Poll

Do you hate zombie ravens?

Yes.
- 10 (62.5%)
No.
- 6 (37.5%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11

Author Topic: Bloodhalls - vampire succession game - Ravens... Why did it have to be ravens?  (Read 13544 times)

Grimmash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bloodhalls - vampire succession game - Mortals need not apply
« Reply #90 on: December 17, 2013, 09:24:57 pm »

I can take my turn after this week.  I fly out tomorrow, and am back on Sat/Sun.  Pesky thesis defense on the other side of the country.

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 18, 2013, 03:13:38 am »

"From the diary of Gecko, miner:

A couple of days ago, covenlord Grim, former law-giver and member of the High Council, offered me the position of the temporary governor of Bloodhalls. He explained that he needed the time to perform some vital experinents on the dust cloud thralls. I accepted this offer. It was my chance to complete my task... But, it is much harder then it seems. They will be watching me. I must follow my plan carefully.

First of all, we need more human migrants. I must convince Grim to wipe all the dead bodies around the fortress. Most of the labours outside should be done by vampires, at least for a time. We need a burrow for the mortals, where they can smelt metals and produce goods for us. There are only four of us now.Here's the initial plan:
1. A warrior - One of us will be fighting off the undead.
2. A scribe - We need a bookkeeper to do the bodycount.
3. A builder - The castle is still under construction.
4. And finally, a janitor - to dump all the bodies of the undead into the volcano. Some woodworking jobs are also included."
ML's forum games and other good stuff

This artwork relates to the killing of the troll Ozyydif Kuilat by the cheese Eritoy Awexog in the early spring of 71

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 18, 2013, 07:37:41 am »

I can take my turn after this week.  I fly out tomorrow, and am back on Sat/Sun.  Pesky thesis defense on the other side of the country.

Fair enough, you can take your turn when you next have the time.  :)
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 20, 2013, 03:42:05 pm »

"From the diary of Gecko, huntress:

They are here. There are standing there, motionless, waiting for a breathing creatures to come to this bloody land. The don't feel us, yet they fight when we try to wipe them out. The thirst... It goes on. Must work. Must... fight...

A few days ago, Grim came into the loghouse, his clothes soaked in blood, with his helmet off. When Wolf tried to help him, he sat on the floor, whispering "I'm fine..." We brought him to the bed, and, after that, he immediately passed out. He seemed to be wounded - had a broken finger and some bruises. After a few hours, he regained conciousness. Though, he is still lying there, mumbling something. I asked him about what had happened - he said that he tried to fight the undead stranglers outside, but got hurt and felt sick. Well, now we have only 3 able-bodied dwarves to do the jobs. I hope, only for a time. I now, he is a vampire, but... Sarrak loves him. I hope he will get well soon.

Those frigging keas steal our equipment! Well, we can't do anything about it right now. We have no ranged weapons.

Not only the undead are roaming this place, the nature itself wants us to leave. Large clouds of deadly dust float nearby.

We got no migrants this season. Well, it was predictable.

While Wolf is updating stockpile information, Sarrak is making stone blocks to ensure that we have enough materials for the castle constuction. She is working pretty quickly, and we have already started building the second floor.

I tried to dress Grim's wounds... He feels better now, but his wounds are still not healed.

We need some real hardware to take care of the stranglers. I smelted some ore in the magma smelter. Yeah!

Now I am fully equipped. Just like in the old good times... It wasn't that hard to kick those stranglers' asses with my new iron morningstar. I dumped their bodies into the volcano. Now there are only an undead crow and a zombie cow nearby, exept for the regular roaming undead.. The second one seemes to be a tougher opponent. I could really use a bow to kill both of them."

OOC note: So, as you see, I gave Gecko with some iron equipment and killed the unded stranglers and their bodyparts. Grim seems to be bugged - a compound in his finger was repaired, but it says he still needs surgery. Gecko have tried to heal him for three times, but the situation remains the same.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2013, 04:06:44 pm by Monitor Lisard »

This artwork relates to the killing of the troll Ozyydif Kuilat by the cheese Eritoy Awexog in the early spring of 71

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 23, 2013, 02:09:02 pm »

Grimmash you can have the turn after Lizard, and then Maskwolf. Is everyone fine with that?
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 23, 2013, 02:34:29 pm »

Fine by me.

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 23, 2013, 03:08:44 pm »

I'm really tired of beating the shit outta rising undead with that iron morningstar. Although it's not very heavy for me now (vampire strength, obviously), I still prefer ranged weapons... Forged me a fine bow and a couple of arrows. Grim still lies in the bed, reading old dusty books. What happened to him?

Elves have arrived to our land... We don't have any goods to trade with them. but I asked Sarrack to build a trade depot anyway. She's a good girl, I wonder how did she end up being a vampire?

Yeah! Now that yak cow is dead again. I dumped it's body into the magma.

Wolf is still counting our stuff, and Sarrak is constructing the walls of the castle. She makes blocks and hauls them to the construction site. Wait... What's that noise? A cobold!

Grimmash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 23, 2013, 03:10:02 pm »

If no migrants show up/survive, I think I should play the voice of one of the Vampire's remaining humanity, trying to break out.  Any volunteers?  Or alternate ideas?  A ghostly force guiding the vampires?  The spirit of the volcano?

Actually, the thought of playing a summoned ancestor who is kind of a dick and maybe less useful than planned could give it humor, or the humanity could give it horror.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: December 23, 2013, 03:26:32 pm »

The force migrants script could be used to haul in more people.

Also if my resting is being a problem with manpower then just tip me out of the bed.

I was injured slightly while putting down the stranglers. Weak though they were they can rain down with a flurry of blows when given the chance. I have taken this as a chance to rest and to study the few books I have with me that might mention methods and means to control the dark energies that infuse this land.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: December 23, 2013, 03:28:36 pm »

If no migrants show up/survive, I think I should play the voice of one of the Vampire's remaining humanity, trying to break out.  Any volunteers?  Or alternate ideas?  A ghostly force guiding the vampires?  The spirit of the volcano?

Actually, the thought of playing a summoned ancestor who is kind of a dick and maybe less useful than planned could give it humor, or the humanity could give it horror.

We got plenty of ghost around here. I'll have to put them to rest eventually, but you still can use them in your story.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2013, 03:30:55 pm by Monitor Lisard »

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: December 24, 2013, 10:58:51 am »

When I returned to the castle, I saw a swarm of ravens. At first i thought that they were attracted by cobold corpse I had dumped into the volcano, but then I noticed that they beared a large number of wounds. Their eyes were glowing dark-red. Must have been that cloud...

Sarrak said she found a tiny pond turtle on the roof of the loghouse. How did it get up there?

Finally got to memorialising the dead. Sarrak set up a craftsdwarf's workshop and engraved the names of the fallen on wooden and stone slabs.

Due to the shortage of workers, I tried to get Grim back to work. Today I found him sitting on the floor. He did not pay any attention to me. He is now sitting there motionless, with his eyes closed, mumbling something. Maybe he is meditating? Anyway, we got no migrants this season, and it seems that we'll have work on our own for a longer time.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: December 24, 2013, 12:05:34 pm »

It may be worth me mentioning that I did try to dorf Grimmash as a migrant during my turn, but he got punched in the head by a zombie before I could put him through the vampirification process.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: December 30, 2013, 01:07:43 pm »

Lizard you still doing your turn? Been quite a few days, though what with the time of year I'm not bothered about a lack of updates, just that I'd like to know when they won't be happening.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: December 30, 2013, 01:13:49 pm »

I think I'll have to finish my turn now, if you don't mind. The fortress has lived through spring, but I really lack time to do updates now.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11