Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 57

Author Topic: Limerick Mafia - AABBA [Game Over!]  (Read 122414 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Limerick Mafia - Get the Show on the Road [Day 1]
« Reply #195 on: January 03, 2014, 12:24:24 am »

I firmly believe Caz is male...or there's something I missed by that wording to makeinu in Caz' post ._.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: January 03, 2014, 12:26:40 am »

Tiruin:
UI
I may be missing a bit of context but...
Imperial Guardsman:
There is no cop in this setup. How is your question to Persus in any way relevant? Similarly with TDS and the lyncher suggestion. Also, at this point there is definitely enough information on which to base a vote (as you yourself demostrated), so why are you asking RVS questions at this point?
Now I'm confused. Is the JK9++ (however its spelled) EXCLUSIVELY not holding this basis which is stated in the opening?

As in, all roles only here appear? Because given my role, I'm apt to be confused given that there are some similarities, and there are some exclusions too. >_>

And what I mean is...there is a cop if its not exclusive.
Presumably, since this game is using the JK9++ setup, only roles found within that setup (which is to say, the second link) will be found in this game.

So no, there are no actual cops. There could be a role cop, but I figured it was different enough not to count.

Also [Dariush] why the fucking goddamn hell ass balls would you hint about your role. [/Dariush] The only ones who stand to benefit from that information are the scum.

Caz:
Concerned that if I vote we'll go into a tie situation. At least on my death we get some info, no? Will draw up a spreadsheet and make my vote before day's end probably.
Why does tying the vote concern you, especially considering the day now ends Sunday night at the earliest? Who are your suspects, for what reasons, and why haven't you voted before now?

Imperial Guardsman: You have still done no scum hunting. Name two suspects other than Caz, and give reasons.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: January 03, 2014, 12:26:59 am »

Urist Imiknorris: Your posts consist of asking others if they're going to scumhunt while doing nothing yourself. Why don't you lead by example?

NativeForeigner, Pufferfish: Where r u

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: January 03, 2014, 12:28:00 am »

Aw man, why did you ninjapost me -_- now my vote on you looks weird

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: January 03, 2014, 12:30:29 am »

I firmly believe Caz is male...or there's something I missed by that wording to makeinu in Caz' post ._.

no U

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: January 03, 2014, 12:34:51 am »

Also [Dariush] why the fucking goddamn hell ass balls would you hint about your role. [/Dariush] The only ones who stand to benefit from that information are the scum.
The usual. Given that you get my notion, I'm attracting them towards me because hey, I like to be wanted. >:I
(Actually, I just noticed that some roles in the JK9 setup == the same roles in the setup its based on so mentioning it out.)

They'll have a fun time thinking about who I am though.

Aw man, why did you ninjapost me -_- now my vote on you looks weird
So the scumhunting is...only me and a poke at Caz/IG? Because I think that one on IG is a reminder. :P

no U
Me, wat. >:I

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: January 03, 2014, 12:38:32 am »

Urist Imiknorris: Your posts consist of asking others if they're going to scumhunt while doing nothing yourself. Why don't you lead by example?
I am trying to get reads on people (IG, you) who don't wanna make cases. In doing so I have to make them.

Now, any other suspects? And perhaps an explanation of why you were worried about tying the vote?

If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

makeinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: January 03, 2014, 12:48:47 am »

Don't, just don't, pull out the psychoanalysis. I've made my point pretty clear about why I feel the way I do about Vigs. Vigs are Town, but they often don't act in the Town's best interests.
...That's really a nebulous stance there.

????

OK, Assume that there IS a Vig.

Okay.

How can YOU tell if the target himself/herself is scum or not?

Role flips.

How does it exactly help town when all you're standing on is 'I saw townies die more than scummies!'

How does it exactly help, when nobody has even proposed--even in an RVS question--a 'Tiruin, if you were the Vig, how would you go about using your kill?'

What the hell are you even talking about?

I literally cannot tell you how many times I've watched a Vig go berserk, killing anyone he thought worth killing with no evidence to back anything up. Literally. Vig has HUGE potential to be anti-Town, even with Town alignment, by virtue of bad play.

Well let my answer my own hypothetical question! I'll not kill on N1 unless I'm more than sure x is scum, where x is my target! Saving my kill for last will be a LYLO breaker--yet even then I'd not be sure.

Hence the best possible way is to kill whenever the situation seems fresh, meaning: viable.

Explain to me with solid backing why a Vig isn't pro-town, from that gist there.

So, the best way to play a Vig as pro-Town would be to not play the Vig at all. Because you can't be sure.

no U

Funny. I recall being chastised for referring to Caz as male in P23. :P

Perhaps I misremember.

How is that not a rhetorical question? Caz answered it herself!
Why are you answering a rhetorical question then? Point I was trying to get at is that Caz wanted TDS to respond to him. So why did you respond to that?

Rhetorical questions are, by definition, not intended to engender a response, so I doubt highly that Caz expected a response to it at all. I could, of course, be putting thoughts into her head; only she can say one way or the other.

No, not the mind probe! Didn't we have enough of that last game? -_- 

Yes we did indeed.  ;)

I disagree with zu though, detecting malice from that question answer is a bit of a stretch.

I... er... thank you!

Though a response from TDS would be sweet... unless he did one already and I missed it somewhere.

It would be sweet, and no he hasn't.

Likelier scenario: one scum and three Town die N1. Ratio is 6:2:1, Town/scum/SK.

Repeat D2/N2. 3:1:1.

Mislynch D3 means D4 dawns with the Town losing.

And that's not all that unlikely a scenario. That is why I harped at you over what I saw as a possible mental slip regarding an SK. That is why I'm concerned that we do have a Vig.

This is also taking into account that the vig survives two days of shenanigans all while being hilariously innacurate. I agree vig shouldn't shoot if he's just going to flip a coin, but if we lynch right today there's a better chance of hitting scum, especially when we consider the votes etcetc. Lynching is hardly more accurate, especially in the beginning.

Maybe harder in a small-ish game like this, but I watched a Vig survive four days doing exactly that, and it cost the Town the game.
In 2142, We made the Regenabots. They made us immortal. Now the year is 2165. Too many humans, and not nearly enough to go around. What have we done? Join this dark world today.

The Starcrash. A global disaster that destroyed our homeworld. The AI Council tries to hold us together. But some of us won't be kept in line. We are the Free Captains. We are Star Pirates.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: January 03, 2014, 12:51:18 am »

The usual. Given that you get my notion, I'm attracting them towards me because hey, I like to be wanted. >:I
(Actually, I just noticed that some roles in the JK9 setup == the same roles in the setup its based on so mentioning it out.)

Meh, just makes wifom. You want them to kill you, so you're probably vanilla, but you could just be saying that so they won't kill you, but if you don't die you look more scummy because why aren't you dead... etc etc. Usually it's the scum that want to confuse, not town.

So the scumhunting is...only me and a poke at Caz/IG? Because I think that one on IG is a reminder. :P
I don't understand this.

Quote from: Tiruin
no U
Me, wat. >:I
-_- i h8 u

I am trying to get reads on people (IG, you) who don't wanna make cases. In doing so I have to make them.

Now, any other suspects? And perhaps an explanation of why you were worried about tying the vote?

So your strategy is to scumhunt by hunting people who aren't hunting by not hunting yourself until someone else does? I don't even.

Other suspects are Elephant Parade (his only vote is an rvs vote on ToonyMan, and his posts are generally insubstantial) and Imperial Guard (like you said, his posts seem lazy and devoid of any real hunting). The two lurkers also bother me but we can deal with them later.

Re: vote-tying worries - We don't want to NL because lynching gives us great info and is practically the only real way for town to eliminate scum. I know I'm town ofc, but it'd still be better for me to die than for there not to be a lynch, because of the info we can gain on others depending on how they voted.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Limerick Mafia - Confirming! [13/13]
« Reply #204 on: January 03, 2014, 01:01:02 am »

Shame on me for not realizing this started.

NativeForeigner: If you were a mafia goon, would you go for the experienced people or the new ones first?

Typically I go for the experienced people first. They're the ones you don't want to be alone with. But if a newbie messed up, I'd be more than happy to take advantage of it.

Native: Do you still refuse to participate in rvs?

I'm still largely against throwing out a vote without reason. RVS votes hold no power.

NativeForeigner has yet to post. You around?

I'm around. Apparently I'm bad at realizing when things start anymore.

Toaster: Native needs prod.

Actually, thanks for that. I probably wouldn't have realized this had started otherwise.

@NativeForeigner, Caz:
Vote somebody.

Is there a particular reason you're concerned about my lack of vote on D1?

Caz:

How do you feel about the build up of votes on yourself? Do you feel there's substantial reasoning for the votes?

More when I do more than skim for buzz words. Hopefully that's soon.
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Limerick Mafia - Confirming! [13/13]
« Reply #205 on: January 03, 2014, 01:10:43 am »

Shame on me for not realizing this started.

Welcome back.

Caz:

How do you feel about the build up of votes on yourself? Do you feel there's substantial reasoning for the votes?

Eh, it's no more than I suspected would happen, though I'm sure at least one of the quick votes on me is a scumvote. TDS is hard to read because he's flighty/nervous, but could be that he saw an easy lynch. Or one of the others, maybe Persus. Eh, there's just not much to go on Day1. I'll happily sacrifice myself for the glory of Limericia, but would prefer to be around for Day2 as well. *Shrug* What do you make of the votes against me? Are they valid?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: January 03, 2014, 01:19:38 am »

-snip-
That's what I mean by continuous psychological bias. You see Vigs as people who think on emotion rather than people who act as scientists--taking out variables they deem faulty or acting to their wincon. The Town wincon. They have the job of being the judge, like how our court system works here (we have no jury) and thus, face the consequences in full.
I literally cannot tell you how many times I've watched a Vig go berserk, killing anyone he thought worth killing with no evidence to back anything up. Literally. Vig has HUGE potential to be anti-Town, even with Town alignment, by virtue of bad play.
Tell me, how did your Vigs go off any do their work? I believe the ones here are very much different in their playstyle. You ignore that some people CARE about the essence of the posts their target contains--and even then, the night gives time for a crucial re-read onto the people and realigning of the targeting scope!

So, the best way to play a Vig as pro-Town would be to not play the Vig at all. Because you can't be sure.
*sigh*
Ignorance. I've seen you dig up statistics, however they don't include the human aspect of the Vig-player.

...At least i've my answer from you, now.

Do you fear the Vig?

Also..tiny point got my eye.
JK9++ setup basically guarantees a Tracker, a Role Cop, and a Hider, and gives 50/50 chance of a Serial Killer and the same odds for a Vig.
While I'd say thanks for the expanded info, I'm curious on why you'd give this out as a '100% chance'
...I don't see that kinda info on the page.

Meh, just makes wifom. You want them to kill you, so you're probably vanilla, but you could just be saying that so they won't kill you, but if you don't die you look more scummy because why aren't you dead... etc etc. Usually it's the scum that want to confuse, not town.
*Tiruin is a Philosophical Reformer, proving that the bad guys can be WIFOM'd in their own game if everyone used common sense.
>_>

-_- i h8 u
<3 you too, bro~ xoxo

Caz:

Eh, it's no more than I suspected would happen, though I'm sure at least one of the quick votes on me is a scumvote. TDS is hard to read because he's flighty/nervous, but could be that he saw an easy lynch. Or one of the others, maybe Persus. Eh, there's just not much to go on Day1. I'll happily sacrifice myself for the glory of Limericia, but would prefer to be around for Day2 as well. *Shrug* What do you make of the votes against me? Are they valid?
...You're only asking one man about that?

..Huh, thanks for reminding me. Stress and issues with net made me forget.

People voting Caz: Why're you doing such and what exactly struck him as such?
While I can understand Persus/makeinu,
Imperial Guardsman's vote takes emphasis, though I'd like all those voting him to explain. Here I'm thinking people are overreacting to his note on Freudian slips or whtever. The 'destroy the town' thing.

Seems to weird to be a slip, at all.

NativeForeigner
hai
I'm curious--what's your viewpoint of this JK9 setup?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: January 03, 2014, 01:20:55 am »

Toaster, votecount please
We need your numbers to see
That nice vote tally

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: January 03, 2014, 01:21:15 am »

Caz:
Re: vote-tying worries - We don't want to NL because lynching gives us great info and is practically the only real way for town to eliminate scum. I know I'm town ofc, but it'd still be better for me to die than for there not to be a lynch, because of the info we can gain on others depending on how they voted.
And yet the lynch was no less than a full day away - plenty of time for people to break the tie. And that's before Tiruin's extension, as well as your own. Additionally, voting me would not have tied the vote in the first place (and indeed it did not).  The only reason for your worry to cause you to not vote is if you were originally planning to vote for either Toony or TheDarkStar, neither of whom you listed as suspects.

You're lying. Liars hang.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: January 03, 2014, 01:32:08 am »

Tiruin is a Philosophical Reformer, proving that the bad guys can be WIFOM'd in their own game if everyone used common sense.

Only thing is, common sense isn't so common...

People voting Caz: Why're you doing such and what exactly struck him as such?

Tiruin not trying to lynch me? That's a first.

Caz:
And yet the lynch was no less than a full day away - plenty of time for people to break the tie. And that's before Tiruin's extension, as well as your own. Additionally, voting me would not have tied the vote in the first place (and indeed it did not).  The only reason for your worry to cause you to not vote is if you were originally planning to vote for either Toony or TheDarkStar, neither of whom you listed as suspects.

You're lying. Liars hang.

What am I lying about? O_o I went through and checked the posts, you seemed most scummy to me, I read that you have less than 3 votes, I voted you. Where is the lie? This seems a pretty sudden development and a weak excuse to vote me, not to mention the omgus potential.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 57