go on, nothing concrete.

1) Push for a NL, check at random with random number generator.

2) Is this Lylo? Is this Mylo? If not either, vote at random. If anyone sheeps to me, Check them that night, else, check at random.

Lylo, Vote at random, really, actually!

Claim as well. Vote the person that tries to be friendly with me.

Mylo- Push for NL.

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving Gifts of Bad Luck
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: January 03, 2014, 02:48:04 am »

Alright, read the last 5 pages...

And I don't understand... whatsoever, why people are voting Caz. I may be missing something humongous so....

Everyone who IS voting Caz... Please explain your vote with laymen terms and very clearly so I can understand... everyone!
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 57