Whai?
- 2 (33.3%)
I haet chu.
- 0 (0%)
Cookiez!
- 2 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls: Suggestion Box  (Read 5510 times)

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls: Suggestion Box
« Reply #30 on: May 11, 2014, 10:38:33 am »

ptw

im sorry

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 11, 2014, 01:31:12 pm »

I'm aware I've suggested something along these lines, but...well...RotMG was a lot more fun when it was a much smaller number of close friends fighting against a superior foe. The scapheap days.

Nowadays, there's dozens of characters, and we can take down gods pretty easily. It's just not...you know...exciting. Challenging. Interesting. Fun.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 11, 2014, 01:32:58 pm »

Can i suggest a plot? I'm not very active in the thread but i do read a bit every now and again.

Do i just put it out here or...PM?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 11, 2014, 01:40:20 pm »

You can post it here. Whoever runs it is probably going to be making changes anyways.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 11, 2014, 01:45:36 pm »

I'm aware I've suggested something along these lines, but...well...RotMG was a lot more fun when it was a much smaller number of close friends fighting against a superior foe. The scapheap days.

Nowadays, there's dozens of characters, and we can take down gods pretty easily. It's just not...you know...exciting. Challenging. Interesting. Fun.

That was really because I had no idea of the balance of this game, I had never really been in a fight before and didn't know what stats would make him tough. That said if we wanted to do that we could put a one character per person limit on fights, that would make the fights a lot smaller and not so easy to just overwhelm the boss.

Can i suggest a plot? I'm not very active in the thread but i do read a bit every now and again.

Do i just put it out here or...PM?

Well the person who suggests the plot usually runs it themselves but if you suggest it to someone else they might run with it
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 11, 2014, 02:25:19 pm »

Well, how about and i know this is Cliche but..

"Ultra-Nationalist from south Korea begin a series of biological experiments to create monsters to infiltrate it's communist brother in the north. The Project is known as as "Phantom Fury" created shapeshifters with fluency in all human languages and an almost uncanny ability to learn. but things go bad when the Director of the program is assassinated by one of the original monsters Phantom fury created. The original member was the first infiltrator to go in to north Korea and even complete a reconnaissance mission of a Communist nuclear test. The Ultra-Nationalist thought it a success but months went by and the original was lost..missions to find her were of no use and the only clue was her supposed "mark" in he heads of North Korean Generals and Smaller Government officials.

The original calls herself Dapheline and she has already a following with her of fellow monsters and cultists who believe she is a messiah who will save the world. Her true intentions are unknown and the Ultra-Nationalist of South Korea are too powerless to find out or ask for help from their government for fear of what judicial reprisals will be given for their illegal experiments and bribery to have kept the project secret."

So basically you have North Korea whos pissed at the world and anyone not them with a monster problem caused by a Group in south Korea who had no Government support/not fully knowing what was going on, and now you have monsters going to and from the border causing death/destruction/cult rituals/Revenge and all kinds of evil.

If the thread is more traditional magic girl then this would need to be toned down QUITE a bit, but not entirely impossible.

How the characters finds out is up to whoever wants to do this type of plot and i left out the true intentions because the players/GM know more about there game then me. So yeah lots of chances to fill in by them. Thoughts?

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 11, 2014, 02:27:41 pm »

Monster creation part sounds like IRIS

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 11, 2014, 02:28:47 pm »

Well, I already know how they would find out considering that one of the characters is tied to a secret organisation that deals in capturing and then reforming monsters.

And why does everyone keep thinking IRIS intentionally makes deadly things?

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 11, 2014, 02:43:22 pm »

Can someone tell me about IRIS?

Also..these aren't humans they are literally biological nightmares with barely enough bone to hold their flesh from falling off or turning into a blob.

Your going to have to kill/defeat them to grab their DNA spheres, in which case they can be "reborn" and tell you what they know.

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 11, 2014, 02:49:57 pm »

IRIS is pretty much an organization that battles the supernatural, and accidentally making pokemon along the way. Many characters are in IRIS like Kyle, Kate, Alucard, Bartimaeus, ICARUS, and more.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 11, 2014, 03:01:55 pm »

Which reminds me Elf, you have still not signed me up for the second plot (the one containing the HYDRA bot), eventhough it was approved ages ago
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 11, 2014, 03:03:02 pm »

Which reminds me Elf, you have still not signed me up for the second plot (the one containing the HYDRA bot), eventhough it was approved ages ago
Give me a bit, writing fanfic brb

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 11, 2014, 03:10:34 pm »

That was really because I had no idea of the balance of this game, I had never really been in a fight before and didn't know what stats would make him tough.
Regardless, we just can't make a halfway-threatening plot without invoking the Powers That Be or else just cheating.

And why does everyone keep thinking IRIS intentionally makes deadly things?
Because they skim the surface of the lore to get the gist of it, then ignore the rest as it fits their preconceptions, plots, and petty desires.
*glares at Hell again*
Sig

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 11, 2014, 03:15:45 pm »

on a note, several of the made suggestions do fall into my plot, or rather the whole plotline. If you guys really want, I can also ramp up the difficulty to a level where you have really superior foes
« Last Edit: May 11, 2014, 03:18:06 pm by Akroma »
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 11, 2014, 03:55:12 pm »

on a note, several of the made suggestions do fall into my plot, or rather the whole plotline. If you guys really want, I can also ramp up the difficulty to a level where you have really superior foes

I'd be up for anything interesting really. So whens the new plotline start?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5