Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 57

Author Topic: Limerick Mafia - AABBA [Game Over!]  (Read 122479 times)

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Limerick Mafia - Get the Show on the Road [Day 1]
« Reply #90 on: December 30, 2013, 11:21:39 pm »

@Tiruin: I don't know. I wanted to replace out of the BM because I thought there was a replacement available, but if there isn't, I wouldn't mind replacing out of this one. I'm fine with replacing out of whichever one has a replacement available first.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 30, 2013, 11:24:20 pm »

Well, actually I didn't PM Imp yet because she did say at least she'll be ready by January but...erm, well..
>_>
I'm a bad mod.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 31, 2013, 12:09:42 am »

Pufferfish: What kind of seafood do you like, other than the pufferfish?

I like crab. And lobster. and tilapia.

Pufferfish: If you were a tracker, would you track a suspect or someone you had a poor read on?

If tracker just tells me what they did in the night, then I'd track someone I had a poor read on.

If it let me prevent a move, I'd track a suspect.

Tiruin:

You're like, the hardest read I've had. If you were the SK, how would you go about your killings?

Make:

You're fun to play with. I like you. But you might be scum. How would you handle being jailkeeper?

Caz(adore):

If you were an insect what would you be? I have literally nothing else to ask you.

Currently.

Toony:

How do you scum hunt? I want details. More than "I ask and press and question everyone". Tell me exactly how you would handle someone you didn't have a clear read on.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 31, 2013, 12:20:33 am »

You're like, the hardest read I've had. If you were the SK, how would you go about your killings?
I WILL KILL THE PEOPLE I HATE AND THAT MEANS ZU AND TOONY. Actually, if I was the SK, I'd give lies and slander to throw you off. :I
Actuallyactually, my targets usually fall within the range of 'people that I bet aren't going to be targeted but are of priority to my survival and basing on my intuition', given that the SK usually plays the role of '[Personname here] vs the World], I don't decide my targets for...quite much anything really. I wouldn't target the most suspected person unless there is a vital clue to help the game (scapegoat), but I would target a consistent lurker (because lurking ain't cool.).
I guess I'd base it on the proceedings of the time? As in: Balance scum/town so they'll keep quarelling, and to back up my killings, I'd refute any existence of an SK or somesuch (and I'm pretty much used to flavor-tied-kills here, but quite unsure if there are specific-role-matched flavor details according to Toaster.) or just state that its 'a probability that it exists' rather than treat it as a real threat, judging my kills more on what I'd believe would be a vague lead/trail for people to follow.

...Why am I your hardest read?
What... 'stuff' do you use in reading me?

Toaster: Any flavor-ties to roles and such? Like, compare it to Meph's Paranormal/Supernatural. Will it be stated as a generality here?

Edit:
Pufferfish: What kind of seafood do you like, other than the pufferfish?

I like crab. And lobster. and tilapia.
You call it Tilapia too!! <3

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 31, 2013, 12:38:17 am »

I WILL KILL THE PEOPLE I HATE AND THAT MEANS ZU AND TOONY.

Clarification: Zu as in the genderneutral pronoun or ZombieUrist?

-parsnip-

...Why am I your hardest read?
What... 'stuff' do you use in reading me?

I just have time reading anything into your posts to discern who you are. You play a truly neutral character and it really scares me.

I try to read you through the meanings of your words but you're so... diplomatic that it's like reading legalese most of the time.

Which is a good thing because it means you're a great player!

You call it Tilapia too!! <3

...There's other ways?  :o

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Limerick Mafia - Confirming! [13/13]
« Reply #95 on: December 31, 2013, 12:50:28 am »

TDS/Persus/makeinu: Why do none of your questions (other than only one of TDS') have any content related to Limerick Mafia?
What? Why am I included in this? I hadn't asked a question. In fact, I was wondering why there question weren't Mafia related too.

Persus13: As scum, if someone suspects you night 1, would you kill them first, or would you kill the guy who you think is a tracker/role cop/gunsmith who could prove you scum?
The tracker/cop thing. Killing someone who's suspicious of me will lead to greater scrutiny of their targets and their suspicions. A cop claim is hard to stop.

Persus: If your scumbuddy was a milkshake, why in God's name would you drink him? Also, why am I voting you?

Persus, TheDarkStar, superblackcat, Pufferfish, makeinu: I don't remember seeing you play before. Any past games you could point to?
Well it would depend on the flavor. I really like vanilla milkshakes, so I'd drink him if it was that flavor. Otherwise, nah. And I'm guessing you RVSed me.

I first joined a few months ago. I've played as scum in the BM sprint. I've been town in the most recent Paranormal and Supernatural games.

Also, why is this going on:

Persus: If your scumbuddy was a milkshake, why in God's name would you drink him? Also, why am I voting you?

and

You seem awfully certain that there is a serial killer, Tiruin. Insider knowledge, I'd warrant.

There shouldn't be a reason to vote to lynch someone in the first three hours of a mafia game. For Persus, we have no evidence whatsoever because he has not posted since the game started.
It's called a random vote (or RVS for short) to act as pressure.

Caz:
Elephant Parade: Now that you replaced out of the BM instead of here, are you going to put your full attention on Limerick Mafia and help destroy the town?
Freudian Slip?
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

makeinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Limerick Mafia - Get the Show on the Road [Day 1] [Replacement Requested]
« Reply #96 on: December 31, 2013, 12:56:36 am »

Trying new formatting, because even I get tired of my walls of text...

TheDarkStar:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Urist Imiknorris:

zombie urist

Tiruin:

Spoiler: trivialities (click to show/hide)
In 2142, We made the Regenabots. They made us immortal. Now the year is 2165. Too many humans, and not nearly enough to go around. What have we done? Join this dark world today.

The Starcrash. A global disaster that destroyed our homeworld. The AI Council tries to hold us together. But some of us won't be kept in line. We are the Free Captains. We are Star Pirates.

makeinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 31, 2013, 01:18:02 am »

Make:

You're fun to play with. I like you. But you might be scum. How would you handle being jailkeeper?

Ha! Any of us might be scum.

Ironically, I've never had a protective power role before. Jailkeeper is a tough one, because of it's dual nature of protection and blocking. Yes, the Cop, for example, is important to protect, but at the expense of taking away his functionality?

I'd have to be very sure that the person I was targeting was Town, and most likely to be targeted that night, otherwise I'm just blocking a power role for no reason.

Although... power-blocking to prevent the scum kill, as happened with Imp in Paranormal 23, is very effective.

So there's my two use-cases for Jailkeeper.
In 2142, We made the Regenabots. They made us immortal. Now the year is 2165. Too many humans, and not nearly enough to go around. What have we done? Join this dark world today.

The Starcrash. A global disaster that destroyed our homeworld. The AI Council tries to hold us together. But some of us won't be kept in line. We are the Free Captains. We are Star Pirates.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Limerick Mafia - Confirming! [13/13]
« Reply #98 on: December 31, 2013, 01:54:53 am »

TDS/Persus/makeinu: Why do none of your questions (other than only one of TDS') have any content related to Limerick Mafia?
What? Why am I included in this? I hadn't asked a question. In fact, I was wondering why there question weren't Mafia related too.
...It was 2am. :I
Yeah, you were on my mind when people said 'Limerick/BM happened within 3 minutes of each other :O

makeinu:
Tiruin:

Spoiler: trivialities (click to show/hide)
Spoilered in turn.

makeinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: December 31, 2013, 02:21:56 am »

Spoiler: s are fun! (click to show/hide)

To answer a previous question you had, re: SK, from the setup page:

Kills are indistinguishable from one another; do not use varying flavour for different types of kills.

As for the rest, okay, well then, chalk it up to me not understanding you, because it sure looks like you're being insistent on the existence of an SK and a Bus Driver, not merely postulating their existence, which implies knowledge beyond the normal ken, i.e., inside knowledge of the composition of the scum forces in this game, i.e.....

Also: probe and search I mean to use interchangeably, or at least not differently in the sense that you question.

Also also: I've never heard of tilapia called as milkfish before. Chalk that up to a Californian spending too much time in Asia, perhaps.

Also also also: the ester that gives bananas their smell is the only "artificial", as in created in a lab setting, flavoring that is exactly the same chemical as its naturally occurring form. At least, as far as I know.

Also also also also: fake vanilla is atrocious.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: December 31, 2013, 02:50:37 am »

To answer a previous question you had, re: SK, from the setup page:
Kills are indistinguishable from one another; do not use varying flavour for different types of kills.
o_o
Ok, I read this, but it didn't register with me at the time.
Must NOT write at early morning. Bghrhh

As for the rest, okay, well then, chalk it up to me not understanding you, because it sure looks like you're being insistent on the existence of an SK and a Bus Driver, not merely postulating their existence, which implies knowledge beyond the normal ken, i.e., inside knowledge of the composition of the scum forces in this game, i.e.....

Also: probe and search I mean to use interchangeably, or at least not differently in the sense that you question.

Also also: I've never heard of tilapia called as milkfish before. Chalk that up to a Californian spending too much time in Asia, perhaps.

Also also also: the ester that gives bananas their smell is the only "artificial", as in created in a lab setting, flavoring that is exactly the same chemical as its naturally occurring form. At least, as far as I know.

Also also also also: fake vanilla is atrocious.
Ahh, I believe I got it--I was acknowledging the probability of the mafia team having the role, which could be easily misunderstood back:
The Mafia team have a driver like the town team, and if there is a kill which is gotten by the Mafia bus-man, then the list of knowledge to them will grow exponentially (meaning: I'm worried about the Mafia > SK because of their variety and total threat to Town. The SK is malevolent, yeah, but he's darn well alone forever, so shrewdness must be taken into the field here).
That, and I really am new to seeing bus drivers in play so...seeing how they generally work, they rank of a higher threat to people (double-edged sword).
@Orange: The use of the word 'have' would indicate where we misinterpret each other. That was in response to the query:
Tiruin: Are you more worried about the mafia or SK? What makes them more worrisome?
so my reason was being that the mafia team has that kind of role--looking into the BM flash role-list (which..is somehow broken when you click advanced roles >_>), it does state that you can be town/mafia if a Driver (as far as I remember).

Is this where you also got the idea about my SK'y-ness?

Spoiler: OOC stuffs (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: s are fun! (click to show/hide)

Oh you.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: December 31, 2013, 08:33:45 am »

Caz:
Elephant Parade: Now that you replaced out of the BM instead of here, are you going to put your full attention on Limerick Mafia and help destroy the town?
Freudian Slip?

Nah, just waiting for lazy scum to jump on it. Thanks for biting. <3

Trying new formatting, because even I get tired of my walls of text...

I don't like the hiding of text walls under spoilers. Always seems like trying to hide something. How come you're changing your strategies this game? Could it be because you're not on the town faction anymore? :( Too sad to contemplate.

Hate rvs mode. I will sleep in the corner until it's done. Someone vote-pressure fite please.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: December 31, 2013, 09:17:58 am »

Hate rvs mode. I will sleep in the corner until it's done. Someone vote-pressure fite please.

Caz, sitting in the corner implies that you don't want extra scrutiny on you, which you would only not want as scum. You could prove yourself town if you were town tonight, but the scum can't do that.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

makeinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: December 31, 2013, 09:23:42 am »

I don't like the hiding of text walls under spoilers. Always seems like trying to hide something. How come you're changing your strategies this game? Could it be because you're not on the town faction anymore? :( Too sad to contemplate.

Interesting that such a slight change in formatting should provoke such a lazy scum reaction, scum.

And asking everyone else to scum-hunt so you don't have to. Lazy scum indeed. Don't really have to hunt scum when you know who they all are, do you, Caz?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: December 31, 2013, 09:25:36 am »

Vote Count:

Elephant Parade:
Persus13: Urist Imiknorris
Tiruin: ToonyMan
TheDarkStar: Superblackcat
Superblackcat:
Pufferfish:
Imperial Guardsman:
zombie urist:
makeinu: Tiruin
Urist Imiknorris:
ToonyMan: Pufferfish
NativeForeigner:
Caz: Persus13, TheDarkStar, makeinu

No Lynch:

Not Voting: Elephant Parade, Imperial Guardsman, zombie urist, NativeForeigner, Caz

Toaster: Any flavor-ties to roles and such? Like, compare it to Meph's Paranormal/Supernatural. Will it be stated as a generality here?

No.  Kills are indistinguishable.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 57