Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Artifact not stockpiling  (Read 562 times)

lue

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:missing right bracket
    • View Profile
Artifact not stockpiling
« on: December 08, 2013, 12:26:54 pm »

So I have an artifact stockpile, with every category that can set Total/Core Quality enabled, those qualities set to only Artifacts. All the other stockpiles that could have Total/Core quality have Artifact disabled in both. So far I've been able to store an artifact gold hatch cover, gold statue, and acacia hatch cover without any issue.

But now I have a morion chain that can only be moved by constructing it. No stockpiling jobs with a couple dozen idlers, no ability to dump it or anything, just constructing it. I can store normal chains and ropes in the normal stockpile, so there's not a general problem with chain items.

Could it be that, since the chain is morion, there's no option for that type of material under furniture storage? Or could it less likely be that the furniture storage category isn't working for the Artifact pile, since if I remember correctly the hatch covers and statue apply under finished goods?

I get the sense that I'm gonna wish there was a special Artifact stockpile option that could handle weird material'd items. :-\
Post not guaranteed accurate or pristine for all of time.
Sigtext. Enticing, yes? If you do not know where things I have "sigged" go, this page will explain.

Uvelzon

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Rawr
    • View Profile
Re: Artifact not stockpiling
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2013, 03:10:47 pm »

strange...did you check the bug tracker? Maybe it's in there...? or maybe it's something simpler? Hard to say. All I can suggest is turning all of the qualities on...maybe it's a bin thing?

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2013, 04:01:48 pm »

weird materials sometimes do cause trouble, especially gem based ones. It's a known problem
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

lue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2013, 05:24:30 pm »

Yeah, I figured it was the gemmy nature of the artifact that's causing it. I didn't find anything by searching the tracker for "artifacts" (click on "View Issues", press the clear filters button to be sure, search for the term), so should I upload the save to DFFD and report it?
Sigtext. Enticing, yes? If you do not know where things I have "sigged" go, this page will explain.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2013, 06:37:48 pm »

Yeah, I figured it was the gemmy nature of the artifact that's causing it. I didn't find anything by searching the tracker for "artifacts" (click on "View Issues", press the clear filters button to be sure, search for the term), so should I upload the save to DFFD and report it?

I found two reports related to gems not being stockpiled correctly.

http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=5529

http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=4430

lue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2013, 06:53:25 pm »

Oh hey, I didn't find 5529, probably because the tracker's search function is so buggy.

I did catch 4430 before, but skipped past it. This comment might explain why :)

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2013, 07:10:49 pm »

I tried typing 'gem' in the search bar. For some reason there were no results the first few times, even after resetting the filter.

I think 5529 was on the second or third page of results. There were a lot that weren't related to gems specifically, I had to use the "find" tool in Firefox to point out entries that actually had gems in them.

This particular issue really bugs me, since I had only discovered it after modding in a workshop dedicated to working with gems.