Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Basic moderator needed?  (Read 4688 times)

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Basic moderator needed?
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2013, 07:22:19 pm »

Meph having power to sticky and lock stuff sounds like something useful to me.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2013, 02:08:48 am »

Okay, we'll give it a shot.  I left off the delete power for now, to avoid irreversible accidents as much as anything, but I can add it in if it comes up.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2013, 02:36:36 am »

Moderator powers are active!

I made some stuff sticky, partially because they're useful and partially to test it out.

I figure I'll have all active games Stickied and whenever they finish (and I either notice or people let me know) I'll unsticky them.

Let me know if you guys have any other threads you really want Sticky.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2013, 04:01:05 am »

And thus the sticky reign of Mephansteras began...

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2013, 04:24:48 am »

Mephansteras the Sticky... What a wonderful designation for our new overlord. I woulda went for... The Great... or maybe The Bold or something. Always helps to give a nice name when the guillotine starts.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2013, 05:02:40 pm »

I think that might be too many stickies now.  My suggestion would be to link the lurker tracker, basic tutorial and notable games archive from the New Player's Guide, and then unsticky those three threads.

I think Games Threshold Discussion and List could do with being renamed or possibly remade entirely, to make it clear that it's listing all the games currently on and in signups (it would be helpful if it had links too).  It's a bit huge and old to be useful in its current form.

Mafia Gametypes could also possibly do with a new thread with an active OP.

e: With a new list thread there might also be no need to sticky active games.  Newbie games in signups could possibly do with a sticky thread though.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2013, 05:08:16 pm by Leafsnail »

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2013, 05:16:14 pm »

I think that might be too many stickies now.  My suggestion would be to link the lurker tracker, basic tutorial and notable games archive from the New Player's Guide, and then unsticky those three threads.

I think Games Threshold Discussion and List could do with being renamed or possibly remade entirely, to make it clear that it's listing all the games currently on and in signups (it would be helpful if it had links too).  It's a bit huge and old to be useful in its current form.

Mafia Gametypes could also possibly do with a new thread with an active OP.

e: With a new list thread there might also be no need to sticky active games.  Newbie games in signups could possibly do with a sticky thread though.
I agree. I think only the Newbie games should be stickied. Every other game type can hold its own.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2013, 09:11:30 pm »

I agree that stickies for active games is a bit overkill.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2013, 09:53:12 pm »

I agree that stickies for active games is a bit overkill.

Yeah, I think that might get a bit cluttered.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2013, 11:28:50 pm »

I agree.  We need to completely vamp the system... probably kill all the old threads and start anew.  They're all getting pretty heavy, and at this point it's sort of pointless.

Maybe we try to start them again once a year?  Notable Games Archive should be stable, but the Games Threshold Discussion and List really needs to be refurbished.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 24, 2013, 12:47:57 pm »

I agree with Vector, even though I come here only occasionally. :P
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 24, 2013, 01:02:43 pm »

I agree.  We need to completely vamp the system... probably kill all the old threads and start anew.  They're all getting pretty heavy, and at this point it's sort of pointless.

Maybe we try to start them again once a year?  Notable Games Archive should be stable, but the Games Threshold Discussion and List really needs to be refurbished.

Yeah, I've been thinking about this.

One good question is who should be OP on the threads. I can make them, but on the other hand I can act as OP for any thread, which effectively gives up two OPs if someone else starts them. Not sure if that's needed, but it's worth thinking about.

I'm actually leaning towards keeping the Notable Games and Lurker tracker where they are. Those are as much for active players to use as new ones, so it doesn't really make sense to have those stuck as links in the new player's thread. And I feel like the directory thread ended up being more of a 'keep things out of sight' effect rather than being a handy way to get to things.
Come play Mafia with us!

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 24, 2013, 01:42:18 pm »

I'd quite like to take Mafia Gametypes, it would be good to put some more guidance in the OP.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 26, 2013, 01:04:36 pm »

I'd quite like to take Mafia Gametypes, it would be good to put some more guidance in the OP.

Seems reasonable to me.
Come play Mafia with us!

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 31, 2013, 10:15:49 am »

Pages: 1 [2] 3