Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Evolved: Natural Selection  (Read 3186 times)

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
Re: Evolved: Natural Selection
« Reply #30 on: December 12, 2013, 10:42:43 am »

"It'd be amazing if these people actually sold daggers made of ice like where I used to live," Wyren remarked.

Buy a hanging dagger for 4 fingers, and then find flasks or bottles along with rucksacks.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 12, 2013, 11:53:53 am »

PTW

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 13, 2013, 09:57:51 pm »

Waiting on Bigbadmonkey.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Bigbadmonkey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 14, 2013, 03:34:44 pm »

Ask for a shot gun or a rocket launcher. A really big one if he has it.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2013, 03:36:38 pm by Bigbadmonkey »

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 17, 2013, 10:29:45 pm »

((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 17, 2013, 10:54:32 pm »

Oh woops... Um, I'm, uh, getting there.

(Turn in a few minutes.)
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 18, 2013, 12:03:23 am »

Yeah, right. I've been there; give him another hour or two, at best.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 18, 2013, 12:45:34 am »

Chapter I: Survival of the Fittest

"Ooh! Thanks, Elga!"

Angel excitedly tries on the armor. A perfect fit! She pays Elga the fingers and runs happily back to where they would regroup. Meanwhile, Kermit decides to purchase some daggers from the stall. He pulls out his pouch and calls over the stallkeeper.

"Hey, I'd like some daggers."

"Which ones you want?" he asks, scratching his beard.

"One for four fingers, another for three."

He snatches the fingers from his hands. He sniffs it, then looks back and stuffs the fingers into a pouch on the stall table. He unhooks some of the daggers and brings them to the table. He starts sharpening them and hands them to Kermit. They look fine and are pretty sharp. The handle on the cheaper one is kinda worn, but nothing a wrap of leather won't fix. He takes his daggers and leaves, sheathing them in his belt. He starts to look for a stall selling some food. A few here and there, some selling roasted plains rat and others fried kappa fish. They're selling from 1 to 2 fingers for an entire meal.

"It'd be amazing if these people actually sold daggers made of ice like where I used to live," Wyren says to himself.

He also purchases a dagger from the stall, and the old Epsilon sharpens it and hands it to Wyren. He goes along and looks for stalls selling flasks and rucksacks. There is one stall that sells both, as well as other goods such as rope and leather. The flasks come in sets of three for 2 fingers while you spot a decent looking rucksack for 3 fingers.

Meanwhile the sergeant is still with the Rogue Techno. "Have you got a rocket launcher?" The rogue eyes you, intrigued. "A really big one."

"Haha!" The rogue laughs in a coarse voice. "I knew you'd be different from those stuck up commanders of yours!"

He gestures for his lackeys to pick up something from the trashbin nearby. Two of them start carrying something large in a blanket. They haul it over to where you and the rogue are standing and they take off the blanket. They reveal a large RPG, old but still useable. It looks like an old decommissioned model. It was recalled because the Union of Firearms in the Aegyptian Embassy deemed it too unstable and caused far too much destruction.

"How'd you get that? It was decommissioned years before we arrived!"

The rogue smiled. "Does it matter? I've been decommissioned decades before you were born," he says. He easily picks the launcher up with one hand and throws it casually at you. "One heart is what I'm asking for. Interested?"

"I...I can't afford that! No one can right now!"

"Don't worry. Whatever job you're using this for, you'll definitely get what I need." The rogue and his lackeys smile and walk back into the shadows, leaving you with a heavy RPG.

EDIT:
"Looks like a quality piece of work. Could you toss in a quiver or bolt box for an extra finger? I need a way to hold my ammo midflight."

The stall keeper gets a small bag. Tie it your belt proper and it won't be falling any time soon! It can hold 30 bolts, but any more then it'll break."

"Looks good." Erin smiles and takes her new crossbow.

Meanwhile, Angel sets about trying to find something to fight with. She spots a few sharp looking shards of metal and some decent sized rocks. They'd be good as last resort, it seems. Also, there seemed to be a few rats here and there. They could give you something like agility if you ate a few.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2013, 01:07:29 am by Cheesecake »
Dying of laughter?

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 18, 2013, 12:50:46 am »

"Looks like a quality piece of work. could you toss in a quiver or bolt box for an extra finger? I need a way to hold my ammo midflight."
Purchase the crossbow if I can get a way to hold the ammo.
Um, i think you misssed something.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 18, 2013, 12:57:29 am »

"Looks like a quality piece of work. could you toss in a quiver or bolt box for an extra finger? I need a way to hold my ammo midflight."
Oh whoops. Head's not in the game today... (stupid cold weather) Sorry.
Dying of laughter?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 18, 2013, 01:02:02 am »

Also this.
"Ooh! Thanks, Elga!"
Buy the armor, thanking Elga.

Of course, this means I don't have a weapon. I'll have to deal with using my claws and maybe throwing some rocks until I can steal some good weapons or powers...
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 18, 2013, 01:04:09 am »

Oh whoops. Head's not in the game today... (stupid cold weather) Sorry.
no problem whatsoever, I've done far worse in the game I'm currently GMing. (forgot someone was wearing armor who got hit multiple times in a combat round, fixing it required a recalculation of half the turn's fighting and it was several hours after the turn was posted and a couple people had already posted actions before I got the retcon in).

Also this.
"Ooh! Thanks, Elga!"
Buy the armor, thanking Elga.

Of course, this means I don't have a weapon. I'll have to deal with using my claws and maybe throwing some rocks until I can steal some good weapons or powers...
Chapter I: Survival of the Fittest

"Ooh! Thanks, Elga!"

Angel excitedly tries on the armor. A perfect fit! She pays Elga the fingers and runs happily back to where they would regroup.
it was the very first part of the turn GWG.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 18, 2013, 01:10:38 am »

((Oh.
...It's midnight, okay? Why the heck am I even up?))
Sig

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 18, 2013, 01:16:17 am »

((Oh.
...It's midnight, okay? Why the heck am I even up?))
Haha, happened to me last night/this morning.

Anyways, turn has been edited. Sorry for missing it.
Dying of laughter?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 18, 2013, 10:06:14 am »

Catch a couple rats.
Sig
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4