Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 109

Author Topic: Hearthstone TCG - And the card goes wild! Goodnight Doctor Boom.  (Read 158239 times)

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Hearthstone - Online Warcraft TCG in Open Beta
« Reply #225 on: June 30, 2014, 03:25:01 am »

Yeah, the only way you can get those ultra wombo combos to happen reliably is to play something like miracle rogue, remove the RNG, and draw literally your whole deck.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: June 30, 2014, 04:05:22 pm »

Remember to get to rank 20 before the reset or you won't get the Rainbow cardback :D
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

edit:

Pretty epic game...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 03, 2014, 04:33:31 pm by Dutchling »

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: July 26, 2014, 07:55:11 pm »

Kind of suprised that this hasn't been posted in for a bit. How is everyone finding Naxxramus? Too grindy for cards? Cool little SP experience? How has it changed your decks so far?

A good card list can be found here:
 http://hearthstone.gamepedia.com/Curse_of_Naxxramas#section_5

I can see it having some pretty serious implications on the meta. Especially for my favourite class, the Shaman. Haunted Creepers provide a good value minion, more buffable tokens and a bit more sustain. Nerubian Eggs are pretty easy to weaponize with Flametongues/Rockbiters/Bloodlust. Maexxna looks good for taunt walls, Windfury and even Ancestral Healing for another "hardish removal" option. Echoing Slime is another creative accounting option with Flametongues or a cheap Bloodlust booster for the next turn.

It's a pity the Shaman-only card is a bit weak, but it's not silenceable and there might be a re-animator deck option in the having. I'd probably rate Bloodlust higher with some Nax cards in the deck, and some of the legendaries could change the relative value of some other niche Shaman cards as well.

Anyway, what are people's thoughts on it?

ps: We could probably change the thread title. It's out with an expansion now, and I think they've fixed some of the bugs.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2014, 07:58:08 pm by sambojin »
It's a game. Have fun.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: July 26, 2014, 09:06:01 pm »

Neat but too short to be noteworthy. I suspect Heroic Mode is too far in the opposite direction to give it much more life.

Also I love abusing gargoyles. I want a gargoyle buff deck.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: July 26, 2014, 09:27:48 pm »

I can see gargoyles doing the Pally "buff them to hell and back" thing. Terrifyingly Earthshockable or Hexable for any minion, just them even more-so.

I'm more interested in the cards and new synergies than the game-modes. It just looks like different side-grind to me. But the Nax set itself looks pretty solid to mess with the meta and give more options for decks. Will the decks be successful? Who knows. But more options and cards are good.

Any cards that you think might be broken combo-wise aside from gargoyles? They might be value in some decks (including Shaman), but I'm not sure they're busted, just potentially good with buffs. Like anything really. Haunted Creepers and Nerubian Eggs actually look more solid all-round. Especially in Shaman decks.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2014, 09:30:21 pm by sambojin »
It's a game. Have fun.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: July 26, 2014, 10:08:56 pm »

Well yeah; I said I wanted a deck of them, not that it'd be a good idea. :P

No particular thoughts otherwise, beyond the obvious Deathrattle focus. There's some really interesting stuff in there, but none of it strikes me as particularly abusable.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: July 26, 2014, 10:48:45 pm »

It does make some pretty "meh" neutrals look nice though. Raid Leader for token buff, any damn thing that buffs really (Sunfury/DI Dwarf/Alpha Wolt/etc), taunt enablers (because they weren't good enough to begin with, honestly) and silencers (your opponent might have these cards as well) are now all the more powerful.

Warsong Commander looks sweet too for Warriors. I wouldn't even guess how to rate cards for constructed now, they'd all need side comments like "Unless you've got x and cycling or y and are focusing on z". Even less-so for arena.

Basically EVERYONE got a rush or sustain or buff or taunt token deck option. Yipee!

A bloody good addition to the game, implemented in the way Blizzard does stuff. Pointless, long-winded, not-very-fun side-grind for no apparent reason.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2014, 10:51:33 pm by sambojin »
It's a game. Have fun.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: July 27, 2014, 06:57:50 am »

Egg + void terror is a pretty sweet combo in Zoo

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: August 08, 2014, 10:13:34 pm »

I think(?) I might start getting right back into Hearthstone. There's some horrible, vaguely taunty, yet rushy Shaman deck in there somewhere in the current cards and meta.

Shaman Taunty Token Zoo? Maybe....

I've been watching a fair bit of Trump's f2p rogue run and I can't help thinking "If he was a shaman with some totems, taunt, card-draw and removal, that might just work." Actually, it wouldn't work anything like his current deck, it'd just be better and more fun to watch in every way.

I hope he does a "Trump Kicks Arse After Naxxramus" run, with his real collection, as a Shaman, eventually. In any case, I'm going to try to, but it won't be televised.
It's a game. Have fun.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: August 10, 2014, 05:52:38 am »

Here's my attempt at the above:

2x Earth Shock
2x Lightning Bolt
2x Rockbiter Weapon
1x Bloodmage Thalnos
2x Flametongue Totem
2x Haunted Creeper
2x Nerubian Egg
2x Feral Spirits
2x Hex
2x Harvest Golem/Injured Blademaster
2x Lightning Storm
2x Defender of Argus
1x Chillwind Yeti
1x Leeroy Jenkins
2x Azure Drake
1x Earth Elemental
2x Fire Elemental

Golem vs Blademaster.....
Could easily sub out the blademasters for anything else good in the 3-4 drop range, although they do have some synergy with healing totems (a 4/4 for 3, with no downside at all if the totem is there). Nice defender of argus target too, if it survives. I like them better than unbound elementals due to not really needing much effort to work, but they can trade down instead of up if you're not careful. They also just feel more agressive than golems, although golems rarely whiff completely. UEs, or even a taunt grizzly can do the job, amongst a million other things (oozes/f.dragons for instance). Golems are the reliable option, but the blademasters can work pretty well if you've got board control.

Leeroy may be a strictly worse fireball, but that's just what this deck needs. More teeth, and quick. He might even get 2 swings off if you're really lucky. It's never a terrible trade anyway, and can be a nice suprise in an otherwise value-based deck. Welp clearage isn't usually a problem, and you can boost Leeroy pretty easily into a win condition sometimes.

The yeti is always good. Could sub a shieldmasta instead if a lack of taunt is bothering you, but there's plenty of that in the deck anyway. Shieldmastas beside flametongues are golden, but so are yetis. Your choice.

The earth elemental is just a reverse Leeroy. More teeth, quickly, but it changes you down a gear rather than up. Still plenty handy in late-game, or draws removal early on (but can stall you).

The deck could use more card draw, but I have no idea what I'd swap out for it.

Anyway, that's it. More or less a standard value deck with all the normal shaman gubbins. Was pretty much based off this deck below, but with all the bad bits taken out (imo). Slightly quicker, hits harder, and should win a bit more. Here's the original deck: http://www.youtube.com/#/watch?v=nCgTY-8R1_U

« Last Edit: August 10, 2014, 06:31:32 am by sambojin »
It's a game. Have fun.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: August 16, 2014, 10:34:45 pm »

Did anyone else try out the above deck? How did it go?

Feels a little too slow in a way. A grab-bag of board control, taunt and aggression, but without enough focus. Or card draw.

It's mid-rangey, kind-of, but needs a few more solid lower drops to be reliably quick, or some more mid/late game to be good for other things. Too many legendaries (looking at dropping Thalnos for a kobold, yep, heresy) just for early control of opposing 2 drops. Maybe one Rockbiter for a different enabler for the eggs/creepers. H.golem is "better" than blademasters, but I still want to work out how to keep them in the deck. They're suprisingly prone to injury, either card. Yeti may get subbed out for a healer, because it does come in handy. Really want a mana-tide totem to sit in behind the occasional taunt wall you end up with as well.

Anyway, a pretty variable deck that with a few changes can go from early to mid range control, to pretty smack-to-the-face, quite quickly. Heaps of answers, maybe not enough questions. The gear shifting of the deck is great, but it's not nearly a final draft. Still, sub out Thalnos for a kobold, h.golems for any 2-4 drop you like, a rockbiter for something quirky (windfury?) and the earth elemental for something without overcharge (non-rare) and tell me what you think.

It's not quite quick enough or stable enough to be considered "good", but it "works" as above. Even with blademasters.

Just a mid-range control deck, occasionally with surprising burst damage.
It's a game. Have fun.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: August 16, 2014, 10:39:38 pm »

I'd like to give it a shot just to mess with it, but I neither have nor intend to get enough of those cards to feel like it's a good test. Maybe I'll throw something together anyway; I like my current shaman swarm deck, might be nice to try something else with it.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: August 16, 2014, 10:47:07 pm »

Care to share when you've got time to list it?
It's a game. Have fun.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: August 16, 2014, 11:03:14 pm »

1x Forked Lightning
1x Amani Berserker
1x Crazed Alchemist
2x Dire Wolf Alpha
2x Flametongue Totem
2x Haunted Creeper
2x Feral Spirit
2x Hex
2x Imp Master
2x Ironfur Grizzly
1x Mana Tide Totem
2x Raid Leader
2x Dragonling Mechanic
2x Bloodlust
2x Frostwolf Warlord
2x Fire Elemental
2x Stormwind Champion
1x Sea Giant

Wow, this is even more bargain than I remember. One of these days I should actually craft something...

Anyway, does exactly what it looks like, summons a bunch of minions and then occasionally buffs them.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: August 17, 2014, 12:45:11 am »

Nice. Way quicker start than mine. I've been hanging to work out how to incorporate Bloodlust and Raid Leaders in the deck, just for buffs. BL can be a bit of a dead card sometimes, but if you have 2-3 active minions when you play it, it's nice. Any more and it's bonus value. 5 mana for +9-12 damage is good. Everything above that is a game changer.

Raid Leaders "should" fit into any deck after Naxxramus, but it's nice when cards have a use on their own. I probably under-rate them, even with Nax 2 drops, but they're probably very good on a taunty-token deck like I'm going for. But buff-zoo could be stronger than mid-control for Shaman with them.

I'll give your one a burl though, looks fairly solid. Just not how I play Shaman.

Actually one of the things I like about the class. You can vary it massively on play-style, but everything you spend dust on is useful.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2014, 12:54:04 am by sambojin »
It's a game. Have fun.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 109